Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol... My requirements tab in my folder items still has all red x's...

Lol... My requirements tab in my folder items still has all red x's...
Mine has completed 7/08/2015 next to everything even though that is the day after they offered me the interview....who knows what is going on lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do they hate us??? Haha

I wouldn't worry! Just give it some time. For those of us who interview next week....we won't be hearing from them again for another couple of months anyway (in regards to whether or not we're accepted.)

I wouldn't worry! Just give it some time. For those of us who interview next week....we won't be hearing from them again for another couple of months anyway (in regards to whether or not we're accepted.)

Based on previous year's thread, the acceptance rate for those receiving a II is pretty high for earlier interviewees. As long as none of us really screws up the interview, we should be all okay.

I hope that we all can get in so I can definitely relax early. This may be my top choice school after looking at the tuition. It's cheaper than even my IS school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Based on previous year's thread, the acceptance rate for those receiving a II is pretty high for earlier interviewees. As long as none of us really screws up the interview, we should be all okay.

I hope that we all can get in so I can definitely relax early. This may be my top choice school after looking at the tuition. It's cheaper than even my IS school.

Do we not here from them again until November? That's a long wait haha

I know! That will be a long 4 months of checking the portal three times a day to see if the decision has been posted lol

I know! That will be a long 4 months of checking the portal three times a day to see if the decision has been posted lol

If it's good news, then I guess it will be worth the wait!

If it's good news, then I guess it will be worth the wait!

So, we would be given the option of either getting our decisions early, or regular during our interview. If you choose early, you would get your decision by end of September. If regular, it would be November.

You would have 30 days to pay for the deposit in the early decision, and only 14 days if regular. The deposit would be $1500. Personally, I would choose early, because I don't like waiting, and $1500 is nothing compared to the grand scheme of things if I decide to go to another school.

Two cycles ago, they would've given you a decision about 2 weeks after your interview. Some knew of their acceptance before August. People started complaining how they had to pay $1500 that early to get a spot, so they decided to change this policy last cycle. Too bad we won't get to know that early this cycle.

Last edited:
So, we would be given the option of either getting our decisions early, or regular during our interview. If you choose early, you would get your decision by end of September. If regular, it would be November.

You would have 30 days to pay for the deposit in the early decision, and only 14 days if regular. The deposit would be $1500. Personally, I would choose early, because I don't like waiting, and $1500 is nothing compared to the grand scheme of things if I decide to go to another school.

Two cycles ago, they would've given you a decision about 2 weeks after your interview. Some knew of their acceptance before August. People started complaining how they had to pay $1500 that early to get a spot, so they decided to change this policy last cycle. Too bad we won't get to know that early this cycle.
Well, that's interesting.

I kind of dont want to know that early to be honest. I'm glad they did it. I'd rather know in November unless of course this was my first choice. Then I would want to know as early as possible.

Personally, I would choose early, because I don't like waiting...
Me too! I wish they had the 2 week decision still in play. I'd be willing to pay the $1500 to know immediately.

Members don't see this ad :)
I kind of dont want to know that early to be honest. I'm glad they did it. I'd rather know in November unless of course this was my first choice. Then I would want to know as early as possible.

If I could get an acceptance before August, it could really relieve a lot of the stress for the rest of the year. Perhaps, it would even make my interviews even better for other schools because I know I already got into one school already. At this point, LECOM is my number 2 choice besides RowanSOM. The only reason I applied to so many schools was because I don't have to worry about not getting accepted anywhere. Also, I could just give up some secondaries in schools I don't have as much interest in because of their high tuition or living costs (MSUCOM, NYIT comes to mind.) $32k/year plus cheap living expenses in PA is a HUGE benefit compared to anywhere else. Coming out of school, I would likely be $120k plus interest and cheaper living expenses less in debt than anywhere else.

The biggest risk to lose by getting in early is that you lose $1500. That's not a lot when your education is on the line.

Yea, I got one from AZCOM as mathnerd says. But not from here. Scratching my head about why though?

Yea, I got one from AZCOM as mathnerd says. But not from here. Scratching my head about why though?

Maybe it is based on location? What state are you from Gandy? I know that LECOM does favor students from around the area and the northeast.

