Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bump

anybody get any phone calls similar to me or letters in the mail or ANYTHING from the drexel admissions office lately?

Anyone out there, except Drsumdae, been accepted to the MSP progam?

I only care about the MSP applicants no one else.

I had sent in my application at the end of April and I had confirmation that it was completed on the 20th of May...However, I have yet to received a call or email for interview...I'm still keeping my hopes up. You're not alone and I congratulate all those people that have been accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

hardwork732,

I received a call from them offering an interview within the past few days. It was only after I called to inquire about my application since I was not hearing anything from them. Have you tried calling them recently?

Bump

anybody get any phone calls similar to me or letters in the mail or ANYTHING from the drexel admissions office lately?

Anyone out there, except Drsumdae, been accepted to the MSP progam?

I only care about the MSP applicants no one else.

I got a call from the admissions office on monday asking for an interview for thursday. so I'll be interviewing with Marlon tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from the admissions office on monday asking for an interview for thursday. so I'll be interviewing with Marlon tomorrow.

Congrats!!!! For some reason I thought you already had an interview a few weeks ago. Good luck!!!!! :luck:

Well everybody it has been a long time coming (since Feb. when my application was completed and about 6 weeks since my interview)...

I called today to see if there was any decision AND i was notified by chris that my file had been reviewed by the committee and judged yesterday.

He told me i should be receiving an e-mail of notification in the next couple of days...he couldn't tell me over the phone because there was no code, on my file, that states whether i was rejected or accepted.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

Well everybody it has been a long time coming (since Feb. when my application was completed and about 6 weeks since my interview)...

I called today to see if there was any decision AND i was notified by chris that my file had been reviewed by the committee and judged yesterday.

He told me i should be receiving an e-mail of notification in the next couple of days...he couldn't tell me over the phone because there was no code, on my file, that states whether i was rejected or accepted.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

GRRR, that's not fair! I was told over the phone. Good luck! Hopefully they send it out ASAP...keep on top of them b/c when they called about my acceptance they told me i would get info "in a couple of days" and it took almost a month! If your file has been reviewed they should be able to tell you!!!

Hi Everyone,

Apparently the committee met yesterday and they made some decisions as of 4 o'clock. I just called 15 minutes ago and Chris answered the phone and informed me that I've been accepted to the MSP program!!!!!!! :biglove:

Good luck to everyone else and let me know if you have any questions. You should call if you need to ask about your application because the first time I called the answering machine picked up but then I called back a second time and Chris answered. Don't give up everyone! :hardy:

if you two found out over the phone then this might bad news for me...maybe he didnt want to tell me i didnt get accepted over the phone.

:(:(:(

I called them today to see the status of my application and they wouldn't give me any info either... The guy I spoke to told me that they just finished finals and that they were really backed up... Anyway, congrats to the people that got into the MSP program. Cluj... just out of curiousity what were your stats? I don't know if I have a chance with this MSP program or not... Ugh! It's soooo annoying!!!

Hi Everyone,

Apparently the committee met yesterday and they made some decisions as of 4 o'clock. I just called 15 minutes ago and Chris answered the phone and informed me that I've been accepted to the MSP program!!!!!!! :biglove:

Good luck to everyone else and let me know if you have any questions. You should call if you need to ask about your application because the first time I called the answering machine picked up but then I called back a second time and Chris answered. Don't give up everyone! :hardy:

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats Cluj!!! Looks like we're gonna be classmates! :hardy:

I called them today to see the status of my application and they wouldn't give me any info either... The guy I spoke to told me that they just finished finals and that they were really backed up... Anyway, congrats to the people that got into the MSP program. Cluj... just out of curiousity what were your stats? I don't know if I have a chance with this MSP program or not... Ugh! It's soooo annoying!!!

