2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
14 day portal update today! Info sesh on 1/27!!
what does this mean ? and how i can check if i have it ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
got 30 day update. don't what that means
From the consensus of the thread (and the other LECOM threads) it seems as if 14 day is A or WL while 30 day is WL or R. I am not sure if anyone has actually received an R yet tho

Letter in informed delivery today, can't wait to get that WL 🥰. Info sesh on 1/27. 14 day notice on 2/27.

Edit: Alternate list indeed

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was in the 1/27 session and also got a 14 day notice but have yet to receive anything. Any suggestions on when I should contact Elmira? Should I wait the full 14 days before a call? I would love some advice from y'all.
I'd just wait until your letter comes. Sign up for USPS informed delivery if you haven't. When did your portal change?

I'd just wait until your letter comes. Sign up for USPS informed delivery if you haven't. When did your portal change?
TBH, I didn't check till March 1st and that's when I saw it so I will wait till at least the 14th before I call.

Has anyone from the 2/3/23 info session had any updates on their portal? I dont have access to mine for some reason.

I got an acceptance email on 3/1 but have yet to receive the physical acceptance letter via mail. Am I insane for being concerned that the email may have been an accident?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance email on 3/1 but have yet to receive the physical acceptance letter via mail. Am I insane for being concerned that the email may have been an accident?
when was your informational session

I got on email this morning that I wasn’t offered an interview at the Erie campus but I already did the interview at Elmira and the info session. so does this mean a decision has been made? I unfortunately don’t have access to my portal so i’m super unsure what is going on.

BRO WHEN ARE THEY GONNA MAKE A PORTAL DECISION, I'M GETTING IMPATIENT

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone in a similar boat as me stressing?? I interviewed October 21st, 2022, and I STILL don't have an admissions decision. No A, WL, or R. It's still just sitting in limbo saying it is "under review" 😭

Anyone in a similar boat as me stressing?? I interviewed October 21st, 2022, and I STILL don't have an admissions decision. No A, WL, or R. It's still just sitting in limbo saying it is "under review" 😭
You should give em a call 😬

Anyone from 2/3 hear anything yet? This is slowly driving me insane.

Anyone from 2/3 hear anything yet? This is slowly driving me insane.
I got a rejection email from Erie campus but I also ranked Erie as my 3rd choice so that was no surprise. I have no idea when we are expecting our decisions. I was going to attend the March in-person session but now i've decided to wait until I have a letter in my hand.

I got a rejection email from Erie campus but I also ranked Erie as my 3rd choice so that was no surprise. I have no idea when we are expecting our decisions. I was going to attend the March in-person session but now i've decided to wait until I have a letter in my hand.

Ok. I ranked them second and haven’t heard from them either. I wanted to attend the in person as well but it makes no sense if I don’t have at least a waitlist.

I called them today and they told me that my decision was made last week so I should receive a letter with the decision soon. I thought USPS usually takes like 2-3 days to mail but for some reason, it's taking this long. She mentioned something about the letter needing to be signed and processed before I receive it. Has anyone from the 2/3 session received a decision from Elmira?

Portal update. Says I'll receive smtg in the mail within 14 days. Hope the WL letter looks pretty.

Interviewed 2/3.

30 days. Hoping for a WL.

2/3 session

Reactions: 1 users
1/06 Info session with Elmira, 02/28 30 day notice--> Waitlist
03/20 or 03/21 Portal change with 14 day notice
03/22 A!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
@aranjan1 , @coco_mo , @premedstudent123 I'm also on the waitlist, low gpa, high mcat, decent clinical hours. I was wondering if any of you would be comfortable sharing stats so it's a bit easier to see the trend they pull off of waitlist

I interviewed December 9, 2022 and they still have not even marked off that my letters have been reviewed. I have emailed them a couple times and the last one (from March 6th) says the letters are being reviewed by Erie and I should have a decision "soon". It is beginning to feel very disrespectful of my time and effort. Please let me know if/when you hear something and I'm sorry you're going through this but glad to know I'm not alone

Hi, for current students was the med school boot camp helpful?
I am considering it, but I was told it is going to be in-person this year, two weeks before school starts. I do not live nearby so I'm not sure if the BootCamp is worth my moving early. Also, my last day of work is in mid-June (Ik, I need all the money I can save), and would love to get some rest before then. Thanks!

Hi, for current students was the med school boot camp helpful?
I am considering it, but I was told it is going to be in-person this year, two weeks before school starts. I do not live nearby so I'm not sure if the BootCamp is worth my moving early. Also, my last day of work is in mid-June (Ik, I need all the money I can save), and would love to get some rest before then. Thanks!
Sent you a message!

Are we being evaluated at all during group interviews, or is the decision just based on application and individual interview?

How are we evaluated for group? It seems mostly like presentations?

Is anyone attending the MMS program? I interviewed in August and heard back in October, they referred me to their MMS program. Is it worth it?