Maybe it is based on location? What state are you from Gandy? I know that LECOM does favor students from around the area and the northeast.
Has to be. I would have thought he for sure would have received one.

Have you gotten a secondary from here yet? I still haven't. I saw earlier posts saying they should be sending more secondary's out soon, but it's been awhile.

I'd love to get an II from LECOM, especially when I compare it's tuition to AZCOM...

Well I'm from the Midwest, but I"ve had friends who live in the same city get II's from LECOM before. Yes I got a secondary from both LECOMs and turned them in.

Oh well, maybe I should just wait.

Well I'm from the Midwest, but I"ve had friends who live in the same city get II's from LECOM before. Yes I got a secondary from both LECOMs and turned them in.

Oh well, maybe I should just wait.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. If your stats are good enough for azcom, then are good enough for here. I do know they like people who can manage multiple obligations at once, like work and school, and others ec's all at once. Not saying you haven't, just my two cents.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If your stats are good enough for azcom, then are good enough for here. I do know they like people who can manage multiple obligations at once, like work and school, and others ec's all at once. Not saying you haven't, just my two cents.

Huh, the EC's are the strongest part of my application I believe. Oh well I'll just wait... I have tons of secondaries to do anyways lol

Yeah early decision might be the way to go. Especially if we have 30 days to make a decision....

Interesting, because LECOM doesn't say anything in their mission statement or elsewhere they want someone who can manage multiple obligations at once. The secondary never asked about that unlike some other schools.

That's the first I heard that. Where did you get this info?

If this is true I'm in better shape than I thought!

That's the first I heard that. Where did you get this info?

If this is true I'm in better shape than I thought!
This is info I received from my interviewer from last cycle. I had to withdraw my application after my interview due to some interesting circumstances.

This is info I received from my interviewer from last cycle. I had to withdraw my application after my interview due to some interesting circumstances.
Ok, good to know. Thanks for the info!

Just FYI for everyone, it's a really busy time at LECOM. We start in 2 weeks... AHHHH!

But to say something actually useful, 1) I'd be happy to answer questions about my experience interviewing at LECOM, 2) I'd be happy to talk with you about what it's like at LECOM once I've been there for a bit, and 3) I had a really early interview (August 8th) and was accepted September 29th. Made this whole cycle so much better knowing I had locked in a school!

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received. No DO LOR required anymore

Secondary received. No DO LOR required anymore

They should require it based on last year's thread. You just need your letters before your interview. I'll let you know when I go to my interview.

They should require it based on last year's thread. You just need your letters before your interview. I'll let you know when I go to my interview.

Well this is what I read in the pdf they sent me

Is a DO Letter required?

 LECOM no longer requires a letter from a DO. It is recommended but not required for a final decision to be made on your application post-interview.

Well this is what I read in the pdf they sent me

Is a DO Letter required?

 LECOM no longer requires a letter from a DO. It is recommended but not required for a final decision to be made on your application post-interview.

Oh yes, I see that. Still would be much better having that DO letter to get accepted than not.

Got an Email saying I'm still on hold due to AACOMAS not sending my MCAT score. I released my MCAT to them a week ago and was told it would be sent out today! So irritating :(

received and submitted, got the email confirmation about my payment.

Question; when you go back onto the portal, does it still say apply for secondary or does it say "thank you for submitting your secondary ect ect ect?" Mine still shows I can send my supplemental even though I submitted it :oops:

received and submitted, got the email confirmation about my payment.

Question; when you go back onto the portal, does it still say apply for secondary or does it say "thank you for submitting your secondary ect ect ect?" Mine still shows I can send my supplemental even though I submitted it :oops:
mine does too, I think we're fine

mine does too, I think we're fine

I can't read lolz. Their email that they sent after we submitted:

Your Admission Status portal will NOT show that your application has been received UNTIL we process it into our system. Please do not complete another application.

#oops

I kinda wish there were secondary essays.... really makes me wonder how do they choose students for interview without a closer look. Unless they already know who they will invite after viewing the primary.

Reactions: 1 users
If all I did was put the amcas Id on accomas primary, what shows up for schools? An unofficial score or nothing, until I submit from thx mcat score site? Thanks

secondary received and submitted!

I have been verified since beginning of June and still haven't received secondary yet! My marks and MCAT match their requirements. :(