New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey would anyone help me out by giving an idea of why they chose NYITCOM over other schools? got an interview coming up for next year and would like some advice and unsure of where else to post.
I’m an OMS I here in Arkansas and I believe I have a post about this in the 2017-2018 thread if it helps. Can absolutely answer direct questions via PM if you would like.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey would anyone help me out by giving an idea of why they chose NYITCOM over other schools? got an interview coming up for next year and would like some advice and unsure of where else to post.

OMS II at NY campus. I chose NYITCOM over DMU because of cost and location.

I live in NY so I can commute from home instead of paying rent. During breaks I wouldn't need to buy plane tickets to head home. I also want to stay in my hometown and practice in NYC, so having rotations within the area was very important.

OMS II at NY campus. I chose NYITCOM over DMU because of cost and location.

I live in NY so I can commute from home instead of paying rent. During breaks I wouldn't need to buy plane tickets to head home. I also want to stay in my hometown and practice in NYC, so having rotations within the area was very important.

Hey I'm interviewing here next week and I was wondering if you had any tips for interviewing from your experience?
Also, what do you like best about NYIT COM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I'm interviewing here next week and I was wondering if you had any tips for interviewing from your experience?
Also, what do you like best about NYIT COM?
Ooo! Good luck! Just stay calm and be natural. They already read your application, so it'll do you no good to repeat what's on there. You can go more in depth about one you really really care about, but I think they're just looking for someone 3D. Prove to them you're not just book smart. :3
I'm not sure if other schools have this issue as well, but the admin is not exactly the best. Sometimes I wonder if they realize we're humans and need sleep too. :T But some professors are great and you'll find out along the way. The best part is my classmates. They're just amazing. We even formed study groups.
Hope this helps!

Ooo! Good luck! Just stay calm and be natural. They already read your application, so it'll do you no good to repeat what's on there. You can go more in depth about one you really really care about, but I think they're just looking for someone 3D. Prove to them you're not just book smart. :3
I'm not sure if other schools have this issue as well, but the admin is not exactly the best. Sometimes I wonder if they realize we're humans and need sleep too. :T But some professors are great and you'll find out along the way. The best part is my classmates. They're just amazing. We even formed study groups.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the help!!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else receive an application update email today saying their application is still under review and consideration?

Reactions: 1 users