Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :cat:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a current first year at LECOM-SH. I'm going to be busy with finals in the next few weeks and then busy again for a few weeks after Memorial Day, but I'll check in every once in a while and try to answer questions.

In the past, LECOM's secondary applications haven't required an essay.

Reactions: 2 users
May be a bit too early for responses but has anyone had any difficulty sending their LORs through Interfolio.

This has been the only school that the Interfolio delivery service has been unable to find and I've tried almost every possible name and abrreviation that would make sense. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been invited for an interview or received a secondary application yet? I applied in the first week of May when AACOMAS opened, but it does seem like my application has been released to LECOM yet.

May be a bit too early for responses but has anyone had any difficulty sending their LORs through Interfolio.

This has been the only school that the Interfolio delivery service has been unable to find and I've tried almost every possible name and abrreviation that would make sense. Lol.

I just typed the address manually to Interfolio instead of looking for it in their list.

I just typed the address manually to Interfolio instead of looking for it in their list.
This is my first time applying, so I am not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but other than adding our letters of rec to the aacomas app, do we need to manually send them ourselves to each school?

This is my first time applying, so I am not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but other than adding our letters of rec to the aacomas app, do we need to manually send them ourselves to each school?
You need to either have them sent electronically or snail-mail via Interfolio.

Has anyone been invited for an interview or received a secondary application yet? I applied in the first week of May when AACOMAS opened, but it does seem like my application has been released to LECOM yet.
I've been wondering the same, when were you verified?

You need to either have them sent electronically or snail-mail via Interfolio.

Got nothing! Verified mid-May... i'm curious as to if they're suffering from the new application service problems everyone else is having....

Got nothing! Verified mid-May... i'm curious as to if they're suffering from the new application service problems everyone else is having....
From what I've heard it sounds like several schools won't send secondaries until mid-July

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an email saying my primary was received. I'm hoping for an interview at least. The dress code and food policies are strict but you can't argue with 31K/year tuition.

I also got an email saying my primary was received. I'm hoping for an interview at least. The dress code and food policies are strict but you can't argue with 31K/year tuition.
What are their food policies??

Where do they list their food policies and dress code?

It's in their student handbook. There are a lot of threads about it on SDN too.

Lmao make sure you carry that attitude into medical school and residency. You're gonna go far kid.

In the time it took you to blow me off you could've just answered the question

Reactions: 4 users
Lmao make sure you carry that attitude into medical school and residency. You're gonna go far kid.
Yes, and the approach of "Instead of taking the two seconds required to type up the information I just found so that other people in my situation can benefit from my efforts I'll reply with a passive-aggressive version of "do it yourself"" is very akin to the ideal physician's attitude

wait i didn't receive anything from LECOM! anybody like me?

Reactions: 6 users
In the time it took you to blow me off you could've just answered the question

vanbennj actually asked where they were listed. so thats probably why he mentioned the handbook

everyone needs to calm down and not channel application anxiety into being short tempered

Reactions: 1 users
II for July 17th!

Reactions: 1 user
LOL wat. We haven't even gotten secondaries and this guy has an II

Reactions: 2 users
Also...which campus is this. EDIT: unless LECOM just sends a general secondary where you include your campus preferece

LOL wat. We haven't even gotten secondaries and this guy has an II

I got the invite right after I submitted my secondary (which I received this morning.) I wonder if they have an idea of who they're going to interview after primaries are received?

I got the invite right after I submitted my secondary (which I received this morning.) I wonder if they have an idea of who they're going to interview after primaries are received?
Wow, that's great!

whoa thats crazy, congrats!

I was verified on 6/12.

i was verified a month before that xD
same here. was verified early may. haven't heard anything from both LECOMs! omg are they not interested in our apps!??!?!

part of me feels like it goes against you applying this early. Those who applied later had their mcat scores attached earlier, ect.

part of me feels like it goes against you applying this early. Those who applied later had their mcat scores attached earlier, ect.

you may be correct. i hope that's the case and not that they aren't interested in our apps.

What were the secondaries prompts?

For people who got secondaries- were your letters of rec attached in AACOMAS?

I'm on mcat/hold at both campuses. My score exceeds the minimum and I've released it to AACOMAS. Anyone else with the same issue?

I'm on mcat/hold at both campuses. My score exceeds the minimum and I've released it to AACOMAS. Anyone else with the same issue?

Did you check to see if AACOMAS verified it and officially posted it into your application?

Yes its been verified and posted. This is the only school so far that has given me issues with the MCAT. Ive emailed them about.

Did you choose Erie or Setton campus?