Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwings54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just trying to find out some info about the MSP program at Drexel. I have an interview at my top choice school now, UNECOM, a DO school, but am looking at backup plans for the fall. I have a 3.04 GPA, 2.83 science. I was a chem major and have roughly 72 hours of science credits AMCAS or 60 hours for AACOMAS. I took the MCAT in 2002, got a 25, and then in 2003 and got a 24, all even. I have some pretty good ECs and have clinical experience as well. I really am ok with applying to osteopathic schools as I like the philosophy, OMT and I truly want to practice primary care.

With my stats, do I have a chance? I was also wondering if most people who did the program applied the year they were in the program or waited an extra year because they had to take the April MCAT anyway? How successful were past applicants at matriculating at a school? Any advice anyone might have, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

redwings54 said:
Hey guys. Just trying to find out some info about the MSP program at Drexel. I have an interview at my top choice school now, UNECOM, a DO school, but am looking at backup plans for the fall. I have a 3.04 GPA, 2.83 science. I was a chem major and have roughly 72 hours of science credits AMCAS or 60 hours for AACOMAS. I took the MCAT in 2002, got a 25, and then in 2003 and got a 24, all even. I have some pretty good ECs and have clinical experience as well. I really am ok with applying to osteopathic schools as I like the philosophy, OMT and I truly want to practice primary care.

With my stats, do I have a chance? I was also wondering if most people who did the program applied the year they were in the program or waited an extra year because they had to take the April MCAT anyway? How successful were past applicants at matriculating at a school? Any advice anyone might have, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

With your stats and experience you have a good chance at an acceptance at UNECOM. I say this because they offered you interview which means you have gotten past the GPA MCAT hurdle and now they want to get to know you. Hopefully you will have a good interview and not have to worry about options. I did the MSP program and most people (almost all) did not apply that year. You prepare all year to take the APRIL mcat to apply the next year. Also if you get a 27+ it would be to your advantage to take the IMS program as well and apply to an allopathic program. Past applicants are very succesful at gaining entrance to numerous medical schools, given they complete the program and get a good GPA/MCAT score.

Hey guys, I was hoping to get a few more responses on here. Anyone else has any info about the Drexel MSP program? Was it successful for you? Did you like it? How is living in Philly? Anything else that might be helpful too. THanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did IMS last year and while it has definitely helped having seen the coursework before I don't feel that it helped me get into the school I am at. To be most beneficial for your application I think it would be best to do the 2 years and get a Master's degree out of it. Otherwise, I would save the money, find either a medically related job or volunteer work if you can swing it and spend the rest of your time getting ready for the MCAT. That is my 20/20 hindsight!

I did the MSP program and I thought it was great! I mean there were a few hangs up here and there with the administration, but other than that its a good program. It works...I definetely saw an improvement in my mcat scores and I was able to enhance my academic record. I'm going through the application process interviewing and all. Good luck in your endeavors!

4theunderserved said:
I did the MSP program and I thought it was great! I mean there were a few hangs up here and there with the administration, but other than that its a good program. It works...I definetely saw an improvement in my mcat scores and I was able to enhance my academic record. I'm going through the application process interviewing and all. Good luck in your endeavors!

I did IMS and was jealous of the MSP people. They had an Exam Cracker class integrated into their coursework. Everyone that took the program seriously seemed to do AWESOME on the MCAT. IMS DEFINATELY worked for me too! :thumbup:

PROS: everyone who took it seriously....
-Did well on MCAT
-Got into VERY good med schools
-Learned at TON about every subject you will have to take during MSI, and some MSII stuff too
-It is a well rounded program
-If you do well, you will have something really good going for you.

CONS:
-very hard to get straight A's.... it is ALOT of work (especially IMS! :scared: )
-Underfunded in the Administrative department....they do their best (which is a very good job), but there aren't enough of them.
-If you do bad, your resume will suffer bigtime...DON"T DO BAD
-$$$ (it's not that expensive, but money is money)

I would do IMS again in a second. Not only was it what my resume needed to get me into medical school, but it helped me grow up really quick. I learned more about myself in one year than I thought was possible.

Can someone clarify what MSP and IMS are? I am applying to the Drexel Post-Bac Premed Program, can anyone shed any light on that program?

