Mizzou c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question: I know there is a whole day of events for us planned, with check in staring around 7am. I work at home Friday night, and was planning to travel in the morning (~3.5 hours). I would probably miss the morning tour but could probably make it to lunch - would this be looked down on? Should I try to take off work to be there early? Please lend some advice

Members don't see this ad.

Question: I know there is a whole day of events for us planned, with check in staring around 7am. I work at home Friday night, and was planning to travel in the morning (~3.5 hours). I would probably miss the morning tour but could probably make it to lunch - would this be looked down on? Should I try to take off work to be there early? Please lend some advice
I don't think it would be looked down on! After your interview, they have everything they need to make their admission decision so I don't think it would be looked down upon/ if they would notice.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed with the same question. Attendance is not mandatory nor will be taken. You are good to come to the interview only!

Members don't see this ad :)
Found this video super helpful as someone who has to interview virtually

Columbia, Missouri: A Tour (2021)

Reactions: 1 users
Excited to see y’all tomorrow! I am flying in today!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Safe travels for all of you interviewing in-person! I look forward to seeing you all. I know your nerves are probably high, but know that our interviewers truly just want to get to know you, they’re not out to get you. You’re going to do great. Those 15 minutes will fly by faster than you know it. Be proud of yourselves for making it this far, and let that confidence show

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hi guys! I withdrew my app (and thus forfeited my interview) as I was accepted into one of my top schools. I wish all of you the best of luck in your interviews!! Hopefully now this is one less person for them to worry about!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! I withdrew my app (and thus forfeited my interview) as I was accepted into one of my top schools. I wish all of you the best of luck in your interviews!! Hopefully now this is one less person for them to worry about!
Congrats! Which school?

Congratulations!

Does anyone know about establishing residency in Year 2 at Mizzou? I know it’s an option but is it a near guarantee?

Does anyone know about establishing residency in Year 2 at Mizzou? I know it’s an option but is it a near guarantee?
This was talked about at the panel and the financial aid presentation! It's almost a 100% guarantee you'll get it. Manda the financial aid advisor said that the reason why it was 99% last year was because 1 OOS just didn't submit their application.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Tuition drops like 40k or something like that once you get residency! 🤑

Congrats! Which school?
Thank you! The school's CSU though I'm still waiting to hear from one other school. They're both pretty much tied with each other on my top list of schools.

How was everyone’s interview? Mine is coming up any pointers?

How was everyone’s interview? Mine is coming up any pointers?
I enjoyed mine! No reason to stress over it - it was really conversational and they just want to learn more about you and your experiences!

I agree- mine was in person with a panel of 3. It was short, conversational, and low stress. Don’t worry too much!

I agree- mine was in person with a panel of 3. It was short, conversational, and low stress. Don’t worry too much!
How long is the interview? Was yours in person or zoom?

Wow that’s short😆
Lol yeah. They mentioned it would only be 15 min in an e-mail. All my other interviews have been like 30+ plus. I guess Mizzou just knows what they want!

Lol yeah. They mentioned it would only be 15 min in an e-mail. All my other interviews have been like 30+ plus. I guess Mizzou just knows what they want!
We should be hearing back from them soon right according to last year’s forum? When you interviewed in person, do they give any dates that they would be releasing acceptances?

We should be hearing back from them soon right according to last year’s forum? When you interviewed in person, do they give any dates that they would be releasing acceptances?
They said early March

I loved mine! All the panelists were so nice and really just wanted to get to know me as a person. Seemed as though each interview was very tailored to the specific applicant as I was asked things directly off my application they had in front of them.
During the lunch Kathy said decisions will either go out March 1st, 2nd or 3rd. All depends when she finishes entering our Fall grades and when interviewers have scores in.
Good luck! ❤

Reactions: 6 users
It's crazy b/c last year, they let people know decisions around this time! Does anyone know when the last interview date is set? I had mine earlier this month in person, but I am not sure how I felt about it.

Last edited:
It's crazy b/c last year, they let people know decisions around this time! Does anyone know when the last interview date is set? I had mine earlier this month in person, but I am not sure how I felt about it. Like it was fine just short and didn't seem personable due to the 15 min... Does anyone else feel like this?
I want to say it's like Feb 18th... I could be very wrong though.. It's definitely near the end of February!

I want to say it's like Feb 18th... I could be very wrong though.. It's definitely near the end of February!
I believe it is Feb 18th too! But I understand I want to know already 😭😭😭

I felt as if my interview flew by! Wish I had more time to sell myself but I am hopeful. The interview made me want to attend even more so than before haha..

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing today/this week! 😊

Just had my virtual interview and think it went well! Was nervous to have it over Zoom, but the committee members were all very friendly and conversational. 15 minutes has never felt so short lol.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting to have there's!

Reactions: 4 users
Almost fell off my seat with that email just now

• Haha
Hi friends, how are we all doing with the waiting game? If February could just go a little quicker that'd be fabulous 👌 😅

Hi friends, how are we all doing with the waiting game? If February could just go a little quicker that'd be fabulous 👌 😅
Definitely struggling! I've had ample time to second guess my entire interview, haha. And even though I'm well aware of the timeline, I find myself consistently checking all outlets of information in hopes of magic 😄

Definitely struggling! I've had ample time to second guess my entire interview, haha. And even though I'm well aware of the timeline, I find myself consistently checking all outlets of information in hopes of magic 😄
yep, my crystal ball is unfortunately out of juice 😕 and no amount of microbiology or physics I drown myself in will allow me to turn my brain off at night, yay... stress is such a wonderful thing 🙃

I'll add that I've been second guessing my interview since I left Missouri end of January

It would be pure magic if they released decisions before March lol

Do OOS hear the same time as IS?
Last year and years past no but that's because OOS and IS didn't interview together. This year since we were all mixed I would think yes we would all hear at the same time?

Hi! My interview is in person on the 18th. If anyone else’s interview is that day I would love to connect and meet up at the scheduled tours/lunch!

Any suggestions on what hotel to stay at? I have my interview this weekend and will be relying on uber or walking.

Any suggestions on what hotel to stay at? I have my interview this weekend and will be relying on uber or walking.
We stayed at Stony Creek. Only about 5-7 minutes from campus (driving). Really nice hotel and no issues! Also best of luck, you got this!! 😊

First time OOS applicant, interviewed on Zoom today... so nervous now!!! There's a LOT to like about this school and getting to talk with the interviewers only made me want to attend more 😭 I'm gonna be a wreck closer to decisions coming out. Good luck to everyone interviewing in-person tomorrow!!

Not sure who all on here made it to the zoom call for the faculty and dean meet and greet this afternoon. From faculty to admin they are all so down to earth 🥰 solidified my love for the school and program. Hang in there all, we're so close! Best of luck to everyone in the next couple weeks!!! Praying for good news 🙏🫶🤞

Does anyone know how many IS and OOS they interview vs accept? I know U of i interviews 250 OOS 150 IS and accepts 75 IS and OOS but cant find Mizzous numbers anywhere.

Does anyone know how many IS and OOS they interview vs accept? I know U of i interviews 250 OOS 150 IS and accepts 75 IS and OOS but cant find Mizzous numbers anywhere.
Did not even cross my kind to ask about this but I probably should have, whoops. Only admissions/stats I asked about was OOS waitlist

I will say in the Q+A last week with Doug he said that they are hoping for a class of 125-126... those numbers could be slightly off. Dr. Cohn also said today in response to admissions they will under accept meaning only offer the seats they have originally so they can pull off the waitlist as much as possible at least that is what it sounded like. If anyone else was there last week or today and wants to chime in please do!