Drexel MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all :)

Anyone who has been accepted (I think the paperwork has to be in, too) can start using the DrexelOne Portal at the Drexel website. You can get your Drexel email address and everything. Not a lot of info is up yet, but it's nice to have a look around.

Got a call yesterday to schedule an interview. I have jury duty next week so I didn't want to schedule it during the week since I have no clue when I'll be available. I ended up scheduling it for July 2nd...

As far as phone interviews go, any advice on how to prepare for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I mentioned before that I wanted a one bedroom apartment, but after looking around at some places I realized that there is no way I can afford that. Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I want to live close to campus, in center city somewhere. I am going to Philly today to check out some places. Please let me know if any of you are still looking for a place too!

So, I mentioned before that I wanted a one bedroom apartment, but after looking around at some places I realized that there is no way I can afford that. Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I want to live close to campus, in center city somewhere. I am going to Philly today to check out some places. Please let me know if any of you are still looking for a place too!

Hey alm, I haven't had a chance to go searching in person, but i'm looking to stay in center city also.

Got a call yesterday to schedule an interview. I have jury duty next week so I didn't want to schedule it during the week since I have no clue when I'll be available. I ended up scheduling it for July 2nd...

As far as phone interviews go, any advice on how to prepare for it?

halekulani,
Go back through the postings on this forum and look for posted interview questions. This tactic will get you through most of the interview, but there will probably be at least a few questions that you don't expect. It shouldn't be difficult though to come up with a good, quick answer to them though. Good luck!

the application process takes a year...therefore you really would need to have done well on the MCAT already. Taking the september '07 MCAT might be a little too late...not sure on this one.

If these are your two possible scenarios then applying to the MSP program would not make any sense at all. The MSP program is for students who need reinforcement in the sciences to not only increase their credentials but to reinforcement the science material that is going to be on the MCAT.

The MSP program also gives 6 hours of free tutoring for the MCAT every week. No other Special Masters Program really offers such opportunity for students to really increase their MCAT scores significantly (if they work hard enough).

MOST MSP students do the 2nd year because the April MCAT is on the back end of the spring med school application process...thus decreasing the chance of these students being accepted into a medical for the 2008/09 year because most medical school programs most likely have filled their classes.

Thus, MSP students do the first year certificate program and take the April 08MCAT. They will apply the following Fall of '08. While that application process takes place during the year they continue their studies with the IMS year.

The benefit of taking this path is:

Say if you get a 30 on the April '08 MCAT but you have some questionable things with your past academic history that might not permit you to get into the medical school of your choice. By continuing on with the IMS year, while your in this application process, you get the follow-up opportunity to show these medical schools, that your currently applying to, that you received higher grades then the class avg. of the 1st year Drexel Med students.

With academic marks like this in the 1st year medical school courses you get to take in the IMS year you will def become a more competative candidate....and you will eliminate any doubts that the medical schools might have about your past academic history.

Hello All!

I am a student from northern Wisconsin who was accepted into the MSP Program! YAY - congrats to all of my fellow classmates.

I sent in my tuition deposit and am waiting for more information and was hoping that someone who is farther along can help me out!

Housing: Are the majority of people staying on campus or off? Is there still on campus housing available? I have never been to Philadelphia before and will not have the chance to come and visit before I move in - so it should be an interesting experience. If people are living on campus, do you know if the dorms shut down during holidays, etc - or do they stay open year round? If people are living off of campus, is anyone in the MSP looking for a roommate or can give me some ideas of where to look for places to live? Can anybody help me out?

Transportation: Are people bringing cars? Is it costly to have a vehicle? Transportation is an issue for me, because if I fly, I can bring what - two suitcases - kind of hard to live off of two suitcases for the year when you live in an unfurnished apartment. Also, if I flew into Philadelphia, how close to the airport is the school?

Financial Aid: I submitted my FAFSA and recently received the additional form that I need to send back, which I will be doing soon. Does anyone have any idea when we will be getting more financial aid information? Also, are people planning on working during the year or not?

Thanks all! I'm sure I'll have lots more questions are the time gets closer, but I think that this will help me out now. Also, feel free to PM me about yourself, if you are in the MSP program, I'd love to chat with a few of you before getting to Philadelphia!

Hello All!

I am a student from northern Wisconsin who was accepted into the MSP Program! YAY - congrats to all of my fellow classmates.

I sent in my tuition deposit and am waiting for more information and was hoping that someone who is farther along can help me out!

