New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received any financial aid info yet. Can someone provide me with some insight or if they haven't sent it out yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fin Aid is out already. Tuition due is June 1. Hope it helps.

I believe the 'tuition due' thing only applies if youre paying out of pocket, because it would make no sense otherwise (first aid dispursement is august 2).

I believe the 'tuition due' thing only applies if youre paying out of pocket, because it would make no sense otherwise (first aid dispursement is august 2).
Honestly, it's confusing :) There is a screenshot from my bill....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.31.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.31.45 AM.png
    28 KB · Views: 110
Honestly, it's confusing :) There is a screenshot from my bill....

Give them a call. They're quite helpful! I also believe the June 1st deadline is for those who don't cover everything in loans. I guess if you've been recently accepted, you need to get your loan stuff together ASAP. As long as they process your unsub loans and plus loans, you should be good.

Accepted off the waitlist! I can't contain my excitement! See you all in the fall.

Reactions: 4 users
I recently applied through AACOMAS (primary application) for the 2017-2018 cycle and am a little confused with the supplemental application process. Does the supplemental have to be submitted within 10 days of primary application submission? If so, how? I haven't received a link to the supplemental and had no credentials to log-in to the portal through the primary application

I recently applied through AACOMAS (primary application) for the 2017-2018 cycle and am a little confused with the supplemental application process. Does the supplemental have to be submitted within 10 days of primary application submission? If so, how? I haven't received a link to the supplemental and had no credentials to log-in to the portal through the primary application

I was working on this too. It looks like you have to create an account here NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students describe how long you are on campus each day and what days are required for the lecture based program? Are the lecture recordings usually posted the same day or later?

Reactions: 3 users
Just bring the form to your pcp and be like "do this, thanks" and pick it up later. If anythings missing they'll tell you
I dont think its a very big deal.

Quick question- so I made the deposit in person today because I was having issues through the NYIT portal. But my acceptance package still hasn't arrived-- just wanted to know as long as the deposit is made my seat is secured right? Even though I haven't filled out the other acceptance information that has yet to come in the mail?

And for accepted students- how long did it take for your package to arrive in the mail after your acceptance email?

Quick question- so I made the deposit in person today because I was having issues through the NYIT portal. But my acceptance package still hasn't arrived-- just wanted to know as long as the deposit is made my seat is secured right? Even though I haven't filled out the other acceptance information that has yet to come in the mail?

And for accepted students- how long did it take for your package to arrive in the mail after your acceptance email?
It took me a week to receive my acceptance package after getting my acceptance. I would double check and call the office but I would assume your seat is now reserved.

When did you interview/get waitlisted?

Accepted on 05/19 from the wait list. Will be withdrawing!

If more people get accepted this Friday it means Waitlist moves every Friday

Hey guys, anyone know any decent apartments near NYIT?? Looking for people to room with as well. Gonna try to move out to Long Island sometime soon.

Hey guys, just gonna post this again since I wrote this awhile ago and it prob got buried. But I am a current 1st year (i guess now a 2nd year). And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Hey guys, just gonna post this again since I wrote this awhile ago and it prob got buried. But I am a current 1st year (i guess now a 2nd year). And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Do you recommend us spending 500ish bucks on the oto-ophthalmoscope kit?

Does the school provide a laptop/tablet still?

Do you recommend us spending 500ish bucks on the oto-ophthalmoscope kit?

Does the school provide a laptop/tablet still?

I wouldnt recommend it. I used a used one that someone gave to me. I would get the cheapest one you can find in amazon. You use them literally once in our DPR course to learn how to do the eye/ear exam. During our ICC clinical practical exams, youll use the ones they have in the standardized patient rooms.

I would def recommend buying a quality stethoscope (i.e. a Littman). Youll use it for the next 10-15+ years.

The other pieces of equipment such as the reflex hammer, etc can be bought in amazon.

I am in the lecture based curriculum. This is what one of the students from the DPC curriculum said: "Hey guys just figured I'd point out that if you're doing the DPC curriculum for next year you have to have all the medical equipment listed. You don't have to necessarily buy the schools package, but just make sure you have all the contents. You'll use them in clinical skills lab a ton especially first semester."

Also I would highly recommend joining the fb group Log into Facebook | Facebook

Yeah they give you an ipad to take notes and your exams in

Last edited:
Holy heck I got off the waitlist!!! Interviewed 3/3, waitlisted 4/11, sent in a letter of intent 5/18, accepted today 6/2! Dreams do come truuuuueeeeeeeee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got the email today that I'm off the waitlist!! Interview 01/10, waitlisted sometime in March. God is good!!

Hi Allin1211, Do you know if everyone that interviews are placed on waitlist? I am on waitlist, but no movement. Do people actually get a rejection notice or everyone is waitlist and eventually gets in due to withdrawals.. Just want to know my chances

Hi Allin1211, Do you know if everyone that interviews are placed on waitlist? I am on waitlist, but no movement. Do people actually get a rejection notice or everyone is waitlisted first and eventually get in due to withdrawals.. Just want to know my chances

Hi Allin1211, Do you know if everyone that interviews are placed on waitlist? I am on waitlist, but no movement. Do people actually get a rejection notice or everyone is waitlisted first and eventually get in due to withdrawals.. Just want to know my chances

No, not everyone gets placed on the waitlist. NYCOM is known to give silent rejections (aka no response) - but I am not sure if its the same case this year since they have a new Director of Admissions (it was true during my year). From what I've heard, the waitlist isnt ranked and is constantly reviewed. So if you have any updates on your transcript, i would def send it in.

Our class is huge (around 336), so theres bound to be movement as the weeks go by. Just send your updated transcript, letter of intent, and pray for the best.

Hope to see you next year!

Anyone else get a call asking if we still wanted to remain on the waitlist?

No, not everyone gets placed on the waitlist. NYCOM is known to give silent rejections (aka no response) - but I am not sure if its the same case this year since they have a new Director of Admissions (it was true during my year). From what I've heard, the waitlist isnt ranked and is constantly reviewed. So if you have any updates on your transcript, i would def send it in.

Our class is huge (around 336), so theres bound to be movement as the weeks go by. Just send your updated transcript, letter of intent, and pray for the best.

Hope to see you next year!

Got off the waitlist last Friday (received email around 6pm)! Lizzy M 64, interviewed 1/31 and was waitlisted early march. Super excited and blessed!

Anyone else get a call asking if we still wanted to remain on the waitlist?

I received a call today asking to confirm that I wanted to remain on the waitlist. I think they are just weeding out people on the waitlist who have accepted other offers before they make new decisions

Just got an email from NYIT for campus tour does this mean I got rejected?? o_O I'm a bit confused. In the description it says they'll discuss accomas cycle and stuff.

Last edited:
Just got an email from NYIT for campus tour does this mean I got rejected?? o_O I'm a bit confused. In the description it says they'll discuss accomas cycle and stuff.
Did you get waitlisted? I didn't receive that email