Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Congratulations! I just submitted my secondary a couple of minutes ago. Hoping for a II! Let me know how your interview is.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know what their admissions office email is? thanks :)

Seriously aacomas is being outperformed by 3 overworked Texans in a tiny shack without air conditioning. But yes I got a secondary email but my Mcat scores haven't been received.

lollll

Submitted my secondary earlier!!! Just nervous if I get an early interview but better than no interview I guess?!?!?!

Just got a II. Submitted the secondary this morning. Scheduled for 7/17 at 8:00AM...

Only 8 days notice...

Reactions: 2 users
How do you figure?
Because the early applicants (like myself) had issues attaching the MCAT and more issues which I won't even get into right now. It seems like it was better to apply a tad later as the schools are having to go back and re-download the early apps to see official scores.

Reactions: 3 users
Because the early applicants (like myself) had issues attaching the MCAT and more issues which I won't even get into right now. It seems like it was better to apply a tad later as the schools are having to go back and re-download the early apps to see official scores.
I applied super early and haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood)

How do you know if you got an II? I've been getting texts for 3 days that my app is "in review", and today I got an email that it's "been processed" and to check the portal. Will an II come via email or posted in the portal?

How do you know if you got an II? I've been getting texts for 3 days that my app is "in review", and today I got an email that it's "been processed" and to check the portal. Will an II come via email or posted in the portal?

Both. If you check your application status , under "interview" it well say congratulations etc. Later, you'll get an email.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First, I got a notification through text message... Then I got an email three minutes later. It was a surprise to see it as a text. I was at lunch when I got the invite.

First, I got a notification through text message... Then I got an email three minutes later. It was a surprise to see it as a text. I was at lunch when I got the invite.
Did you get a text or email that said "processed"?

Did you get a text or email that said "processed"?

So I got a text saying thank you for submitting your secondary app about 4 hours after I submitted it, then one hour later, got two texts at the same time. One says LECOM Erie is reviewing your application and then a second one almost immediately "congratulations on your interview offer."

Nice! I hear it is very beautiful there. I put my permanent residence in NJ at my parents' address, but I am actually from Boston.

I wanted that IS status for RowanSOM lol...

has anyone else heard absolutely nothing? My primary has been verified since mid-June and I never got an email confirming they got it

yep haven't heard jack and it's bothering the hell out of me.

Reactions: 4 users
I bet you can probably guess who I am by my username once you see me...lol
Will it be that obvious lol?! You'll probably be able to guess who I am also by my username. Just picked out my interview outfit today...
Neil-Patrick-Harris-Barney-Stinson-How-I-Met-Your-Mother.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Will it be that obvious lol?! You'll probably be able to guess who I am also by my username. Just picked out my interview outfit today...
Neil-Patrick-Harris-Barney-Stinson-How-I-Met-Your-Mother.jpg

You, sir, win the internets. If I get accepted, I'll give you my spot if and only if you wear that to the interview. ;)

You, sir, win the internets. If I get accepted, I'll give you my spot if and only if you wear that to the interview. ;)
Deal! They said to showcase my personality in the interviews so this should be accepted.

Nothing here, was verified since beginning of June :(

I assume so, on my primary applications, it does say Official MCAT scores.

I would give a call and ask if they have received your application. Say something along the lines of some of your schools weren't able to download your application because of issues but I was wondering if you are able to see my application.

That way, it doesn't make you sound like a neurotic premed.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone book hotels yet? Are they still only $50 a night at Days Inn?

Anyone book hotels yet? Are they still only $50 a night at Days Inn?
I booked one of the more expensive ones. They are closer to LECOM and look like they might have a little nicer rooms. I did get the discount they mentioned in the email though.

I used priceline and got Quality Inn and Suites for $60. It was a 10 minute drive from LECOM.

You're flying in right?

has anyone else heard absolutely nothing? My primary has been verified since mid-June and I never got an email confirming they got it
Yeah I haven't received anything yet either. My AACOMAS application was verified on 06/09. I have been having issues with several school for applying early. This is frustrating.

Driving. It's only 4hrs

Oh nice, driving from Boston would take over 8 hours. I decided to fly to Cleveland and then rent a car. Flight was less than $90 round trip.

Does anyone know where to look on the portal to verify they received our LOR's?

Called today to find out why I haven't heard anything-

They said there's been some problems and not everything's downloaded yet and not to worry

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know where to look on the portal to verify they received our LOR's?

I think you go to the admissions tab, and there is a link for required letters and credits and you can see it from "View folder Items."

Haven't heard anything either. Primary verified early June.

I think you go to the admissions tab, and there is a link for required letters and credits and you can see it from "View folder Items."
That's correct. I'm short 3 credits. Looks like I need to take sociology if accepted.