GW vs. Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tulane vs. GW

• Tulane

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • GW

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

xxyxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

What are peoples thoughts about GW vs. Tulane School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

These threads are more helpful when you start by listing out what you perceive as your pros and cons for each school. Otherwise you'll just get a bunch of random personal preferences.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like the schools have so many similarities and so many pros haha. for me the main difference is coming down to location. So I am curious to hear other people's thoughts on the schools.

In general they have pretty similar grading systems, match lists, statistics, focus on public health and clinical experiences, and similar research opportunities.

Members don't see this ad :)
I voted Tulane. Both have similar costs (except I think NOLA's cost of living could allow Tulane to be brought a little lower, but no significant savings).

DC is a little bit of a generic major city- cool place to live, but can get the same vibe in other places. NOLA is really unique.

Both match all over, with Tulane having more going west. Tulane, I think, has a more interesting patient pop. And Tulane seems more fun/happy- though GW doesn't seem unhappy. DC has better weather.

Neither would be a bad choice. DC would be better for policy.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with you, neither would be a bad choice! I definitely am interested in the policy world so that does make DC appealing, but I also agree that Tulane seems fun/happy!

Any other thoughts?

I agree with you, neither would be a bad choice! I definitely am interested in the policy world so that does make DC appealing, but I also agree that Tulane seems fun/happy!

Any other thoughts?
You can look at the post I made on the Tulane thread. It might be worth holding on to both acceptances and watch how that stuff all plays out