2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My ORC was very high , what should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

My ORC was very high , what should I do?
Save it for a rainy day. Always a good idea to have a small emergency fund for unexpected things (car repair, laptop breaks etc).

Reactions: 1 users
Is the ORC given once in the beginning of the scholarship, or is it given the beginning of every year?

Members don't see this ad :)
What months are included in the back pay for our stipends? Is it August-November?

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea when we should expect the November stipend? As well as the following monthly stipends?
Every month’s stipend comes at the end of the month it is for. I always got annoyed because rent is due at the beginning, but that is how they do it. Usually around the 20-25th of the month is when I got mine.

how much was the orc for any D1s in here? I got about 3500 and that seems kind of low?

I got money in my account yesterday for backpay and stipend. No information on my school account regarding tuition payment though. Thought I'd update you guys. Did someone mention a facebook group for NHSC scholars? I'd love to join/help run that group if it's dead.
Hi I’m a second year scholar and they don’t pay tuition until next year lol. It’s a big delay but the school gets paid just like 4-5 months late haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a D1 and I looked at my school account today and tuition was paid for by the scholarship. I haven’t heard anything about the stipend or ORC yet, and there’s nothing on my account that says anything about it. I’m just gonna wait it out 🤷

I’m a D1 and I looked at my school account today and tuition was paid for by the scholarship. I haven’t heard anything about the stipend or ORC yet, and there’s nothing on my account that says anything about it. I’m just gonna wait it out 🤷
It all really depends on how fast the school sends the invoice and who the scholarship people get to first but they are known to be delayed. Just always turn in the verification forms on time.

Hi I’m a second year scholar and they don’t pay tuition until next year lol. It’s a big delay but the school gets paid just like 4-5 months late haha
So if youre not a first year tuition wont get paid until the spring semester? Just clarifying what you meant, looks like that is what my student account is saying as well?

So if youre not a first year tuition wont get paid until the spring semester? Just clarifying what you meant, looks like that is what my student account is saying as well?
It gets paid you don’t need to worry about anything just know it takes time. But that is between the school and HRSA. You just need to fill out forms from HRSA in a timely manner

Any idea when the rest of us will get ORC or stipend? My November rent is staring at me

I did my paper work on time and know my school has submitted invoice… no “financial info” button on portal either.

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea when the rest of us will get ORC or stipend? My November rent is staring at me

I did my paper work on time and know my school has submitted invoice… no “financial info” button on portal either.

same boat - no financial info or any updates in portal; from what i can tell it looks like mostly dental students have been receiving this week and med might be slated for next week? have been told we get orc & first stipend nearly at the 11/4 deadline

Last edited:
same boat - no financial info or any updates in portal; from what i can tell it looks like mostly dental students have been receiving this week and med might be slated for next week? have been told we get orc & first stipend nearly at the 11/4 deadline
I’m dental and got nothing yet

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
How many months out of the year do we receive stipend payments?

4FA99A14-5A3B-437E-90EF-148763CB7E37.jpeg

they just emailed out the webinar for any folks who were still waiting on it!

How do you get a hold of your state analyst? I've been sending messages on "ask a question" in the participant portal since September but haven't heard anything back.

how much were ur ORC? i heard it different for each school

got my financial info today! (the "my financial info" link appears on the right) ORC and stipend amt were the same as everyone else above!
from my school's portal it doesn't look like my tuition has been reimbursed for this semester yet - might be more of a school thing than an NHSC thing however

so if we received a disbursement from fin aid over the summer do we have to return that amount to the school once we get our ORC/stipend? Or does NHSC pay the school that amount back when they pay tuition etc.?

M1/OMS-I; ORC: $, somewhat balances out for me, already paid required $ for student health insurance + cost of equipment, etc. out of pocket, but I am really grateful though.

Last edited:
Nobody got their ORC and stipend in 2 separate payments did they?

Is anyone else not getting the emails about the webinar? Lol

Just got my stipend and ORC in two separate payments. I haven’t gotten my tuition reimbursed yet according to my school.

My ORC covered most of my required expenses that I had to pay out of pocket, like my VERY expensive instruments and lab supplies. Looks like my school reported it 😁

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody else not receive their stipends yet? -M1 at CSOM in NYC (wondering if this rollout is location based)