Kirby - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I began tinfoiling Genny,
The lower case g is important
If the final wolf is not within Genny, Moon and Mighty, then they would really really want to move the yeet away from Mighty/Moon today and make it happen on someone else
Why though? I understand theoretically opening up the POE early, but isn't there also a path where we could misyeet those two and then go "shoot, I guess it's wide open now"?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Zenge142 what made you move onto Dubz D1?

Just curious
She was just too…floaty? Idk how to describe it.

Usually she’s Dubzing around. Doing Dubz things.

But here it just felt…wispy?

Day 3 Yeet Tally
moon (3)
- genny 28, samac 79, mighty 17
mighty (3) - Wilgy 15, Zenge 38, moon 29
moth () -
samac () -
JJJ (1) - JJJ 80
Pippy () -

7/11
yeet close in ~7.5 hours

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
The lower case g is important

Why though? I understand theoretically opening up the POE early, but isn't there also a path where we could misyeet those two and then go "shoot, I guess it's wide open now"?
i see tbh, sorry

because wide open means wolf!Zenge (in this case) is at greater risk to be underneath scrutinity. Yeeting genny won't prevent Moon's and Mighty's yeet. It will just prolong the inevitable, and slow down the "wide open". Like, their yeets are almost set in stone unless something very dramatic happens in the thread flow. So going outside that yeet order on another town gives scum more breathing room.

i see tbh, sorry

because wide open means wolf!Zenge (in this case) is at greater risk to be underneath scrutinity. Yeeting genny won't prevent Moon's and Mighty's yeet. It will just prolong the inevitable, and slow down the "wide open". Like, their yeets are almost set in stone unless something very dramatic happens in the thread flow. So going outside that yeet order on another town gives scum more breathing room.
Yeah. I've been seeing if anyone would bite at this when assessing mighty, and nobody has other than moonster. So

also scum generally want town to start tinfoil here and not believe in the process because that means they can weasel out. Zenge putting me back in line is pro town.

Yeah. I've been seeing if anyone would bite at this when assessing mighty, and nobody has other than moonster. So
thats what you were doing when you asked me if i am really sure about genny being town? :wowee:

thats what you were doing when you asked me if i am really sure about genny being town? :wowee:
Naw that was literally about genny. If I were to construct a "proper" POE of the "proper" number (5), she'd be in it. But I don't think we need that many.

But deviating from a town consensus would also look suspect, no? I would think it would be more of a break to let that ride for 2 days and then deal with D5 in the natural evolution of things

I see what you're saying, I just think it would also be a hard pivot at this point to swap to another candidate and that might raise alarms earlier than anticipated

But deviating from a town consensus would also look suspect, no? I would think it would be more of a break to let that ride for 2 days and then deal with D5 in the natural evolution of things

I see what you're saying, I just think it would also be a hard pivot at this point to swap to another candidate and that might raise alarms earlier than anticipated
it is more about letting me steer the yeet away by cheering me on/feeding into my suspicion so I make the jump, which would make me lose my cred, which opens up me to be a possible misyeet later down the road. Like scum themselves do not want to make the pivot, but the point is when a town starts driving away - that's like a christmas gift tbh

it is more about letting me steer the yeet away by cheering me on/feeding into my suspicion so I make the jump, which would make me lose my cred, which opens up me to be a possible misyeet later down the road. Like scum themselves do not want to make the pivot, but the point is when a town starts driving away - that's like a christmas gift tbh
Ah. I guess I don't see you as particularly steerable, so this didn't even really occur to me

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone (sorry can't remember whomst) pointed out that Pippy tends to get a lot of sus early on in recent time which is true, though it has happened when she's scum too so idk if that's a reason to mistrust the vote. Just makes me a bit uncomfy since she did just return from a lengthy hiatus.

@Zenge142 have you been wrong on Pippy before?

It was me, but tbh I don't remember the last time I played with pippy when she was wolfing
Interesting exchange involving both mafia about Pippy that might not exist if she's their third. Just re-convincing myself here.

• Hmm
i kinda wanted to lay low after i took over the thread at sod. I wanted to see if Moon would step up after focus shifted on Mighty and let her breathe, but she kinda havent. I am conflicted on who of them I think is the final wolf tbh
What would stepping up look like? Or at least, how would you do it? And where would you find the motivation?

I just feel lost in a sea of mostly fellow townies, staring down death today or tomorrow, and thinking, “What’s the point? Y’all got Dubz and Dina without me, you’re up 10 to 1, who needs me?” (Well maybe I helped a little by keeping Dina POE’d, and also being just townie enough not to die preciously, but it doesn’t seem like much.)

• Care
Interesting exchange involving both mafia about Pippy that might not exist if she's their third. Just re-convincing myself here.
I'm ready to die now that I've had some time to play without immediately getting blitzed, but it'll break your hopes of a town sweep

For some additional context, I think that comment from Dubz about being "uncomfortable" is that she actually probably did feel guilty about jumping on that opportunity for those exact reasons

Do you find pippy/dubz compatible though?

what are your thoughts on dubz voting pippy and scum reading her?
These were directed at me when I mixed up Pippy/mothy earlier in the game. This is either defend Pippy or continue to make JJJ look like a dope in an environment of mounting pressure by challenging him on a dope read about an "obvious" villager Pippy -- the latter would be TMI and serve Pippy well now. Probably the case.

