Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If all I did was put the amcas Id on accomas primary, what shows up for schools? An unofficial score or nothing, until I submit from thx mcat score site? Thanks

Schools will ask you where your MCAT score is, especially since you already put an AAMC ID in. They'll be waiting for your score.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been verified since beginning of June and still haven't received secondary yet! My marks and MCAT match their requirements. :(

Sometimes, schools are funny. Mine was verified early too, but some applicants got secondaries before me. I don't think you should worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received.:) Be patient everyone I'm sure your time is coming.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary today! Be patient, I was pretty bummed to miss the first round, but now I'm stoked!

anyone else with an AACOMAS fee waiver who left the payment section blank? My status says supplemental was received but not complete yet.

anyone else with an AACOMAS fee waiver who left the payment section blank? My status says supplemental was received but not complete yet.
You need to email them a copy of your fee waiver to apply it to your account.

Anyone else get an interview invite? Does anyone know if LECOM only interviews once a month? I saw this on the portal...

Attachments

• EAP 2015.GIF
    EAP 2015.GIF
    26.8 KB · Views: 140
I was put on the waitlist for the secondary....... I am not sure how, they said their average MCAT is 27 , and my MCAT is above that......

Said they still haven't gotten my AACOMAS but I've heard back from the majority of my schools....why are they doing this to me?!

Anyone else get an interview invite? Does anyone know if LECOM only interviews once a month? I saw this on the portal...
I got an II during their initial offering so my interview was assigned for this friday 7/17. Looking at last year's thread it seems they offer them more frequently as the cycle goes on and people get to choose a date in the portal rather than having it assigned.

I was put on the waitlist for the secondary....... I am not sure how, they said their average MCAT is 27 , and my MCAT is above that......
Did you have any red flags in your app? What's your GPA? It seems weird that you got waitlisted pre-secondary with an MCAT >27

What does that mean? What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
EAP= early assurance program. You are looking at the interview dates of their EAP program with local colleges. They will do interviews most Thursday's and Friday's as the cycle ramps up.

how do you know you're on the waitlist, you called them and asked?

Does anyone know how many applications LECOM receives, and how many interviews they offer?

Does anyone know how many applications LECOM receives, and how many interviews they offer?
I thought the US World News offered these stats in the past but I haven't been able to find them.

Can't really say, but based on previous threads, 1200-1500 interviews and they accept at least 800, perhaps 1000. Their class size is 550.

This includes all three campuses.

Your acceptance rate after an interview is pretty high. You will have to really do badly in the interview to not get in afterwards. The rate of acceptance is estimated between 60-80%. With an early interview like this, expect even higher.

Last edited:
What is the secondary prompt? Please and thank you.

I kinda wish there were secondary essays.... really makes me wonder how do they choose students for interview without a closer look. Unless they already know who they will invite after viewing the primary.
Seriously? These essay prompts are getting ridiculous. I'd much rather have some face time with them, then sit on my PC coming up with clever responses. In fact, I admire their decision to not ask for them. Makes me like them even more.

Hey guys! I'll be starting at lecom at seton hill in a few weeks here and I know I used SDN to help me thru the process last cycle while I was applying and interviewing so I thought I'd offer help to anyone who asks! Feel free to pm me questions if you have them. I don't know as much as people who will be OMSII's but I'll help where I can. Good luck to everyone applying!

Got an interview invite. 7/31 at 8 AM. I'm so pumped!

Reactions: 1 users
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know if LECOM is accepting LORs through AACOMAS? I received a secondary today and it's not clear if they do.

Edit: never mind. I found the answer.

OverlyRomantic, if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental application? And what are your stats?

for people applying to both Erie and Bradenton- do you have to wait for two separate emails to begin the supplementals? I got the Erie email, but if I click on the Bradenton tab it shows up as "2015 supplemental is closed" but it lets me fill out info...

Did anyone get this email?:

Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application.

Did anyone get this email?:

Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application.
I did.

OverlyRomantic, if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental application? And what are your stats?

He listed his stats in a previous post in another thread.
3.39 cGPA
3.14 sGPA
27 MCAT (7/11/9) -> Retake on June 19th. I know that we can receive secondaries, and hopefully my new (and higher) MCAT score will be in by the time people start reviewing the secondaries for interviews.
24 D.O. Schools
8 M.D. Schools

submitted primary yesterday, waiting for verification. Tuition is sooo enticing brah, looking into emergency medicine. does LECOM offer scholarships?

Question for anyone who has submitted a secondary this week,

Has anyone heard anything back this week, regarding interviews? I was just curious and partly because, I am anxious to get an interview invite from here, haha.

Question for anyone who has submitted a secondary this week,

Has anyone heard anything back this week, regarding interviews? I was just curious and partly because, I am anxious to get an interview invite from here, haha.
No, submitted this Monday.

I submitted Monday too, haven't heard anything yet!

On LECOM-E: Application under review
On LECOM-B: We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made.

submitted primary yesterday, waiting for verification. Tuition is sooo enticing brah, looking into emergency medicine. does LECOM offer scholarships?
Supposedly there are merit based scholarships but idk if we get them until the beginning of the second semester at lecom

Ps-Hala Madrid haha

There are some merit-based scholarships, but they don't award them until early to mid July (when they have a pretty good idea who the incoming class actually is). You are automatically considered for these once you give your deposit if you're accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally Received the Secondary App Today! Submitted both... now just to wait and hear back!

Does anyone know the approximate breakdown of students in each pathway at the Erie campus?