Drexel vs. Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bty564

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am fortunate enough to have been accepted by more than one school. I have narrowed my choices down to between Drexel and Toledo, and I can't decide which program is better. Please give me some advice.
thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Go with cheaper one if you cannot decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
toldeo its cheaper (significantly since apparently you can get in state tuition after 1st year). drexel probably isnt going to offer you anything toledo cant. Unless you hate the toledo area, id go there in a heartbeat.

Toledo, by a mile. I just don't like Philly...at all.

I appreciate you guy's comments, but can you give your reason(s) as to why choosing Toledo over Drexel or vice versa?
thanks!!

I appreciate you guy's comments, but can you give your reason(s) as to why choosing Toledo over Drexel or vice versa?
thanks!!
i interviewed at drexel but not toledo...drexel is a nice school but compare what does drexel offer that makes it unique compared to toledo? IMO that isnt a whole lot. Similar community opportunities will be available at both schools. Every school has their free clinics. Drexel is wildly expensive and a private school. Toledo is public and will offer you in state tuition. Therefore saving you tens of thousands of dollars. The money imo can not be overlooked. Its not all about money but what can drexel offer that toledo cant? And if drexel offers more, is it worth the tens of thousands of dollars you will spend extra? Answer these for yourself as its different for each person. Did drexel feel right? Did you hate toledo, these are all things only you can answer. For me money is huge and after being at drexel there wasnt anything to me that stood out to me to make it worth an extra 100k+ in loan debt.

Drexel average cost per year is about 70k+...toledo for in state is about 40k. Even if you are OOS for the M2-M4 years you can be in state meaning you will save a good 25-30k for 3-4 years. At the least you are going to save around 80-120k by going to toledo. Both schools will produce excellent docs and give you all the opportunities you would want to enter any specialty. Going to drexel isnt going to significantly increase your chances of anything over toledo most likely (or most schools in this range for that matter). Unless you hate toledo, ohio, or the area, I would personally go there no questions asked. Drexel has some nice programs for sure, but its not worth the cost imo nor are they going to be too different from whats at toledo. Is that involved enough ? lol

Last edited:
I did my summer research at Toledo Medical Center and liked the area.

Cheap apartments nearby and a Super Wallmart next door across the street.

Hi everyone, I am trying to decide between Toledo vs. UCF (OOS for both). Toledo is more established and has a nice track record in terms of board scores and residencies. UCF might be waiving the OOS fees, although nothing is set in stone. Not sure what will happen in the future for residency placements with a new school...Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hey all,

I don't mean to thread jack, but I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I was just excepted into both St. Louis University and the University of Toledo Med schools, and was looking for some advice from anyone on the two programs. Need to decide ASAP.. any advice will help.

Thanks guys!! :)

never been to toledo, but drexel seems like kind of a 'suitcase' school. it's in the middle of a suburban, residential neighborhood. however, the students seems very happy there & the social life seemed good. if you wanted to stay on the east coast, i'd go to philly, because everybody knows about drexel out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.