Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I think Azcom uses it interchangeably. What the admissions counselor I spoke with said is if someone drops their acceptance, we take their spot. It isn't ranked because I asked that as well
Is there a difference between the hold and alternate lists?

I think Azcom uses it interchangeably. What the admissions counselor I spoke with said is if someone drops their acceptance, we take their spot. It isn't ranked because I asked that as well
Okay thanks!

Hmm mine says I am missing the bachelor requirement, but it is under the accepted checklist. I'm going to hope that still means I'm accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm mine says I am missing the bachelor requirement, but it is under the accepted checklist. I'm going to hope that still means I'm accepted.
Mine says I'm missing my bachelor's degree too. Maybe it's something weird that hasn't updated with their system yet, I'll probably call tomorrow to see what it's about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have the Matriculation Agreement Form link? I feel like if that is there, it means you're accepted.

Do you have the Matriculation Agreement Form link? I feel like if that is there, it means you're accepted.
IIRC they said accepted and alternate list people all see the accepted checklist, but only the accepted students see the matriculation agreement, so I think you're right.

IIRC they said accepted and alternate list people all see the accepted checklist, but only the accepted students see the matriculation agreement, so I think you're right.

ImageUploadedBySDN1481672294.060612.jpg

Is this what you mean? Or is this what everyone has?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
You're accepted. As long as you have the matriculation agreement you're in. They will check off the bachelor degree requirement after receiving your official transcript.

Reactions: 3 users
OMG. Accepted after interviewing on 12/9. I'm in absolute shock. First acceptance ever! I'M GONNA BE A DOCTOR!

Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed 12/6. No portal change. Does AZCOM do silent rejections?

We're waitlisted
That's weird because mine says I need a bachelor degree but I've been accepted for like 2 months now..

Edit:never mind it shows a completed degree once I paid my deposit 5 minutes ago

Last edited:
Interviewed 12/6. No portal change. Does AZCOM do silent rejections?
Did you apply to CCOM also? I remember admissions saying (maybe it was CCOM) that they don't send a rejection, they pretty much just lock you out of the account. Not sure how that would work if you applied to both and are still waiting to hear from one.

Did you apply to CCOM also? I remember admissions saying (maybe it was CCOM) that they don't send a rejection, they pretty much just lock you out of the account. Not sure how that would work if you applied to both and are still waiting to hear from one.
I did... Must be why I can still get into the portal. I guess I'll contact them if I don't see any update in the coming weeks. Thanks!

View attachment 211906

Is this what you mean? Or is this what everyone has?

I'm confused. When I clicked on the matriculant agreement form, it says "Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." But I was able to complete the technical standards form and agreed to it. What does this mean?

I'm confused. When I clicked on the matriculant agreement form, it says "Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." But I was able to complete the technical standards form and agreed to it. What does this mean?
No idea, the actual agreement shows for me. Probably would be best to call admissions tomorrow and check with them.

No idea, the actual agreement shows for me. Probably would be best to call admissions tomorrow and check with them.
My question is how do some people know for sure they were waitlisted or accepted? Did they get a phone call?

+1 for me ( I posted a picture above). I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow unless someone can clarify on here. It seems a bit odd for sure.

My question is how do some people know for sure they were waitlisted or accepted? Did they get a phone call?
Me and another person called and it was verified that we were placed on the alternate list. Accepted people got a portal update that updated the "accepted checklist" I guess

Me and another person called and it was verified that we were placed on the alternate list. Accepted people got a portal update that updated the "accepted checklist" I guess

So what update did you get? Was there no update to your accepted checklist?

Hey All, first time poster but wanted to let everyone know I interviewed here 12/12 and received an acceptance email today.

Good luck to everyone!!

Sorry double post

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we can expect movement off of the post-interview waitlist to start happening?

Accepted! Interviewed 12/9, and they left a voicemail this morning.

