LSU - New Orleans vs. Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccooga

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to both school and trying to get a take off current students or others who can help compare and contrast the pros and cons of each school. I'm not focusing on location, but rather different qualities of the schools themselves that make one stand out versus the other. Just throwing ideas around, let me know what you LA guys and gals think

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to both school and trying to get a take off current students or others who can help compare and contrast the pros and cons of each school. I'm not focusing on location, but rather different qualities of the schools themselves that make one stand out versus the other. Just throwing ideas around, let me know what you LA guys and gals think

Hey. I am currently at LSU-Shreveport and I definitely love it here. I chose Shreveport because of the smaller class size (118 vs. >200 at LSU-New Orleans), the podcasted lectures, and it's northern, less distracting location. The teachers here have also been incredible and will go above and beyond to help you succeed in medical school (we have one teacher who comes to the anatomy lab on the weekends to help and identify structures and vessels). Medical school is exhausting, challenging and stressful but it's the people here that have really made this experience so wonderful and rewarding. I don't really have anything to compare it to but if I were you, I would definitely choose LSU-Shreveport.

oh god i would love to live in new orleans again

Status
Not open for further replies.