midwestern ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ohio State...soooo i can take your spot (i'm on the alternate list). hahaha JK! but honestly, pick the school based on what your heart feels is best. nothing is worst than attending a school where you feel uncomfortable. you'll be regretting it till you're out...if you make it out. CONGRATS! :)

Yeah agedPharmtech I agree with whoopya03, clearly you've to spend your fours most important years... so make a choice by your heart, also you have to keep in mind the financial aspects of both the schools, also the environment, if it suites your lifestyle; the program itself and the opportunities it provides you with.

Good luck...

Members don't see this ad.

Ohio State...soooo i can take your spot (i'm on the alternate list). hahaha JK! but honestly, pick the school based on what your heart feels is best. nothing is worst than attending a school where you feel uncomfortable. you'll be regretting it till you're out...if you make it out. CONGRATS! :)
Thanks. I have until 04/10 to make my decision on Midwestern. But you know my heart is leaning towards Ohio state, but on the other had I really liked the Chicago area. Both schools are very nice, just one is state and the other is private. I'll be pondering over this for a few more nights....ohh and by the waym if I do end up choosing Ohio, you can definitely have my spot :).

I'm kinda in a similar situation, I have to get back to midwestern by 4/10 too but I won't hear from my number #1 (UIC) until 3rd or 4rth week of april...have you ever heard of a school giving an extension on a deposit? good luck with your decision

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kinda in a similar situation, I have to get back to midwestern by 4/10 too but I won't hear from my number #1 (UIC) until 3rd or 4rth week of april...have you ever heard of a school giving an extension on a deposit? good luck with your decision
In my opinion, if you ask a school for an extension, they will probably know what you are waiting to hear back from other schools. Or I guess you could try telling them that you don't have a $1000 to drop at the moment, and need an extension. I don't think either of these will work becuase I'm sure others have already tried them :D. But hey things can happen and best of luck. By the way where is UIC? I'm from Texas and am not too familiar with the midwest schools.

In my opinion, if you ask a school for an extension, they will probably know what you are waiting to hear back from other schools. Or I guess you could try telling them that you don't have a $1000 to drop at the moment, and need an extension. I don't think either of these will work becuase I'm sure others have already tried them :D. But hey things can happen and best of luck. By the way where is UIC? I'm from Texas and am not too familiar with the midwest schools.

UIC is in the heart of Chicago...

Anyone going to the interview on April 14? And those who have been accepted has good advice for us late interviewee? Many thanks.

I think reviewing the interview feedback is invaluable, just make sure you can answer those questions. Make sure you have solid answers to the why pharmacy and why Midwestern questions especially. Be courteous and polite to everyone in the group interview, like actually pay attention when others are answering..etc....

something that might be helpful is to make a list of your positive qualities/ achievements with specific stories to back it up. In my interview they asked name a time you went above and beyond (basically name something great you did...) and some ppl had really mediocre responses...

also, try to sit close to the interviewers and develop a rapport with them, when you leave the classroom to walk to the interview room, I walked with one of the interviewers and made small talk- I think that helps.

sorry for the long post but hope that helps!

Hey Good Luck with your interview! Don't be nervous, I know easier said then done, I was very nervous for the first five minutes but the people of the university are so nice and welcoming! Very helpful as well! I had a wonderful experience, considering this was my first interview ever but I don't know how I performed! Well just make sure you read the feedbacks, helped me a lots and also make sure you say what you mean, don't try to make up stuff because it becomes quite evident! Just be who you are and say what you will you in a certain situation when asked... good luck and don't worry just be happy and go, everyone is in the same boat as you are! You wouldn't know what time will go by.

Good Luck!

(sorry for the long post, hope it helps)

Does anyone know whether or not you have to take the written portion of the interview even though you've already taken the PCAT with the writing assessment? Also, can you post your essay question? Thanks!

everyone has to take the written portion according to what I know. I don't think we are allowed to post our exact essay question, but I did get a question that discussed an ethical dilemma in health care. Honestly, its not too bad, they just want to make sure you can form a coherent argument nothing too fancy.

Did any one receive any news from Midwestern about the decision for those interviewed during 3/10 till 3/14? I am getting nervous:scared:!!!

I hope it comes next week, before I start my exams as then I'll be relieved with whatever the result is!!!

Also did any international students in this forum got accepted to CCP?

