midwestern ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, pharmacy ey. I'm from Irvine, CA. I think I talked to you on the interview day!

why yes, I remember someone from Irvine. ;) so will you be attending CCP or another school?

Members don't see this ad.

Enjoy the weather while you can. The spring and fall are nice here. The summer is too hot and humid....the winter is long and it SUCKS.

ahh, I got a taste of it on the interview day. It was soo cold! :scared:

congrats to everyone accepted! cant wait to meet you all! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I just wanted a clarification about the MCV invitation. Is MCV the same as interview invite to MWU? because I was reading the description at pharmcas, and they have both the MCV and the interview stated as required for selected applicants! Can someone clarify this for me please... I am kinda :scared:

Appreciate your help!:D

Does anyone know about the oncampus housing available at ccp? i am moving with my boyfriend, and the apartments look kinda small...500 sq. feet. but id move there if they were super cheap. anyone know what they are like/how much housing is there??

thanks, just thinking about moving gives me a headache!!

Hi all, I just wanted a clarification about the MCV invitation. Is MCV the same as interview invite to MWU? because I was reading the description at pharmcas, and they have both the MCV and the interview stated as required for selected applicants! Can someone clarify this for me please... I am kinda :scared:

Appreciate your help!:D

hey,
mandatory canidate visist=interview, they dont call it an interview because you interviewed with other applicants at the same table. good luck, reember to think professional.

:thumbup:

I wouldn't. They are very small and dated. You can find a much larger and nicer apartment within 5 minutes of campus for the same price. Driving to school is not too bad, I actually kinda like the feeling of going home to get away from things at school after awhile :p

Does anyone know about the oncampus housing available at ccp? i am moving with my boyfriend, and the apartments look kinda small...500 sq. feet. but id move there if they were super cheap. anyone know what they are like/how much housing is there??

hey,
mandatory canidate visist=interview, they dont call it an interview because you interviewed with other applicants at the same table. good luck, reember to think professional.

:thumbup:

thanks djEllisDee for clarifying that!

I don't think that your bf would be able to live with you in campus housing anyway. I wanna say I heard someone ask that question when we got a tour of the campus. The answer was that only students can live in campus housing.

I believe that spouses/children are only allowed to live in the pines apartmets, but like I said I wouldn't recommend it because it is very similar to dorm life.

I don't think that your bf would be able to live with you in campus housing anyway. I wanna say I heard someone ask that question when we got a tour of the campus. The answer was that only students can live in campus housing.

Hey all, I just wanted to know if there is a waiting area for parents during the time we there for the interview? I just wanted to know, as my parents are going to drop me off on that day!

Thanks for the help!

Hey all, I just wanted to know if there is a waiting area for parents during the time we there for the interview? I just wanted to know, as my parents are going to drop me off on that day!

Thanks for the help!

Tell them that thy can go to Oak Brook Mall. It is about a mile away and has many nice stores and restaurants.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm so nervous tooooo! where are you from? i'm flying out from LA. there's gonna be an extreme weather change to adjust to. haha.

Hey! I think you were in my group from what I can see in the picture. I was completely nervous in the interview but I think I came out alright. When do you think we'll start hearing from them?

Anyone here going to CCP for an interview on March 14th?

I got an interview on the 6th of March. I heard from other forums dating back on the 30th of January that 80/110 seats were already filled. Is it already to late to get seats? I think I might be wait listed at this point. :(

anyone from the south side of chicago thats looking to carpool?

I got an interview on the 6th of March. I heard from other forums dating back on the 30th of January that 80/110 seats were already filled. Is it already to late to get seats? I think I might be wait listed at this point. :(

The class size at CCP is 200

Hey! I think you were in my group from what I can see in the picture. I was completely nervous in the interview but I think I came out alright. When do you think we'll start hearing from them?

heyyyy PB920...it's been 3 weeks to date... have you heard anything from them yet?! i'm getting so anxious. what's your name? our group was a really chill group. :p

Anyone going for the april 2nd interview.

has anyone that interviewed in late february heard anything from ccp?

Does anyone know if CCP gives preference to Illinois residents? I ask because the tuition is lower for residents according to their website. Curious.

has anyone heard back from the Feb 20th interview yet? ughhh i hate the waiting game. it's getting freakin frustrating. :scared:

Hey all, for those who interviewed on March 10 and the week , how are you all preparing to to receive the letter coming up next week? I am really anxious about what will happen? How did all your interviews go?

hey i interviewed february 22nd and got my acceptance letter today :hardy: Had to decline my maryland acceptance though, hope i made the right choice :confused:

hey i interviewed february 22nd and got my acceptance letter today :hardy: Had to decline my maryland acceptance though, hope i made the right choice :confused:

i also interviewed on feb 22 and received an acceptance letter today. not sure yet if that's where i'll be in the fall though!

just got a letter from midwestern....alternate list. boo. i interviewed on the 20th of february. :(

don't be too discouraged... most people on the alternate list tend to be accepted due to the fact that a lot of people drop out... just wait it out...

