New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anywhere besides the Facebook page where people are posting to find roommates? It seems like only a handful of people have posted about roommates on the fb page..
What's the name of the Facebook page? I didn't realize there was one.

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tuition for our class is out, should we be expecting loan info soon? Getting paranoid because I filled out FAFSA and got an email about filling out FAFSA :yeahright:. Also did anyone submit their Title VII Form?

Withdrew yesterday, hope one of you guys gets it!

Reactions: 2 users
Tuition for our class is out, should we be expecting loan info soon? Getting paranoid because I filled out FAFSA and got an email about filling out FAFSA :yeahright:. Also did anyone submit their Title VII Form?
I did, coz it showed up in my "to do list"

I did, coz it showed up in my "to do list"
Is the FAFSA the only thing we're "required" to do for now? I'm still undecided about schools and I don't want to fill out any financial stuff (i.e. MPN) without being sure.

If you fheck your email they sent us something w directions on how to complete financial aid

Fafsa, submit the title vii, accept the loan on the website, do the MPN, apply for grad plus at studentloans.gov

Reactions: 1 user
Wondering how many people are on waitlist. No movement yet despite withdrawals. Can people post if they are getting off of waitlist.. pleeeease?

Reactions: 4 users
Financial aid can be seen on the portal. All loans, but I'm guessing that we now have to apply for grad plus loans to cover the rest of the cost.

Financial aid can be seen on the portal. All loans, but I'm guessing that we now have to apply for grad plus loans to cover the rest of the cost.

How did you see your financial aid package? I thought those wouldn't be ready until the second week of May

How did you see your financial aid package? I thought those wouldn't be ready until the second week of May
That's what I was told too... Also, I thought that we fill out the MPN/PLUS loan application AFTER we receive the financial package?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just did all of it in one shot (ebtrance counsel, MPN for regular loan, grad plus application, mpn for grad plus) i doubt it makes a difference

I just did all of it in one shot (ebtrance counsel, MPN for regular loan, grad plus application, mpn for grad plus) i doubt it makes a difference
I thought about doing that, but I'm still unsure if I'll end up at NYITCOM or at a different school. If I fill out the MPN/loan stuff... for NYITCOM and then decide not to attend, will I be able to cancel or apply it for another school? If you're not sure, that's alright too. I appreciate the help.

It's on your NYIT Connect portal / Student Center page. Go to "View Financial Aid." Perhaps they didn't process everyone yet because it may depend on when you submitted your FAFSA and etc. I will call tomorrow to get more info on grad plus loans and keep you posted :)! Dw too much though it's loans not need based scholarships. You'll receive your 300k debt :p

I thought about doing that, but I'm still unsure if I'll end up at NYITCOM or at a different school. If I fill out the MPN/loan stuff... for NYITCOM and then decide not to attend, will I be able to cancel or apply it for another school? If you're not sure, that's alright too. I appreciate the help.

I dont know. Im going for sure so i havent given that issue any thought

It's on your NYIT Connect portal / Student Center page. Go to "View Financial Aid." Perhaps they didn't process everyone yet because it may depend on when you submitted your FAFSA and etc. I will call tomorrow to get more info on grad plus loans and keep you posted :)! Dw too much though it's loans not need based scholarships. You'll receive your 300k debt :p

I called and they said I should have one by the second week in May. I was a bit late in filling the FAFSA out so maybe that's why I don't have anything yet. I'm in no rush to get into debt, but I would like to figure out how much rent it will cover since I'm looking at places now.

What's the likelihood of scholarships?

Anyone know what's happening with the wait list by any chance? And does anyone know when there is typically most movement??

Anyone know what's happening with the wait list by any chance? And does anyone know when there is typically most movement??
I think waitlist movement will early June. This is based off of what happened on last year's thread.

I think waitlist movement will early June. This is based off of what happened on last year's thread.

Oh ok thanks for the reply. Have you heard of a lot of movement in general? If anyone has gotten off the WL please post :)

Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to all of you! :)

Oh ok thanks for the reply. Have you heard of a lot of movement in general? If anyone has gotten off the WL please post :)
WL movement hasn't started yet this year but I think a fair amount of people get off, considering most people in round two interviews get waitlisted.

WL movement hasn't started yet this year but I think a fair amount of people get off, considering most people in round two interviews get waitlisted.

I see. Did an admissions advisor tell you the WL movement hasn't started yet? I wanted to call and ask but I figured they might not even give any info about it.

I see. Did an admissions advisor tell you the WL movement hasn't started yet? I wanted to call and ask but I figured they might not even give any info about it.
I'm going off of last year's thread. WL started early June but I'm not sure if it has started already.

Was waitlisted. Got acceptance email April 28th! Waiting on the letter to arrive.

Can those who went from waitlist to acceptance state when they were waitlisted and if they sent any post II updates? Thanks!

Can those who went from waitlist to acceptance state when they were waitlisted and if they sent any post II updates? Thanks!
Waitilisted: 3/10, I sent a letter of intent!

If anyone can help me understand. I got accepted at NYIT and filled FASFA , what I heard is by june 1st we have to pay tution or apply for loan. If I get accepted at other school since I am waitlisted in June. How does it work, do we loose tution?

Hey, are there any females out there looking for roommates? Seems like not a lot of people are posting in the FB group for roommates. If there is anyone out there, PM me! Still looking for roommates :)

If anyone can help me understand. I got accepted at NYIT and filled FASFA , what I heard is by june 1st we have to pay tution or apply for loan. If I get accepted at other school since I am waitlisted in June. How does it work, do we loose tution?
+1 can I also get a response to this if you get off another waitlist does the loan carry over to other school get cancelled or what?

Why dont you just call the financial aid office? Theyre very responsive.

Got off the waitlist here and will be attending! Look forward to meeting you all.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email saying I was accepted and more information would be sent in the mail. LizzyM 63. Interviewed Jan 17th and waitlisted March 2nd.

Last edited:
what date is orientation and the first day of classes?