2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think it looks bad to have multiple background checks. It isn't like a credit check.
So if we pay to have a background check done at one school, it can transfer to another school if necessary or will we need to pay for another background check?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So if we pay to have a background check done at one school, it can transfer to another school if necessary or will we need to pay for another background check?
I would hazard a guess that it is not transferrable, but I can't find anything to confirm.

Background check is unique for every school and is not transferable . Background check is NOT like credit check . There aren't any scores assigned . NYITCOM background check takes 1-2 days max.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To current students/people who have been to the school in person: What's the best way to get from Memphis to Jonesboro ? I see that there's a greyhound but it looks like it's only once a day ??? Is there any sort of shuttle/bus service, or are people pretty much driving their own cars ?

To current students/people who have been to the school in person: What's the best way to get from Memphis to Jonesboro ? I see that there's a greyhound but it looks like it's only once a day ??? Is there any sort of shuttle/bus service, or are people pretty much driving their own cars ?
Drive your own car or get a rental. Public transit is basically non existent.

A lot of students live on campus at the circle apartments (they are owned by A-state). You are able to stay here most of the year by are not able to stay for summer. these apartments are a short walk (~5 mins from the school). the only downside to on campus housing is that some do not under any circumstances allow you to stay over summer. This means that If you work for a lab, are doing your clinical rotations, or are participating in the mandatory July course at the end of your second year, you will have to make arrangements for that on your own. many students help others out and let those students stay with them in off campus apartments/rentals, and some other students are known to simply stay at a hotel for that month during 2nd and 3rd year.

Has anyone tried to setup their AState ID yet?
I got the email earlier and followed the instructions but I’m getting the “incorrect information” error. Is this happening to anyone else?

withdrew my seat here (i got accepted to a school much closer to home) best of luck to anyone still waiting

Reactions: 3 users
I got the email earlier and followed the instructions but I’m getting the “incorrect information” error. Is this happening to anyone else?
Experiencing the same thing. Tried using different web browsers and clearing my cache. Also looking for a resolution

Yeah I got the same error! I'm suspecting A-State hasn't updated the portal to include our newly generated NYIT ID (the 9****** one) 🤷.

The April 15th deadline is just to accept your loans or set up a payment plan, it just gets cancelled if you attend another school. You should contact the AR financial aid person, you can also contact NY financial aid if you don't get a timely response

The payment plan requires a payment of 3229 upon enrollment. Would that get refunded if I do not end up going to NYITCOM? The payment HUB is not letting me change the payment plan so that I can start paying at a later time.

Yeah I got the same error! I'm suspecting A-State hasn't updated the portal to include our newly generated NYIT ID (the 9****** one) 🤷.
it can take up to a week for NYIT and Astate to coordinate this as the numbers are generated by NYIT and are an independent system from the A state system. I am not sure how long it has been since they issued you your NYIT ID. but I would definitely try after 5pm today and if not working, then after midnight tonight. You can also reach out to the ATG office here at Jonesboro and they can help you expedite things sometimes.

ATG
Tel: 870-680-8830
atghelpjb@nyit.edu

The payment plan requires a payment of 3229 upon enrollment. Would that get refunded if I do not end up going to NYITCOM? The payment HUB is not letting me change the payment plan so that I can start paying at a later time.

Looks like the options are to either sign up for FAFSA loans or have a payment plan that will later refund you if end up not going here.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI: A-State housing portal has been updated and is now active for us despite them saying it's 4/13. I just paid my deposit lol

FYI: A-State housing portal has been updated and is now active for us despite them saying it's 4/13. I just paid my deposit lol
TFW I haven't gotten an A-state ID yet :D

Update: I got my A-State ID this morning (4/12)

Last edited:
TFW you haven't gotten an A-state ID yet :D
? I just activated my A-State ID & PIN at midnight lastnight (also got an additional student email on top of the one NYIT gave us) 😅

• Hmm
You will have an a state and NYIT email. Set up your a state email so that it forwards all your emails to your NYIT email. You will also have 2 student IDs. One for a state and one for NYIT.

im in WL purgatory (on 4 WL including here- this is higher up on my list) does anyone know when movement here starts?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
im in WL purgatory (on 4 WL including here- this is higher up on my list) does anyone know when movement here starts?
4 waitlists sounds like a heck of a shot for at least one to work out. I don’t know about this school specifically but a couple other schools mentioned April and May.

Last edited:
Are you able to select a room? It's not letting me do anything yet.

4 waitlists sounds like a heck of a shot for at least one to work out. I don’t know about this school specifically but a couple other schools mentioned April and May.
one programs emailed me saying that the class is full atm, and another historically does not pull from the WL (rarely1-2 people). So im trying to get my foot in somewhere

one programs emailed me saying that the class is full atm, and another historically does not pull from the WL (rarely1-2 people). So im trying to get my foot in somewhere
Which school only pulls 1-2 people typically? That’s a very low amount. It’s a good sign you’ve had interviews and are close.

i think it was the form to get the housing list. it had scrub measurements and name pronunciation i think???

Do ya'll remember giving measurements for your white coat ?? because I don't.... wondering if my memory is failing (very plausible), this is only a NY campus thing, or if I never received this form

Are you able to select a room? It's not letting me do anything yet.
I skipped the step for creating NYITCOM Roommate Groups, and stuck at a What's Next? page saying April 6 is when we can select rooms 🤷. I'm guessing they update the portal again tomorrow?