Is anyone actually rejected after an interview?

I just got my waitlist notice today too, I interviewed on Feb 16th. It said that its not ranked, does that mean that people are pulled off randomly? Im not feeling too optimistic at this point

I just got my waitlist notice today too, I interviewed on Feb 16th. It said that its not ranked, does that mean that people are pulled off randomly? Im not feeling too optimistic at this point

i don't think they pull people off randomly. from what i hear, since it's not numbered, is that once a spot opens up, they will pull files of everyone who is on the alternate list and review them. they will then make a decision from there.

probably not... however, I actually did read of one instance where someone was rejected after interview... but not sure how true that story is...

thanks for the boost...but now...i'm just feelin like whatever goes...goes. if it's meant to be, it'll be. right now there's not much we can do...sooo just hope for the best and expect the worst.

Reading all your replies, makes me nervous:scared:! I wonder what's in store for me....I am crossing my fingers and waiting... getting anxious by the day. I really want to go to this school because I love since I have seen it during the interview. Well how where you all notified regarding your specific responses... do they call if you get accepted? or was it an e-mail?

Cross my fingers!

Does anyone interviewed on 3/14 got any letters?

Reading all your replies, makes me nervous:scared:! I wonder what's in store for me....I am crossing my fingers and waiting... getting anxious by the day. I really want to go to this school because I love since I have seen it during the interview. Well how where you all notified regarding your specific responses... do they call if you get accepted? or was it an e-mail?

Cross my fingers!

Sometimes they call but if anything expect a small envelope in the mailbox with either an acceptance or alternate list written on it... Hope for the first one of course... :thumbup:

Interviewed on 3/12 - haven't heard anything yet. I heard not to expect anything until 1st or 2nd week of April.

yeah I interviewed on 3/10 and as Pharm2316 said, we won't know till the first or the second week of april!

Good luck and have faith!

Sometimes they call but if anything expect a small envelope in the mailbox with either an acceptance or alternate list written on it... Hope for the first one of course... :thumbup:

thanks for helping as always, hello18! I really hope its the first one... only time will tell!

What is the best way to prepare for the interview at CPG? Are the questions, and the essay all based on scenarios that you may or may not have experienced? I know a kid who asked him what was the last book he read. Is that really a question they would ask? What are they looking for there?

What is the best way to prepare for the interview at CPG? Are the questions, and the essay all based on scenarios that you may or may not have experienced? I know a kid who asked him what was the last book he read. Is that really a question they would ask? What are they looking for there?

Review the interview feedback section... that really helped me.... essay is not really an essay, it's just a few questions regarding how your day went... as for the person who got "what was the last book he read?" I really wouldn't worry about it, they mostly ask the generic questions... but of course you should have all bases covered... Good luck...

Interviewed on Feb 20 and got my acceptance letter today :thumbup:. I personally thought the group interview thing wasn't for me. I could have done better if I was alone. I thought I did the worst out of the 5 interviewees that were in their along with me, but I guess I didn't do as bad as I thougt I did. So for what it's worth....don't try to guess your performance as compared to the other members in your group interview. So now I have a decision to make...I got into Ohio State as well...now which one to choose..any suggestions would be appreciated. Best of luck to all.

Interviewed on Feb 20 and got my acceptance letter today :thumbup:. I personally thought the group interview thing wasn't for me. I could have done better if I was alone. I thought I did the worst out of the 5 interviewees that were in their along with me, but I guess I didn't do as bad as I thougt I did. So for what it's worth....don't try to guess your performance as compared to the other members in your group interview. So now I have a decision to make...I got into Ohio State as well...now which one to choose..any suggestions would be appreciated. Best of luck to all.

Congrats on getting in:hardy:!!!! Good luck with making your choice!:thumbup:

Ohio State...soooo i can take your spot (i'm on the alternate list). hahaha JK! but honestly, pick the school based on what your heart feels is best. nothing is worst than attending a school where you feel uncomfortable. you'll be regretting it till you're out...if you make it out. CONGRATS! :)

I interviewed on 3/14 and I haven't heard anything as well. I hate the wait!

we are all in the same boat! I interviewed on 3/10, and getting anxious by the day!!! how are you all dealing with your anxiousness... I am trying to find my reactions when I will find the letter in my mailbox.... so accepted I will running around the house, screaming, jumping.. and screaming " I got accpeted"... I think I'll be a kid that day... but if the "alternate list comes then I guess I will be a bit dissapointed and I will just wait till my acceptance arrives ( if it comes that is)....