Housing: Are the majority of people staying on campus or off? Is there still on campus housing available? I have never been to Philadelphia before and will not have the chance to come and visit before I move in - so it should be an interesting experience. If people are living on campus, do you know if the dorms shut down during holidays, etc - or do they stay open year round? If people are living off of campus, is anyone in the MSP looking for a roommate or can give me some ideas of where to look for places to live? Can anybody help me out?

Transportation: Are people bringing cars? Is it costly to have a vehicle? Transportation is an issue for me, because if I fly, I can bring what - two suitcases - kind of hard to live off of two suitcases for the year when you live in an unfurnished apartment. Also, if I flew into Philadelphia, how close to the airport is the school?

Financial Aid: I submitted my FAFSA and recently received the additional form that I need to send back, which I will be doing soon. Does anyone have any idea when we will be getting more financial aid information? Also, are people planning on working during the year or not?

Thanks all! I'm sure I'll have lots more questions are the time gets closer, but I think that this will help me out now. Also, feel free to PM me about yourself, if you are in the MSP program, I'd love to chat with a few of you before getting to Philadelphia!
Hey Wisconsingirl,

I am one of your classmates from the MSP program!

To my knowledge, Stiles (the grad. housing for Drexel) is still accepting applications, but they are only for 2 bedroom apartments. They mentioned that they are putting people on waiting lists, but I'm not sure what that means in terms of availability. I'm also not certain if you have the choice to pick your roommate. Dr. Sumdae may know more about this than myself. Personally, I will be living off campus. My suggestion to you (and anyone else looking for off campus housing close to school) is to start looking now because places are moving fast. As far as finding places to live, I would do some research and decide exactly how far you want to live from school. Are you willing to drive in from an outer suburb? Do you prefer to take a short bus or train ride? What kind of environment do you feel more comfortable in?
The Center City area is full of commercial spaces with scattered housing.
People have previous posts on this forum that you may want to check out regarding car issues. I've always gotten the impression that having a car in Philly is costly because parking is a serious concern. The financial aid office gave me the impression that most if not all of us would be getting our fin. aid. reports sometime in July. I hope this information helps! Good luck, and I'll see you in August!!

On another note, who is part of this year's MSP class? Other than myself, these are the names that I have. If you're not on this list, can you please let me know? I'm putting everyone on my buddy list just to keep track...Thanks!

Cluj
crumbelievable
DrDJ
DrSumdae
hardwork732
Hashimbuba02
Hass1786
WisconsinGirl

Hi guys, Im new to the forums and was recently accepted to the MSP as well. I was wondering if anyone knew when we have to respond to them by. I was told last week by Chris that I would receive something in the mail but nothing has come. I needed to know so that I could let another program know as well. Also, does anyone know when classes would start and when we have to move there by cuz im from CA and still have summer school ...Thanks anyone!:laugh:

Hi guys, Im new to the forums and was recently accepted to the MSP as well. I was wondering if anyone knew when we have to respond to them by. I was told last week by Chris that I would receive something in the mail but nothing has come. I needed to know so that I could let another program know as well. Also, does anyone know when classes would start and when we have to move there by cuz im from CA and still have summer school ...Thanks anyone!:laugh:

Hi Neverwin!
The letter that Drexel will be sending you will have a due date in it. They are slow in getting things out, tho, so you might want to give them a call and ask.

If you are living in Stiles, the move in days are Aug4-5. Classes start Aug 13th. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All!

Hi WisconsinGirl!!
When I visited the Grad Housing in May they told me that usually the majority of the MSP students live in Stiles, but there are definately alot of other housing options avaliable. I chose Stiles b/c it is across the street from the building we will be taking classes in. The apartments are small and unfurnished, a 2-bedroom apartment, for the fall and spring semester costs ~$8300. I don't know if they kick everyone out on holiday breaks or if you have the option to stay. The building is operated by the Health Sciences school, and their schedule is different from ours. Basically, you are paying according to their schedule, so if you need to stay longer at the end of the year, all you have to do is pay by the day. As far as off campus housing goes, I did not spend much time looking.

Transportation: I will not have a car in Philly. There are a lot of transportation options - train, bus...and someone posted a link last week to www.phillycarshare.com it seems kind of cool! If you read back thru the posts you'll find info about how much it costs to keep your car in the city. Hardwork732 posted a lot of info last week, so check out his posts! As far as moving...I've never moved Via air before, so I don't know how that works. But, you can always rent a Penske or UHaul truck to move your stuff. Also, you can buy furniture in Philly. That is what I am going to do.
According the Google Earth the aiport is 11 miles (~15minutes) from New College Building.