Thanks,
Beth

thatguyagain said:
I did IMS and was jealous of the MSP people. They had an Exam Cracker class integrated into their coursework. Everyone that took the program seriously seemed to do AWESOME on the MCAT. IMS DEFINATELY worked for me too! :thumbup:

PROS: everyone who took it seriously....
-Did well on MCAT
-Got into VERY good med schools
-Learned at TON about every subject you will have to take during MSI, and some MSII stuff too
-It is a well rounded program
-If you do well, you will have something really good going for you.

CONS:
-very hard to get straight A's.... it is ALOT of work (especially IMS! :scared: )
-Underfunded in the Administrative department....they do their best (which is a very good job), but there aren't enough of them.
-If you do bad, your resume will suffer bigtime...DON"T DO BAD
-$$$ (it's not that expensive, but money is money)

I would do IMS again in a second. Not only was it what my resume needed to get me into medical school, but it helped me grow up really quick. I learned more about myself in one year than I thought was possible.

Beth_W737 said:
Can someone clarify what MSP and IMS are? I am applying to the Drexel Post-Bac Premed Program, can anyone shed any light on that program?

Thanks,
Beth
The MSP (Medical Science Preparatory) and IMS (Interdepartmental Medical Sciences) programs are both enhancement programs (for those who have already completed the pre-reqs). However, the programs are directed at different types of students.

Drexel's Evening Post-Bac Premed Program is for career-changers--those who still have to fulfill the pre-reqs.

In a nutshell:

Drexel MSP = one-year certificate program for those with lower MCAT scores, but who have completed the pre-reqs. You're required to take the MCAT in April. It's almost like a hybrid postbac enhancement-MCAT review course.

Drexel IMS = Certificate program for those who have competitive MCAT scores (~27 or better), but who still need to prove they can handle the medical school curriculum (in other words, these people have low-to-marginal GPAs or inconsistent academic records). You take most of Drexel's first-year med courses via telecast.

To earn a master's, you have to do one of the following tracks:

1 year Drexel MSP + 1 year Drexel IMS = Master of Biological Sciences

1 year Drexel IMS + additional year of classes and research = Master of Medical Sciences

Phil Anthropist said:
The MSP (Medical Science Preparatory) and IMS (Interdepartmental Medical Sciences) programs are both enhancement programs (for those who have already completed the pre-reqs). However, the programs are directed at different types of students.

Drexel's Evening Post-Bac Premed Program is for career-changers--those who still have to fulfill the pre-reqs.

In a nutshell:

Drexel MSP = one-year certificate program for those with lower MCAT scores, but who have completed the pre-reqs. You're required to take the MCAT in April. It's almost like a hybrid postbac enhancement-MCAT review course.

Drexel IMS = Certificate program for those who have competitive MCAT scores (~27 or better), but who still need to prove they can handle the medical school curriculum (in other words, these people have low-to-marginal GPAs or inconsistent academic records). You take most of Drexel's first-year med courses via telecast.

To earn a master's, you have to do one of the following tracks:

1 year Drexel MSP + 1 year Drexel IMS = Master of Biological Sciences

1 year Drexel IMS + additional year of classes and research = Master of Medical Sciences

So can you get a masters in a year at drexel? What percentage of the IMS and MSP classes are accepted into Drexel at the completion of the program?

So can you get a masters in a year at drexel?
- NO, need to do two years.

What percentage of the IMS and MSP classes are accepted into Drexel at the completion of the program?
- That depends... it reportedly varies a lot from year to year. The administration says 4-35 but I think that is the extremes at both ends. The other hard thing to measure is that by April, most people are either accepted somewhere OR waitlisted. Many of the IMS students that get waitlisted are the students that get accepted 2 weeks before classes start. Point is, I don't even know how many from my own class got accepted as I did not go to Drexel for med school.

MSP is a great program. I have posted a lot in the past on the program and if you want, search my previous posts.
-WISC-ite

If you have any questions, just PM me.

WISC-ite said:

What percentage of the IMS and MSP classes are accepted into Drexel at the completion of the program?
- That depends... it reportedly varies a lot from year to year. The administration says 4-35 but I think that is the extremes at both ends. The other hard thing to measure is that by April, most people are either accepted somewhere OR waitlisted. Many of the IMS students that get waitlisted are the students that get accepted 2 weeks before classes start. Point is, I don't even know how many from my own class got accepted as I did not go to Drexel for med school.

