Medical Schools That Weight Graduate GPA more than Undergraduate GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Naeu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was wondering which schools will be more forgiving of an low undergraduate GPA due to illness (~3.14/Engineering) and a high graduate GPA (3.7) in their application process? (No MCAT yet)

I am drafting a list of medical schools to apply to and was wondering if there were any schools that I should look into specifically or if anyone had any suggestions

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say look at the MSAR when applying and and read through the stuff on the "selection factors" tab of each school. You could also just look schools up on their websites to find this, but it might take a really long time. What you want to look for are schools that use language like "holistic review" or "comprehensive review" meaning that they will look at more than just individual stat factors before making a decision on an applicant.

Also you might get more responses on the "what are my chances?" thread or something similar to that, but I know SDN can be confusing sometimes in finding which forums would be best to post on. Congratulations on the massive turn around with your graduate gpa! Good luck on the MCAT and with this whole process in general!

Reactions: 1 user