Kirby - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jay put wolves in box. Jay find all town and make wolves mad. Mad wolves in sad box. Sorry.
and the rest is history tbh

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I’m sipping hot cocoa and prepping my next class while you solve the game tbh
this is a bit funny because your post here is motivating me to keep solving instead of going cya suckers and boot up pokemon tbh

nice, chill vibe tho

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
look at us JJJ
Two teachers
One is actually doing teacher work and sipping on some cocoa

The other is playing mafia whilst drinking alcohol

balanced, as all things should be

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 3 Yeet Tally
moon (3)
- genny 30, samac 79, mighty 17
mighty (3) - Wilgy 15, Zenge 38, moon 34
moth () -
samac () -
JJJ (1) - JJJ 90
Pippy () -

7/11
yeet close in ~7 hours

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I apparently make killer G&Ts, both my buds and my taste buds say so tbh

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
My mind procrastinated to rewrite Spin Doctors' song Two Princes into Two Teachers, but it did not really work out. Felt like I could not really paint it with my funny paint. But that's okay. Sometimes the rightest thing to do is admit that an idea isn't good and move on. That's a lesson I teach my students tbh

My mind procrastinated to rewrite Spin Doctors' song Two Princes into Two Teachers, but it did not really work out. Felt like I could not really paint it with my funny paint. But that's okay. Sometimes the rightest thing to do is admit that an idea isn't good and move on. That's a lesson I teach my students tbh
Great song tbh

• Love
this is the mandatory day to day contemplation if I might have a sling of ADHD tbh. Like a genuine contemplation. My thoughts and focus are bouncing around like a child in a balloon castle

• Care
Might want to give yourself a post count check, Boqaroo

• Care
Aaah, this is a part of your master plan, innit? Now I'mma get swamped by votes

Yeet Boq

Members don't see this ad :)
btw here is a dynamic to have in mind:
If the team is Dubz/Dina/Mighty - Dubz was completely alone at sod1 and for quite some while after that.
If the team is Dubz/Dina/Moon - Moon is the only wolf partner she can interact with.

Idk yet if thats helpful in my solve, but I believe it is a nice angle to look at when I am not over-stimulated tbh

How does wolf!Dubz like to interact with her teammates at sod1? Is she talkative with them? Does she ignore them?

DEEEEEEEEENA!

hi, how's it going?
Dubz was kinda OUT there with her reaction to Dina arriving. Me thinks she didnt care much about Moon entering the thread and there were not many posts directed to Moon. Just a few.

Which could be because they dont know each other prior, but still. Dubz has a very active conversation with several of the other players though admittedly I did not think to pay attention to how she talks to pippy and genny in early game.

I am going to relax in this game, **** post, find some woofs, and drink some coffee tbh
tumblr_mdd3jbQxJe1qgwqw9o1_500.gif

yeet mighty

afterthought, it is probably more optimal to vote someone else but me if i get hit with the post cap tbh

Other initial thoughts I have

I think I feel ok about zenge and samac so far.

I like JJJ's posts and reads but he scares me a little bit

Mighty's pop in to mention post count and disappearing is NAI to me

I rely heavily on meta to game solve so reading the new people will be lots of fun
interesting that dubz is not mentioned here
but mighty is, with the other high profilers

How does wolf!Dubz like to interact with her teammates at sod1? Is she talkative with them? Does she ignore them?
I don’t think Dubz treats her packmates any differently than other players. I’ve never seen her ignore them. She’s won the friendliest player awward in the past for good reason.

Reactions: 2 users
unyeet Boquise, yeet Mighty

it would be funnier if i went to sleep like this tho

How close to hammer are we?

Deciding if I'm gonna hit minimum or not. Gonna be alot of Lalala-ing as nothing has really changed my PoE in all I've read.

Moon/Mighty are fine. Moth is fine though I don't think it's optimal.

If not there, then Pippy.

If it's any of you other goons, I've already lost lol.

If you vote Mighty now he needs just 1 more vote to get hammered tbh

I don't like this post. I'm pretty against posts that seem villagey but don't actually contribute much to game solving.

At this point in threadstate, there were only 9 players contributing (including JJJ). This post basically says "I'll give everyone a village lean except Pippy and quiet players." However, it's dressed up in a way that seems fancier and more investigative than it truly is.