Any other 12/02 interviewees still waiting on a decision? I feel like I'm gonna get a big fat rejection in the mail *cries*

Accepted! Interviewed last week. Received the phone call this morning. I am in shock!!

Last edited:
Just paid my deposit! I am an "official MWU student" now!

Reactions: 6 users
Can someone please give me an idea of the interview format? Looking through the thread, I understand it's conversational, but what type of interview is it? Traditional, MMI, Group, etc. Also is interviewing end of February super late-as in interviewing for a waitlist spot?

EDIT: If you could please quote this message so I know that someone responds that would be great. I have a habit of posting and then forgetting about it, haha.

Can someone please give me an idea of the interview format? Looking through the thread, I understand it's conversational, but what type of interview is it? Traditional, MMI, Group, etc. Also is interviewing end of February super late-as in interviewing for a waitlist spot?

EDIT: If you could please quote this message so I know that someone responds that would be great. I have a habit of posting and then forgetting about it, haha.

Interview was a panel of a PhD, DO, and a 4th year med student (some had an MD). No MMI or group interviews. It felt very traditional and was not a "stress" interview at all. Know your app and you will be fine.

I don't know anything about their acceptance rate later in the year. Feb seems early to be going straight to the waitlist, but I'm not sure.

You will meet with 3 people in a small room for about 20-30 minutes. It's a pretty traditional interview but they do not have access to your MCAT and GPA. I found it moderately stressful but it will depend on who you meet with. It could be 2 basic sciences faculty and a student or 3 basic sciences faculty. Overall the interview day was enjoyable.

Interview was a panel of a PhD, DO, and a 4th year med student (some had an MD). No MMI or group interviews. It felt very traditional and was not a "stress" interview at all. Know your app and you will be fine.

I don't know anything about their acceptance rate later in the year. Feb seems early to be going straight to the waitlist, but I'm not sure.

You will meet with 3 people in a small room for about 20-30 minutes. It's a pretty traditional interview but they do not have access to your MCAT and GPA. I found it moderately stressful but it will depend on who you meet with. It could be 2 basic sciences faculty and a student or 3 basic sciences faculty. Overall the interview day was enjoyable.

Great, thank you both. I know SailorHg has given their opinion, but can anyone confirm that I will be interviewing for the wait list spot with an II in end of February?

Great, thank you both. I know SailorHg has given their opinion, but can anyone confirm that I will be interviewing for the wait list spot with an II in end of February?
I highly doubt it. But keep checking the portal because you can probably move your interview up as people cancel or reschedule if you are concerned.

Has anyone heard anything after being put on pre-II hold?

For any current students and upperclassmen, how should the rankings of rotations go for someone who wants to learn a lot but also do not want to be in the middle of nowhere or a desert?

List: LA, San Diego, Kankakee, Chicago, Tucson, West Valley, East Valley

Currently thinking as 1) LA 2) West Valley 3) East Valley 4) Tucson 5) San Diego 6) Chicago 7) Kankakee

I'm hearing Tucson Medical Center is bad. Why? Thanks all.

For any current students and upperclassmen, how should the rankings of rotations go for someone who wants to learn a lot but also do not want to be in the middle of nowhere or a desert?

List: LA, San Diego, Kankakee, Chicago, Tucson, West Valley, East Valley

Currently thinking as 1) LA 2) West Valley 3) East Valley 4) Tucson 5) San Diego 6) Chicago 7) Kankakee

I'm hearing Tucson Medical Center is bad. Why? Thanks all.
I heard pretty disappointing things my the medical student about the Los Angeles rotations when I interviewed. She said the Arizona and Chicago roatations are great, but would really recommend against the LA ones.

On pre interview hold as well. I contacted them about 2.5 weeks ago and they told me that the interviews for those that are on pre interview hold are going to be in feb, march, and April. Can anyone who was placed on pre interview hold in previous years, please elaborate on the difficulty of matricualting if given an interview, when initially placed on pre interview hold?