Mizzou c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang, I didn’t get an email…so I assume if we didn’t get one we’ll be getting a rejection?
I didn’t either… I’m assuming that means rejection :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS invite! Deciding on whether I'm gonna travel or do the interview on Zoom.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t either… I’m assuming that means rejection :(
Also not necessarily! If people decline their interview, I do believe that Mizzou has a waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
No email. I'm guessing they were sent all at once?
Yeah, it’s likely if we didn’t get an email we were rejected. In the past all interviews went out one day, and a few weeks later rejections went out

OOS interview invite who chose zoom!

OOS interview invite!!! Yipeeeee

Members don't see this ad :)
Was waitlisted last year, got so many more clinic hours since then and just got rejected! Feeling extremely upset, I don’t understand :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS rejection :/ congrats and good luck to everyone who got interviews!! wishing y'all the best:)

• Care
OOS rejection too. Congrats and good luck to everyone interviewing!

• Care
Well, the good news is I don't have to move to Missouri.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Got my rejection :/ Congrats to everyone who got an invite!

My VMCAS cum GPA is 3.76, my last 45 is 3.91 and still get rejected.🥹I guess what’s pulling my back is my science gpa (3.58),and I don’t have a lot vet hours (500). I haven’t get any offer yet but have 2 rejects so far😭

My VMCAS cum GPA is 3.76, my last 45 is 3.91 and still get rejected.🥹I guess what’s pulling my back is my science gpa (3.58),and I don’t have a lot vet hours (500). I haven’t get any offer yet but have 2 rejects so far😭
Same. KSU and Mizzou rejected me.
My cum GPA is 3.9 and last 45 is 4.0, so it makes me feel like the rest of me just sucks.

• Wow
My cum GPA is 3.9 and last 45 is 4.0, so it makes me feel like the rest of me just sucks.
I honestly don’t know what they are expecting anymore, everyone I saw who get accepted are non-traditional students with thousands of hours😭

Reactions: 3 users
I honestly don’t know what they are expecting anymore, everyone I saw who get accepted are non-traditional students with thousands of hours😭
If it makes you feel any better, I'm non-traditional with 4.5k hours and I didn't get an interview. I wish they would do file reviews with us but I understand why they dont.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I’m a non traditional with over 4,000 hours, small, large, and exotic experience. My gpa is on the lower end which I’m sure is what got me unfortunately

OOS rejected. 🥲

• Care
OOS rejection. I have a 4.0 GPA with >15.5 hour course load and hundreds of extracurricular and leadership hours. My vet hours are lacking; I have 900 with equine, small animal, and ~20 of that was under a public health vet. I wish they said we could do file reviews because I want to know what I could improve. I know some people with 3.9 GPAs and 3k hours that got rejected as well.

Still, congrats to everyone who got an interview! It was super competitive so that's something to be very proud of!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
OOS rejection. I have a 4.0 GPA with >15.5 hour course load and hundreds of extracurricular and leadership hours. My vet hours are lacking; I have 900 with equine, small animal, and ~20 of that was under a public health vet. I wish they said we could do file reviews because I want to know what I could improve. I know some people with 3.9 GPAs and 3k hours that got rejected as well.

Still, congrats to everyone who got an interview! It was super competitive so that's something to be very proud of!
May I ask how you got to shadow with a public health vet? I’m super interested in this field!! Thanks for sharing :)

OOS Interview- in person congratulations to everyone who got accepted & sending positive vibes to those who did not get the news they had hoped for. Hope you are all able to do something that makes you happy this evening!

OOS interview- will do in person.

I was OOS rejected last year.

May I ask how you got to shadow with a public health vet? I’m super interested in this field!! Thanks for sharing :)
Definitely! Almost every state has an assigned state public health veterinarian. Mine oversees rabies concerns and other zoonotic disease concerns. I first met her at an event held by my university's Pre-Vet Club, but I would just email your state's veterinarian (or a nearby state) and ask! Here is a current list for the US:
https://www.nasphv.org/Documents/StatePublicHealthVeterinariansByState.pdf

Is anyone unable to see the slot for the in person interview?