I'm ready to die now that I've had some time to play without immediately getting blitzed, but it'll break your hopes of a town sweep

For some additional context, I think that comment from Dubz about being "uncomfortable" is that she actually probably did feel guilty about jumping on that opportunity for those exact reasons
We are never eliminating you today.

What would stepping up look like? Or at least, how would you do it? And where would you find the motivation?

I just feel lost in a sea of mostly fellow townies, staring down death today or tomorrow, and thinking, “What’s the point? Y’all got Dubz and Dina without me, you’re up 10 to 1, who needs me?” (Well maybe I helped a little by keeping Dina POE’d, and also being just townie enough not to die preciously, but it doesn’t seem like much.)
I would find motivation in the fact that now the pendulum is swinging back on Mighty, so now I have some room to breathe tbh! I liked your earlier posts where you analysed stuff, iirc I like reacted to one of them. So stuff like that.

Do you think mighty is wolf or do you think we could possibly be wrong somewhere in the poe? Where, why, how?
I understand your situation tho

Carry this thread climate with you into the tournament, champs participants. Note that even with a commanding early lead, the hunting effort level has only continued in high form. Town wins 27% of the time champs. To buck that trend, you must be relentless no matter the situation. That doesn't have to be synonymous with "aggressive" as many champions mistake it to be, but it does have to mean your motor never stops running.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users

Well if it gets to me, y’all had better be prepared for some sass.

• Love
You know what? It is Thursday. I am going to be a responsible Bachelor adult and open my refrigerator, bring out some ice cubes and make myself a gin and tonic. Perhaps even play some Jazzy Noir music as I read through the old post. Get me in the mood, you know, for the detectivy stuff tbh

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Well if it gets to me, y’all had better be prepared for some sass.
I looked forward to you slamming me down with my quotes and declaring me wolf in a sassy manner so I could snap back with sass and hilarious reaction gifs, but alas. You broke my heart.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
It's SO nice here today -- summer weather for the first time since fall -- and all I want is a G&T on the porch, but I'll puke it up 😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I would find motivation in the fact that now the pendulum is swinging back on Mighty, so now I have some room to breathe tbh! I liked your earlier posts where you analysed stuff, iirc I like reacted to one of them. So stuff like that.

Do you think mighty is wolf or do you think we could possibly be wrong somewhere in the poe? Where, why, how?
I understand your situation tho
I don’t think mighty *isn’t* a wolf, and I think other people are less likely to be wolves. I don’t feel like the POE is wrong necessarily, it just feels really easy, and I’m worried it’s not. But I was a wolf in an easy game for town (S8SCI, I linked it somewhere earlier), so I know it’s possible (and miserable).

I probably won’t have more time to analyze today, so if that’s what you need to pick mighty over me, oh well. There was a post about me from genny that only Pippy visibly interacted with; I’d be interested to see your thoughts on it. (I’ll quote it next post.)

Quote that show how wrong I am about moon:

I don’t think it’s normal wolf strategy to undermine the yeet your packmate is leading.

I don’t think a wolf makes this vote. Assuming Nate is also village, this is just breaking a 3 way tie to save a friend + a packmate’s pushed yeet

Why not take a stance here as a wolf? Either agree with the village and try to weasel a little more into the village core, or go all out and try to save Dubz by village reading her/putting doubt into village. Can always play poor fooled villager later.

We should probably all be voting mighty today.
@Boquise Thoughts?

I think the reason I tend to be unsympathetic to the "too easy" worries is that three of my four town games in champs ended gentlemen's stomp, stomp, and stomp.

Sometimes it be like that.

my first gut reaction was "ah neat perhaps we can clear moon through this" and it adds to me leaning on voting Mighty
I also think it is a good look for genny that she is trying to decrease the poe to just 1 and not have it open on who we are getting today.

You know, I weirdly feel free to be more sus now? Not that I’m taking advantage, I’m just imagining the lolcat fun I *could* be having. :whistle:

• Care
I think the reason I tend to be unsympathetic to the "too easy" worries is that three of my four town games in champs ended gentlemen's stomp, stomp, and stomp.

Sometimes it be like that.
Hahah wow, yeah man. That sounds nice. Like, totally, man. So happy for you. Sounds like the standard champ experience. Man, I can totally relate to you. Like, imagine not having a town stomp? What a bunch o' jokahs, if you ask me. Yessire!
jimcarrey.gif

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hahah wow, yeah man. That sounds nice. Like, totally, man. So happy for you. Sounds like the standard champ experience. Man, I can totally relate to you. Like, imagine not having a town stomp? What a bunch o' jokahs, if you ask me. Yessire!
View attachment 369336
Between S2G2 and S7Finale, my town teams had a streak of 10 straight wolf eliminations.

I am very humble.

• Wow
For you doctors who wasn't there and dont get my joke, this is a picture I made at the end of my last champs game - S8Finale. It sums it up.

qMV79BR.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON THAT S7 IS A PART OF THE CAR CRASH AND IT IS NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE QUALIFIER TBQFH

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Kinda interesting that mightyrunner7 got dinged for making a fairly empty first post and disappearing, and I haven't seen this post get that same treatment yet. Is this what the kids call a difference check?
nice post tbh

• Care
I don't believe in "way too early". A read is a read.
i think approaches and answers like this usually comes more from town than scum, since scum has a tendency to be fancy with their reads and iirc JJJ as a wolf actually tries to be a bit fancy

i am doing this instead of playing video games tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
as a teacher, it is very rare that i have the time to play video games

• Care
Reactions: 3 users