• Hmm
Do ya'll remember giving measurements for your white coat ?? because I don't.... wondering if my memory is failing (very plausible), this is only a NY campus thing, or if I never received this form
not sure if you meant your are in OW, but at the Jonesboro campus I would say to double check your email (spam included as sometimes the messages from faculty go there). You should receive an invitation to fill out a form for you and your coater (if you have one) I highly recommend doing your best to get accurate measurements as the school will give you a larger coat if the one you selected is too small, but will not give you a smaller one if you pick a size that is too large.

NYIT in jonesboro does take from the waitlist, some individuals have found out earlier, such as in mid-late April. While some like my Significant Other did not find out until approximately the last week of May/ First week of June

Last edited:
I got an email that if I don’t pay half of the year’s tuition by April 17th my seat will be rescinded. I completed my FAFSA and am working through my loans. Is there more to do besides this? I’ve already paid my deposit.

Is everyone only seeing 2 beds/2 baths available at The Circle? Are all the singles already taken?

I got an email that if I don’t pay half of the year’s tuition by April 17th my seat will be rescinded. I completed my FAFSA and am working through my loans. Is there more to do besides this? I’ve already paid my deposit.
I would email NYITCOM affairs or their financial aid email, it could be just an error as that's happened before!

After reserving a room, we don't have to do anything until the payment due date in August right ?

I would email NYITCOM affairs or their financial aid email, it could be just an error as that's happened before!
Okay, I am in communication with them. If I lost my seat after paying the deposit that would really blow.

It looks like the previous students get their first picks! We're left with the scraps
that makes sense ! there were only a handful of rooms left when I checked so if this is the case, I'm glad I got a room in general lol

that makes sense ! there were only a handful of rooms left when I checked so if this is the case, I'm glad I got a room in general lol
Me too! I was just really hoping to get a solo room :(

• Care
Will there still be rooms by tomorrow? I just submitted my deposit but now I have to wait 24 hours

Were anyone able to go back to the unit selection page? It seems to disappear for me 🤷😬

It looks like the previous students get their first picks! We're left with the scraps
this is correct. the only singles that will come available will be students that are second years that currently have a single that are leaving for rotations, or any current students in a single that drop. Most of the students usually have a room mate for the first year and can transition easier to a single more easily at the end of your first year/ start of second year. Also be sure to be quick on getting in touch with maintenance. a good example why was seen this year when there was supposedly only 1 HVAC contractor that could repair the AC systems and when he ended up in the hospital at the start of the year there were quite a few students that got stuck without air conditioning for a considerable amount of time.

does anyone know when waitlist movement starts?

I’m giving up my seat today. I already have another acceptance at a closer school I’d rather go to. Hopefully it goes to one of you. Also, today is the last day to set up a payment plan or file your fafsa folks. If you don’t do it TODAY, your SEAT WILL BE RESCINDED.

I did my FAFSA and the GRAD-PLUS loan and that took are of the requirement. Just because you apply for these you are not mandated to use them.

I did my FAFSA and the GRAD-PLUS loan and that took are of the requirement. Just because you apply for these you are not mandated to use them.
I did this as well. It was a little confusing at first cause the grad-plus loan page wasn’t working but it went through.

I’m giving up my seat today. I already have another acceptance at a closer school I’d rather go to. Hopefully it goes to one of you. Also, today is the last day to set up a payment plan or file your fafsa folks. If you don’t do it TODAY, your SEAT WILL BE RESCINDED.
Wait is that NYITCOM only or for all DO schools because I thought each state had different deadlines? Could anyone clarify this?

NYITCOM requires you to have a payment plan set up for tuition- Paying Cash/credit card, payment plan, Unsubsidized loans plus Grad-plus loans. IF you for got to do FAFSA I suggest do it today and send them a copy of the submission. Same for Grad-plus. If they don't accept it just set up a payment plan but go with FAFS/GRAD-PLUS for actual payments. I am not from NY but had to do it. FAFSA is straightforward and you can name up to 10 schools (If you are still vacillating). But GRAD-PLUS loans are specific to schools with some schools don't even accept them.

NYITCOM requires you to have a payment plan set up for tuition- Paying Cash/credit card, payment plan, Unsubsidized loans plus Grad-plus loans. IF you for got to do FAFSA I suggest do it today and send them a copy of the submission. Same for Grad-plus. If they don't accept it just set up a payment plan but go with FAFS/GRAD-PLUS for actual payments. I am not from NY but had to do it. FAFSA is straightforward and you can name up to 10 schools (If you are still vacillating). But GRAD-PLUS loans are specific to schools with some schools don't even accept them.
Honestly thank you for this information, thank you so much

Yea but I needed to come to a decision and didn’t want to keep HODLing both seats so it feels weird but Imma have to write a seat declination email.

Wait is that NYITCOM only or for all DO schools because I thought each state had different deadlines? Could anyone clarify this?

This is for NYITCOM only. Each school has its own policy. But, the general AACOMAS guidelines say you must only have one seat by may 15, so if you are holding onto more than one AACOMAS offer, you must decline all but one. Note that (I believe) this policy does not apply if you only have one AACOMAS offer and an offer from tmdsas and/or amcas. In that case, AACOMAS does not require you to do anything about the other offers.

This is for NYITCOM only. Each school has its own policy. But, the general AACOMAS guidelines say you must only have one seat by may 15, so if you are holding onto more than one AACOMAS offer, you must decline all but one. Note that (I believe) this policy does not apply if you only have one AACOMAS offer and an offer from tmdsas and/or amcas. In that case, AACOMAS does not require you to do anything about the other offers.
Thank you all for this great information, all these deadlines are confusing to be fairly real with you haha