Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Erie & Seton Hill are the same, if they run out of seats at one and they like you, they offer you a seat at the other. So it is like one school with 300+ seats.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm having a hard time understanding why they would not just send out e-mails to those that are getting off the waitlist.... Sending these through the mail takes too long and makes it difficult for those of us who are on the fence about re-applying/waiting for a status change. And of course, waiting too long to finish the AACOMAS/AMCAS applications definitely doesn't help someone's chances of getting in.

Is there anyone that can help me out- what's the lowest MCAT score that has been accepted?

Any word of LECOM favoring a lower GPA and higher MCAT or a lower MCAT but higher GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone that can help me out- what's the lowest MCAT score that has been accepted?

Any word of LECOM favoring a lower GPA and higher MCAT or a lower MCAT but higher GPA?
Really? That's a horrible question. Good luck trying to extract what you're looking for.

To make my post worthwhile I'll contribute: I was accepted at SH with a LizzyM: 70 and a balance attack is always the way to go.

For those of you wait listed, what do you suspect the reasons were? Was it late applications?

I didn't think I was going to apply this cycle and I applied in Feb and got an interview invite three weeks after that.
Yeah, I'm sure I probably would've still gotten an II even if I applied a couple months later, but I figured that the class was mostly full by the time I interviewed, so I guessed a waitlist decision was the best I could hope for at the time.

I am hoping so. I will let you all know when it arrives.

Any news?

For that matter, has anyone received additional correspondence of any nature?

This thread kind of halted as I gather things still are fairly silent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news?

For that matter, has anyone received additional correspondence of any nature?

This thread kind of halted as I gather things still are fairly silent.

From the Facebook group, a good amount of people have gotten off the waitlist. Seems like there are just few people from this site that made it unfortunately.

I'm on the wait list at another school and there hasn't been ANY people from SDN reporting that they got off the wait list. Very concerning.

Well seems like everyone's in the dark. I've already submitted my AACOMAS application for Fall 2017 and I suggest that anyone else on the waitlist do the same if you already haven't. Needless to say, Lecom Erie is not one of the programs I applied to this time around

have not heard anything needless to say I am reapplying. can they still accept students if people drop the first week of class? just curious

have not heard anything needless to say I am reapplying. can they still accept students if people drop the first week of class? just curious

I read from the Facebook group a few weeks ago that there was a crazy situation where one person got accepted after the first week of school, but obviously you should not bet on that happening no matter how miraculous that sounds.

Withdrew from my LECOM-SH spot! Good luck to those on the waitlist!

At least three people were accepted off the waitlist yesterday.

Well Ladies and Gents, is this the end of the road? They did say July 29th would be the last day.

If you haven't heard anything from them by now for 2015-2016 cycle, it's about 99.9999% set. Someone received the miraculous news for SH today after a withdrawal.

Thought I would ask publicly on this thread if students could PM there interview advice/insight? I am interviewing this Friday at SH and am a little nervous.

My mcat is well below average, both GPAs average, ECs average, and LORs stellar.

I've literally read some articles published in journals about PBL so I can be as informed as I can be on the topic. I think I fit it pretty well, so hopefully I showcase that I am a good fit. Again an advice is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if LECOM accepts Canadians? I tried looking on their website as well as emailing them but no response. Thanks!

Thought I would ask publicly on this thread if students could PM there interview advice/insight? I am interviewing this Friday at SH and am a little nervous.

My mcat is well below average, both GPAs average, ECs average, and LORs stellar.

I've literally read some articles published in journals about PBL so I can be as informed as I can be on the topic. I think I fit it pretty well, so hopefully I showcase that I am a good fit. Again an advice is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using SDN mobile

Theyre already doing interviews? Did you apply to all thecampuses? It's so much money so idk if I should... may I ask your stats?
And also you should just look up practice interview questions and have someone ask you them so you can be prepared.

Does anyone know if LECOM accepts Canadians? I tried looking on their website as well as emailing them but no response. Thanks!

I believe we do. One of my upper classmate is Canadian.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay during my St. John's rotation in Yonkers, New York?

Thank You

Sat on the LECOM WL for months with no news. I was just accepted to ACOM for c/o 2021. Heads up guys, it really does get better!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it true students get a 5k scholarship after first year if they have at least a 3.0 gpa?

What does this mean for those individuals who's admissions' status stayed like (your application is under review) this for like 3 months? I was just curious.