midwestern ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go to CCP. Arizona is too hot, but they do have the 3 year program.....hmmm. Chicago is too cold over the winter; snow, ice crappy drivers. That's a tough one!

Indeed labrat... I've lived in Naperville most of my life... maybe its time for a change.. or maybe not... hmm... 3 year is so appealin'... but my friends are here at CCP... friendship or 3 years... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed labrat... I've lived in Naperville most of my life... maybe its time for a change.. or maybe not... hmm... 3 year is so appealin'... but my friends are here at CCP... friendship or 3 years... :scared:

Yeah, I've lived here my whole life too. I moved to a town just south of Downer's about 2 years ago, so it will be the shortest drive to school I'll ever have to make. I do plan on moving to a warmer climate (not hot) when school is done. Go to CCP: friends are pretty important and at least you get summers off (almost 4 months) so you can relax, make money, go on vacation, etc. Plus, I was pretty sure that the 3 yr program is not guaranteed because it depends on your P1 performance. Maybe its different at CPG.

Has anyone that has interviewed on the 17th found out of their status yet? I am getting so nervous!!!!:scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Nov. 13th and got waitlisted in December... then i checked my online Midwestern acct that I got after being accepted (P.S) not interact acct), checked it today and it said you have been accepted to both programs... and so now i have to decide... all online... but i'm sure i'll get snail mail soon to finalize it...

hi was curious...how were you notifed about being accepted? and what's P.S?

hi was curious...how were you notifed about being accepted? and what's P.S?

my online midwestern account... this acct is NOT the interact account but an account that Midwestern gives you after you've been accepted.... I was accepted to CPG, as a result, I had access to that website... CCP and CPG use the same website, so when something changed on that website layout I knew something was up... This is how I knew something was up...

I can't wait any longer!! Did you guys hear anything back from Dec. 17th interview??? it's already the 5th week~

this wait is driving me crazy........... =(

I hear that...this is drivin me up a wall

yay i got in! I just got a phone call from wendy too! =D

Congrats Guys...ring you damn phone!!!! haha seriously though, good job!

I didn't receive a phone call from CCP. does it mean I didn't get in?:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
CHicago but didn't receive a phone call!!!!AHHHHHHHHH

wahoo! I got a phone call this afternoon!!!! I'm from California

So they are giving phone calls now.....that's weird.

I'm from California. My stats are crappy and that's to put it lightly.

Overall GPA 2.67 according to PharmCAS
PCAT 91 overall
1.5 years of research
2.0 years of pharmacy volunteering
2.0 years of medical clinic volunteering
Also various other extracurricular activities at school and community.
I must say though...my personal statement is one to die for. :D

Gluck every1

just for a little hope for those w/out the call (like myself ;) haha i read somewhere that some people got calls last year and some just got letters..sooo....its not the end yet haha..good luck everyone! and congrats to those already accepted

just for a little hope for those w/out the call (like myself ;) haha i read somewhere that some people got calls last year and some just got letters..sooo....its not the end yet haha..good luck everyone! and congrats to those already accepted

AWW MANN!!! I wish you told me that before i sent my panic email to admissions.

ps. torkey i got no call either, maybe we get the personalized hand delivered news???

AWW MANN!!! I wish you told me that before i sent my panic email to admissions.

ps. torkey i got no call either, maybe we get the personalized hand delivered news???

hey thats fine if we do...just hope it comes soon haha...let me know how that email goes ;)

for those of you who recently got accepted, when was your interview date?

I would check your interact now account---I found out that way--I think I got my acceptance letter the day after my interact now updated.

Yeah, I've lived here my whole life too. I moved to a town just south of Downer's about 2 years ago, so it will be the shortest drive to school I'll ever have to make. I do plan on moving to a warmer climate (not hot) when school is done. Go to CCP: friends are pretty important and at least you get summers off (almost 4 months) so you can relax, make money, go on vacation, etc. Plus, I was pretty sure that the 3 yr program is not guaranteed because it depends on your P1 performance. Maybe its different at CPG.

I think at the interview--they said that they don't do the 3 year program anymore. Can anyone confirm that?

didnt get in....dont know if waitlisted or denied but just called and its not accepted so....good luck to the rest of yall

Confirmed, they don't do the accelerated program at CCP anymore.

