Kirby - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn’t say it seemed odd, I said the situation seemed odd.

I want you, Samac, to imagine opening a game thread, making a single comment about the post minimum and then bouncing. No comment on the game itself or interacting with anyone.

The comment itself was normal it was just an odd thing to do. I’m just saying it was Wolfy. I just found it odd
I can’t imagine not camping the thread like a crazy person and posting too much but I’m sure folks like genny could imagine it better than I.

I got my eye on you Zenges

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
There's a post cap, I don't think i have enough room for everything.
How about instead of explaining stuff, since that might not be the genny approach (which I respect), you just grab a post belonging to Dubz that made you think she's a wolf and quote it! You don't have to say things if you don't feel like it. It'd also help you get to the 40 minimum.

But this is what happens when village!Zenge posts a lot D1. he feels sketchy, even when he's fine.
Your avatar :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How about instead of explaining stuff, since that might not be the genny approach (which I respect), you just grab a post belonging to Dubz that made you think she's a wolf and quote it! You don't have to say things if you don't feel like it. It'd also help you get to the 40 minimum.
this is not my first rodeo. i do believe i am familiar with how to make WW posts.

• Hmm
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Hello, everyone! I’m not really here yet (still waking up and on mobile), just thought I’d stick my head in. Gimme at least a half hour to sort myself out, and hopefully I’ll be around properly.:brb:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Who are you?
she doesnt even go here mean girls GIF

• Haha
Which is another way of saying “neutral”, which is another way of saying “I don’t know”.

I didn’t go there. It wasn’t a serious question. I just thought your push seemed opportunistic. I’m still unsure.

I didn’t say it seemed odd, I said the situation seemed odd.

I want you, Samac, to imagine opening a game thread, making a single comment about the post minimum and then bouncing. No comment on the game itself or interacting with anyone.

The comment itself was normal it was just an odd thing to do. I’m just saying it was Wolfy. I just found it odd

This was supposed to be “I’m not saying it was Wolfy”
I'm including both the original [second] post here and the correction just for full context, but I am referring to the corrected version when I ask:

Do you believe a push can be opportunistic but not suspicious?

• Hmm
I'm including both the original [second] post here and the correction just for full context, but I am referring to the corrected version when I ask:

Yeah I mean if someone rojos something like “Would it be a bad time to kill Dina?” Or something like that, and someone immediately quotes it before it gets edited/deleted and then votes them I’d call that opportunistic but not suspicious.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)

In general I find pushes where people jump on minor things opportunistic in a suspicious way. But not always. But usually when I see little things that could be NAI pounced on, I find it suspicious, because of its lack of solid foundation.

• Care
Yeah I mean if someone rojos something like “Would it be a bad time to kill Dina?” Or something like that, and someone immediately quotes it before it gets edited/deleted and then votes them I’d call that opportunistic but not suspicious.
I don’t disagree with the base premise that “honest opportunism” is possible, and a rare case like a “rojo” slip applies. I’m not sure it would apply that way to samac’s push as you portrayed it (I don’t view the push that way anyway).

You’d said that there are things in your posts to suggest you town read me before Dubz commented on me. Could you please point to those?

I don’t disagree with the base premise that “honest opportunism” is possible, and a rare case like a “rojo” slip applies. I’m not sure it would apply that way to samac’s push as you portrayed it (I don’t view the push that way anyway).

You’d said that there are things in your posts to suggest you town read me before Dubz commented on me. Could you please point to those?
Any of my early posts where I was joking with you. My guard was down. If I was more suspicious I would have been more :poke: about our interactions

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Maybe I shouldn't use reacts. Champs has no reacts. :thinking:

• Care
> follow dubs lead on JJJ
> hedge on everyone else
> throw attention to someone who’s not currently posting
> groce
I'm trying to decide if this post is town-indicative for samac. A similar post came early in Time to Get a WWatch (from samac about Truenamer). She made another similar post in Stardew 2 about mightyrunner that I used to pretend town read in that case. But the read might still be a good one.

I will tread lightly since it's not a meta read I have developed with much thoroughness, but my initial impression is positive.

• Hmm
I'm trying to decide if this post is town-indicative for samac. A similar post came early in Time to Get a WWatch (from samac about Truenamer). She made another similar post in Stardew 2 about mightyrunner that I used to pretend town read in that case. But the read might still be a good one.

I will tread lightly since it's not a meta read I have developed with much thoroughness, but my initial impression is positive.
What was the similarity between them?

PSV pls. When have I ever hit a post cap?

• Care
  • Haha
Oh darn. Premature post. Ah well.
I feel moderately confident in saying JJJ is town. While I don't doubt he could change his approach from last game after wolfing, he is much more genuine. Reminds me more strongly of WWatch. Therefore I don't see it being wolfy theater.
I don't remember why I quoted the other two.

• Hmm
  • Care
What was the similarity between them?

From Time to Get a WWatch:
Alright alright alright
My morning has been a **** show and I didn’t get to **** talk as much as I wanted this morning.