Hi DSche,

Well just for everyone to know, my overall GPA as of this last semester was 3.18 and my science was somewhere around a 2.8 something, haven't calculated it with my new grades and my mcat, unfortunately was a 23. Don't give up on the calling. I called many times and each time I got the answering machine. I didn't leave a message since I knew that it was practically impossible for them to answer all the telephone messages of students who called before me. Today, I just called another time since I wanted to know the status of the application, considering I will be out of the country for the next two weeks and I couldn't access my voice mail on my phone. Chris said they had sent me an e-mail, which they hadn't and supposedly there's a package in the mail heading my way. Hopefully I'll get it when I come back. I had to call them in order to find out I was accepted, maybe it will be the same for everyone here. At least I hope so :rolleyes:

Did anyone take courses at a post-bacc program before applying to Drexel?

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with someone in the MSP office like 20 minutes ago... and I was accepted to MSP! :D they said all I have to do is wait for more info. in the mail.

I'll see you guys when you get here!

hell to the YEAH!!!!

i called today and found out i am accepted to the MSP program BABY!!!!!

See you all in the fall!!!

Anyone living in Manayunk next year?

called...and just found out when I was accepted...hopefully all the stuff comes in the mail...now to start looking for a place to live in philly...

Did anyone take courses at a post-bacc program before applying to Drexel?

I did a post-bacc program at CUNY City College.

Congrats to all of you that have received good news! And to those who are still waiting, don't give up!

Man today was heart stopping. I woke up this morning thinking there was going to be an email either telling me im accepted or rejected, then when i checked there was nothing there :( Called Drexel once (answering machine), second time (answering machine), third time some one picked up and BAM he told me I was accepted!!!!!! :hardy:

Hope to see y'all in august!

Yay! Congrats to everyone who was accepted - I'll see ya'll in the fall! :hardy:

i highly recommend the grad housing, i've been there and with the issue (lack of) parking, i think its prudent to be close especially coming way out of state. PM me if you wanna know more about it.

i highly recommend the grad housing, i've been there and with the issue (lack of) parking, i think its prudent to be close especially coming way out of state. PM me if you wanna know more about it.

I completely agree with you. I went there a few weeks ago, too. It is very small, but they have a parking area and 24 hr security. The building is nice. :)

Also, if u live in stiles...you really won't need a car.

okay dr sumdae

i had some questions. I have not received my packet, but was curious what you receive in the packet. When does the program actually start? Somewhere in august? Also, any other information is appreciated.

Thanks

I did a post-bacc program at CUNY City College.

Congrats to all of you that have received good news! And to those who are still waiting, don't give up!
yeah dr. pinky (NY baby!!)

okay dr sumdae

i had some questions. I have not received my packet, but was curious what you receive in the packet. When does the program actually start? Somewhere in august? Also, any other information is appreciated.

Thanks

My packet was a bunch of attachments sent to me in an email. They said the starting date is Aug 13th, but when I talked to the people in Stiles (the grad housing) they said the move in days for Aug are the 4th and 5th. So, if you're going to be living in stiles i think they want you there a week before (but I'm not positive about this). I do hope we have time to set up our apartments though - I want to buy my bed down there so that I can have it delivered.

Other stuff in the packet: immunization form for your doc office to fill out, personal data form that you need to fill out, i think there is a housing application for stiles in there, info about health insurance, info about different programs (like tutoring kids and multicultural volunteer programs), there was stuff in there about utilities in philly, and tuition rates. They also include maps of the New College Building and of Center City campus, in general and fliers for places you can get discounts and things like that. There is nothing sent about class schedules or books needed. Hope that helps :)

My packet was a bunch of attachments sent to me in an email. They said the starting date is Aug 13th, but when I talked to the people in Stiles (the grad housing) they said the move in days for Aug are the 4th and 5th. So, if you're going to be living in stiles i think they want you there a week before (but I'm not positive about this). I do hope we have time to set up our apartments though - I want to buy my bed down there so that I can have it delivered.

