Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds like you had a good interview. I wonder if the fact that ur a reapplicant will boost your application at all? Good luck!!!!!!! :luck:

I'm not sure about it helping....my interviewer just asked me what I had done since I last applied and I told him that I was taking post-bac classes and he seemed to indicate that that was a good thing since I had done pretty well (3.67). I think he just wanted to make sure I did something productive and was still willing to put in the work with or without the program. He did ask me what my plans were if I didn't get into the program and I told him that I was accepted to another smp already..if anything, that may be what negatively impacts my app. since a lot of people either only applied to Drexel, or haven't gotten in anywhere else and Drexel is their last hope. We'll see though.

I can't believe you heard the day after your interview crumbelievable!! That is some sort of world record for Drexel! :laugh: You must be so relieved! And now the real anxiety sets in....where to live...

-PlAnEjaNe

Members don't see this ad.

To everyone who has been accepted to the MSP program,

Other then current problems with finding a place to live...anyone figure out what needs to be done to find out whether we are eligible to receive some loans to pay for tuition, etc. ?

I filled out my FASFA form ages ago and drexel has that information. From my understanding, its from this FASFA form that drexel will determine what specific loans, fellowships, grants the student can receive.

Has anyone been told, from the financial aid office at drexel, that they are eligible for any of these resources to fund their graduate experience?

I have set a meeting to meet with someone from the drexel financial aid office to discuss this matter.

If anyone has already been notified that they are going to receive some type of financial assistance...how did you find out? Who told you? What kind of loans did you receive?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks!!!!

hardwork732,

I went to see the fin aid rep yesterday and she said that they are in the process of packaging financial aid now for us, and we should get an award letter (If you filled out the FAFSA early enough) in about 3 weeks or so telling us what aid we are eligible for.

hope this helps.

also, I was also wondering about books we may need to purchase in advance and all that stuff, and I was told we would get info. on that probably like mid-July or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe you heard the day after your interview crumbelievable!! That is some sort of world record for Drexel! :laugh: You must be so relieved! And now the real anxiety sets in....where to live...

-PlAnEjaNe

yeh, i cant believe it either. i was planning on cancelling my vacation abroad during the first two weeks of july because i figured i still wouldnt have known where im going to be in september. now hopefully, if housing works out, i can go on what seems like it might be the last vacation i can go on for a while . . .

i was reading on the drexel housing website that applications for housing need to be in by june 15. does anyone know if this applies to stiles too? that doesnt make too much sense to me since the application to the msp/ims programs isnt until july 13.

thanks

yeh, i cant believe it either. i was planning on cancelling my vacation abroad during the first two weeks of july because i figured i still wouldnt have known where im going to be in september. now hopefully, if housing works out, i can go on what seems like it might be the last vacation i can go on for a while . . .

i was reading on the drexel housing website that applications for housing need to be in by june 15. does anyone know if this applies to stiles too? that doesnt make too much sense to me since the application to the msp/ims programs isnt until july 13.

thanks

yes it does apply to stiles. applications after the 15th are placed on a waitlist. i just spoke to the front desk at stiles and they place people who applied prior to the 15th to ensure those who applied early have a place (not just people recently accepted but 2nd years and such.)

So is everyone going to live at Stiles? Are there any other options? Whether its on or off campus housing? :confused: Thanx everyone.

hardwork732,

I went to see the fin aid rep yesterday and she said that they are in the process of packaging financial aid now for us, and we should get an award letter (If you filled out the FAFSA early enough) in about 3 weeks or so telling us what aid we are eligible for.

hope this helps.

also, I was also wondering about books we may need to purchase in advance and all that stuff, and I was told we would get info. on that probably like mid-July or so.

The lady I spoke with said we'd get packages in July, too. I am nervous about that!!!

I'm wondering about books, too!

So is everyone going to live at Stiles? Are there any other options? Whether its on or off campus housing? :confused: Thanx everyone.

I am. They actually just sent me my room assignment. There is no roommate listed, tho, but it is a 2 bedroom apartment.