FinAid: I got my award letter in the mail last week. I'm sure everyone will be getting theirs within the next few weeks. I got mine so early b/c I filled out my FAFSA in Feb and the Drexel FinAid form in April and I was accepted at the end of April. We cannot get Federal Work Study for our program (altho I don't know if that means that we can't get a work study job). I'm sure there a plenty of places to find jobs in Philly, but I don't know how much time we will have to work. Our first semester is 19 credits plus MCAT prep.

I look forward to meeting you in August! :hardy:

On another note, who is part of this year's MSP class? Other than myself, these are the names that I have. If you're not on this list, can you please let me know? I'm putting everyone on my buddy list just to keep track...Thanks!

Cluj
crumbelievable
DrDJ
DrSumdae
hardwork732
Hashimbuba02
Hass1786
WisconsinGirl

Good idea!! I don't remember how to get to my buddy list...? :confused:

DrPinky, us putting eachother on our buddy list is a good idea, but like DrSumdae I have no idea how to do that from here :oops: , let me know when u get a chance.

WisconsinGirl, welcome to Philly!
I am a Philly native so I would gladly answer any questions you may have about your move, just PM me or post here.
I would recommend trying to live in the graduate housing if you could since you are coming from so far away, it would take the hassle out of commuting and probably make the transition a lot easier.
I normally would not recommend bringing a car (hellish parking and traffic)... but since your coming from so far away and probably have to bring half your life with you it may be necessary.
If someone is looking to living off campus, but a short commute, I'd recommend trying to find a place near or on the subway line... because there is a stop right outside of hahnemman (easy commute, and it would cost like 65 dollars for an unlimited monthly pass versus parking and gas)

Financial aid packaging is getting done right now and we should get something in the middle of July regarding that

DrPinky, us putting eachother on our buddy list is a good idea, but like DrSumdae I have no idea how to do that from here :oops: , let me know when u get a chance.

I am a Philly native so I would gladly answer any questions you may have about your move, just PM me or post here.
I would recommend trying to live in the graduate housing if you could since you are coming from so far away, it would take the hassle out of commuting and probably make the transition a lot easier.
I normally would not recommend bringing a car (hellish parking and traffic)... but since your coming from so far away and probably have to bring half your life with you it may be necessary.
If someone is looking to living off campus, but a short commute, I'd recommend trying to find a place near or on the subway line... because there is a stop right outside of hahnemman (easy commute, and it would cost like 65 dollars for an unlimited monthly pass versus parking and gas)

Financial aid packaging is getting done right now and we should get something in the middle of July regarding that

DrDJ, as far as putting people on your buddy list - if you click on the persons s/n above their avatar and scroll down to "add this person to my buddy list" (or soemthing like that), then you'll start building up your buddy list. But, as far as opening the list...I just don't remember how to do that! :oops:

Just to piggy back off of DrDJ, the subway line that stops outside of the hospital is the Broad Street line.

DrSumdae, to open your buddy list...go into private messages and check the menu to the left side. You should see an option for "Buddy/ Ignore List".

Thanks dr pinky and dr sumdae :D
Now I have to decide between BU MAMS, UMDNJ, and Drexel MSP (if what you say is true!).

-PlAnEjaNe

Hey...

i'm in the same situation was planejane, trying to decide which school (and IMS not MSP.) i'm also waiting for Loyola and Rosalind Franklin still. assuming i get into the other two, which program would you guys recommend?

my concerns are that bu and RFU are pretty expensive, Drexel is post-bac and not graduate (not sure how much that really matters), loyola doesn't offer comparison w/ med students, and don't really know much good or bad about umdnj. staying in chicago would be nice, but gotta do whats best in the long run, so location is a low priority Thanks for your thoughts!!

p.s. unexpected story - called drexel yesterday for an update, left a voicemail, called again today (same number) and it said it was a disconnected hospital line (not even drexel), 10 minutes later get a phone call on my cell from a drexel rep saying i was accepted. weird but nice.

Cluj
crumbelievable
DrDJ
DrSumdae
hardwork732
Hashimbuba02
Hass1786
WisconsinGirl

me too!

