Midwestern CCP Fall 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

immortaleve

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone else applies to MWU CCP for early decision or regular?

Members don't see this ad.

received my invitation to interview today! My interview will be on Sept 26.

How long ago did you apply? I just applied for early decision Tuesday. They finished the verification step Thursday. Now I assume I have to wait to hear from Midwestern. So nervous.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How long ago did you apply? I just applied for early decision Tuesday. They finished the verification step Thursday. Now I assume I have to wait to hear from Midwestern. So nervous.

I submitted on 8/15, but I was still missing an LOR and my PCAT score those were recieved on 8/20, on 8/23 my application was verified and then i received an email from Midwestern that my application was received 8/24, and then like a few hours later another one saying my application was complete. Then on 8/31, i received the invitation to schedule my interview. So the interview date available was 9/26 =) hope this helps.

I submitted on 8/15, but I was still missing an LOR and my PCAT score those were recieved on 8/20, on 8/23 my application was verified and then i received an email from Midwestern that my application was received 8/24, and then like a few hours later another one saying my application was complete. Then on 8/31, i received the invitation to schedule my interview. So the interview date available was 9/26 =) hope this helps.

With the holiday weekend... I hope to hear either end of the week or the following week. The sooner the better. I’ve been checking my email like crazy since I submitted my application and I’m so nervous. Do you mind me asking your stats? Congrats on the interview. Wish you the best.

Reactions: 1 user
With the holiday weekend... I hope to hear either end of the week or the following week. The sooner the better. I’ve been checking my email like crazy since I submitted my application and I’m so nervous. Do you mind me asking your stats? Congrats on the interview. Wish you the best.

So I will be completely honest when I say I have mediocre stats, however I have a lot of experience and really good LORs I think.

I have my interview scheduled for next week (10/3) I originally submitted my app on 8/11 and was verified by 8/14

MWU acknowledged my application on 8/14
MWU had a completed application by 8/23 because pharmCAS lost my PCAT scores.
Interview invite received 9/11

Any updates on status? I’ve heard the Arizona campus received a decision before leaving the interview day

Any updates on status? I’ve heard the Arizona campus received a decision before leaving the interview day

Nothing yet. I’m hopeful that we should hear something tomorrow or beginning of next week. The interview went well pretty fluid and quick! How was yours? They told us we should expect to hear bCk by next week cu the committee was meeting the end of this week. What did they tell you?

Nothing as of yet. They didn't tell us when they're going to meet but told us we should hear back within the next week, two weeks tops. I keep refreshing my portal to see if any changes were made but nothing as of yet.
Nothing yet. I’m hopeful that we should hear something tomorrow or beginning of next week. The interview went well pretty fluid and quick! How was yours? They told us we should expect to hear bCk by next week cu the committee was meeting the end of this week. What did they tell you?

Nothing as of yet. They didn't tell us when they're going to meet but told us we should hear back within the next week, two weeks tops. I keep refreshing my portal to see if any changes were made but nothing as of yet.

Yeah same here! As soon as something updates if it does lol I’ll let you know :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back! I was accepted!! Woot woot! Hoping for the best for you too!
Congratulations!!! I haven’t heard anything back yet, so unfortunately it’s probably not good a good thing if I haven’t.

Congratulations!!! I haven’t heard anything back yet, so unfortunately it’s probably not good a good thing if I haven’t.

Don’t get too down they might have only reviewed the first groups applications. If you don’t hear anything end of this week give them a call!

Don’t get too down they might have only reviewed the first groups applications. If you don’t hear anything end of this week give them a call!
Hopefully! I know the early decision deadline is also October 19th so im praying! Do you know anyone else who has heard back?

Hopefully! I know the early decision deadline is also October 19th so im praying! Do you know anyone else who has heard back?

Actually I do not. I didn't get the contact info of anyone else that was in my group unfortunately =(

Actually I do not. I didn't get the contact info of anyone else that was in my group unfortunately =(
No worries, it’s ok. Just hoping for the best. Once again congrats!

I just got an interview, my states are 2.8 GPA and 2.6sGPA and Pcat of 64th (92th in chem) and I have 3 years of research. I think I have a solid LORs and Personal statement. What are my chances if I do well on the interview?
Thanks..

I just got an interview, my states are 2.8 GPA and 2.6sGPA and Pcat of 64th (92th in chem) and I have 3 years of research. I think I have a solid LORs and Personal statement. What are my chances if I do well on the interview?
Thanks..
I’ve known people who bombed the interview with the same stats, if not lower, and they’ve been accepted. You’ll be fine. The interview wasn’t bad, just make sure not to overshadow others but don’t hesitate too much either

I’ve known people who bombed the interview with the same stats, if not lower, and they’ve been accepted. You’ll be fine. The interview wasn’t bad, just make sure not to overshadow others but don’t hesitate too much either
Thank you very much... I am just nervous I guess. I hope I get accepted :)

My interview is on Fab 1st, Does anyone have an interview on the same day?

Is there a thread for class of 2022 (Fall 19 Cohort) accepted students?

Thanks to everyone for posting. I am interested in anybody sharing more about the school since I was granted admission into the Chicago College of Pharmacy at Midwestern University. I am currently in the midst of deciding whether I will be attending. I would very much love to be a pharmacist, however, I am hearing some bad things about the school. Has anyone else heard bad things about the school? Is it true that the school's accreditation has been discontinued (Midwestern University – Chicago College of Pharmacy – Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (acpe-accredit.org)? If the school is unaccredited when I graduate, does that mean I will not be able to sit for board examinations and therefore will not be able to practice as a pharmacist even if I graduate? Is it true that they are merging the two pharmacy campuses into one and the Chicago students will be taking their courses online? Lastly, does anyone know roughly what percentage of upcoming graduates have secured jobs (I believe that for the class of 2019, 70% of Chicago graduates were able to secure employment: Curriculum & Student Life | Doctor of Pharmacy - Midwestern University)?

Any input from anyone (especially current students) on the above questions would be greatly appreciated!!!!