Im thinking of living off campus, scratch that, I know Im living off campus...Anyone know if the Chancellor properties building is any good, they have decent rates and are only a block away from school. I think Im gonna visit philly this monday to check it out and hopefully come out with a signed lease!

If anybody knows anything about other apt buildings close to school please let me know about it! Also the only thing I've gotten so far from Drexel has been the congrats letter and memo for what to send, i've yet to recieve an email or a package or anything, I did however go to the website provided in the letter for all the deposit info and immunization etc...

yes it does apply to stiles. applications after the 15th are placed on a waitlist. i just spoke to the front desk at stiles and they place people who applied prior to the 15th to ensure those who applied early have a place (not just people recently accepted but 2nd years and such.)

i just received an email from someone from housing and she said that the june 15 deadline only applies to current students and does not apply to incoming students for the msp program. . . i wonder what the real deal is? (it would be unfair if what you were told is true because it's not the applicant's fault when they were accepted. i had my application to the msp program completed by February 3 and didnt interview until this past monday.)

im planning on going down to philadelphia next week and i was planning on looking at chancellor apts too. . . . let us know how it goes

Hey guys,

I've got a room in a 3 bedroom house in Manayunk (suburb right outside the city). PCOM was my 2nd choice and i didnt know if i would ever hear back from Drexel so i went ahead and started looking for available rooms that would allow me to get to both schools rather easily.

I'm living with two DO med students from PCOM. In a way it will be beneficial because i can always refer to them when it comes time to applying to med schools.

I'm paying $550 a month for rent + about $100 for utilities. I got a big living room with a wrap-around couch. A nice size kitchen, a nice sized side deck for lounging and plus i have my own room. Not a bad deal for the amount of money i am spending. It will be about a 10 min drive to center city. Parking may be a problem but i have family in philly, i am sure i will figure out something clever to get around those problems.

I know living in Stiles would the MOST CONVENIENT option for everyone. But if your paying for graduate school yourself...it might be cheaper to get a couple of roommates and find a place of your own to cut costs. You will end up getting a lot more for your money then Stiles will provide for you. Just my thoughts on this one. I was lucky enough to stumble across this living opportunity when i did. I actually used PCOM's resources to find my current living situation.

I actually received a lot of information from PCOM when i got accepted...talking about neighboring towns that their students live in. Here are the descriptions of these "neighboring" towns outside of center city for all you "non-locals".

Again these neighborhoods might be closer to PCOM then Drexel, but just in case people get screwed over with housing in Stiles, these are some neighborhoods that provide plenty of housing options for us.

Wynnefield: the area is known by many different names (including Wynnefield Heights, Balwynne Park, and Belmont Terrace). Although it is driving distance from the center of Philadelphia, residents enjoy many of the city's conveniences.

Overbrook: This area is a few blocks south down City Avenue: it begins at about 54th street and City Avenue. The neighborhood borders St. Joseph's University campus.

East Falls, Roxborough, & Manayunk: These three neighborhoods are within very close proximity to each other on the east side of the Schuylkill River. These neighborhoods are a popular choice for students because of the bars, restaurants, galleries, and other resources that make the Manayunk area a trendy Philadelphia hotspot.

Bala Cynwyd: just another town that provides available housing.

Ardmore, Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Narberth: This clustering of suburbs is called the "Main Line" because of the area's close proximity to the R5 Septa line. The rent is typically higher, and the distance from the city is farther. Morning traffic can tend to make travel into the city difficult. * I have buddy who lives in Narberth. There is literally a train station right in the middle of town that takes you right into center city...it was very convenient when we went downtown for a night of fun.

SO EVEN IF YOU ARE STUCK LIVING IN A TOWN THAT IS FAR FROM CENTER CITY...YOU CAN ALWAYS GET INTO THE CITY BY WAY OF THE TRAIN OR EVEN THE BUS. THERE IS A LOT OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN THESE TOWNS.

I hope this helps everyone out!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey guys,

I've got a room in a 3 bedroom house in Manayunk (suburb right outside the city). PCOM was my 2nd choice and i didnt know if i would ever hear back from Drexel so i went ahead and started looking for available rooms that would allow me to get to both schools rather easily.