I have a 4.0 and I applied to 6 schools last year and didn’t get in to any of them. This year I’ve gotten one acceptance and four interviews so far. I had the same experiences for both cycles (just more hours the second time around), and a new experience (only 50 hours) in an equine hospital. So I think that my personal statement is the reason I was barely looked at my first cycle. We all know that this essay is super important, but I don’t think we all realize that with so many applicants with great experiences and great stats, if our essays don’t show the right level of maturity and knowledge of the field, it will be easy for committees to throw away our app even having a 4.0 GPA and/or thousands of hours.

I regret not taking my personal statement more seriously the first time around.

OOS rejection, 3.75 GPA, first cycle. I also wish they would do file reviews, and to be honest I feel like for the price of the application, they should. Even if it isn't done until summer, and even if it's wouldn't be as thorough as we may like, it would really help anyone looking at applying next cycle.

Reactions: 7 users
OOS rejection with a 3.74 cum. GPA, 3.82 last 45, and 3.67 science. I have almost 900 hours of small/exotics vet hours, 100 hours of vet experience with cattle, and over 1000 hours of dairy cattle experience (non-vet). I also have several leadership and extracurricular activities. I would really love to know what to fix, especially after paying so much money. This is my first cycle and my second rejection with no good news so far, so it’s been tough to process.

I’d love to know what to do differently also. This was my first choice out of state school.
I have had thousands of hours of community service since high school, leadership experiences, over 4,000 hours of vet experience with small, large, and exotic. I also went a non-traditional route and have a business degree, then went and took the science courses after undergrad while working full time in the veterinary field. I had good references from diverse fields
My GPA wasn’t super competitive which I know is my weakest point. I also didn’t have the average 15.5 hours of credits per semester due to me having to work full-time/overtime in the field. This is also my first application cycle and I know it’s pretty uncommon to get in on your first try, especially out of state.
I’d love to hear stats from those who got interview invites so we can see what to improve on for the next cycle if we don’t get into another school this year.
Wish you all the best of luck with your interviews and applications, and I know we will all make great veterinarians in the future!

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely! Almost every state has an assigned state public health veterinarian. Mine oversees rabies concerns and other zoonotic disease concerns. I first met her at an event held by my university's Pre-Vet Club, but I would just email your state's veterinarian (or a nearby state) and ask! Here is a current list for the US:
https://www.nasphv.org/Documents/StatePublicHealthVeterinariansByState.pdf
Wow thank you so so much! This was extremely helpful!! Wish you much luck this cycle :)

I’d love to know what to do differently also. This was my first choice out of state school.
I have had thousands of hours of community service since high school, leadership experiences, over 4,000 hours of vet experience with small, large, and exotic. I also went a non-traditional route and have a business degree, then went and took the science courses after undergrad while working full time in the veterinary field. I had good references from diverse fields
My GPA wasn’t super competitive which I know is my weakest point. I also didn’t have the average 15.5 hours of credits per semester due to me having to work full-time/overtime in the field. This is also my first application cycle and I know it’s pretty uncommon to get in on your first try, especially out of state.
I’d love to hear stats from those who got interview invites so we can see what to improve on for the next cycle if we don’t get into another school this year.
Wish you all the best of luck with your interviews and applications, and I know we will all make great veterinarians in the future!
Wow, this is so impressive! I’m sorry you didn’t get an interview, I know how you feel, but I would be surprised if you didn’t get in somewhere with those stats! Wishing you the best of luck!

• Care
OOS interview (first time), very sad I missed signing up for in-person interviews due to work :(

OOS interview (first time), very sad I missed signing up for in-person interviews due to work :(
Same here, except I'm in state. Dissapointed there were only two days set aside for everyone to do in-person. This is the only school I applied to actually doing them at all, though.

Praying for no bad camera angles, poor internet connection, or awkward pauses when trying not to speak over anyone. Best of luck ya'll!!