2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a phone call today from someone in admissions. I haven't called them back yet but did anyone else receive one? It was a very vague VM, basically just telling me to call them back. Do you think it could be regarding an A off the alternate list?
probably or else they would not call

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received a phone call today from someone in admissions. I haven't called them back yet but did anyone else receive one? It was a very vague VM, basically just telling me to call them back. Do you think it could be regarding an A off the alternate list?

I got one and it was asking if I was still interested in the school/wanted to be on the WL and that there was going to be movement in the next 3-6 weeks! IIRC, the committee meets every other week!

Reactions: 1 users
I got one and it was asking if I was still interested in the school/wanted to be on the WL and that there was going to be movement in the next 3-6 weeks! IIRC, the committee meets every other week!

Another 3-6 weeks? I. Am. Sad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You are on AL? I wonder if this means that they made it through the WL and are gonna start pulling from AL.

Fingers crossed for you!

I talked to admissions and they’re starting to pull off the AL now

Reactions: 4 users
wait so alternate and wl are different?? for this school?
I’m pretty sure because everyone that’s gotten off a list was WL and when I called she said she was looking at “alternates” now which I’m guessing is AL

My portal says waitlist and I have definitely not been accepted yet. We’ll never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my waitlist here soon. I don’t think I’d be happy attending this school given how bad their info session was and their curriculum. Hope one of you move up the list!

Withdrawing my waitlist here soon. I don’t think I’d be happy attending this school given how bad their info session was and their curriculum. Hope one of you move up the list!
where you going?

Why did you think the info session was bad?

where you going?
I’m not going anywhere at the moment. I’m preparing for my second application cycle (which I think will be much better).
Why did you think the info session was bad?
I just felt the Dean and students weren’t that engaging and excited to talk about the school. I just thought the Dean sold the school horribly and couldn’t really back up his statement that his curriculum was best for learning medicine. Plus it was rural and I didn’t want to be in rural school so that was my mistake when I applied. I applied based on stats.

I’m not going anywhere at the moment. I’m preparing for my second application cycle (which I think will be much better).

I just felt the Dean and students weren’t that engaging and excited to talk about the school. I just thought the Dean sold the school horribly and couldn’t really back up his statement that his curriculum was best for learning medicine. Plus it was rural and I didn’t want to be in rural school so that was my mistake when I applied. I applied based on stats.
I didn't get those vibes from them tbh. I understand the rural part though, it just isn't for everybody. I hope you'll get into a school that'll be more fitting for you

I would still just stick on the WL just in case while you reapply?

I would still just stick on the WL just in case while you reapply?
I considered that but the thought of immediately moving to a school I didn’t want to go anymore after the II would just be depressing for me lol. I’d rather reapply to the PA campus instead next time. I know I won’t have any regrets

I considered that but the thought of immediately moving to a school I didn’t want to go anymore after the II would just be depressing for me lol. I’d rather reapply to the PA campus instead next time. I know I won’t have any regrets
Honestly I feel that and commend you for that tbh

Does everyone get a call asking if they want to continue being on the Alternate List? Or is it only for the people whose applications are going to be looked at by the committee soon?? Got a call on Wednesday (5/3) and wondering if I should get my hopes up or not lol

Does everyone get a call asking if they want to continue being on the Alternate List? Or is it only for the people whose applications are going to be looked at by the committee soon?? Got a call on Wednesday (5/3) and wondering if I should get my hopes up or not lol
i didn't get one so i think its good news

just withdrew from here, good luck peeps

Hey everyone! I got an email from LECOM-Elmira on Wednesday saying I was accepted (was previously on the alternate list). They mentioned they usually only send decisions via mail but there have been mailing delays hence the email. Then yesterday I received another email from LECOM-Erie confirming the Elmira acceptance and sending some other info. Not sure if a bunch of others received similar news recently or if they are trickling out acceptances?

Hey everyone! I got an email from LECOM-Elmira on Wednesday saying I was accepted (was previously on the alternate list). They mentioned they usually only send decisions via mail but there have been mailing delays hence the email. Then yesterday I received another email from LECOM-Erie confirming the Elmira acceptance and sending some other info. Not sure if a bunch of others received similar news recently or if they are trickling out acceptances?
Congratulations. How long were you on the list? I am also on the alternate list so curious

They called me on May 3rd about my interest in being on the waitlist, but I haven't heard back from them since. I feel like this means I'm not getting off the waitlist now if they took people off from that batch of calls and I wasn't one of them. :confused:

They called me on May 3rd about my interest in being on the waitlist, but I haven't heard back from them since. I feel like this means I'm not getting off the waitlist now if they took people off from that batch of calls and I wasn't one of them. :confused:
same! But there hasn't even been an update on my portal. this is so stressful

I haven’t even got any calls asking me if I am interested still lol. So i am sure you are in a better position than me. I did call them a while ago they said their list is not ranked and they have merged WL and Alternate

Reactions: 2 users
I heard from Elmira staff that they may pull off the waitlist as late as the week before class starts.

Last edited:
I heard from Elmira staff that they may pull off the waitlist as late as the week before class starts.
Yeah i heard the same. But the fact that the list is not ranked is so messed up. We would never know what our chances are or how many people ahead of us. I accepted the alternate list in december and seems like they Pulled off someone from january. So its frustrating that after all this we don’t really know if we have a chance!

Can anyone tell me, when you get the 14 day portal update does it actually take the 14 days or does it come sooner?

Just got the 14 day portal change.

II 3/13
Info session 3/17

Portal change yesterday.

Is it too late for acceptances? Is it mainly waitlist now? Also how’s the waitlist movement looking like?

I got a call asking if I was still interested in being on the alternate list. Does anyone know if there is a difference between waitlist and alternate list? I thought they were the same thing.

I got a call asking if I was still interested in being on the alternate list. Does anyone know if there is a difference between waitlist and alternate list? I thought they were the same thing.
I think they're the same thing. I also got a call on 5/3 but never heard back, I'm hoping they're just preparing for a day of mass movement rather than just trickling out acceptances.

sorry if i'm spamming on here lol, but I got another call confirming my interest on the waitlist just now

I haven’t gotten a call asking if I was still interested in the Alternate List. Then again I did switch my preference from Seton Hill to Elmira a couple weeks ago so they I guess they know that I’m still interested. I also submitted an LOI last week. I wish we had a way of knowing how the alternate/wait list was ranked. I’m wondering if MCAT or GPA has an effect on the ranking at all.