I'm living with two DO med students from PCOM. In a way it will be beneficial because i can always refer to them when it comes time to applying to med schools.

I'm paying $550 a month for rent + about $100 for utilities. I got a big living room with a wrap-around couch. A nice size kitchen, a nice sized side deck for lounging and plus i have my own room. Not a bad deal for the amount of money i am spending. It will be about a 10 min drive to center city. Parking may be a problem but i have family in philly, i am sure i will figure out something clever to get around those problems.

Wow, good deal hardwork!!!! I've already sealed the deal with Stiles. I plan on looking around at different places next year and hopefully getting an off campus apartment w/some people for the IMS year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am def. going to live off campus. I'm thinking about getting a one bedroom apartment somewhere close to campus but I still have take a trip to Philly and check some out. The Chancellor apts seem like a good suggestion and so does Manayunk. I did my undergrad right outside Philly so I am somewhat familiar with the area. Even though I'm thinking about living alone, I would love to live close (maybe even in the same apt complex) as all you other MSPers, so let me know what you all decide! Good luck!

Anybody who was accepted to the MSP program get any notification, in the mail, about what kind of financial aid they are getting??????????

Anybody who was accepted to the MSP program get any notification, in the mail, about what kind of financial aid they are getting??????????

Hey hardwork, I was told we wouldn't be getting packages until July. Cindy McHugh is the name of the lady I s/w at the FinAid office when I was in Philly. Her email is [email protected]. She was very helpful. :)

okay so I went to phili yesterday around noon...I forgot how confusing it was to get to the new college building...my gps was just making me drive in circles, but I finally parked illegally and started walking to the building. I handed in my forms and my deposit and went to stiles apartments. When people on sdn said they were small they were not kidding at all. The common area can only accommodate a TV and a sofa nothing else or youll impede traffic to and from the kitchen. I do not understand why the bathroom is so large. I wish they made the kitchen larger instead or something to that effect. But, I would rather have the small apartment then commute. There was just so much traffic and no parking at all on the side streets. The hospital is right next door, so the congestion is really from the hospital and not from Drexel. Parking is really expensive, but I don't know how much per month it would be. So, with the parking from stiles I will actually be saving a little bit of money on parking. If anyone is in need of a roommate and will be living in stiles just let me know, I am in msp so...

does ne one know how many times per week there is class? what time does class start and what time does it end? thanx

Kool. Thanks a lot. Does anyone know if all the classes are available online? Or do you have to go to every single class?

the classes are online.

haas, i wasnt aware of a parking situation with stiles. i thought there wasnt any.

the classes are online.

haas, i wasnt aware of a parking situation with stiles. i thought there wasnt any.

There isn't. I know I read somewhere that there was, but I just emailed someone that works in the resident office and they said that there is no parking, but she did give me a phone number for a parking garage. So, I'm not going to be keeping my car in Philly. My dad does a lot of business in the Philly area so he has a studio apartment in King of Prussia - I'm going to keep my car there. At least it will be close by if I need it. :)

There isn't. I know I read somewhere that there was, but I just emailed someone that works in the resident office and they said that there is no parking, but she did give me a phone number for a parking garage. So, I'm not going to be keeping my car in Philly. My dad does a lot of business in the Philly area so he has a studio apartment in King of Prussia - I'm going to keep my car there. At least it will be close by if I need it. :)

oh yea...great...i don't know if I am going to bring my car to phili now. I really do not think that I would need it. When i went to phili i did not see any side streets that had no meters. I really do not feel like paying a parking garage money...Did you find how much a month or year DrSumdae?

oh yea...great...i don't know if I am going to bring my car to phili now. I really do not think that I would need it. When i went to phili i did not see any side streets that had no meters. I really do not feel like paying a parking garage money...Did you find how much a month or year DrSumdae?