MSP is a great program. I have posted a lot in the past on the program and if you want, search my previous posts.
-WISC-ite

You're right about this one. The bulk of the Drexel Post-Bacc students definately get accepted during the final weeks/months of the summer. It adds quite a bit of stress. I think there are something like 10-20 of the old Drexel Post-Bacc students that are presently ATTENDING Drexel's MSI year. How many got accepted? I don't know. Definately not everyone that got accepted decided to go. Some chose their respective state schools and/or higher ranked private schools instead. I can think of at least 5 people that fall into this category.

So basically, off the top of my head, I can think of about 15-25 students that got accepted into Drexel after doing the Post-Bacc program. I can also think of about 30, off the top of my head, that got accepted into other programs. Keep in mind, that comes from a pooled class (IMS+MSP) totalling about 150 students, and I'm just speaking about the people in class that I knew and talked to. The real numbers would probobly me much higher for each category.

Another advantage of Drexel's Post-Bacc is that their students go off to phenomenal during their MSI year. That fact has been noticed by other surrounding medical schools. It seems there are a few surrounding schools that actually make an effort to interview/accept Drexel Post-Bacc students. It helps boost your odds.

I can't think of anyone that did well in Drexel that got left up the creek without a paddle. Some chose MD, some chose DO....but everyone serious student seemed very happy with their results. Granted they worked their tail off (studied all day every day for a year...literally), but the program always served it's purpose.

I would definately NOT recommend the program if:
1) You need to work a full-time job
2) If you need to work a part-time job you BETTER be smart.... if you fall into this category and are a "slow" student that requires 2x the time to learn something as the next, you may be in trouble (but not doomed)

The strength of Drexel's IMS program (MSP is different) is also what students despise about it. They take all the same classes/teacher/tests/labs as the medical students, but all this stuff is telecast accross town. This means that the IMS students have all the rigor that the med students have, but only 1/3 of the resources. Also, grades are set by the bell curve of the medical students. That means that in order to get an "A" in a class, you need to be smarter than 85% of Drexel's Medical Students.

It's a challenge, but very rewarding in the end.

thatguyagain said:
You're right about this one. The bulk of the Drexel Post-Bacc students definately get accepted during the final weeks/months of the summer. It adds quite a bit of stress. I think there are something like 10-20 of the old Drexel Post-Bacc students that are presently ATTENDING Drexel's MSI year. How many got accepted? I don't know. Definately not everyone that got accepted decided to go. Some chose their respective state schools and/or higher ranked private schools instead. I can think of at least 5 people that fall into this category.

So basically, off the top of my head, I can think of about 15-25 students that got accepted into Drexel after doing the Post-Bacc program. I can also think of about 30, off the top of my head, that got accepted into other programs. Keep in mind, that comes from a pooled class (IMS+MSP) totalling about 150 students, and I'm just speaking about the people in class that I knew and talked to. The real numbers would probobly me much higher for each category.

Another advantage of Drexel's Post-Bacc is that their students go off to phenomenal during their MSI year. That fact has been noticed by other surrounding medical schools. It seems there are a few surrounding schools that actually make an effort to interview/accept Drexel Post-Bacc students. It helps boost your odds.

I can't think of anyone that did well in Drexel that got left up the creek without a paddle. Some chose MD, some chose DO....but everyone serious student seemed very happy with their results. Granted they worked their tail off (studied all day every day for a year...literally), but the program always served it's purpose.

I would definately NOT recommend the program if:
1) You need to work a full-time job
2) If you need to work a part-time job you BETTER be smart.... if you fall into this category and are a "slow" student that requires 2x the time to learn something as the next, you may be in trouble (but not doomed)

The strength of Drexel's IMS program (MSP is different) is also what students despise about it. They take all the same classes/teacher/tests/labs as the medical students, but all this stuff is telecast accross town. This means that the IMS students have all the rigor that the med students have, but only 1/3 of the resources. Also, grades are set by the bell curve of the medical students. That means that in order to get an "A" in a class, you need to be smarter than 85% of Drexel's Medical Students.

It's a challenge, but very rewarding in the end.

do you think it's too late to apply to the IMS program now?

and do you think doing well in the IMS program will give you advantage over doing well in a post-bac/MCAT program since you're taking medical school courses already?

i'm trying to decide if i should complete a masters or undertake a post-bacc. i have all the pre-reqs, etc. but my #'s aren't as competitive (3.2 sci, 3.5 overall, 26 mcat).

WISC-ite said:

-WISC-ite

Hey nice avatar!