Double affirmative, they just discontinued that program for the student starting in 2008. What a rip off! Summers of will be nice though.

hey guys.. quick question.. for those who got a phone call... approximately how long did it take before you received the matriculation agreement and the forms in the mail? I got the call on tuesday.. haha still waiting...

hey guys.. quick question.. for those who got a phone call... approximately how long did it take before you received the matriculation agreement and the forms in the mail? I got the call on tuesday.. haha still waiting...

More than likely you'll either receive it tomorrow or next week... the matriculation agreement is online, there will be no forms included in the letter.

for people that got in... are you able to choose housing, mine just says "downers grove unable to process applications at this time"

mine says the same thing.

for those of you that got the phone call, where are you located at?

Who here got accepted for Fall and is from California?

that counts if you can help me get over my fear of going to another state that has snow. it's scary to live in ca all your life then move to another state with such a drastic weather change. any advice is welcomed :)

by the way i think i remember you from the day of the interview--we were in the same tour

by the way i think i remember you from the day of the interview--we were in the same tour

oh really? Nov 13th interview or was it 15th... wonder if I remember you... anyways... the area your living in is very very nice... its the higher end for chicago suburbs... We will start school around Sept, but starting around October it gets a little cold... then gets even colder and so on until like March... So in reality we only spend about 2-3 months in warm weather in school... there isn't too much to fear except that you'll see more gloomy days then sunny days... but hey... atleast you get to experience the 4 seasons... any more questions, I'll be happy to answer...

werent you the guy that knew everyone there? november 13th. figuring out how to putt chains on my tires for the snow and possibly freezing to death are two main concerns. i am hoping i'll get used to it.

werent you the guy that knew everyone there? november 13th. figuring out how to putt chains on my tires for the snow and possibly freezing to death are two main concerns. i am hoping i'll get used to it.

yea lol... and I'm guessin' you were in my interview group or were you not... =P... if you were I think I know who you are... anyways... chains on tires are DEFINITELY not needed... it doesn't get that slippery and if it does everyone drives very very slow.... freezing to death can be a concern, and it does get very cold on certain days :eek:... as long as you bundle up, gloves, hat, and a nice warm jacket.. you'll be fine... or you can always just run from 1 point to another for class, but again that's hugely up to you... and you'll get use to the fact that we always have to warm up our car in the winter time so that it runs properly...

i guess any fashion sense i had can be thrown out the window now that i wll have to look like an eskimo. thanks for the info. i was not in your actual interview group...just the campus tour afterwards. i feel i stood out but i don't think you would remember me.

i guess any fashion sense i had can be thrown out the window now that i wll have to look like an eskimo. thanks for the info. i was not in your actual interview group...just the campus tour afterwards. i feel i stood out but i don't think you would remember me.

Sorry, internet connection went hay wire... well don't say that.. you can still be very fashionable during winter time... in fact, i find it to be the most fashionable time if anything... as for the campus tour... there was only one person i remember from CA with me on the campus tour... were you sitting across from me?

sitting across from you inside the class where they pulled us out for the interview? i don't remember where you were sitting at all...i just remember you from the tour. i didn't announce i was from ca so you wouldn't have known. i was the coolest one there...jk

sitting across from you inside the class where they pulled us out for the interview? i don't remember where you were sitting at all...i just remember you from the tour. i didn't announce i was from ca so you wouldn't have known. i was the coolest one there...jk

lol.. nah during lunch time... ugh... that lunch was pretty horrible :scared:

i didn't have lunch with you guys..i just bounced after i got my food =) it looked like it was going to be lame

thanks. well i guess you'll know who i am when i attend school or if i get my facebook going.

hey guys... just got in as well.. probably going to Midwestern for pharmacy school!

Was wondering about something... do you think it's necessary to have a car for your first year? I'm from CA... and i'm trying to think of how i'm going to get all my stuff there.

same problem here. when i found out i was accepted a month ago..i was first very excited then i was wondering how the hell am i going to move all my crap. if you think of something let me know

A car is definately necessary, from a PS-I. You need to drive to your site visits which can be pretty much anywhere around the city of Chicago. If you live on campus and are out of state they try to place you in a closer site. There are like 15 people in my class from Cali, I am sure it will be no different next year.:)

hey guys... just got in as well.. probably going to Midwestern for pharmacy school!

Was wondering about something... do you think it's necessary to have a car for your first year? I'm from CA... and i'm trying to think of how i'm going to get all my stuff there.