I was looking at a Park America website yesterday and they were showing something like $230/month for parking (I don't remember an exact value.) It is not cheap. But, living in Stiles you definatly won't need a car to get to class (heck, you're so close you really can't use a car to get to class, it would take longer! :laugh:)

I was looking at a Park America website yesterday and they were showing something like $230/month for parking (I don't remember an exact value.) It is not cheap. But, living in Stiles you definatly won't need a car to get to class (heck, you're so close you really can't use a car to get to class, it would take longer! :laugh:)

yea thats so true, but the convenience of a car...if you need to go somewhere you can just go, going home once in a while would be a lot easier, and not depending on people would be nice. But still 230 is a lot to spend...
:idea:i would rather just take tickets and just hope that it would be less than 230 a month. Over meter parking $26.00 and No parking $31.00. Hopefully phili is just like Newark that if you have a ticket they wont give you another ticket...so after you get a ticket just move your car and place that same ticket on the car and hopefully they wont look twice :laugh:
i guess you just have to get lucky some times...

Congratulations to all our future classmates. I'm glad the MSP program is moving so much faster.:D

I have a question about the deposit. Has anyone aside from Dr. Sumdae already sent it in? Being in Greece I can't check my mail and my grandma who doesn't speak English opened a letter for me from Drexel this past Saturday June 16, and it supposedly says I have to send a 500 dollar check by this Wednesday, June 20th :eek: and I won't be back to the States until Friday June 22nd. Did anyone receive something similar? I e-mailed the department and hopefully they'll get back to me. I'll try calling as well but considering I am 7 hours ahead it's difficult for me to get ahold of somebody. I would greatly appreciate a response from you guys letting me know what the actual deadline is for the deposit.

I could also give them my credit card number and maybe I could pay the deposit that way instead of through a check which by now would take way too long to get there anyway.

Congratulations to all our future classmates. I'm glad the MSP program is moving so much faster.:D

I have a question about the deposit. Has anyone aside from Dr. Sumdae already sent it in? Being in Greece I can't check my mail and my grandma who doesn't speak English opened a letter for me from Drexel this past Saturday June 16, and it supposedly says I have to send a 500 dollar check by this Wednesday, June 20th :eek: and I won't be back to the States until Friday June 22nd. Did anyone receive something similar? I e-mailed the department and hopefully they'll get back to me. I'll try calling as well but considering I am 7 hours ahead it's difficult for me to get ahold of somebody. I would greatly appreciate a response from you guys letting me know what the actual deadline is for the deposit.

I could also give them my credit card number and maybe I could pay the deposit that way instead of through a check which by now would take way too long to get there anyway.

You should def. call them and let them know your circumstances. They want a cashier's check or MO, only. I would think they would be willing to give you an extension or something. Good luck! I'd love to go to Greece someday!

i have placed my 500 dollar deposit for the IMS program. You need to get that deposit in by the deadline to hold on to your seat/acceptance. Either send a money order, or wire it or something. Get it in!

I was just curious as to if anybody heard about interviews and/or acceptances this week for the MSP program. My application was complete as of last Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything... I called today and the person I spoke to said that my application is complete and that there were no "red flags" and that I should hearwhether or not I am going to have an interview next week sometime...

I was previously "on hold" and someone called me today to set up an interview for Friday so say a prayer for me everyone.

I was just curious as to if anybody heard about interviews and/or acceptances this week for the MSP program. My application was complete as of last Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything... I called today and the person I spoke to said that my application is complete and that there were no "red flags" and that I should hearwhether or not I am going to have an interview next week sometime...

I got an invite for an interview today.

I'm still waiting too, but I interviewed over a week ago. So, I guess we all just have to be patient and keep the prayers coming. If you want to know the status of your application, they're pretty good about answering whatever questions you have if you call.

Dsche,
It took several weeks before I was invited for an interview. In addition, I only found out because I called them. So, I wouldn't be alarmed or expect things to happen that quickly. Good luck though!

I know people have been wondering about expenses. Here is the breakdown:
Expected Direct Costs:
Tuition $16,740
Fees $622
TOTAL: $17,362

Possible Additional Expenses
(This category are costs that most studenst incure during the year but are not charged by the school to the students account):
Books and Supplies $1,200
Transportation $2,750
Average Room and Board $14,250
Misc/Personal: $4,180
TOTAL: $22,380
(Some of that sounds sort of high for my needs, like the transportation...i really hope I am not going to be spending that much!)
I got a both the Sub and Unsub stafford loans and a list of addition funding sources (which I will be using!)