Other stuff in the packet: immunization form for your doc office to fill out, personal data form that you need to fill out, i think there is a housing application for stiles in there, info about health insurance, info about different programs (like tutoring kids and multicultural volunteer programs), there was stuff in there about utilities in philly, and tuition rates. They also include maps of the New College Building and of Center City campus, in general and fliers for places you can get discounts and things like that. There is nothing sent about class schedules or books needed. Hope that helps :)

quick question, I actually bought a FULL sized bed for undergrad. Please tell me I can somehow jam it into the room. Theres no way in hell I am dropping another couple of hundred dollars on a twin sized bed. Also, how full are the stiles apartments? Should I be really worried that I wont be able to get a double? Thanks for the help...

Has anyone gotten wait listed to the IMS? I called the office today and they told me i have been wait listed, should i take this as a rejection thinking they just didnt want to say rejected on the phone?

quick question, I actually bought a FULL sized bed for undergrad. Please tell me I can somehow jam it into the room. Theres no way in hell I am dropping another couple of hundred dollars on a twin sized bed. Also, how full are the stiles apartments? Should I be really worried that I wont be able to get a double? Thanks for the help...

Hey, I was actually trying to plan out my room (tehy are about 10'x12') to see what/how things would fit and a full size bed will fit. I came across a site (http://www.lanefurniture.com/ , then click on "design-a-room") it allows you to make a room and arrange furniture in the room. It is actually kind of fun/addictive, lol. :)

I think the apartments are kept pretty full. Getting a one bedroom apartment is out of the question for new students b/c those apartments go very fast, I do not know how fast the 2 bedroom apartments go.

Hey, I was actually trying to plan out my room (tehy are about 10'x12') to see what/how things would fit and a full size bed will fit. I came across a site (http://www.lanefurniture.com/ , then click on "design-a-room") it allows you to make a room and arrange furniture in the room. It is actually kind of fun/addictive, lol. :)

I think the apartments are kept pretty full. Getting a one bedroom apartment is out of the question for new students b/c those apartments go very fast, I do not know how fast the 2 bedroom apartments go.

i remember being told 10x10, 10x11.

i remember being told 10x10, 10x11.

Now that i think about it, i vaguely remember that, but the girl also said 10x12. Im pretty srue the room i saw was 10x12, but I'm just going by what she told me. For saftey's sake, i would stick w/the smalller dimensions when planning!

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations everyone!!!! Those who are still waiting, don't worry, it seems about 7 of us on this forum have been accepted, in a class of 40 i'm sure there are still plenty of spots left.

I am currently worried about apartments. It seems that the prices are exceedingly high. I come from Madison, Wisconsin where a studio only costed me 490. I don't think I can afford a studio now with pricess almost 900. Did anyone hear of Chestnut Hall? It seems the prices are about 800 to 1300, i'm sure with a roommate the prices would drop considerably. Would any of you consider rooming together?

I also received a package from financial aid at Drexel. I am currently in Greece so I can't see what it says. Did any of you get something like this and would you mind telling me if there's a deadline on the paperwork? I won't be back until June 22. Hopefully this won't delay my financial aid.

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations everyone!!!! Those who are still waiting, don't worry, it seems about 7 of us on this forum have been accepted, in a class of 40 i'm sure there are still plenty of spots left.

I am currently worried about apartments. It seems that the prices are exceedingly high. I come from Madison, Wisconsin where a studio only costed me 490. I don't think I can afford a studio now with pricess almost 900. Did anyone hear of Chestnut Hall? It seems the prices are about 800 to 1300, i'm sure with a roommate the prices would drop considerably. Would any of you consider rooming together?

I also received a package from financial aid at Drexel. I am currently in Greece so I can't see what it says. Did any of you get something like this and would you mind telling me if there's a deadline on the paperwork? I won't be back until June 22. Hopefully this won't delay my financial aid.

I most likely will be doing the MSP program as well. I am definately interested in finding a roommate to share an efficiency to alleviate some of the costs. So...if anyone is considering rooming with a chill, motivated guy let me know.

Also....what are the majority of folks doing to finance this year at Drexel. I have about 40 grand in loans from undergrad, so i'm a little nervous about taking another 30 out!! But, I'll feel better knowing i'm not in the boat alone.

