NHSC Scholarship 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does nhsc send emails on weekends?

Members don't see this ad.

Relax guys, regardless of whether or not we get the scholarship, we are still going to be part a great profession. I'm sure all of us will do well, no need to get anxiety or stress from a scholarship decision when we are already on our admitted paths to our dream careers.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looking back at the previous threads, the dates of each initial finalist notification posts indicate that the emails should be sent out any minute now...

2013-2014 = 7/23 @ 3:07 PM
2014-2015 = 7/24 @ 5:02 PM
2015-2016 = 7/21 @ 1:05 PM
2016-2017 = 7/27 @ 9:21 AM
2017-2018 = ???????????????

I don't know which is worse...checking emails or logging onto SDN and seeing a dozen new posts.

Reactions: 5 users
Looking back at the previous threads, the dates of each initial finalist notification posts indicate that the emails should be sent out any minute now...

2013-2014 = 7/23 @ 3:07 PM
2014-2015 = 7/24 @ 5:02 PM
2015-2016 = 7/21 @ 1:05 PM
2016-2017 = 7/27 @ 9:21 AM
2017-2018 = ???????????????

I don't know which is worse...checking emails or logging onto SDN and seeing a dozen new posts.

5:02 PM?!!??!!!! There is hope!

Just saw this posted on the portal that the site "Please excuse the inconvenience, but the site will be down for scheduled maintenance from 10 PM EST Tonight, July 28, 2017 to approximately 11 AM EST on Saturday, July 29, 2017". I have read from previous forums that this means updates!! hang in there everyone!

Just saw this posted on the portal that the site "Please excuse the inconvenience, but the site will be down for scheduled maintenance from 10 PM EST Tonight, July 28, 2017 to approximately 11 AM EST on Saturday, July 29, 2017". I have read from previous forums that this means updates!! hang in there everyone!

Can anyone confirm that this is actually a thing?

I can confirm that this is what happened with me so there at least seems to be a correlation. Whether it is actually a thing or not, only NHSC can confirm... but I doubt anybody over there actually knows either.

So you get the notification on Saturday?

I can confirm that this is what happened with me so there at least seems to be a correlation. Whether it is actually a thing or not, only NHSC can confirm... but I doubt anybody over there actually knows either.
Did you get updated before or after the site went down???

So you get the notification on Saturday?
No, the trend is that maintenance happens the weekend before. The notification came the following Wednesday I believe. But it happened with the first and second round of finalists my year so we concluded that it was an indication of updates coming within the week. I believe it happened with the nursing application as well. I remember reading that they came to the same conclusion on their thread, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, the trend is that maintenance happens the weekend before. The notification came the following Wednesday I believe. But it happened with the first and second round of finalists my year so we concluded that it was an indication of updates coming within the week. I believe it happened with the nursing application as well. I remember reading that they came to the same conclusion on their thread, too.

Thank you, cooliyak. Special shoutout to those that have remained strong in this thread. I will continue to pray for you, guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Here I am more concerned about this scholarship than getting a bed for my new apartment for dental school. I have been sleeping in a sleeping bag for the past few days. It could be worse. Sigh...

Here I am more concerned about this scholarship than getting a bed for my new apartment for dental school. I have been sleeping in a sleeping bag for the past few days. It could be worse. Sigh...
I slept on the floor my first week. Lol I understand!!! Good luck!!!

So is anyone ready to launch their nursing career?!

Reactions: 2 users
Like this if you know you aren't gonna get any quality sleep this week, lol.

So is the consensus then that if you get a finalist email you're in? 100%? Just want to make sure that if I get the email I can get excited, and not just..partially excited.

So is the consensus then that if you get a finalist email you're in? 100%? Just want to make sure that if I get the email I can get excited, and not just..partially excited.

Yeah pretty much... they tell you to do some confirmation things such as forms etc to be sure you still want it

Attachments

• I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg
    I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 81
Thats what I initially thought as well but I had a friend in my class who told me that she got the finalist email last year and did not receive the scholarship. She told me that finalist is not the final round. Im not sure though im just relaying what she told me.

GOT AN EMAIL

Jk

Sorry guys don't kill me pls.

There were 2 or 3 people from last year's forum that received the finalist email and later got a rejection notice. I don't think the scholarship is 100% until your contract is countersigned. I know that is not what any of us want to hear, but it seems to be the reality. I'm thinking around 8 out of 10 of those that receive the finalist email actually get the scholarship. That's just a guess!

Got an email!

is what I want to say any time now.

Seriously, something seems off. Anyone?

There seems to be some kind of delay. I'm starting to wonder if there is a funding issue or something.
THought it was typically the wednesday after site maintenance?

THought it was typically the wednesday after site maintenance?[/QUOT

Last year was a Wednesday, but previous years were other days of the week. It could be any business day.

THought it was typically the wednesday after site maintenance?
Last year was a Wednesday, but previous years were other days. I think it could be sent on any business day.

Tomorrow should be the day. Like this if you think so too.

Reactions: 4 users