So, basically what they do is award u the staffords and then give you the option to get more $ if you need it. 'Scuse me while i go sell a kidney!! :laugh::rolleyes:
They also sent a booklet along w/my award package...i have not looked thru that yet.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! Hang in there! :luck:

I was in Philly today meeting with the financial Aid people to discuss what kind of loans i should be expecting to get. I havent received my financial aid package yet so i decided to make things happen and drive to Philly to find out for myself :mad::mad::mad:.

Talked to a very nice woman named Marcia. Ok so here is the breakdown for all of you who have no idea what to expect to get in terms of financial aid.

If you are financially independent from your parents and havent had a job where you made a significant amount of money in the past, AND you still don't have any outstanding loans to finish paying...then most likely you will receive the maximum amount of financial assistance through federal stafford loans. Meaning you will receive $8500 in subsidized stafford loans and $12000 in unsubsidized stafford loans. Thus, you will receive $20,500 to cover tuition costs.

Being that tuition is about $17300...that leaves about an extra $3200 dollars to put towards living expenses, books, parking, misc...etc.

NOW if you are organized...you need make up a estimated budget, for the year, on what kind of money you'll need to cover your other expenses (other then tuition).

So say you need an extra $15000 to cover all other expenses. You already received an extra $3200 from your federal stafford loans (which you can have drexel do a direct deposit of this extra money right into your account) therefore you can apply for a Graduate Federal PLUS loan to cover the remaining $11800 you would need for the year.

A Graduate Federal PLUS loan is an extra avenue students can use specifically for this reason (to cover remaining expenses outside of tuition). By going online through the drexel website you can fill out the form they for this type of loan. This loan will not be given to you by just filling out the FASFA form....it has nothing to do with this form. You need to fill out a totally new form (which you can get on the website) to get access to the Graduate Federal PLUS loan.

Depending on whether you are granted money from this extra resource really depends on your credit history. If you have bad credit then forget about getting any money. If you have decent or good credit then you can get the remaining $11800 you needed (from our example) to cover all your other costs.

There is NO MORE MONEY through Perkins Loans...so don't count on getting any money through these types of loans.

Here is some more good news for you incoming students about the parking situation...this is a must read :D:D:D

So for all of you, who are living in Stiles, that really wanted to bring a car to drexel but after seeing how much it costs, to park in the garage, had second thoughts...i have great news (cause im smart as **** by the way!!!).

It costs $150 a month to park in the garage right across the street from the new college building where we will be taking classes...INSANE!

It costs $200 a semester to park your car in the parking lot at the Drexel Medical School in East Falls.

A shuttle drives back and forth from the Medical School to Hahnamman Hospital (which is right next to the new college building) from 5am to about 9pm Monday thru Friday every week.

Therefore even though you wont be using your car as much (since you live right across the street from the building that you will take classes at)...you don't have to totally abandon your car.

You only pay $400 for the year for parking...whenever you need your car to get something done around the city...you take the free shuttle back to the Medical School where it is at and go get it...IT IS SO SIMPLE AND FINANCIALLY SUPERIOR TO ALL OTHER POSSIBLE PARKING PLANS.

I live in Manayunk and i def didnt want to drive into the city everyday. So i went over to security at the Medical School and they told me a lot of students pay for the year of parking and leave their cars in the medical school parking lot and just take the shuttle back and forth to and from center city to take care of what they need to do.

So instead of fighting morning traffic and possible parking problems in center city...i can just park at the medical school and take the shuttle into center city where we take classes.

Garage Parking = $150 x 12 months = $1800

Parking at Med school = $400 for the year

Meter Parking (if you can find one) = probably something above $1800!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also,

We are allowed access to all the Drexel Medical School Facilities (library, study areas, computer labs, GYM, etc.). All you have to do is take the free shuttle to the medical school...its so simple :D:D:D

I was in Philly today meeting with the financial Aid people to discuss what kind of loans i should be expecting to get. I havent received my financial aid package yet so i decided to make things happen and drive to Philly to find out for myself :mad::mad::mad:.

