Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Guys................I got an MSP interview (for tomorrow)

Wish me luck.........:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

MDempress,

How were you contacted...by phone?, e-mail? Who contacted you? Have you been calling them every week? Any information would be AWESOME!!!!

Is there a sole individual who is in charge of interviewing?

Anything would be great.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
I was accepted to PCOM-GA today. I will be attending there in the Fall. I have to admit it's a relief not to have to worry about all the problems with the admissions office at Drexel anymore. Good luck to everyone with interviews/acceptances. I wish you all the best. :)

YAY!!!!
Congrats Samkell!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. That must be such a relief, now it does not matter that Drexel did not work out!
Makes me sort of wish that I had applied to DO schools...but I know that I need to do this Drexel program.

YAY!!!!
Congrats Samkell!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. That must be such a relief, now it does not matter that Drexel did not work out!
Makes me sort of wish that I had applied to DO schools...but I know that I need to do this Drexel program.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support. I know you'll do well at Drexel!

hey all,

got the sweet sweet call i have been waiting for. Interview is all set for tomorrow. WISH ME LUCK!

~hardwork732

Congrats MDempress and hardwork!!!!!!! woohoo!!!!!!

Sounds like there are quite a few interviews today!!!!!

Good luck!
:luck:

hey all,

got the sweet sweet call i have been waiting for. Interview is all set for tomorrow. WISH ME LUCK!

~hardwork732
good luck!!

i had a similar thing happen last week.. missed a call from a number very close to theirs but no message! i applied to ims, but here's hoping they call back..

and the wait for a reply begins. :luck: :scared: :luck:

yup just got done with my interview...i dont know about you but it went FAST!!!

it only lasted 20 minutes...

Should i be concerned?

I did my best and gave great answers in my opinion. I just thought it was suppose to last 30-45 minutes.

Congrats to both of you!!!!!!! Hopefully you will not have to wait long!

Hardwork, who did your interview? Did you ask any questions at the end? That does sound like a short interview, but it is hard to judge if that is good or bad without knowing you!

Good luck!!!!!!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
mine lasted about 35 min. i asked many questions at the end. chris interviewed me.

my interview was today too:)

when chris interviewed you, did he say anything in response to what you answered? i.e. what was his side of the conversation like?

did he say how long before you'd hear back?

thanks!

yeah well i didnt ask many questions at the end so i guess thats why mdempress's interview went way longer. I have all the information i need.

chris didnt really make many comments on my responses except for the occasional "thats a good answer" or "thats sounds good" or "alright".

he didnt really give me much response to my answers. He just kept on asking away with the questions and i kept on answering them.

he said it would take about 2-3 weeks before i got a response on whether i was accepted or not.

what did others experience during their interviews with chris?

Hardwork,

Those are the replies I got from him, too. So, don't worry :)

mine lasted about 35 min. i asked many questions at the end. chris interviewed me.
that's funny. I checked both the MSP and DPMS program on my app. In Feb. Chris called me for an interview. I called the office for what seemed like 2 months just trying to reach him (we played phone tag). Iguess my name was xferred over to the DPMS program. needless to say, I'm glad u were able to set up an interview with him! realize how hard such a thing can be ;)

It has been 2 weeks since I was accepted, by phone, to the MSP program. I still haven't recieved anything in the mail, so I called them today and I was told that they are still reviewing files, but I should be recieving something "shortly." So, so mcuh for the "congratulations, you should be getting something in the mail in a few days..." haha. Wow are they slow.

At least I am "in." I will be visiting Philly sometime next week!