I went to IMS last year. I 10 people personally that are in Drexel's MSI this year. If you pool MSP+IMS+MMS that makes about 200+ students. Personally I think those numbers suck, but that's just me. Yeah, some people declined an acceptance like was said earlier, but I'd say around 5. My buddy had a 3.7 something in IMS (graded against their med students!) with a 30+ MCAT and he didn't get in until the week before school. And the fact that he had to study for the MCAT all summer in case he didn't get in made it worse.
Myself, I didn't even end up applying to Drexel.

However I was thinking about it the other day and I'm not regretful I went. It taught me exactly how much I needed to study. The biochem program is extremely strong (the coordinator wrote Lippincot Biochem!) and that has made the hardest and most important class in med school this year cake.
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
One more thing to boot about the MSP program... all year you study for the MCAT and subsequently you LEARN how to prepare for standardized tests....

I did well on the MCAT and then.... I rocked the boards at the end of my second year of med school. So, MSP was helpful for that too.
-WISC-ite

redwings54 said:
Hey guys. Just trying to find out some info about the MSP program at Drexel. I have an interview at my top choice school now, UNECOM, a DO school, but am looking at backup plans for the fall.

A handful of drexelers are first-years here now. One even used his experience to win the election for class-president (it gave him some street cred. :laugh: ) As far as I can tell, they are doing very well with our new curriculum.

jep42 said:
do you think it's too late to apply to the IMS program now?

and do you think doing well in the IMS program will give you advantage over doing well in a post-bac/MCAT program since you're taking medical school courses already?

i'm trying to decide if i should complete a masters or undertake a post-bacc. i have all the pre-reqs, etc. but my #'s aren't as competitive (3.2 sci, 3.5 overall, 26 mcat).

Right now is the right time. It is not too late by any means. Most people start around March, so you are actually quite early. I think the application is just basic info...NO ESSAY :) I didn't even type it, I just wrote in all the info by hand

As to which program you are a better fit for? My opinion is this. If you take IMS and can rock the MCAT, do IMS (it gives you a HUGE advantage to have taken the entire first year of medical school before actually attending medical school). If you think you need some serious help with the MCAT and can't do it independently, do MSP.

I have one warning though. If you do IMS, the April MCAT is NOT an option. You are so buisy with IMS there really isn't much time to do extracurricular MCAT studying. That means you are forced into the August MCAT. I didn't really like taking the August MCAT, because then my applications weren't complete untill October. It added a great deal of stress. It may not even matter though, because in 2007 the MCAT is going to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Check out the AMCAS site. It is going to be 2.5 hours shorter, ONLY offered via computer, offered about 15 times per year, only have 2/3 the amount of questions, and have only 1 essay. It is going to be a little baby exam compared to the old MCAT.

Back to the ponit....On the Drexel Post-Bacc application, there is actually a box you can check to indicate that you will do whatever program THEY feel is most appropriate. That's what I did. I was disgruntled at first about being put in IMS rather than MSP, but I rocked the MCAT (thanks princeton review!) and it all worked out for the best.

thatguyagain said:
Right now is the right time. It is not too late by any means. Most people start around March, so you are actually quite early. I think the application is just basic info...NO ESSAY :) I didn't even type it, I just wrote in all the info by hand

As to which program you are a better fit for? My opinion is this. If you take IMS and can rock the MCAT, do IMS (it gives you a HUGE advantage to have taken the entire first year of medical school before actually attending medical school). If you think you need some serious help with the MCAT and can't do it independently, do MSP.

I have one warning though. If you do IMS, the April MCAT is NOT an option. You are so buisy with IMS there really isn't much time to do extracurricular MCAT studying. That means you are forced into the August MCAT. I didn't really like taking the August MCAT, because then my applications weren't complete untill October. It added a great deal of stress. It may not even matter though, because in 2007 the MCAT is going to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Check out the AMCAS site. It is going to be 2.5 hours shorter, ONLY offered via computer, offered about 15 times per year, only have 2/3 the amount of questions, and have only 1 essay. It is going to be a little baby exam compared to the old MCAT.

Back to the ponit....On the Drexel Post-Bacc application, there is actually a box you can check to indicate that you will do whatever program THEY feel is most appropriate. That's what I did. I was disgruntled at first about being put in IMS rather than MSP, but I rocked the MCAT (thanks princeton review!) and it all worked out for the best.

thanks so much for the reply. i feel less anxious/paranoid now. i'm going to apply and hope i can get in. =)

Wow, thanks for all the helpful info.
I'm preparing the apply for IMS/MSP as well. The telecast thing concerns me greatly however...
I would like to add that there is a personal statement. As well as short answer questions about awards, ECs, and clinical experience. Other than that there is the standard 2 science/1 non-science and/or Health com letters that should be sent in.
The deadline is also pretty late, not like the others.