Talked to a very nice woman named Marcia. Ok so here is the breakdown for all of you who have no idea what to expect to get in terms of financial aid.

If you are financially independent from your parents and havent had a job where you made a significant amount of money in the past, AND you still don't have any outstanding loans to finish paying...then most likely you will receive the maximum amount of financial assistance through federal stafford loans. Meaning you will receive $8500 in subsidized stafford loans and $12000 in unsubsidized stafford loans. Thus, you will receive $20,500 to cover tuition costs.

Being that tuition is about $17300...that leaves about an extra $3200 dollars to put towards living expenses, books, parking, misc...etc.

NOW if you are organized...you need make up a estimated budget, for the year, on what kind of money you'll need to cover your other expenses (other then tuition).

So say you need an extra $15000 to cover all other expenses. You already received an extra $3200 from your federal stafford loans (which you can have drexel do a direct deposit of this extra money right into your account) therefore you can apply for a Graduate Federal PLUS loan to cover the remaining $11800 you would need for the year.

A Graduate Federal PLUS loan is an extra avenue students can use specifically for this reason (to cover remaining expenses outside of tuition). By going online through the drexel website you can fill out the form they for this type of loan. This loan will not be given to you by just filling out the FASFA form....it has nothing to do with this form. You need to fill out a totally new form (which you can get on the website) to get access to the Graduate Federal PLUS loan.

Depending on whether you are granted money from this extra resource really depends on your credit history. If you have bad credit then forget about getting any money. If you have decent or good credit then you can get the remaining $11800 you needed (from our example) to cover all your other costs.

There is NO MORE MONEY through Perkins Loans...so don't count on getting any money through these types of loans.

Nicely said! That was good timing with my FinAid post and your FinAid post!

You only pay $400 for the year for parking...
Garage Parking = $150 x 12 months = $1800

Parking at Med school = $400 for the year

Meter Parking (if you can find one) = probably something above $1800!!!

Having someone post all this info for us on the boards: PRICESLESS! Thanks *so* much hardwork! (your name suits you...:laugh:)

Also,

We are allowed access to all the Drexel Medical School Facilities (library, study areas, computer labs, GYM, etc.). All you have to do is take the free shuttle to the medical school...its so simple :D:D:D

GYM!!!!! Yay :) I was considering trying some martial arts lessons if I have the time/money - anyone have experience w/karate? I don't really know much about it.

If you are worried about leaving your car in the city, and it costing too much, you can also check out Philly Car Share (phillycarshare.org). I have never tried it but it seems really convenient and not too expensive. The website has a ton of details. You can get a car for a short time, like if you just need to run to the grocery store, or for a day or two if you want to take a weekend trip to the shore. And a lot of the cars they use are hybrids, so you wont have to pay too much for gas. Hope that helps!

Wow, I thought I was on top of all of the info, Hardwork, you got me beat!
Thanks for the heads up on fin aid DrSumdae (i think im gonna sell a kidney, or either eat peanut butter and jelly every day... no bread just out of the jars) haha:laugh:

Just wanted to announce.....I received the call today that I got into the MSP program! So, I'll be seeing you in August!

abyshaky, I also had my interview almost 2 weeks ago. So, I wish you the best of luck and try to be patient. I know it's hard...

Just wanted to announce.....I received the call today that I got into the MSP program! So, I'll be seeing you in August!

abyshaky, I also had my interview almost 2 weeks ago. So, I wish you the best of luck and try to be patient. I know it's hard...

dr. pinky, when they called you did they leave a message or were you there for the call? I got a call today from Chris, the guy who interviewed me, saying that there was a 'change in the status of my application' what does that mean???? I am nervous now. I tried calling them back but it was 1:30 in the afternoon here on the west coast by the time I called...I guess everyone had left for the day since it was 4:30 EST (I missed the call because I was out having an afternoon swim...got some great sun!! :D).

Well, congratulations dr pinky!!! BTW what were your stats if you don't mind me asking???

