midwestern ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liverpoolsoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
to all applicants that have already gone through the interview. i know that we have to write a essay can any body inform me as to what lines the essay prompt might be about.

Members don't see this ad.

to all applicants that have already gone through the interview. i know that we have to write a essay can any body inform me as to what lines the essay prompt might be about.

And also PLEASE provide any details about the interview. How is it conducted? how do they ask the questions? In turns? What questions for interview and essay? Any details will be appreciated.
thanks

i'll write real quick and get to studying, i'll check this back on sat. anyhow for me it really sucked as i was the least qualifed person in my interview group. i was 21 and almost everyone was 25,26,27 with buisness degrees and like 7 years expirence. i was making up answers as i went since most were towards the majority which were the people that worked as a pharm tech, my group had i think around 8 people and you guess it all 8 were pharm tech with graduate (not undergraduate) degrees so i felt pretty dumb as i am still working on my degree, but anyhow i guess i am still you. All of them were first applicatnts except one person who applied 3 times and keep getting dneied. now the questions arent hard to answer but they want like a scenario that happend to you. in the end i really wanted to say i am not an intersting person but nah. Questions were like tell us about a scenario in which blah blah blah, what qualified you as being a pharmacitst. what is ur obligation, how should you treat pateins, tell us about something that happend to you, tell us a scenario in why you were in a group project and one of the members didnt do anything(really didnt know how to asnwer, i dont take classes with projects but didnt want to state that so i made up on the spot). i used this to just get the feel of the interview i didnt even know it was a professional only school till somone told me. Also be prepared for the why midwestern and dont be ******ed like me and asnwer cause i live close to it and i get instate, talk about how its dedicated to 2 professional fields and stuff. I am not going to go there anyways, just wanted to get a feel of how i would do and what to expect etc... didnt prepare much, o ya and keep noding like you know what they are talking about.

edit: o ya try to sit in the middle during the interview, i made a stupid move and i guess we were seated alphabetically so i was always answering the questions first and everyone would just say ya and... so i was really destroyed. o ya and it really expensieve $50,000 dollas and they will notify you within i think 4 weeks of ur interview and you must place a nonrefundable reserve seat which is $1000 within 2 weeks of acceptance :eek:

sorry for spellin mistakes, its like 3AM and i have an exam and want to sleep. feel free to PM

o ya and i hope the Midwestern commite doesnt read this board as i think i left the most horrible impression and i bet they still remember me and can pick me out and i dont want to get denied, i want to deny them hahah back to studying :)

Members don't see this ad :)
THanks you soo much for your feedback. What did you mean by: 'talk about how its dedicated to 2 professional fields and stuff." ?

THanks you soo much for your feedback. What did you mean by: 'talk about how its dedicated to 2 professional fields and stuff." ?

well most people were saying how they liked the school cause it was private(small classes) and geared to only professional field, the only thing they teach is pharmacy and DO, so that is where people are coming from.

well most people were saying how they liked the school cause it was private(small classes) and geared to only professional field, the only thing they teach is pharmacy and DO, so that is where people are coming from.

thanks for the feedback =)

but wow i thought the 3-on-3 at MWU CPG is sucky enough...this panel interview business really sucks...!!

I am sorry, What is DO?
Aren't they more of a hands on school? since their 3 and 4th years are based on rotations?
What was the essay topic?

I just had my CCP mandatory campus visit two weeks ago to the day. For those of you who have interviews scheduled in the coming weeks, RELAX. It really isn't that bad. Your day goes something like this. You go there and check in, they give you a folder with some papers in it, one of which lists any incomplete pre-reqs that you have. I interviewed with the first group of the year and there were about 25 to 30 applicants. After they do an introduction they split you into six groups of 5 or 6 people. Half the groups do the interview first and the other half do the writing exercise first. Then you switch. Our interviews were done with 2 interviewers (Assistant Deans or Assistant Professors). You do the interview in your groups. Remember that they haven't done interviews at CCP in years so most of your interviewers are new to the process. Some of the questions we got were:

What is a challenge the profession is facing now and will face in the future? Explain a situation in your life where you had to make a difficult decision. What are some of your hobbies?

All the applicants in my group were presently employed in a community pharmacy. The interviewers have two pages of sample questions that they can ask you from.

The essay portion is nothing. They just want to see you coherently communicate your ideas. Thats all. So don't worry about writing a perfect essay. Its similar to the essay portion on the PCAT. After that there are some presentations by Student Financial Services and Student Services followed by a campus tour and lunch.

Its a long post but I hope its helpful to all those that will interview. Good luck!

thanks for this info! did you find it difficult answering questions in a group interview..with other people answering same questions before you? about how many questions did each person have to answer? thanks!

It wasn't difficult. You can kind of feed your ideas from what other people say and you can observe the reaction of the interviewer to each person's response and adjust accordingly. The only downside is that you don't get as much time to elaborate on your answers because 5 other people are waiting. Its not all that bad. If my memory serves me correctly, we answered about 5 or 6 questions. We didn't answer the questions in any particular order so basically whoever wants to answer first can. I think it can be very beneficial to be one of the first few to answer so that you don't end up repeating what someone else said. Plus it just looks better in the eyes of the interviewer.