HopeFaith said:
Wow, thanks for all the helpful info.
I'm preparing the apply for IMS/MSP as well. The telecast thing concerns me greatly however...
I would like to add that there is a personal statement. As well as short answer questions about awards, ECs, and clinical experience. Other than that there is the standard 2 science/1 non-science and/or Health com letters that should be sent in.
The deadline is also pretty late, not like the others.

The telecast should be the least of your worries. It works fine and all the lectures are put up on the web in audio and video to watch later on also. To further put your mind at ease...Drexel University College of Medicine were they to try and put all of the student in one classroom for a lecture could not, they do not have a room big enough to fit their entire class. So, those student would watch the telecast from the adjacent room. My point is most people watch the lectures at home on their computers. Now getting B's or higher in the program is what you really need to worry about. It is HARD.

Can anyone please help me prepare for interview questions? Any info would be greatly appreciated.. thank you..

Hey, if you are interested in DO schools maybe you would be better off in the PCOM Biomedical sciences postbac than at Drexel.

EastCoaster78 said:
Hey, if you are interested in DO schools maybe you would be better off in the PCOM Biomedical sciences postbac than at Drexel.
Funny you say that ... most schools in the area (of philly) recommended Drexel's program over PCOM - and that included an osteopathic school.

If your aim is to get directly into Drexel Med through the program, can you do this after doing 1 year in the program or must you complete both years?

How successful are drexel msp students in getting directly into drexel med?

NRAI2001 said:
If your aim is to get directly into Drexel Med through the program, can you do this after doing 1 year in the program or must you complete both years?

How about can anyone comment on the DPMS program please?

DesiMcatAcer said:
How about can anyone comment on the DPMS program please?

i went to their open house on 3/12th. DPMS is for socioeconomically disadvantaged students with a 3.0 GPA and 20 MCAT (no lower than 6 on each section). there is a narrow range of students accepted into this program, eg - if your MCAT is much higher than 20 but still low, they will recommend you do the MSP. DPMS students have a conditional acceptance into DrexelMed. Before graduation, they have to have a certain GPA and retake the MCAT and get 27/28 or better.

NRAI2001 said:

i think at their open house on 3/12 they said most msp students go on the 2nd year for the mms program before applying. i think they said only like 3 msp students applied in the same year and there was something special or different about them than the normal msp student

Most MSP students go onto the IMS program (not mms) in their lag year. Very few if any apply the same year they take the MCAT. Most medical schools will not accept a April MCAT score. Drexel SOM is one exception I know of and their are others.

The IMS is done during the lag year.

Does anybody know how important the MSP interview is to the admissions evaluation process? I had my phone interview and it was so standard and cold (basically Q&A, no interaction/response) that I did not get that great of an impression and do not know if I left a very good one either.

hopestobe said:
Does anybody know how important the MSP interview is to the admissions evaluation process? I had my phone interview and it was so standard and cold (basically Q&A, no interaction/response) that I did not get that great of an impression and do not know if I left a very good one either.
I had a similar experience with the MSP interview last week. I wondering the same thing. Hear anything back yet? How long did it take? Any info would be great...THanks!

I have not heard anything yet. I am still torn between MSP and taking classes at a calstate for a year to boost my ug gpa. However, the MSP program is known for great mcat scores. I am thinking perhaps if I am accepted into MSP I should do the program to get a good mcat score/grad gpa and then go to a calstate/uc to boost my ug gpa. Does the order make a difference? I hope that we hear back soon b/c I need to make summer school plans. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

hopestobe said:
I have not heard anything yet. I am still torn between MSP and taking classes at a calstate for a year to boost my ug gpa. However, the MSP program is known for great mcat scores. I am thinking perhaps if I am accepted into MSP I should do the program to get a good mcat score/grad gpa and then go to a calstate/uc to boost my ug gpa. Does the order make a difference? I hope that we hear back soon b/c I need to make summer school plans. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

i guess if u have the moolah...moving across country twice would also b expensive. but it might b better off 4 u 2 go into the IMS after MSP. it won't boost that ug gpa and even though i think ug gpa is probably close 2 the #1 or #2 criteria at most schools 4 interviews, it is not the b all end all. look at rxnman's mdapplicants profile, he got into albany with a 2 sth ug gpa, though he did have a spectacular mcat.

