2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows about this: Can I apply to LECOM DO school without the MCAT and just use the Academic Index calculation number? if so, what's a good number to consider? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows about this: Can I apply to LECOM DO school without the MCAT and just use the Academic Index calculation number? if so, what's a good number to consider? Thanks

Yes you can

Secondary recieved.

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received at 4:21 AM
Secondary submitted at 6:37 AM
Selected Erie campus as my only preference

Secondary received at the crack of dawn :love:
It begins.... this is so exciting. Good luck, everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Just to confirm, there are no essays for the secondary? Just the few questions and the supplemental app fee?

Do you guys know if the sat writing score that it's asking for just means your reading and writing score (out of 800)? Or is this separate from your composite reading/writing score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give a brief overview on the different campuses (Elrima, Erie, and Seton Hall)? It seems like people are hating on Elrima but I would love to know more

Which campus provides which learning pathway? do all campuses have all 3 pathways?

Received email that my Erie secondary/supplemental has been processed and the review process has begun for my file.

Secondary received and submitted: 6/16
Processed and under review: 6/17

Anyone else who hasn’t received LECOM secondary?
That's so weird. Do you have low stats? Because I have a 502 with a 123 subsection which I was so worried would screen me even from secondaries at a lot of schools

That's so weird. Do you have low stats? Because I have a 502 with a 123 subsection which I was so worried would screen me even from secondaries at a lot of schools

503 with a 123 on CARS and a 3.84 GPA. I was verified on 6/15 though.

"Do you guys know if the sat writing score that it's asking for just means your reading and writing score (out of 800)? Or is this separate from your composite reading/writing score?"

Asking the same question cause I am confused too

Is the Fort Lauderdale campus better or Clearwater? Or equally good?

Can we give a superscore for SAT (i.e. highest math and highest reading even if it wasn't on the same test)?

This year they have in-person interview? I thought they have virtual interview for the past few years

This year they have in-person interview? I thought they have virtual interview for the past few years
It’s only virtual interviews for the 2022-2023 cycle according to Choose DO website.

do you know any one get into this school without mcat?

Should I have used my AIS (121) instead of my MCAT? According to LECOM's Entrance Requirements: "A competitive MCAT score is in the 50 percentile or higher." Mine is 51 percentile, but my SAT was 79 percentile (back in 2016).

Should I have used my AIS (121) instead of my MCAT? According to LECOM's Entrance Requirements: "A competitive MCAT score is in the 50 percentile or higher." Mine is 51 percentile, but my SAT was 79 percentile (back in 2016).
I went ahead and added my ACT score (78th percentile) on the secondary with my MCAT score (67th percentile). Hope this was an okay thing to do 🥲🥲

My application status changed. I am now under review.
Just realized the same for my Erie one. My Bradenton one still says that they received my supplemental. It makes sense since I had issues with the payment and submitted that one four days after the first one.

Just realized the same for my Erie one. My Bradenton one still says that they received my supplemental. It makes sense since I had issues with the payment and submitted that one four days after the first one.
Bradenton says the same for me even though I submitted it before Erie lol!

Low gpa and sgpa even after post-bacc. Post bacc was 3.6.. For both gpa. The cgpa 3.25 and sgpa 2.92. Had to retake mcat and score is pending but on fl was scoring 508-512. I have +1000 hours of volunteering and +1000 hours working in healthcare settings. Unique background as I grew up in refugee camp until i moved here as a senior in hs. Didn’t have formal schooling till 10/11 years old. volunteers in refugee camps every summer. So gpa in undergrad was bc of adapting to america, the education system, and working full time. Trying to decide if I should even apply here this cycle? Do i have any chances at all?..

Low gpa and sgpa even after post-bacc. Post bacc was 3.6.. For both gpa. The cgpa 3.25 and sgpa 2.92. Had to retake mcat and score is pending but on fl was scoring 508-512. I have +1000 hours of volunteering and +1000 hours working in healthcare settings. Unique background as I grew up in refugee camp until i moved here as a senior in hs. Didn’t have formal schooling till 10/11 years old. volunteers in refugee camps every summer. So gpa in undergrad was bc of adapting to america, the education system, and working full time. Trying to decide if I should even apply here this cycle? Do i have any chances at all?..
Looks pretty solid but honestly a lot depends on your mcat score

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II! (Secondary submitted 06/16)

Reactions: 3 users