I find it hard to believe that wolves were all staying silent, and that alone tells me that JJJ's list has at least 1 wolf
I want to be fair here and say that I have seen more town have issues with too quickly formed town reads than scum, even tho i can see scum do it too

I wouldn’t kill Pippy at this point, and it’s too tempting not to make a tie, so…

Vote motheatenlysis
potentially and most likely making this a 3vs3 tie between two townies
At this time, only townies are being voted.

I see it as both town and scum points
Scum points because it just solidifies two easy town wagons.
Perhaps town points because it would be safe here to vote a wolf teammate

Someone (sorry can't remember whomst) pointed out that Pippy tends to get a lot of sus early on in recent time which is true, though it has happened when she's scum too so idk if that's a reason to mistrust the vote. Just makes me a bit uncomfy since she did just return from a lengthy hiatus.

@Zenge142 have you been wrong on Pippy before?

It was me, but tbh I don't remember the last time I played with pippy when she was wolfing

I do remember you becoming my personal champion at some point when YOU were wolfing, fwiw.
the first two quotes don't look like two wolves talking about their wolf mate

i agree that the last quote is a good look for Pippy.

Some small observations: neither dubz or dina are really interacting with Moon or Mighty. How cumbersome tbh

That good post of Mighty's that Boq just posted was followed by this from Moonster:

Not the strongest vote reasoning I've ever seen
to be fair, moon has made votes afterwards in the game solely to "make ties"
idk if thats a good look or a bad one

are you wolf reading mothy or did you just vote her to make a tie?
Even Dina called out Moon for this.
Uh.
This comes with almost zero interaction between the two of them.

Considering Moon is new here, and Dina seems to be a nice person, I don't really think she puts her new teammate on blast like this?
Like sure, it is normally read as distancing and I could be very wrong here with my conclusion. Dina did not have many posts but this is one of the things she decide to shade on. Unless I am misreading the tone and she is writing this in a sort of encouraging way.

It is kinda easier to lightly sus your teammates than town tho

I mean fair there was some more fluff but I wouldn't expect you to have zero fluff. I'm just saying if I compare you this game to stardeww vs pawwsta it reminds me more of stardeww

And it seems like that you backed down a bit from zenge and reevaluated

I'm not sure about the JJJ slip, you haven't really mentioned it again

This isn't like "omg I'm 100% reading samac village", it's a "I feel ok about samac so far"
lol this completely spews samac as town. No way two wolves decide to argue at sod over 1 wolf town leaning the other. There are more important business deals to take care of - like shading townies

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of either of the two leading yeets.

Moth feels like a n00b who had an awkward exchange that has been blown out of proportion. It seems most of the sus is driven by being overly defensive, and as a n00b myself, I've certainly made that mistake.

I did an ISO on pippy and I also don't really see a ton of evidence for wolfy behavior. Zenge staked an early claim of wolfiness, and it seems that everyone else just followed along because Zenge said so. Not super convincing. I'm not saying Zenge is intentionally setting up a misyeet, just than he isn't infallible.

In fact, this was my favorite Pippy moment so far:

The context is in regards to JJJ talking mostly about game theory and less about offering concrete wolf-solving examples. As part of this exchange, JJJ asserted that he would hold back his vote until more evidence arrives. Then, a few pages later, he chose to vote against moth based on evidence that had already existed. This felt less about game solving and more about trying to find which wagon he could stomach.
If I am generous, this is a pro town perspective. Both wagons are town and Mighty is trying to run against it. It is a sort of post I have done as town, however people tend to read me as scummy when i do it because i am TMIing the main wagons.

Which could also be a possibility here.

@Dinashadow I did actually open your spoiler on samac but I'm not seeing the degree of difference you're seeing between this game and PaWWsta.

Did you read my posts about my vote? I did have reasoning beyond just following Zenge (though that did contribute).

He didn't vote for you immediately though. Iirc he held his vote until the second irl day of the first elimination cycle, and you weren't his first vote either. Plus your wagon did already exist before he voted there, he was the third vote.

So in that way vote behavior isn't actually that different, but interesting that you're saying it is and using that as justification for a vote.

What would you expect of a village!Jay this game then?