I interviewed on 3/12 - haven't heard anything. Was told not to expect anything for about a month. I think we're going to have to sweat it out for a while, probably another week or two. Anything sooner than that would be a relief, but probably shouldn't be expected, so don't stress out too much. I know the feeling! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 3/12 - haven't heard anything. Was told not to expect anything for about a month. I think we're going to have to sweat it out for a while, probably another week or two. Anything sooner than that would be a relief, but probably shouldn't be expected, so don't stress out too much. I know the feeling! :)

The waiting is painful:mad::mad::mad:

Well it's been three weeks complete, we should be expecting something next week or the week after!! I would probably get it late, as I am further away... well let the countdown begin....
I hope it doesn't coincide with my exams, because if I am accepted I think I'll forget about my exams... lol

Did any one receive any news from Midwestern about the decision for those interviewed during 3/10 till 3/14? I am getting nervous:scared:!!!

I hope it comes next week, before I start my exams as then I'll be relieved with whatever the result is!!!

Also did any international students in this forum got accepted to CCP?

Interviewed on 3/12 and got a letter today...alternate list. :(
I've already been accepted elsewhere that'd I'd rather go instead of CCP...but...damn.
Now I have no clue of what to expect from UIC... :scared:

Interviewed on 3/10-I think I got waitlisted :(because I called them today and they didn't say anything about my status, and said I should receive the mail in a few days!!

I am soo disappointed:(, I really want to go to Midwestern University!

Waiting for the letter to come

I interviewed 3/14 and got my alternate list letter today boo...still waiting for 2 other schools which I interviewed at before Midwestern and have not heard anything yet.

i just withdrew my acceptance today, so maybe one of you guys on the alternate list will get that spot! :D

Hey spark423,
I am hoping I am the one (lol).... just joking...Good Luck with your 'pharmacy future' ! and Thanks just in case I do get accepted... you never know!

Hey I'm going to be withdrawing my acceptance as well so that opens up another spot.. I hope you get in!

UIC and UIowa are giving out offers this week, so there will be more spots open!

Well, it's now confirmed that I am waitlisted, but I just want to know if majority of the waitlist are admitted or not? Moreover, would my status of being an international student affect my chances of getting in?

Thanks a lot for all your feedback!

Well, it's now confirmed that I am waitlisted, but I just want to know if majority of the waitlist are admitted or not? Moreover, would my status of being an international student affect my chances of getting in?

Thanks a lot for all your feedback!

I don't think they discriminate against you based on that. I got accepted and am an international student. Don't lose hope yet. A lot of people got pulled off from the CCP waitlist.

I don't think they discriminate against you based on that. I got accepted and am an international student. Don't lose hope yet. A lot of people got pulled off from the CCP waitlist.

Thanks JSK PharmD for your assurance! I am just wondering when I'll be pulled off? you interviewed on march 10 ryte, which group did you interview with? I was in group E!

Congratulations on getting in once again!

i sent my letter of delicine offer today, anyone on waitlist good luck~:)

Thanks JSK PharmD for your assurance! I am just wondering when I'll be pulled off? you interviewed on march 10 ryte, which group did you interview with? I was in group E!

Congratulations on getting in once again!

Hey there! I was in group D. I don't know about when they will pull off people from the wait list, but I heard that they've been pulling people off since late last year. Whenever someone gives up a seat, the admissions committee will decide together by looking at everyone's file which student to pull off from waitlist. Don't worry... CCP class is very big (200). You should have a good chance to get in if you're on the waitlist.

Also, I remember the counselor guy said if you really want to go to MWU and still on the waitlist by June, you can always send them a letter of intent. Please know that CCP will accept students up until September. Good luck.

I also withdrew my acceptance today. Goodluck to all.

Hi JSK
I'm also an international student. Do we need to show the financial aid office the money which can cover the 4 year expenses? I heard they ask international student to do that. It's 200K in total. I won't have such a lot of money. If it's true, I'll give up.

Why Midwestern never reply my email or phone call? Everytime it takes me a while to find the right staff who can answer my questions.:mad::mad::mad:

anyone pulled off the alternate list yet? the waiting is dreadful! :oops:

anyone pulled off the alternate list yet? the waiting is dreadful! :oops:

No word yet, I am dreading it tooo! But knowing that the admissions commitee meets once a month, more or less we will have to wait for a month or so!!!!:(

Have you finished all your pre-req yet, I have some unfinished so I am finishing those in summer, hoping I will hear from them!

Good Luck with waiting!