Any news?!?!?!? Good luck everyone! :luck:

I called them last Friday and asked if my file had been reviewed and it had'nt!! I was afraid I had been forgotten about!! :( :(

The lady on the phone said that there are only three people on the admissions committee and they are in class all day so that is why it is taking sooo long. I hope they don't plan on sending out acceptances on July 31st and classes begin on Aug 1!!! That would be really awful, not to mention slightly disrespectful. Anyhow...I guess we just keep waiting. :eek:

-PlAnEjaNe

Hi everyone,

I was just interviewed this afternoon by Chris. My interview lasted approximately 30 minutes with a few questions on my part at the end. For those of you who haven't interviewed make sure you specify exactly the time for your interview. I had requested 1:30 central and Chris understood 1:30 Philadelphia time. So he called me at 12:27 Wisconsin time. At least I had thought about it ahead of time, but I just wanted to warn others about it. When I asked how long I should expect before I will receive a response he said a couple of weeks. It needs to go to committee and then it will go from there. I guess things are moving along at a more rapid pace right now. Good luck to everyone :)

Hey all,
I just recieved an e-mail from Drexel congratulating me on my acceptance into the MSP program and it said I should be getting a letter in the mail shortly. A bunch of PDF files were attached to the email, but I have not looked thru them yet.

Good luck everyone! :luck:

I recieved a letter from the Financial Aid office. (fill out FASFA as well as Drexel Finan Aid)

Has anyone else gotten this since their interview?

Hope it's a good sign

:luck:

when did u get the financial aid form? Today? I haven't received anything yet and we had the interview on the same day...my mail doesnt come in until like 2:30pm though...so i will get back to you.

Personally i think it is a great sign...cause after i got accepted to the other schools i applied to...the next thing they sent me were financial aid forms to see if i was a candidate for any loans or scholarship money.

i wouldnt celebrate yet...but things are def looking up. Good for you.

i got the forms awhile back and still haven't gotten an interview

I just decided to apply to both the IMS AND MSP programs. I have a 2.9 cum and science gpa and a 28Q mcat. Do you think I'd be a competative applicant this late? I was accepted to PCOM's biomedical sciences program and if I don't get into drexel I'll do that.

you are def a more then qualified candidate for the IMS program. Not so much the MSP. I dont think they would accept someone with that high of an MCAT score into the MSP program.

You have to think what you really want...the DO or MD at the end of your name. I was accepted to PCOM's biomed program too and i will be heading there if i dont get in at Drexel.

After visiting PCOM and talking to Kari, the head of admissions, it sounds like you would be a def "shoe in" to their DO program. You are guaranteed an interview halfway through your first year of the masters program. Your MCAT score, now, is high enough to be accepted into the majority, if not ALL, of the DO programs out there...you got it made. All you would have to do his do well in all the biomedical courses leading up to your interview at PCOM.

I got the financial aid letter last Saturday.

I just got the call!

I'm accepted to the IMS program!

Anyone have a comparison/critique with respect to the Georgetown SMP?

i know if you go drexel smp to drexel med, they credit the courses you took; does any other program do this? i.e. georgetown smp to georgetown med; OR, if you go to a school different from your smp school, do they take course credit?

also, how does this simulcast lecture thing work out for people who are already in the program? have you guys heard anything about how that works, in terms of classmates, professors, etc.? it doesnt look like east falls is THAT far away from center city...

thanks!!

i still havent received a call about drexel msp/ims and my application was complete in february. i have a 3.0 science GPA and 3.3 undergraduate w/ a 23R MCAT (9 bio, 8 verbal, 6 Phys). what are my chances of getting in and do you think i should keep calling them about it?

ok update. i just called and they said im on the list to be interviewed and that they'll call me next week to set one up. ahhhhhhhhh i hope we all get in

Congrats AspiringDoc. From you stats it sounds like you have a great shot.

I was in Philly today and I stopped by Drexel. They were very helpful everywhere except the admissions office, hahaha. The admissions office was very nice and they directed me to the finaid place, but other than that the lady could not answer any of my questions. I left there feeling kinda worried, but the Student Resource Center was very helpful. I was able to get the number to the Stiles Alumni Hall Residence director and she let me come over and see a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartments are VERY small, but the building is nice. For anyone considering living at Stiles I would recommend bringing a twinsize bed, if you can. A full bed would fit fine, but the rooms are about 10'X12'. If you don't mind your bed taking up most of the room, then a full bed would work. The closet is a metal cabinet and it is VERY small (about 3' wide), so make sure you bring other storage spaces for clothing. Also, in the apartment I saw, in each bedroom, one wall was all windows. One wall in the common area was all windows, as well.