-PlAnEjaNe

Edit: I have to mention this because it is so serendipitous, I put in another post how I interviewed (around 2 weeks ago as well) and that my interviewer told me that I would hear in 2-3 weeks...well, basically I scoffed at that notion since it took so long for me to get the interview. I believe my words were something like 'not holding my breath for that'...I wonder...does this mean I should have held my breath?

dr. pinky, when they called you did they leave a message or were you there for the call? I got a call today from Chris, the guy who interviewed me, saying that there was a 'change in the status of my application' what does that mean???? I am nervous now. I tried calling them back but it was 1:30 in the afternoon here on the west coast by the time I called...I guess everyone had left for the day since it was 4:30 EST (I missed the call because I was out having an afternoon swim...got some great sun!! :D).

QUOTE]

You probably got in!! :) I don't think they'd call you to reject you (??)

PlAnEjaNe,
I've got to agree with DrSumdae on this one. In my case, I was here to get the call because I was on the phone with someone else at the time. The exact words used were "There has been an update on your status" prior to the acceptance. I would definitely give them a call tomorrow to follow up. :thumbup: It sounds like they want to get you on the phone to tell you the good news rather than leaving it on voicemail.

Well, congratulations dr pinky!!! BTW what were your stats if you don't mind me asking???

-PlAnEjaNe

Edit: I have to mention this because it is so serendipitous, I put in another post how I interviewed (around 2 weeks ago as well) and that my interviewer told me that I would hear in 2-3 weeks...well, basically I scoffed at that notion since it took so long for me to get the interview. I believe my words were something like 'not holding my breath for that'...I wonder...does this mean I should have held my breath?

PlAnEjaNe,
I've got to agree with DrSumdae on this one. In my case, I was here to get the call because I was on the phone with someone else at the time. The exact words used were "There has been an update on your status" prior to the acceptance. I would definitely give them a call tomorrow to follow up. :thumbup: It sounds like they want to get you on the phone to tell you the good news rather than leaving it on voicemail.

Thanks dr pinky and dr sumdae :D
Now I have to decide between BU MAMS, UMDNJ, and Drexel MSP (if what you say is true!).

-PlAnEjaNe

does anyone know when the first tuition payment is due? i havent received any information from drexel yet. im going away next week until the middle of july and i dont want to miss any deadlines.
thanks

BU MAMS is just like drexel's IMS program. The only thing more beneficial about boston's program is that they tend to accept more students into the medical school from their BU MAMS program then drexel does from their IMS program....

If your MCAT score is still lagging then I believe you should do the Drexel MSP program...you can't beat almost a full year of preparation along with further increasing your academic credentials.

UMDNJ is just hard graduate science courses...with the option of possibly taking 1-2 medical school courses. Plus there isn't any MCAT help with this program as well.

UMDNJ tends to accept more NJ state students into their medical school programs then out-of-state students (something to keep in mind). ALSO UMDNJ is kind of sketchy, in general. They got themselves in big financial trouble last year due to shady practices...something you might want to research online.

Thanks dr pinky and dr sumdae :D
Now I have to decide between BU MAMS, UMDNJ, and Drexel MSP (if what you say is true!).

-PlAnEjaNe

If i was in your situation, I would choose BU. I think i'd like Boston more than Philly. If the MCAT prep with MSP isn't that big a deal to you, then BU would be my suggestion based on cities. I'm from Cali as well, and I think Boston would be more like SF/LA than Philly is. just a thought however.

I have a 3.1 GPA and 28Q MCAT

Is IMS a good option for me if I leave the MCAT as-is? I would apply for medschool 2008.

Also, I've been accepted into Tulane's Genetics Masters, U of NJ, and Loyola of Chicago's MAMs program.

Anyone know how these stack up to Drexel? Which one is the best?

Yay :clap: we have more and more classmates. Congratulations to all those newly accepted. Your worries will soon move from "Will I get in?" to "Where will I live?" That's my worry currently, anyway.

I am back in the States. Yay! and I was going through all the paperwork from Drexel's financial aid office. Does anyone have any idea how many credits we're taking per semester? It doesn't say on the website. I appreciate the help since I'll try to get this form out today.

Thanks again :)