Why Midwestern never reply my email or phone call? Everytime it takes me a while to find the right staff who can answer my questions.:mad::mad::mad:

Yes, that happens to me as well. They don't answer the phone. If you leave a message, they never get back to you. I sent them an email, and they never replied back. Way to treat their newly accepted students...

none

Last edited:
Hey I had interview on april 2nd, and it has been 2 weeks, looks to me like a month, any how , people who got accepted CONGRATULATIONS, and good luck 2 all who got wait listed. Did CCP take a month, to reply after interview???:eek:, I hope not, and does any one know how many admission offers have been made for 200 spots???
Will appreciate ur feedback!!!
IK007:)

Well it did take me about 1 month before I found out my alternate list status! But they usually make the decisions by the third week and the mail came in a week later! good luck with the waiting process had to deal it myself and it's just plain frustating! Hope you hear what you want to hear!

Good Luck!

No word yet, I am dreading it tooo! But knowing that the admissions commitee meets once a month, more or less we will have to wait for a month or so!!!!:(

Have you finished all your pre-req yet, I have some unfinished so I am finishing those in summer, hoping I will hear from them!

Good Luck with waiting!

yeah i actually already have my bachelor's degree so everything is completed and ready to go. ughhh....

so where are you from?

none

Last edited:
yeah i actually already have my bachelor's degree so everything is completed and ready to go. ughhh....

so where are you from?

I am an international student actually.... I am from Toronto! SO I am kinda scared about my chances.... Crossing my fingers and hoping the best!

You're lucky done with school and alll- enjoy the summer! ( minus the waiting part) lol

For all Acceptees that signed up for housing, check your MWU mail... your housing should've been assigned and you'll get a letter in the mailbox soon...

heyyyy PB920...it's been 3 weeks to date... have you heard anything from them yet?! i'm getting so anxious. what's your name? our group was a really chill group. :p

hey girl, it's payal, the indiangirl who sat across from you during the interview? I found out i got in AFTER i got back from a weekend vacation, exactly four weeks since the interview.. like 3/20 th weekend? i was so excited! :D

none

Last edited:
I also interviewed April 2nd and have not heard anything. I hope we hear soon. I have been accepted to Ferris State, but Midwestern is my number 1 choice!! Best Luck all.

Congrats Payal!
I have been waiting since April 2nd, no updates from MWU yet. How did they notify u abt the acceptance?
a letter or phone call? n did they take 1 complete month to inform abt ur status?

Yeah, it took forever for the acceptance letter to come. I got a small envelope so I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a bit heavier than a single sheet for rejection would be. I was so happy because I've been wanting to go to chicago for a looong time!:)

hey girl, it's payal, the indiangirl who sat across from you during the interview? I found out i got in AFTER i got back from a weekend vacation, exactly four weeks since the interview.. like 3/20 th weekend? i was so excited! :D

wuttupppp payal! i hate you. hahaha. jk. congrats on your acceptance! i'm on the waitlist for now sooooooo cross your fingers for me! have you decided to go there for sure? :thumbup:

After three months on the alternate list, I have finally received an acceptance letter. However, during that time I was accepted to UIC, my first choice, and will therefore be declining the offer. That's one more spot that'll be reopened for those of you still waiting :)

Just got into MWU, but I think I'll be declining it. I've already gotten into my top school. Good luck to everything who is still waiting

For all Acceptees that signed up for housing, check your MWU mail... your housing should've been assigned and you'll get a letter in the mailbox soon...

Congrats to those who have been accepted to Midwestern. I just got my acceptance letter over the weekend and i'm very happy about it. However, I'm stressed out about making a decision to attend Midwestern or U Wyoming. I was preparing myself mentally to attend UWyo and came to like it a bit, on the other hand, I liked Chicago and Downer groves areas when I was there for the interview. For those who have decided to attend Midwestern, can you tell me why you choose the school? During the tour I noticed that on-campus housing is dorm like and no private kitchen. Can someone tell me the cost of living on-campus and if you like the arrangement? It seemed really quiet on the weekend. Where does everyone go? Please give me as many pros as you can possibly think of. ;) Many thanks in advance.

Whatsthepho :confused:

I got accepted off of the alternate list! yayy! Got a letter last week but since I already paid the deposit for Wingate SOP($2k) I am most likely going to be 'rejecting' the offer. Too bad Midwestern CCP was my first choice...I still got 10 more days to make the decision:scared:

For those of you who have declined the acceptance, did you call, or is there a way to decline online?