Good luck to everyone!!!!:luck:

I just finished my interview.
Very fast, my interview was 17 minutes with questions... :scared:
I talk way too fast, especially when I am nervous.
I asked 4-5 questions...i don't know, hopefully it went well.
I did not have Chris, I had Shawn (hopefully i spelt that right), he was in the ims program and is going to apply next year.
He said that I should be hearing back in 2 weeks.

Hopefully we hear back from them soon
Good Luck to everyone...

Good luck Hass! Everyone who has interviewed in the past few weeks will probably hear something before May is over - that is what happened if you look at the posts from last year. :)

so i just got back my mcat scores from april and i went up from a 23 to a 25. do you think this will help or hurt my chances of getting into dmps? bc i know a big part of their curriculumn is improvement on mcat and im sure there are other candidates out there that could benefit more from the dmps program than me. what sucks is that my score is less than IMS requirements. thoughts?

also what kind of questions do they ask you during interviews?

aspiringdoc,
first of all, congratulations on ur improved score. I think you might be overqu alified for DPMS program due to higher MCAT (more than 24) unless u had a section below 6. u should double check with Dr. Walker...I wish u well

thank you! i was also wondering if you guys know...do med schools take the best scores if you've taken the mcat twice. my PS and Bio went up but my verbal went DOWN...im so devastated about that. just wondering if you guys have heard anything about policies for different schools. thanks!

Well, i just called drexel to check on my application status (i interviewed about 2 weeks ago) and found out i was accepted to the IMS program!!! im pretty excited, but i was just wondering about living situations? i'm planning on being in colorado untill the end of july (not sure when classes start yet), so i'm kinda worried about finding a place to live... anyone have any suggestions on an appartment? feel free to PM me

So, i just sent in my deposit for the MSP program :hardy:

so its been two weeks since my phone interview and i haven't received any type of phone notification or anything through the mail...

so i called to check the status of my application and the guy at the office told me that the committee hasnt met yet...and it might be another couple of weeks before they decide!!!!

has anyone, whose phone interview was around the same time as mine, get notified yet?

hang in there everyone! I have a good feeling that everyone who has interviewed has a *really* great shot at getting accepted. I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya'll!

The deposit is $500 and it has to be a money order. It will be applied to your tuition in the fall. The only way you can get your deposit back (if you chose not to go to Drexel) is by showing proof of acceptance into medical school.

Has anyone here applied to the evening post-bacc program? Or know anyone who applied to the evening program? Im getting nervous because of all you guys hearing back from the IMS and MSP progams and I havent heard ANYTHING ( I had too call them to make sure they got my app) from them. Time is of the essence and I need to plan out my next year!!

does anyone know when the date when school starts for the IMS program? They told me I'm accepted over the phone, but I have not recieved a packet from the school yet.

Also, where are people living who got into the program!?!? i'm getting pretty worried about firguring this out...

ehbeck,

Look for an email from Drexel. I was under the impression that they were going to send everything thru snail mail, but all I got thru snail mail was a letter congratulating me and a memo telling me about what i needed to send in to the school.

As far as housing...Stiles Alumni Hall is the grad housing at center city. Here is the link: http://www.drexel.edu/housing/halls/Stiles/default.asp.

That might take some worries away. Stiles is where I want to live, except I am dreading that I am going to get a difficult roommate! They said they do not have any 1 bedroom apts left (and they also have a long waiting list). So, I am hoping for a 2 bedroom apt.

Does the Drexel MSP program offer its students a spot at Drexel Med School if certain requirements are fulfilled, kinda like the DPMS program? If so then what are the requirements?