The key point I was trying to make was last game JJJ garnered a ton of credibility due to an early bus on a fellow wolf

Therefore, if JJJ was a wolf this game, I highly doubt he would continue with a strategy to bus a fellow wolf

I was less using this as justification for a vote and more anticipating a rebuttal tied to "Well, JJJ bused last game, do you think he is bussing again?" However, since JJJ has since moved his vote, this entire line of reasoning has become much less relevant

I did, but your reasonig essentially boiled down to 2 arguments:

1. "I'll follow Zenge" - I already stated I don't love this rationale

2. "I found Pippy backing away from JJJ as sus" - I see this interpretation, but I frankly interpret it the opposite.

I'll agree that you had better justification than either Genny or the doc, but I still don't find it convincing enough to put Pippy in my PoE

Okay, not convinced you actually read my posts then, because there's a third and important point about her misrepresenting Zenge's history of reading her. And I said in that post it wasn't 100% about Zenge having a decent ability to read her, but about the attempt to discredit it.

I can see why you would interpret her flipping her read on Jay differently since you're wolf-reading him, but it's less about that and more about how that post felt. More about the [Sporty voice] tone.

Not saying you have to agree because that's whatever, but it's disingenuous to represent the wagon as entirely existing because of following Zenge.

Oh jeez, your argument is based on tone? No wonder i missed it

In all seriousness, I'll grant that you have the best rationale of the Pippy wagon, I just don't find it convincing enough for me to put Pippy in my PoE
my brain is in sleep mode
First quote shows Dubz and Dina interaction where Dubz is mildly critical of Dina.

is the Dubz/Mighty stuff w/w?

:ninja:

Sorry for disappearing yesterday. I got unexpectedly busy, plus I've recently started doing this thing called "sleep hygiene" where I don't bring my phone to bed. Wild, right? :wacky:

Anyway, I'm caught up, will try to finish the WW homework I gave myself, then I'll probably dip again for awhile. I should be free and clear for the hour before twilight, if not sooner.
this could as well be pure. However scum uncomfortable in the thread tends to write down their reasons to not be here
Town does too, but thats when they are kinda not feeling the game

i shouldnt really make a read on this, i realise
erhhhgh

and dubz and dina are just not... interacting at all with Moonster.
and I am not sure where I land on that? Knee-jerk reaction is that that should be scummy, right? But scum really really tend to have interactions with each other on D1. Like a trend I have noticed in almost all games I have played since I started, is that at least 1 wolf is voting another wolf during Day 1. I think they should feel forced here to talk a little bit more with moonster, or interacting more with her solve? Similarly, they are not talking to or about Nate that much either. I believe there might be a good idea to check the Nate wagon I lead a bit to see how at least Dubz reacted to that and compare with how she interacted with Moon and Mighty.

I am going back and forth on whom I believe is the likeliest wolf. Both have good town points, both have scum points.
In my heart of hearts, this means that the poe is wrong but I will for once not boq it up and actually believe in the process tbh

• Care
>Uses "I'm fully in my village meta" as an answer to "are you wolfing"
>Says that wolf meta and scum meta are pretty similar.

My knee-jerk reaction is that this sort of discrepancy comes from town than scum tbh
de06st3-3dc4a476-f2af-4784-b558-2a42e47c0d76.png

• Haha
How close to hammer are we?

Deciding if I'm gonna hit minimum or not. Gonna be alot of Lalala-ing as nothing has really changed my PoE in all I've read.

Moon/Mighty are fine. Moth is fine though I don't think it's optimal.

If not there, then Pippy.

If it's any of you other goons, I've already lost lol.
Moth yeeted out of the POE and became towncore through sheer force of personality :cool:, so we’re not going there anymore.

Day 1 Yeet Tally
Zenge (1) - mayo 17
Pippy (2) - Zenge 89, Wilgy 77
mayo (4)
- Pippy 50, JJJ 118, Nate 15, moon 34
samac () -
moth (1) - PSV 51
dubz () -
JJJ (1) - mighty 17
Nate (4)
- genny 49, samac 102, Boq 77, dubz 107
Wilgy (1) - moth 62

14/15
yeet close in ~7.5 hours
Nate is cleared due to this votal. Dubz is the most recent vote. Changes from Pippy to Nate. Even though it is 7,5 hours left of the game - I do not think it is distancing time.

Interestingly, Dubz is not really voting her other wolf reads though I have forgot already what she put Nate as.

I also want to note that Moon said around this time that she needs to ISO samac and Dubz. Ergh. Idk man, I am fence-sitting