it also depends on how much that ug gpa needs 2 b boosted. my ug gpa was horrendous and unless i did 4 years of college over again, i wouldn't move it up that much so i am looking into the IMS if i don't get into med school this year (i had 2 DO out of the 3 schools i applied 2 and 1 MD (drexel) interviews with a <2.4 sci GPA but a 30+ MCAT and grad sci GPA >3.6 if u need some point of reference).

the alchemist said:
i guess if u have the moolah...moving across country twice would also b expensive. but it might b better off 4 u 2 go into the IMS after MSP. it won't boost that ug gpa and even though i think ug gpa is probably close 2 the #1 or #2 criteria at most schools 4 interviews, it is not the b all end all. look at rxnman's mdapplicants profile, he got into albany with a 2 sth ug gpa, though he did have a spectacular mcat.

it also depends on how much that ug gpa needs 2 b boosted. my ug gpa was horrendous and unless i did 4 years of college over again, i wouldn't move it up that much so i am looking into the IMS if i don't get into med school this year (i had 2 DO out of the 3 schools i applied 2 and 1 MD (drexel) interviews with a <2.4 sci GPA but a 30+ MCAT and grad sci GPA >3.6 if u need some point of reference).

Wow you got md and do interviews with a sub 2.4 gpa? How high was your mcat? Was this after doing the IMS or before?

I have looked at some post-bacs but seem to run into programs that either do not have strong structure or are geared towards students who do not have premed prereqs finished, which is why I was drawn to Drexel MSP instead. What are some good post-bacs for students who have done the requirements and how would it differ from taking classes through open university programs? Right now I am at 2.6 sci which I hope to get up to 3.0 making my overall gpa around 3.3-3.4 to apply to allopathic but am unsure of what the best route is. Thank you for all the responses so far, this forum is so helpful!

I'm not sure if this has already been asked and answered, but does anyone know about how long after your phone interview w/ Drexel you will know whether you are rejected or accepted? Have any of you been accepted already? Just sick of being rejected from med schools, and I'd like to know how much longer I have to wait for Drexel's IMS program. Thanks!!!

I just had my interview yesterday for the program. According to my interviewer, you should find out within a month or so right after the committee has reviewed your file.

Thanks for replying! I guess the wait continues.....

NRAI2001 said:
Wow you got md and do interviews with a sub 2.4 gpa? How high was your mcat? Was this after doing the IMS or before?

i PMed u the exact numbers

the next board meeting to review files will be may 22, 2006. i was told that is when a final decision will be made. from what i have been told we should be expecting to hear from them late next week. good luck everyone! : )

Does anyone know how hard it is to find housing around Drexel? Cost range? How is transportation and do a lot of MSP/IMS students end up living together?

hopestobe said:
Does anyone know how hard it is to find housing around Drexel? Cost range? How is transportation and do a lot of MSP/IMS students end up living together?

Most people live in the Stiles residency apartments with other classmates from various programs, nursing, pa, MPH, etc.., Cost is about 800-900 a month. There are other housing options around. Some people live by the medical school in East Falls and catch the shuttle in everday. The shuttle is free. There are subways. I live about 10 minutes away and take the Broad Street line to class sometimes, most times I bike. Yes alot of MSP/IMS students live together.

So, I received a phone call yesterday from Drexel saying that I need to call them to check on the update of my status, and I got into the IMS program!! yay! I was wondering if any of you out there are planning on attending the same program?

redwings54 said:

real dumb question....but what is MSP?

mlemed said:
So, I received a phone call yesterday from Drexel saying that I need to call them to check on the update of my status, and I got into the IMS program!! yay! I was wondering if any of you out there are planning on attending the same program?

Congrats!! :)

I got in/plan to attend as well! See you in August!!! :D

sumozmom said:
real dumb question....but what is MSP?

MSP= Medical Science Preparatory Program.
It's a one year program for people who need to improve their MCAT score before applying.

When ppl mention GPA in these postings, esp those referring to MS/postbac program choices, does it refer to sci or overall?

mlemed said:

So how long did it actually take for you to find out whether you were admitted or not since the time of your interview?

I recently called them ( Last week tues.) they said it depends on when you interview anywhere between 2-3 weeks. I was told they just had a meeting (last friday). Depending when you interview you should be expected to receive info in the next week or so.

I got into the MSP program!!Yay!! For your information, I had my interview on May 18, 2006 and heard from them a week later.