Cluj
crumbelievable
DrDJ
DrSumdae
hardwork732
Hashimbuba02
Hass1786
WisconsinGirl

me too!
Cluj
crumbelievable
DrDJ
DrSumdae
hardwork732
Hashimbuba02
Hass1786
WisconsinGirl
alm007
PhillyActuary

Hey...

i'm in the same situation was planejane, trying to decide which school (and IMS not MSP.) i'm also waiting for Loyola and Rosalind Franklin still. assuming i get into the other two, which program would you guys recommend?

my concerns are that bu and RFU are pretty expensive, Drexel is post-bac and not graduate (not sure how much that really matters), loyola doesn't offer comparison w/ med students, and don't really know much good or bad about umdnj. staying in chicago would be nice, but gotta do whats best in the long run, so location is a low priority Thanks for your thoughts!!

p.s. unexpected story - called drexel yesterday for an update, left a voicemail, called again today (same number) and it said it was a disconnected hospital line (not even drexel), 10 minutes later get a phone call on my cell from a drexel rep saying i was accepted. weird but nice.

Drexel is a graduate program, it finishes with a masters assuming you succeed.

A post bacc (non Special Masters Program) is only undergraduate work.

An SMP is a masters program that offers graduate/medical school course work.

btw, theres a special via southwest airlines for philly, 100/each way anywhere in the US. but the last day to book is saturday the 30th of June.

Add me to the list. I just found out I got accepted today! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

i already expressed my interest in finding roommates......anyone interested should email me at [email protected]

Does anyone know if the MSP classes are held in East Falls or Center City (by hahneman)?

Congrats to everyone that is recieving good news!!

Hi! I'm such in a good mood...i had my interview today for the msp and i think it went ok... it lasted only 20 minutes though (the last 5 were my questions). is that a bad sign or a good sign? Anyways, they told me they'd let me know in two weeks. is that normal? should i send them a thank you letter???

Hi! I'm such in a good mood...i had my interview today for the msp and i think it went ok... it lasted only 20 minutes though (the last 5 were my questions). is that a bad sign or a good sign? Anyways, they told me they'd let me know in two weeks. is that normal? should i send them a thank you letter???

Two weeks is normal (altho...with drexel, u never know!) That does sound like a short interview, but it is hard to tell if that is good or bad w/out hearing the interview. Good luck!:luck:

here's the deal...i'm apllying to Physician Assistant schools also for fall of 2008. if i get in the msp this august should i keep up with those PA applications? Just in case i don't do too well on the mcat to get me in medical school...

Does anyone have any "connections" and know of a way to find out the names of the texts for the courses we will be taking for both the fall and spring semesters???

If i can buy these texts ahead of time and save some serious cashflow then i am all about that. I will continue to research this myself and if i come up with anything i will be sure to notify everyone else.

My interview only lasted 18 minutes and I was accepted. I think is has more to do with the quality of what you said than the length of the interview and at the end I didnt have any questions. My interview was on a friday and I was told there would be a adcom meeting the following wednesday and I got the call the same day as the meeting even though sean told me i wouldnt hear until about 2-3 weeks it was more like days, lol so don't be too worried. I think my interview wasnt a conventional one because I was real with him about my situation. at the end i was worried that maybe i should have given him a run of the mill interview but I'm glad I didnt! Again good luck to everyone!

My

Does anyone have any "connections" and know of a way to find out the names of the texts for the courses we will be taking for both the fall and spring semesters???

If i can buy these texts ahead of time and save some serious cashflow then i am all about that. I will continue to research this myself and if i come up with anything i will be sure to notify everyone else.

If you sign up on the Drexel One Portal you can find the classes and then email the Profs. I emailed the Pharm profs but I haven't heard back yet. DrDJ got a response from the Biochem/Cell Bio prof....we are using the Lodish, 5th Edition. Amazon has some great prices! When/if I hear from the Pharm prof, I will post the book info. :)

If you sign up on the Drexel One Portal you can find the classes and then email the Profs. I emailed the Pharm profs but I haven't heard back yet. DrDJ got a response from the Biochem/Cell Bio prof....we are using the Lodish, 5th Edition. Amazon has some great prices! When/if I hear from the Pharm prof, I will post the book info. :)

In regards to the Lodish, 5th edition. I used the same biochem textbook in undergrad. It's a very dense book, with a lot of detail, however it explains all the biochemical pathways impeccably. The prices, especially for a new one are quite steep, however, there is also the option, if you search outside of amazon at other internet places which sell textbooks, of finding the international edition (which I own). It's supposedly only sold in third world countries so it only cost me 45 dollars. The downside is that it's only in black and white with a few scattered pages in color. That didn't bother me, however, since sometimes the diagrams are online.