I am confused.
Are people actually not getting roles again or did you just copy and paste from literary and not read it?

These guys aren’t noobs, though.

I would not put any stock in first.

I like this post

I hate this post. A lot.
It’s been a little while since the last game ended and this one started no? Seems like plenty of time to shake it off.

I hate this post too because this isn’t a problem you’ve had before and saying you’re detached from the teams makes me eye twitch.

I disagree, sometimes snap reads on day 1 are just what I need.

And I’mma see what happens if I do dis

yeet true

From Stardeww 2:
I hate this. I proved the no bus meta can be turned in at any time.

I hate this. He backed off her for her list and “posted defenses”
Here are said defenses.

There's a certain linguistic severity that doesn't always come from mafia early in a game. They're getting their feet wet, and bringing the rage in this way is atypical. Some wolves do it, just not most.

This time, that post of hers suggesting her initial impression of you was "groce" gave me a similar impression.

*gives self a round of applause for high-speed search of new forum environment*

• Love
  • Care
Who are you?
Nate's friend from The Avocado. :) I think I started playing over there before he did, even? Plus I have a little forum experience, on MU and elsewhere, but in general I'm a garbage forum player.

Who are you? A wolf? Hmm, maybe not; I feel like a wolf would be more likely to be really nice and try to pocket me. :unsure:

• Care

From Stardeww 2:

There's a certain linguistic severity that doesn't always come from mafia early in a game. They're getting their feet wet, and bringing the rage in this way is atypical. Some wolves do it, just not most.

This time, that post of hers suggesting her initial impression of you was "groce" gave me a similar impression.
One might need to click back to the original post in the Time to Get a WWatch game to get a full view of what I am describing (primarily the "I hate this post" language).

• Hmm
I thought you were quoting my posts and then genny’s comment about post cap as a way of warning me not to post cap myself
Oh. No, I can't remember. I think I was going to poke fun at you for editing but someone else covered that and then I was going to joke about Genny's post count comment but she's feeling spicy today.

• Care
this is not my first rodeo. i do believe i am familiar with how to make WW posts.
Slight town lean on genny for this response to JJJ, as well. At the very least, it doesn't strike me as W/W theater.

Nate's friend from The Avocado. :) I think I started playing over there before he did, even? Plus I have a little forum experience, on MU and elsewhere, but in general I'm a garbage forum player.

Who are you? A wolf? Hmm, maybe not; I feel like a wolf would be more likely to be really nice and try to pocket me. :unsure:
A garbage forum player going to champs? :unsure:

• Hmm
One might need to click back to the original post in the Time to Get a WWatch game to get a full view of what I am describing (primarily the "I hate this post" language).
I do believe samac does this sort of post frequently as either affiliation.

In general I find pushes where people jump on minor things opportunistic in a suspicious way. But not always. But usually when I see little things that could be NAI pounced on, I find it suspicious, because of its lack of solid foundation.
How you get reads without looking at nuances?
is there ever a time I catch a wolf on day one that it’s not something little I poke at to see what happens?

I feel moderately confident in saying JJJ is town. While I don't doubt he could change his approach from last game after wolfing, he is much more genuine. Reminds me more strongly of WWatch. Therefore I don't see it being wolfy theater.
HOW CAN EVERYONE FEEL SO COMFORTABLE AFTER LAST GAME

• Care
I feel extremely confident that I will not be attempting to read jj before d3 with any sort of expected accuracy because I did learn things from the last game.

Day 1 Yeet Tally
Zenge (1) - Pippy 9

1/15
yeet close in ~34 hours

• Love
HOW CAN EVERYONE FEEL SO COMFORTABLE AFTER LAST GAME
Well, I spent literal hours combing both threads trying to pin down the differences and settled on "IDK IT'S A CERTAIN SOMETHING!!!!" and that certain something is here.
How did Zenge put it? He has a minty effervescence I suspect is green.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'm very scary. My home is under the bed. Boo.

• Wow
Ok consolidating to save posts

From Stardeww 2:

I do think I do it as either affiliation but I don’t think I’ve paid close enough attention to my own language.
I do believe samac does this sort of post frequently as either affiliation.
Prolly
I'm just the backup. And I think I'm a lot better in my home environment!
I’m the backup too!
Backup buddies?! :heckyeah:
I feel extremely confident that I will not be attempting to read jj before d3 with any sort of expected accuracy because I did learn things from the last game.
THANK YOU
What happened last game?
JJJ drove that bus back and forth over his packmate and I helped him succeed

• Care
Dubz is a town read.

@WildZoo I understand wariness of pocketing after the previous game. Treat me with whatever caution feels pertinent. But I am now placing higher value on your perspective, because I think you're honest.
Hmmyes this definitely helps the paranoia :laugh:

If you're wolfing you owe me the respect of an n1 death, just sayin

• Care
Again. Spent hours looking at posts from this man. He is far more similar to his town behavior.
I'm not planting a flag in his skull that reads TOWN 4EVER AND EVER. I'm saying he is behaving more similar to how he did in WWatch. Therefore. He is a town lean.

• Care