Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS waitlist #11, but accepted elsewhere so I will be withdrawing

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
IS acceptance 🤩 I cried, this was my third application cycle so I am beyond excited! Congratulations to everyone else who got accepted!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS acceptance 🤩 I cried, this was my third application cycle so I am beyond excited! Congratulations to everyone else who got accepted!
CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU DESERVE IT

• Love
It was weird getting the email because it’s my 5th ish acceptance this cycle, and i went in wanting MSU so badly. But when i got it, i didn’t cry tears of joy but sadness. i don’t know i’m not sure what i’m feeling about it.

Reactions: 3 users
It was weird getting the email because it’s my 5th ish acceptance this cycle, and i went in wanting MSU so badly. But when i got it, i didn’t cry tears of joy but sadness. i don’t know i’m not sure what i’m feeling about it
It sounds like you are in shock!

I didn't even apply here but I am invested in when these OOS decisions coming out :laugh:

Reactions: 7 users
IS waitlist #41 What do you guys think about my chances of getting pulled off? Waitlisted at Mississippi State as well

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I’m hoping OOS will be on Monday!!! 🤞🏼🙃

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
IS acceptance after my 3rd application cycle You guys, I was squealing like a pig, and then immediately started crying happy tears. I had to reread the email like 5 times to make sure I was reading it right. I’m still in shock tbh. Soooo excited to spend the next 4 years with ya’ll!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS acceptance I cried, this was my third application cycle so I am beyond excited! Congratulations to everyone else who got accepted!

Me tooooo!!! So excited for you!!

• Love
Congratulations to all of you accepted so far!! If you have any questions about the program, school, etc, feel free to reach out!! ☺️

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS acceptance after my 3rd application cycle You guys, I was squealing like a pig, and then immediately started crying happy tears. I had to reread the email like 5 times to make sure I was reading it right. I’m still in shock tbh. Soooo excited to spend the next 4 years with ya’ll!!
YESSSSS girl I was waiting for you to post — I looked back on the start of the thread and here we are now! 3rd time is the charm! Cannot wait to be your classmate! 😍 so happy for you!!!!

YESSSSS girl I was waiting for you to post — I looked back on the start of the thread and here we are now! 3rd time is the charm! Cannot wait to be your classmate! so happy for you!!!!

🥹🥹🥹 Eeeek so excited for us!!

Just wondering, what is the point of having 2 separate waitlists (IS / OOS)? Is it just about the money for them? Or is there some other advantage?

Just wondering, what is the point of having 2 separate waitlists (IS / OOS)? Is it just about the money for them? Or is there some other advantage?
The class is split about 50/50 IS/OOS for spots — ~60 IS, and ~55 OOS. So they have separate waitlists until they fill their quota for IS/OOS.

(In general for public schools) IS admissions priority is usually a function of the school receiving funding from the government, who wants to prioritize their own taxpayers (also more likely to stay as part of that state's workforce).

Otherwise OOS people spend more money, and tend to be a larger/more competitive pool, so there'd be no reason not to have almost all of the class at any public vet school be OOS.

Does anyone know if any IS got rejected? I’m trying to see if all IS heard yesterday or just some people!

Does anyone know if any IS got rejected? I’m trying to see if all IS heard yesterday or just some people!
They said in the outro video if you aren’t admitted you are on the waitlist, no rejections after making it to the interview phase

Hi everyone! I’m OOS and just wanted to ask if anyone is still “in application review.” Do you think we’ll hear back soon? I’m getting nervous because the commitment deadline is approaching soon.

Also, congrats to all who have been accepted!

Hi everyone! I’m OOS and just wanted to ask if anyone is still “in application review.” Do you think we’ll hear back soon? I’m getting nervous because the commitment deadline is approaching soon.

Also, congrats to all who have been accepted!
In the same position as you. Unfortunately, I don't see it ending well for us...

They said in the outro video if you aren’t admitted you are on the waitlist, no rejections after making it to the interview phase
Thank you so much! I’m OOS and am just getting more nervous waiting to hear lol

Thank you so much! I’m OOS and am just getting more nervous waiting to hear lol

Is there a fb page started for c/o 2027??

Congrats to all those that have been accepted so far! Can't wait to meet y'all!:soexcited:🎉

I heard this too! Hopefully OOS will hear Monday, but I’m pretty confident it’ll be by Friday since some schools release a week apart. I was shocked they didn’t release along with IS like previous years, buttttttt

I heard this too! Hopefully OOS will hear Monday, but I’m pretty confident it’ll be by Friday since some schools release a week apart. I was shocked they didn’t release along with IS like previous years, buttttttt
Oh my goodness in previous years, IS and OOS were released together?! 🙃

If we are waitlisted does the school contact us about our movement on the list or do we have to contact them?

If we are waitlisted does the school contact us about our movement on the list or do we have to contact them?

They have you contact them. This was from last year
IMG_1400.jpg

have you tried to contact the school?

Not since they said they would review my application again. Do you think I should? I feel that because they haven’t offered me an interview, I’m basically rejected at this point

Not since they said they would review my application again. Do you think I should? I feel that because they haven’t offered me an interview, I’m basically rejected at this point

I don’t think it would be wrong to contact them, especially given that they just released in state decisions, but it’s totally up to you! i just find it weird they haven’t contacted you guys

I don’t think it would be wrong to contact them, especially given that they just released in state decisions, but it’s totally up to you! i just find it weird they haven’t contacted you guys
I agree that its weird... maybe they're just trying to figure out what to do? like hold a second round of interviews? Regardless, I have just sent them an email and I'll let you know what they say! Thank you for encouraging me to email them :)

I agree that its weird... maybe they're just trying to figure out what to do? like hold a second round of interviews? Regardless, I have just sent them an email and I'll let you know what they say! Thank you for encouraging me to email them :)

i hope they get back to you!