I just wanted to let you guys know, in case you might want to pinch a few pennies. Also if anyone finds out about certain textbooks could they possibly post the ISBN as well? Thank you so much in advance.

Peeps:

Here are the links for the two books we need for our Biochem/ Cell Bio class. The first link is for used hardcover books of the Lodish Molecular Cell Bio text. The other link is for the softcover solutions manual of the Lodish text. On amazon the Lodish hardcover text goes for $114.90 but you can find used ones for as low as $29.94. The solutions manual is significantly less expensive brand new...but if you follow the 2nd link you can find used ones and still save a couple of dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4385050-4462303?ie=UTF8&qid=1183316652&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4385050-4462303?ie=UTF8&qid=1183316652&sr=8-2

Also, Drsumdae recommended a pharmacology text to me (which was recommended to her by one of her professors). I read some of the reviews of the text and it seems like it basically summarizes the most important information about pharmacology. It's called Pharmacology at a Glance. I bought this text simply because it will serve as nice addition to the pharmacology texts we will have to have for the class. We were told at the open house back in February that the Pharmacology course was going to be the most difficult course we take in the MSP program. To have a text like this, that basically summarizes the most important ideas that we are going to learn in the course, will only make the task of understanding the material a lot easier. Here is a link to some used copies of the text.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4385050-4462303?ie=UTF8&qid=1183317342&sr=1-1

It would be wise to order these texts, if your going to, ASAP because they can take anywhere from 3-21 days to be delivered since they are coming from vendors independent from amazon.com.

Peeps:

Here are the links for the two books we need for our Biochem/ Cell Bio class. The first link is for used hardcover books of the Lodish Molecular Cell Bio text. The other link is for the softcover solutions manual of the Lodish text. On amazon the Lodish hardcover text goes for $114.90 but you can find used ones for as low as $29.94. The solutions manual is significantly less expensive brand new...but if you follow the 2nd link you can find used ones and still save a couple of dollars.

Also, Drsumdae recommended a pharmacology text to me (which was recommended to her by one of her professors). I read some of the reviews of the text and it seems like it basically summarizes the most important information about pharmacology. It's called Pharmacology at a Glance. I bought this text simply because it will serve as nice addition to the pharmacology texts we will have to have for the class. We were told at the open house back in February that the Pharmacology course was going to be the most difficult course we take in the MSP program. To have a text like this, that basically summarizes the most important ideas that we are going to learn in the course, will only make the task of understanding the material a lot easier. Here is a link to some used copies of the text.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4385050-4462303?ie=UTF8&qid=1183317342&sr=1-1

It would be wise to order these texts, if your going to, ASAP because they can take anywhere from 3-21 days to be delivered since they are coming from vendors independent from amazon.com.

I guess great minds think alike :) I was just going to post the link for the lodish book and the Pharm at a Glance book.

This is the other book that my UG Chem Prof recommended: http://www.amazon.com/Lippincotts-I...S5&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_i=ybh. I emailed her and asked her for "user friendly" pharm books.

Hi everyone~
I've been looking around this forum for a few days getting ready for my interview that was this morning. I also had Chris as an interviewer. Same thing as everyone else was saying, kinda dry and doesn't really respond. Says things like "nice answer" or "good list" (for my extracurriculars). Not too sure how it went. He said because of my GPA I would be more for IMS but my MCAT is more for MSP and he asked which I would prefer. So that was nerve-wrecking.

Some questions he asked:
Where do you see health care going in the future?
Extracurriculars?
How do you balance your life? What is your support system?
Why medicine?
Have you applied to med school already? Why do you think you were not accepted?
Stengths and weaknesses of your character.
What field of medicine interests you?
Are you already doing anything to better your credentials?

I have a question for all of you: Did anyone catch Chris' last name? :confused: I've been searching the website and I can't find anything and I want to send a letter.

Hi!!! I do not know his last name :( I sent a thank you note but I wrote "Dear Chris and the Drexel Adminssions office..." Although, at the time, he was the only person doing the interviews.

I am the same way with my GPA and MCAT score, but I made it *very* clear that I wanted the MSP program. good luck!!!:luck:

Hi everyone~
I've been looking around this forum for a few days getting ready for my interview that was this morning. I also had Chris as an interviewer. Same thing as everyone else was saying, kinda dry and doesn't really respond. Says things like "nice answer" or "good list" (for my extracurriculars). Not too sure how it went. He said because of my GPA I would be more for IMS but my MCAT is more for MSP and he asked which I would prefer. So that was nerve-wrecking.