I got a letter from them yesterday saying they've put my applicaion for a potential future interview. So pretty much I think it means a HOLD or wait..for an interview maybe?? Not sure, any one else got this?

Has anyone been accepted yet for Fall 2008?

i made an 85 on my pcat but had low verbal and reading scores...do u guys think i have a chance of getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi RxManIL , thanks for your input. I have one more question, for the interview portion, how long did it last and how many questions were given?
Thanks so much:)

Hi RxManIL , thanks for your input. I have one more question, for the interview portion, how long did it last and how many questions were given?
Thanks so much:)

The whole process lasted from 830 am to 1230 pm and if you get the tour it'll take a bit longer. They allot about 1 hour for the group interview. The number of questions will probably vary depending on time and the how long it takes the group to answer each question. My group only got about 5. Other groups got through one or two more.

Has anyone heard back from CCP after interviewing? I'm waiting and its driving me absolutely nuts!

Nope, I'm still waiting to hear back from the Oct. 15th interview. I live about 15 minutes from campus, so I should get a response a day after they send it...i'll let you guys know when it gets here!

So from what I have read in a few other threads, I found out that many people who applied to CPG found about their admission status through their Interact Now accounts. Has anyone seen any changes to their CCP Interact Now accounts? For those of you who found out through Interact Now, did you simply click on the 'Application Status' link?

i haven't seen a change, and i do check every day (because of those lucky at cpg). Let me know if you see a change! Today was the three week mark...which they said they would meet by. so hopefully sometime this week!

I just called the CCP admission office and the lady told me that the letters will be mailed out either today or tomorrow for those who interviewed on October 15th. Good Luck to all!

I just called the CCP admission office and the lady told me that the letters will be mailed out either today or tomorrow for those who interviewed on October 15th. Good Luck to all!

ooh thanks for the info! I've been checking the mail everyday looking for it!

I just got the email right at this moment. It just tells you who to meet, where to meet, what to bring, transportation, etc.

I just got the email right at this moment. It just tells you who to meet, where to meet, what to bring, transportation, etc.
so does it say you are accepted or not?:rolleyes:

so does it say you are accepted or not?:rolleyes:

I think he's talking about the interview invite email. They said at the interview that they only send acceptance letters through the mail.

A friend of a friend has recieved news of their acceptance. Haven't had the chance to ask how they found out (official letter or call to the admissions office). Has anyone else heard anything back from the first interview yet?

I interviewed at Midwestern CPG and got waitlisted. Everyone who was accepted at CPG recieved their acceptance letters well before I recieved my waitlist letter. So I'm hoping that my friend's friend did not recieve an official letter because if I were accepted, I would have recieved news also and if she did recieve an official letter it just means I wasn't accepted!!!!

It just makes sense that they would send all the acceptance letters at the same time and send them earlier than any other letter to complete the matriculation agreement (get the $$$). Also, those not accepted would just be nobodies to the school and there would be no rush to send out the other letters...

they mailed the letters today or yesterday according to a previous post, so unless your friend called to get their status (which they usually don't do over the phone except for extreme cases, like those affected by the evacuations in california) i have no idea how they would have heard. weird. i'm wishing everybody luck, i met a lot of great candidates there! i'll be running to my mailbox for the next few days!

I got in!!!!! Check your interact now account!!!!!!!

ahhh it wont let me log into my interact account!
guess I'll have to wait for the mail to come...
Congrats on your acceptance!

My Interact Now Account changed too! But I'll feel so much better when i see the official letter..

Congrats to all of you accepted!!!
I have an interview on the 13th.
Could you guys please post your interview feedback?
Since they changed the interview process this year, I'm not sure what to expect.
How's the weather in Chicago? Cold?

Wow Strong Armz: When you log onto the Interact Now account a Pop-Up appears saying congratulations and all this other stuff. The page is mainly white rather than the blue and orange. Also, there are different navigational icons, such as the Team room and ACCEPTED Student Checklist. On the checklist it tells you where to complete the matriculation agreement.

NotCoy: Weather is cold...30-50°. Interviews were broken down into little groups. Pretty much 6 students and 2 Interviewers. When not being interviewed we completed the writing portion. Campus is great, people are friendly, and the day ends with a buffet lunch. I had three plates and took a bunch of cookies and a bottle of juice to go.

Wow Strong Armz: When you log onto the Interact Now account a Pop-Up appears saying congratulations and all this other stuff. The page is mainly white rather than the blue and orange. Also, there are different navigational icons, such as the Team room and ACCEPTED Student Checklist. On the checklist it tells you where to complete the matriculation agreement.

