midwestern ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those waiting to hear back from the Nov 13 or 14 interview... I just gave Wendy a call and she said the admissions committee hasn't made a final decision yet... expect a letter within 1 to 2 weeks... she said probably by the end of next week you should hear from them...

Members don't see this ad.

Oh!!!! I can't believe that this is real!!
I just called the admissions office and they told me I got accepted!!
Am I dreaming and making up this?
I gave him(I forgot his name!) my SSN and full name and he just gave out the acceptance information. He said I would receive the letter in the mail in a few days!!

If all of this is true, then I'm soooooooo happy!!!
Sad thing is right now there's nobody around I can celebrate this with.

I still can't believe this.. maybe I should see the actual letter in the mail.

:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those waiting to hear back from the Nov 13 or 14 interview... I just gave Wendy a call and she said the admissions committee hasn't made a final decision yet... expect a letter within 1 to 2 weeks... she said probably by the end of next week you should hear from them...

hello, hello 18. Just wondering why you called CCP. Aren't you going to CPG? (Not stalking you) Or did you apply to both schools? It seems crazy that they told you that over the phone and told Notcoy of his acceptance. :confused: What is the deal? Good luck on your acceptance to CCP if that is where you want to go. :thumbup:

I gave him(I forgot his name!) my SSN and full name and he just gave out the acceptance information. He said I would receive the letter in the mail in a few days!!

congrats notcoy!!!:) you must be so happy now. i thought they had put you on the waitlist? Thats weird, maybe they never did. I hope it isnt really 1-2 MORE weeks until the rest of us find out!! They said "early december" and thats now! Does your interact now account show that you are accepted? maybe ill have to call them now.... what did you say/how did you ask?

i have an interview on jan 9!! anyone else going?? how far is this exactly from chicago??

hello, hello 18. Just wondering why you called CCP. Aren't you going to CPG? (Not stalking you) Or did you apply to both schools? It seems crazy that they told you that over the phone and told Notcoy of his acceptance. :confused: What is the deal? Good luck on your acceptance to CCP if that is where you want to go. :thumbup:

I'm from Illinois... I have a bunch of buddies that go to pharm school at ccp... I applied to both schools... when I called CCP, I just asked if the admissions committee has met and didnt' give any of my information... maybe I should call them tomorrow and give them my information... maybe they'll update me with good news also...

do you know who you talked to... I'm sure if I got transfered to Wendy she wouldn't tell me a thing...

I'm from Illinois... I have a bunch of buddies that go to pharm school at ccp... I applied to both schools... when I called CCP, I just asked if the admissions committee has met and didnt' give any of my information... maybe I should call them tomorrow and give them my information... maybe they'll update me with good news also...

interesting...I'm from IL too....represent

congrats notcoy!!!:) you must be so happy now. i thought they had put you on the waitlist? Thats weird, maybe they never did. I hope it isnt really 1-2 MORE weeks until the rest of us find out!! They said "early december" and thats now! Does your interact now account show that you are accepted? maybe ill have to call them now.... what did you say/how did you ask?

My InteractNow hasn't been changed yet! I hope that it will change eventually and I will receive the acceptance letter soon!!!
I am waitlisted at CPG(Midwestern Glandale) and had an interview at CCP on the Nov 13th.
I called and confirmed twice, but still have trouble believing it..
maybe it's because I've waited for too long!!! hahaha

My InteractNow hasn't been changed yet! I hope that it will change eventually and I will receive the acceptance letter soon!!!
I am waitlisted at CPG(Midwestern Glandale) and had an interview at CCP on the Nov 13th.
I called and confirmed twice, but still have trouble believing it..
maybe it's because I've waited for too long!!! hahaha

so you have called twice today?

so, what are some intangibles to look out for at the interview at ccp? also any suggestion how to approach the ethical essay questions?? i interview on the 17 of Dec. Anyone going to join me???

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, getting a little sick of checking the mailbox everyday. I just want to hibernate until the letter shows up. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: I don't think calling is a good idea, as tempting as it may be.

so, what are some intangibles to look out for at the interview at ccp? also any suggestion how to approach the ethical essay questions?? i interview on the 17 of Dec. Anyone going to join me???

i'll be there!

sweet, pharmaC619, where you coming from, i am coming from cali, i just got a coat for the cold winters of chicago. I hope there are no delys i hear o'hare is notorious for that. What have you heard about the school? what is the essay like??

sweet, pharmaC619, where you coming from, i am coming from cali, i just got a coat for the cold winters of chicago. I hope there are no delys i hear o'hare is notorious for that. What have you heard about the school? what is the essay like??

check the interviews section, might be helpful :thumbup:

ill be there in the afternoon since i am traveling from the west coast, where is everyone else comming from??

For all of you that interviewed on the 13th and 14th you should be notified soon. I don't know what everyone is talking about with the interact now account changing, thats BS. :bullcrap::bullcrap: I got my letter of acceptance today and it was a small letter too! :wow: (so don't be fooled by the size) You have to go to a different website to complete the matriculation agreement. So good luck :luck: to all and see some of yalls next year. Peace

Congrats labrat-:thumbup: I'm in Texas so hopefully I will be receiving my letter soon!! :eek::D

oh ok...yeah i'm from cali, hopefully i hear something soon. Thanks

ill be there in the afternoon since i am traveling from the west coast, where is everyone else comming from??