Some questions he asked:
Where do you see health care going in the future?
Extracurriculars?
How do you balance your life? What is your support system?
Why medicine?
Have you applied to med school already? Why do you think you were not accepted?
Stengths and weaknesses of your character.
What field of medicine interests you?
Are you already doing anything to better your credentials?

I have a question for all of you: Did anyone catch Chris' last name? :confused: I've been searching the website and I can't find anything and I want to send a letter.

Hey All,
I heard back from the Pharm Professor today. This is what he wrote:

"Attached are the guidelines for the Grad Pharm course this Fall. They include information about textbooks as well as a general overview of the course. The courselink to the Grad Pharm website works, but do NOT download any of the lectures notes. We are in the midst of updating them and remounting them as PDFs. If you wish to do some reading ahead of time, the introductory chapters in the listed textbooks are quite useful.

The guidelines will be distributed to the class in early August so you will get them again."

I will attache the MS Word document to the post...I've never done this before ....so lets hope it works!

Attachments

• Graduate_Pharmacology_guidelines_and_rules_2007.doc
    45 KB · Views: 190
That's a good way to address the letter. Thanks Dr. Sumdae. :) Just out of curiosity, why the MSP over IMS? I'm kind of worried that with IMS I'll be so bombared with work that I won't have sufficient time to study for re-taking the MCAT. Were you planning on doing both years of the program? I wanted to do just one and I realized that it's already July which means that primary applications already have to go out :scared:. I was also worried it to too late to get loans if they take two weeks to get back to me. Did financial aid go through okay for you (and in a timely fashion?) As you can tell, panic mode has set in so thanks for the help. :D

Congrats to those who've recently been accepted!

DrSumdae,
That posting was so helpful!! Thanks so much! I haven't been able to get into the portal yet because my deposit is not in yet.

I don't know if it's better to send a thank you card or write an email after the interview...but I decided to take my chances with the email since it took FOREVER for my application to be completed thru mail. My interviewer was Chris also, so I just addressed the email to him.

Does anyone know if it will help to name a friend already in the program? She can put a good word in for me, but I don't know if that's such a wise idea...

Hey everyone!

I sent in my deposit for the program but haven't received a financial aid form or packet? For those of you who have received this information, when did you get it? Thanx.

Hey everyone!

I sent in my deposit for the program but haven't received a financial aid form or packet? For those of you who have received this information, when did you get it? Thanx.

I think a lot of this depends on when you filled out the FAFSA and the Drexel FinAid Form. I got my aid a almost 3 weeks ago, but I filled out my FAFSA in Feb and the Drexel form in April. I was also accepted in April, so that prob has something to do w/it. When I visited Drexel in May, the FinAid office said people would be getting their packages mid-July.

Hey guys,

I got accepted to the program recently and I'm currently looking for apartments. You guys have been great with all the info. Since I want housing close to my classes, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where our classes are located? I heard some of them are online, but what about the rest?

Also, if you need a roommate or know a good place to live just send me a message. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I got accepted to the program recently and I'm currently looking for apartments. You guys have been great with all the info. Since I want housing close to my classes, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where our classes are located? I heard some of them are online, but what about the rest?

Also, if you need a roommate or know a good place to live just send me a message. Thanks.

Classes are in New College Builidng and I was told when I was there that sometimes classes are held in Stiles.

Thanks DrSumdae.

Has any one found a place to live. Does anyone want to pitch in and get a cool place to live thats close to where we'll take classes? Or maybe somewhere not too distance and carpool? Let me know.

Hey guys,

For those who got accepted. Is it cool if we exchange AIM screenames on this site and meet up online to share info. about classes, books, housing, etc. Since the orientation is on the day of our first class, I just thought it would be cool if we familiarize ourselves with each other to get through this program.

Hey Geo,
Congrats on your acceptance!!

I agree with you. I was also thinking that it would be cool if we can all plan to meet somewhere in person on the first day of orientation. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

:idea:By the way, we can all begin to list our screen names on our profiles to make this easier if you're interested.

Hey guys,

For those who got accepted. Is it cool if we exchange AIM screenames on this site and meet up online to share info. about classes, books, housing, etc. Since the orientation is on the day of our first class, I just thought it would be cool if we familiarize ourselves with each other to get through this program.