So my mom and sis have been trying to call me for the past hr but I was sleeping. I called them back and they told me I got a letter from Drexel saying I was waitlisted until next year. **Sigh** Then they said JUST JOKING you got into the program!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSIRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Aww man I'm so happy. I interviewed on June 2 so they were pretty fast. Aww man now I have to plan!!! :D:D:D:D

So my mom and sis have been trying to call me for the past hr but I was sleeping. I called them back and they told me I got a letter from Drexel saying I was waitlisted until next year. **Sigh** Then they said JUST JOKING you got into the program!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSIRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Aww man I'm so happy. I interviewed on June 2 so they were pretty fast. Aww man now I have to plan!!! :D:D:D:D

HAHAHA, you should get them back sometime. ;) Congrats and see you in August!!!!

Cluj,
It may be the school's finaid form that you need to fill out, but that doesn't come in a "package" it is just a letter. That is all I have recieved from them so far. You may be able to get the form online. ?? I've always wanted to go to Greece!

hey everyone...first CONGRATS to all! :hardy:.

I was wondering when is the latest thay are accepting students in their MSP program for fall 07.

My application is missing my mcat scores. If it arrives to drextel in august do you think they will still accept students that late?

hope you hear from anyone

~m~

Hey Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted!

I am going to be in the IMS program. I am wondering where people are going to be living and who else will be going to the IMS program. I am from Cali so I don't know much about philly any info would be great.

Also I didn't get a financial aid packet in the mail. Do we just fill out the fafsa form or is there something else too.

What exactly is Drexel's center city location? :confused: I don't know what the address is, but it seemed to me that it was relatively close to Chestnut Street where Upenn is located. Is that true? Looking at Mapquest it seemed that there's a highway to the West of Drexel's center city building and further west was Upenn and Drexel's main campus. Am I right about this? Because if indeed the distances are so small could it be possible to live on campus, or at least on Chestunut street and then walk to class? I'm used to walking since in undergrad I lived off campus and I'd walk about 20 minutes to get to my early classes. Any information would be greatly appreciated since I'm a bit lost.

I have a phone interview coming up soon..anyone have any advice, tips, questions, etc? THanks.

hi

i just had my phone interview today which seemed to go ok, except for the question about the future direction of healthcare, which i totally blanked on.

does anyone know how long they take to get back? i know in the past they have taken a while but since the application deadline is not far away, im hoping they will get back to me in the next two weeks or so . . .?

also, does anyone know if the stiles house has common bathrooms?

thanks

What exactly is Drexel's center city location? :confused: I don't know what the address is, but it seemed to me that it was relatively close to Chestnut Street where Upenn is located. Is that true? Looking at Mapquest it seemed that there's a highway to the West of Drexel's center city building and further west was Upenn and Drexel's main campus. Am I right about this? Because if indeed the distances are so small could it be possible to live on campus, or at least on Chestunut street and then walk to class? I'm used to walking since in undergrad I lived off campus and I'd walk about 20 minutes to get to my early classes. Any information would be greatly appreciated since I'm a bit lost.

I think the addres is 245 N 15th Street. The New College Building is right off the vinestreet expressway.

hi

i just had my phone interview today which seemed to go ok, except for the question about the future direction of healthcare, which i totally blanked on.

does anyone know how long they take to get back? i know in the past they have taken a while but since the application deadline is not far away, im hoping they will get back to me in the next two weeks or so . . .?

thanks

Each apartment has its own bathroom (stall shower). Apts are either 1, 2 or 3 bedroom. So, you have a bedroom to yourself, but have to share the common area/kitchen and bathroom w/1 or 2 other people (unless you live alone).

hi

thanks

I had my interview today for the msp program as well. Actually, I guess I was interviewing for both programs because my interviewer asked me which program I preferred since I was an 'in between' applicant. I stated I preferred the MSP program since I have to retake the MCAT anyways I might as well have some structured preparation.

