midwestern ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who have declined the acceptance, did you call, or is there a way to decline online?

Hey there,

I got accepted but will not be rejecting the offer. However, I know that you can decline their offer online through the website: online.midwestern.edu

Then, scroll down to the bottom and click "decline the offer and withdraw my application."

Members don't see this ad.

wuttupppp payal! i hate you. hahaha. jk. congrats on your acceptance! i'm on the waitlist for now sooooooo cross your fingers for me! have you decided to go there for sure? :thumbup:

I was debating for a bit, whether I wanted to stay in Cali or not but I wanted to go to school in Chicago for a long while so I ultimately picked it!

I hope you get in, it'll be really awesome to see you there!:)

I was debating for a bit, whether I wanted to stay in Cali or not but I wanted to go to school in Chicago for a long while so I ultimately picked it!

I hope you get in, it'll be really awesome to see you there!:)

hahaha i hope so too. i'm super happy for you thought. i just got waitlisted for western...ughhhh...being waitlisted is freakin annoying. haha. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
i Was Debating For A Bit, Whether I Wanted To Stay In Cali Or Not But I Wanted To Go To School In Chicago For A Long While So I Ultimately Picked It!

I Hope You Get In, It'll Be Really Awesome To See You There!:)

I'm In! =)

hey whoopya just wondering what ur stats were and how u found out you were pulled from the waitlist. Thanks

heyyy thanks guys. to be honest i dont really remember my stats all that much. i believe my cum gpa was around a 3.2...i think science was a 3.0. for the pcats...i didn't do too hot but after the third time i was able to get all my scores in the 80s.

dont lose hope. there's still a chance. i was actually giving up and was ready to reapply...but then i got a phone call then the email. it was the best day ever! i got so drunk last night celebrating...haha.

here's a hint...keep bugging them. the more you bug them, the more they are likely to pull u off the list because of your continuing interest. :luck:

has anyone else on the waitlist heard anything yet?

I am in the same situation as you are! I am waiting too... but a little less stressed though as I got in somewhere else! Good Luck with waiting... would love to get in to MIdwestern though!

Everyone who got accepted to downers grove, what was your stats?
Also, does anyone know the average stats for the school?

Hi everyone. I was on the waitlist and just got pulled off from it right now. Still debating whether i should go. I have already made all the preparation to go to UMKC Pharmacy School. Good luck to everyone else!

hey Pharm517 just wondering what your stats were? Thanks and congratulations

My stats are:

undergrad GPA: 2.75 (w/o anatomy, Physci, microbio grades, which i got As)
afterwards: redid ALL of Ochem, Gchem, and Bio at a community college and got all A.
pharmacy work experience: Hospital experience for 6 months, retail clerk for 1 year, as a technician for 1 year.

If you have a low GPA dont give up, just retake your classes and be honest to them why you messed up. It happens to everyone, but show them u're willing to change.

I applied to 15 schools, got 5 interviews, waitlist on 2 and accepted to 3

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got pulled this morning and now i'm in........

Hey Pointbreak congratz on getting in just wondering what your stats were and when you interviewed? Thanks

At the time of my interview, my stats were:

GPA: 2.8 something
PCAT: 79 composite

As of right now, my cumm gpa is probably a 2.9 or something.

This is a message to never give up hope. Ive been on the waiting list since November and just got pulled on Friday. Good luck to you all! :D

Thanks Pharmgurl and congratz it's really hard waiting and I can only imagine how good you feel...I've been on the list since december...but just wondering what your stats were and whether you are in-state...It's seems as though most of the kids being pulled are comin from Cali...Thanks

Thanks PharmD86! Yes it was really hard to be on the wait list for so long but I just tried to keep thinking positive and had to hope that I would eventually get in. I live in Illinois about 30 minutes away from the campus so Im excited about that. Here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 84 (although the first time I took it I got a 63)
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years in November
PTCB Certified Technician

I wish you the best of luck getting in. It seems like theyve been pulling several people lately so hopefully you wont have to wait much longer! :)

Thanks PharmD86! Yes it was really hard to be on the wait list for so long but I just tried to keep thinking positive and had to hope that I would eventually get in. I live in Illinois about 30 minutes away from the campus so Im excited about that. Here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 84 (although the first time I took it I got a 63)
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years in November
PTCB Certified Technician

I wish you the best of luck getting in. It seems like theyve been pulling several people lately so hopefully you wont have to wait much longer! :)

Wow, you got waitlisted with those stats? I also interviewed in November with pretty similar stats. I find the ADCOM's requirements for admissions are hard to decipher because someone with far worse stats than you got in during the January interviews.

Wow, you got waitlisted with those stats? I also interviewed in November with pretty similar stats. I find the ADCOM's requirements for admissions are hard to decipher because someone with far worse stats than you got in during the January interviews.

I was waitlisted with nearly perfect stats. Midwestern seems to favor practical pharmacy experience and a good interview much more than academics. I have minimal pharmacy experience (did research instead) and my interview was less than perfect. After about three months, though, MWU did accept me.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard anything lately?

I was waitlisted with nearly perfect stats. Midwestern seems to favor practical pharmacy experience and a good interview much more than academics. I have minimal pharmacy experience (did research instead) and my interview was less than perfect. After about three months, though, MWU did accept me.

I had no pharmacy experience (only research) and was accepted right away. I interviewed in November, accepted in December. My stats are good, too. 97 PCAT and 3.6 GPA, BS in Bio. Though I thought I did a good job in the interview...

hey there, sorry to bring up this slightly old thread - but i was wondering, do you need a valid pharmtech license to be admitted to midwestern CCP?

on their webpage they list the requirement "submit pharmtech license", so i was just wondering. i recently found out UIC requires a pharmtech license as well..so i scratched it off my list.

ohh i see! so its not that you have to complete the lengthy pharmtech course and get certified..lol. you just have to have a license for the experiential part of the pharmD curriculum? how exactly do you obtain that/which link on that page would apply to a student who is hypothetically admitted to the 2009 program?

ah that must've been what they meant for UIC as well. yikes..thanks so much haha

Its essentially just a $40 fee, and they send you a license. You're not "certified" until later. But the license is all that is necessary to begin working as a pharm tech in Illinois.