NotCoy: Weather is cold...30-50°. Interviews were broken down into little groups. Pretty much 6 students and 2 Interviewers. When not being interviewed we completed the writing portion. Campus is great, people are friendly, and the day ends with a buffet lunch. I had three plates and took a bunch of cookies and a bottle of juice to go.

umm ya i guess im not getting any of that, im guessin i got the rejection o well:oops:

yes!!!!!!!!!i am accepted. congrats to everyone who got accept and hopefully others are on waitlist at least. Don't ever give up.:)

for some reason I cant log onto my interact account. It says my email address is not recognized...which is weird b/c i've definitely been onto interact before. hmmm...anyone else have this problem?

fiorio, APPLY, lgs77.......Did any of you apply to the glendale campus as well? I am just curious, because I applied to both campuses and my interact now account has not changed. I am just holding out hope that this is the reason..

Would anyone mind posting stats? I have an interview Wednesday-I think my stats are good enough...

my stats should make you feel pretty good.

I am a reapplicant (made it to the interview two years ago, got accepted off the waitlist but didn't finish the prereqs in time).
I will graduate May 08 with a B.S. in Health Sciences
Science gpa of 2.86 (this includes 3 d+'s that were repeated, the final grades in all sciences courses are A's and B's)
non science 3.57
pharmcas overall 3.21
best overall pcat is an 83, looking individually between two tests i have all scores above 80

So basically, not super competitive, i just applied REALLY early and did really well during the interview. Hope that makes you feel better!! Congrats to all my classmates, and good luck to all those waitlisted!!!

my stats should make you feel pretty good.

I am a reapplicant (made it to the interview two years ago, got accepted off the waitlist but didn't finish the prereqs in time).
I will graduate May 08 with a B.S. in Health Sciences
Science gpa of 2.86 (this includes 3 d+'s that were repeated, the final grades in all sciences courses are A's and B's)
non science 3.57
pharmcas overall 3.21
best overall pcat is an 83, looking individually between two tests i have all scores above 80

So basically, not super competitive, i just applied REALLY early and did really well during the interview. Hope that makes you feel better!! Congrats to all my classmates, and good luck to all those waitlisted!!!

did you apply to glendale?

nope, i only applied to eastern schools! no further west than illinois.

I'm IN!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

For those of you who can't log in to your interact now accounts, call the admissions office. I called them on tuesday and the lady told me of my acceptance over the phone. So give that a shot tomorrow. I've been holding back from celebrating until I got the actual letter (just in case the lady made a mistake) but I guess now that the interact now account shows my acceptance, its time to party!

Good luck to all future applicants and interviewees. Hope to see some of you next fall!

I applied/interviewed at Glendale and was waitlisted. My Interact Now Account never changed when they placed me on the waitlist. I figure they would change all the accepted students accounts at the same time; So if your account has not changed, hopefully you were placed on the waitlist.

Lgs77's stats make mine look bad. So I'll wait to post my stats once I've paid the matriculation agreement.

RxmanIL, would you share your stats?

i didn't apply glendale, too far away from indiana.

Would anyone mind posting stats? I have an interview Wednesday-I think my stats are good enough...

GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.85
PCAT: 93
Pharmacy tech experience more than 1 year
various volunteer extracuricular activities.
:laugh:

Wow those are great. I have a 3.5 cum and science and a 97 PCAT. I have research experience but no pharmacy experience/little volunteer experience. I am worried that is going to hurt me.

Do the interviewers ask about volunteer/pharmacy experience?

Well after looking at my stats and knowing that I got in, you should all be very encouraged.

Overall GPA: 2.9
Science GPA: 2.75
PCAT: 92 (95 in chemistry)
Over four years of tech experience
Solid references from professors and manager
BS in Biology (double majored in bio and psychology along with a chem minor)

The most beneficial aspect must be the early application submission. I interviewed with the first group of the year.

Good luck and keep your heads up. This was my second year applying and I applied to 11 schools, only to get into my first choice and first interview. If its meant to happen it will, everyone has worked real hard to be in this position. Just cross your fingers and let the chips fall where they may!

Wow those are great. I have a 3.5 cum and science and a 97 PCAT. I have research experience but no pharmacy experience/little volunteer experience. I am worried that is going to hurt me.

Do the interviewers ask about volunteer/pharmacy experience?

They may or may not directly ask a question referencing your pharmacy experience but it will definitely be beneficial to have some experience to fall back on.

A friend of a friend has recieved news of their acceptance. Haven't had the chance to ask how they found out (official letter or call to the admissions office). Has anyone else heard anything back from the first interview yet?

I interviewed at Midwestern CPG and got waitlisted. Everyone who was accepted at CPG recieved their acceptance letters well before I recieved my waitlist letter. So I'm hoping that my friend's friend did not recieve an official letter because if I were accepted, I would have recieved news also and if she did recieve an official letter it just means I wasn't accepted!!!!

It just makes sense that they would send all the acceptance letters at the same time and send them earlier than any other letter to complete the matriculation agreement (get the $$$). Also, those not accepted would just be nobodies to the school and there would be no rush to send out the other letters...

i also got waitlisted from CPG. it wasn't a top school but i was still bummed! :(