Florida...we should get everyone goin together and grab some dinner or somethin..ill be there at 3

can more of you that got in post some interview feedback, since there is only two from this year's interview sessions.!!!

can more of you that got in post some interview feedback, since there is only two from this year's interview sessions.!!!

Interview was easy, essay was pretty straight forward. Just come looking professional, ask questions, and make sure the adcoms and the interviewers remember who you are. Make sure you know some info about the school, because they ask the whole group. If you know the answers make sure that they know that you know. Surprisingly, no one really knew anything about the school!

Interview was easy, essay was pretty straight forward. Just come looking professional, ask questions, and make sure the adcoms and the interviewers remember who you are. Make sure you know some info about the school, because they ask the whole group. If you know the answers make sure that they know that you know. Surprisingly, no one really knew anything about the school!

congrats man ...can you share your stats plzz

Cum. GPA: 3.1
Sci. GPA: 3.7

PCAT comp: 91

Bachelors biochemistry

GPA 1st 50 credits: 1.8 :barf:
Cum. GPA: 3.1
Sci. GPA: 3.7

PCAT comp: 91 (1st attempt)
Chem: 98
Bio: 85
Math: 89
Reading: 64 :(
Verbal: 74
Writing: 4 / 3

Bachelors biochemistry
10 yrs optical manufacturing experience (8yrs lab manager)
volunteered in Chicago Children's Clinics / Lions Clubs

great score...how did u prepare for the pcat ?

great score...how did u prepare for the pcat ?

I used Kaplan, wasn't that helpful (only strategies). I browsed through my gen bio book. I just took molec bio before the PCAT so alot of that stuff I didn't bother with. I focused on A&P stuff in the bio book because I had not taken A&P yet. Ended up I really didn't need it. For math, I just did Kaplan and some calculus from my book. I did up to calc II, so it was just to refresh quickly. Didn't prepare for reading or verbal (just Kaplan strategies). I rushed through those sections thinking I would be running out of time, only to find I finished those sections early....should have slowed down. Chemistry was easy since I was a biochem major, didn't study too much, just some of the ancient gen chem stuff that isn't important after you are done with gen chem. Found the PCAT to be extremely general in the chemistry department.

I used Kaplan, wasn't that helpful (only strategies). I browsed through my gen bio book. I just took molec bio before the PCAT so alot of that stuff I didn't bother with. I focused on A&P stuff in the bio book because I had not taken A&P yet. Ended up I really didn't need it. For math, I just did Kaplan and some calculus from my book. I did up to calc II, so it was just to refresh quickly. Didn't prepare for reading or verbal (just Kaplan strategies). I rushed through those sections thinking I would be running out of time, only to find I finished those sections early....should have slowed down. Chemistry was easy since I was a biochem major, didn't study too much, just some of the ancient gen chem stuff that isn't important after you are done with gen chem. Found the PCAT to be extremely general in the chemistry department.

chemistry and math is my weakest part...what do u recommend

Got my letter yesterday in the mail. Small envelope, two sheets in there. No change in interact now, but they give you a new login for a different website to complete your matriculation agreement. Anyone else from the Nov. 14th interview?

Thnx! I'm literally down the street from midwestern, about 25 miles out. :thumbup:

To all that interviewed on Nov 13 and 14, I did actually have a change in my interact now account today! So sorry for making the previous post that it was BS! I just think it is weird that I got my letter first. From what I've read on this site people usually found out on their interact now account first.

So check your interact now accounts!!!!!:luck::luck::luck:

hey labrat...so when you logged into your account....did it change right away? what does it look like? or does it change when you log in then click on application status? i'm just really psyched right now haha

Chicago, about 10 minutes from downtown. Also, my interact now has changed today =]. It's blue and white now with a bunch of other features.

Chicago, about 10 minutes from downtown. Also, my interact now has changed today =]. It's blue and white now with a bunch of other features.

like what dooberXL said, white and blue. Maybe it changes after you log into the matriculation website??

Doober, you going to CCP for sure, or are you going to wait for UIC since you are closer to the city? CCP was my first choice, so I am definitely going there! I was going to send the supplemental to UIC if Midwestern didn't work out.

Well, I'm currently attending UIC for undergrad and I don't like the atmosphere so much. Midwestern is my top choice, but price is a concern (living on campus + tuition comes out to over 40k per year by their estimates). I like Midwestern a lot more because it seems more laid back than UIC. If you compare both campuses for location and talk to the staff, you'll see where I'm coming from. But yea, right now, I'm dead set on Midwestern. If it weren't for my family and everyone at my pharmacy pushing me to UIC, I wouldn't even send in my supplemental! :thumbup:

Slightly off topic, I added CCP to pharmcas recently and pharmcas listed a mailing date of 12/10, and I simultaneously got an invite for their supplemental.

Anyone know if their system is fully automated, or did someone actually look at my application?

Or did pharmcas lie and really send my app a week ago...haha

Yayyyy~~~~ My InteractNow changed when I checked today. I'm indeed accepted!!! hahaha This feels GOOOOOOOD!!! and I'm sooooo relieved!
:hardy::hardy::biglove::biglove::banana::banana::clap::clap::love::love:

Consgrats to all of you who got accepted! and hope rest of you who are waiting will get in eventually! This admission process, especially, waiting can be horrible. Deal with your stress wisely. Keep yourself busy.

GOOD LUCK!!!

congrats notcoy....where do you happen to be from?

waitlisted too...st john fisher here i come!

yeah i got waitlisted too....man that really sucks. For those who got waitlisted...where are you guys from? This school is my first choice out of state too.