My interview went OK I guess...I had the same question about healthcare and I basically said I can tell them what I would like to see in healthcare as it is too difficult to 'predict where I see the future of healthcare'. I basically suggested a move away from the privatization of healthcare and more towards a 'universal' type system. I even mentioned Michael Moore's new movie Sicko' ( I know lame but it helped get the point across).

My interviewer said they have only accepted a handful of people and that the adcom meets every week. They have only met a couple of times so he said that there is nothing to worry about in terms of space availability. I should hear in 2-3 weeks (not holding my breath on that one! :laugh:) but I do hope to hear before beginning of July.

Well, that's about it. Hope this was helpful! :D
Good Luck all :luck::luck:

-PlAnEjaNe

I had my interview recently as well.

For anyone who has an upcoming interview, it is really helpful to go back through the postings on this forum to find interview questions. The interview is pretty laid back and is most likely with someone who is in one of the programs. So, just be yourself, be honest, and try to develop a connection with the person you're speaking to. I think that if you can show your interviewer that you're a good fit for one of the programs, it will make your chances of admission greater. Good luck to all of you who have interviews coming soon!

For all of you who have interviewed recently, I was told that the ad. com. will be meeting to make decisions this week. Good luck!

I had my interview today for the msp program as well. Actually, I guess I was interviewing for both programs because my interviewer asked me which program I preferred since I was an 'in between' applicant. I stated I preferred the MSP program since I have to retake the MCAT anyways I might as well have some structured preparation.

My interview went OK I guess...I had the same question about healthcare and I basically said I can tell them what I would like to see in healthcare as it is too difficult to 'predict where I see the future of healthcare'. I basically suggested a move away from the privatization of healthcare and more towards a 'universal' type system. I even mentioned Michael Moore's new movie Sicko' ( I know lame but it helped get the point across).

My interviewer said they have only accepted a handful of people and that the adcom meets every week. They have only met a couple of times so he said that there is nothing to worry about in terms of space availability. I should hear in 2-3 weeks (not holding my breath on that one! :laugh:) but I do hope to hear before beginning of July.

Well, that's about it. Hope this was helpful! :D
Good Luck all :luck::luck:

-PlAnEjaNe

Sounds like you had a good interview. I wonder if the fact that ur a reapplicant will boost your application at all? Good luck!!!!!!! :luck:

Hey everyone! I just heard from Chris today and I got accepted into the MSP program!!! :D Congrats to all my new classmates and good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear!

I was wondering when is the latest thay are accepting students in their MSP program for fall 07.

My application is missing my mcat scores. If it arrives to drextel sometime in august do you think they will/can still accept students that late?

hope you hear from anyone ...please:cry:

~m~

My application is missing my mcat scores. If it arrives to drextel sometime in august do you think they will/can still accept students that late?

~m~

well to tell you the truth, I think it is a little late...if you looked at this post from last year you would see that most people received acceptances by then. I would give Drexel a call and let them know that you are interested in the msp program and do not have an mcat. Rather than taking the mcat and doing bad just take the gre and you should have that grade within a month. I do not remember the actual score you need, but rather just give Drexel a call they could probably answer your question better than anyone on this forum.
take care hopefully everything works out for you...

i just found this afternoon that i got into the msp program! im so relieved and excited - i have a feeling the experience is going to be a good one . . . now my biggest worry is housing . . .

ps. thanks to everyone for the advice!

~m~

August is definately too late. The deadline is mid July and classes start in aug. When did you have your scores sent out?

Congrats to alm007 and crumbelievable!!!! :hardy:

thanks so much hass1786 ans DrSumdae for imput :)

I havent taken the mcat and scheduled to take the mcat the second week of july (and it takes 30 days to get your score, i guess the gre takes about 30 days too?)

If anything I guees will call drextel i tell them my situation..i doubt its gonna do much ...sigh. i really dont want to wait untill next year to go school and apply all over again :( :(

what would you in my case?

~m~