New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people debating whether or not to apply to the DPC curriculum (instead of the standard Lecture Based Curriculum), i highly recommend joing the DPC fb group and asking past 1st and 2nd years.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I was waitlisted but I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Any more acceptances this week?
just curious to see if wait list still moving or it is all done with acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call today asking to confirm that I wanted to remain on the waitlist. I think they are just weeding out people on the waitlist who have accepted other offers before they make new decisions

Did you ever hear back after that phone call?

Interview 2/7

Waitlisted 3/3

Received Phone Call asking if I wanted to remain on waitlist 6/6

Accepted 6/9

Absolutely ecstatic!

Reactions: 2 users
withdrawing my acceptance today. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else just get an email asking to respond with name number and whether or not you're still interested

JUst wanted to post this I got a similar email from the Jonesboro campus too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the same email as well, this is starting to sound like its just more of a mass email they sent out rather than an indication were going to be accepted like people earlier have posted.... but maybe im wrong.

Regardless, even if it is a mass email a good chunk of people will not respond or no longer show interest. Thus cutting down the WL further. Keep your hopes up!

Accepted off the wait list Yesterday. Interview on 03/03.
I already accepted Touro, Middletown.
Is NYIT better than Touro?

Congrats! Did NYIT contact you about staying on the waitist?

How did you hear, by phone or email? Also did you receive a email/phone call asking if you wanted to stay on the wait list?

NYITCOM facilities and reputation are *definitely* better than Touro. Unless its much more convenient to go to Touro, I'd recommend NYITCOM.

NYITCOM facilities and reputation are *definitely* better than Touro. Unless its much more convenient to go to Touro, I'd recommend NYITCOM.

Thanks for reply.

No phone call. Received email only.
Also did not receive any email on Tuesday regarding interest in wait list.

I talked to Clair yesterday, she told me that she last year they only had 2 students drop out from now until the orientation on August 1st, and they do not rank

I think she is the financial aid director unless there is another Clair.
Oh got you but hopefully the waitlist moves more :D love the banana thing but you took it too far ... see what I did there?

Accepted today, given until July 7th to accept and send in my deposit. Did not see this coming

Anyone with similar stats get accepted to NYIT Old Westbury?
Overall GPA 3.6, Science GPA 3.37, MCAT 502
In-state with volunteer work/shadowing/research/scribe/study abroad

Does anyone know if the medical equipment (besides the stethoscope) is necessary? Like the hammer, opthalomo kit etc

Does anyone know if the medical equipment (besides the stethoscope) is necessary? Like the hammer, opthalomo kit etc

I saw second year and other students post on Facebook that only the stethoscope is worth buying. The other instructments you will find in the room or can use cheaper alternatives .

Any second year or higher students know if the first day orientation is more formal or casual setting? Thank you

Last edited:
I saw second year and other students post on Facebook that only the stethoscope is worth buying. The other instructments you will find in the room or can use cheaper alternatives .

Any second year or higher students know if the first day orientation is more formal or casual setting? Thank you

Thanks for the info!!

Anyone with similar stats get accepted to NYIT Old Westbury?
Overall GPA 3.6, Science GPA 3.37, MCAT 502
In-state with volunteer work/shadowing/research/scribe/study abroad
BS from UC Davis 2014 cGPA 3.67 sGPA 3.55 MCAT 504 ( extremenly uneven 122/128/129/125)
Advance Cert. in Med Lab from CUNY Hunter 2016
NYS licensed Clinical Lab Technologist
~1500 hrs clinical lab practice
~100 hrs hospital volunteer
II on 1/27. Accepted on 2/16

Received a phonecall today asking if I would still be interested in attending even though classes start in 10 days. I don't think this was an acceptance though. It's hard to believe they'd accept me this late.

Just withdrew my acceptance after being pulled off of the waitlist at my first choice. Hope it goes to one of you well deserving individuals, don't lose hope yet!

Guessing today is the last day to find out if anyone gets off the wait-list, kind of wish they would just reject us rather than having us wait till the very last minute and finding out we didn't make it

Reactions: 4 users
Just called admissions and they said classes have started and everyone has arrived, so look out for an email concluding this cycle. Hope to see you waitlist folks at interviews this upcoming cycle!

For those who interviewed here in the past, when does NYIT begin to send out interview invitations?

Hey would anyone help me out by giving an idea of why they chose NYITCOM over other schools? got an interview coming up for next year and would like some advice and unsure of where else to post.