Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
philly apartments are so pricey (at least for a decent one) ugh :-(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students/Philly locals have any recommendations on good apartment management companies (or bad ones to stay away from!)?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wee-spin.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know whether students would be taking classes in Center City or University City? Also, have any accepted students started connecting?

Does anyone know whether students would be taking classes in Center City or University City? Also, have any accepted students started connecting?

I believe center city at first then ucity

The summer portion of the program will be in Center City. The rest of the year, fall & spring semesters, will be in University City.

Hi everyone!

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Jordan Barnhill and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and give a couple quick announcements.

I'm currently a rising M2 at DUCOM and I am a graduate of DPMS Class of 2021 and was a teaching assistant for this class of 2022. This year, for the incoming class, I will be one of your co-lead teaching assistants that will pretty much always be with you throughout the school year, especially through the summer, to help you get through the program. There will be 10 teaching assistants total, lots of faculty and lots of resources. You will have a lot of opportunity to interact with us all very soon!

As acceptance letters are beginning to roll out and you start to become acquainted with your new classmates, I just want to let you all know to please hold off on creating class groupchats and Facebook groups -- we already have them made! Administration prefers to let those be TA ran (we're all very cool, I promiseeee), at least until you're settled into the program, to try and prevent any miscommunications and keep everyone as "together" as we possibly can. Once we have the official list of accepted students, you will all be added to the groups as they're very integral to the summer program!

I know this time is very stressful and anxiety-inducing, but please keep optimistic and don't let yourself lose sleep!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on SDN! Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys, late night thought- are you comfortable sharing the day you interviewed? I want to gauge how many people they interviewed this year and what our chances are, since there are 55 seats as per the FAQ. My interview was on 5/18 and there were 18 people in my group iirc.

Hey guys, late night thought- are you comfortable sharing the day you interviewed? I want to gauge how many people they interviewed this year and what our chances are, since there are 55 seats as per the FAQ. My interview was on 5/18 and there were 18 people in my group iirc.
We anticipate the incoming class to have 70 seats this year 🙂

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you happen to know how many interviews there were? Thank you so much for being a connection for us!
Second this. It would be wonderful to know how many interviewed and I'm so excited that there are that many seats!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not sure when the next round of acceptances will go out, that's up to admissions! I recommend looking at past threads to get an idea or if any of the DPMS students from last year are around on the thread to give some input on when they got theirs, I would use that to gauge! But I wouldn't know :(

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I think I've mentioned this several times on this thread but I was interviewed very early last year on May 6th (I was the 2nd or 3rd interview of the season). I was "supposed" to hear back with a decision two weeks later but that didn't happen. The first wave of acceptances wasn't released until June 1st if I remember correctly. I was STILL NOT part of this batch of acceptances. Finally, the second wave came through on June 13th, on a SUNDAY morning around 10am. So when I tell you anything is possible, it's because it is haha. My acceptance was sitting pretty waiting for me in my spam after working a 12hr night shift - so I didn't actually see it until 3 pm when I woke up 🤗

Even after those two waves of acceptance, there is A LOT of random movement afterward- between waitlists and just late offers. Some people give up their acceptance because they put $ down for other programs or simply get into medical school. As a result, this opens up spots for others.

Because we are expecting the largest DPMS class yet (70 students), waves of acceptance may come differently this year. Maybe even earlier than 6/13 because applications started getting reviewed much earlier this year.

Trust me when I tell you that I completely understand the frustration, anxiety, and maybe even anger that comes from having to wait. This time last year, I had a plan in place for what my next steps would be if DPMS didn't work out (take MCAT again, continue working, work on med school app etc....). It never hurts to be ready for the worst and that is my best advice at this time since we are less than a month away from the start of the program. It is very easy to get in a dark place from having to wait, re-reading threads, looking at other's stats etc - A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN THERE. Please take care of yourself during this time and what is meant for you, will always be for you. At this stage of the game it doesn't help to compare your stats to someone else's or what day of the month you interviewed - you were all given a chance for your own unique reason! And more than likely, you'll never figure out why some things happened to others first as opposed to you.

Be patient just a little bit longer, you are almost there!

If anyone needs to vent, my DMs are fully open! 💝

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
The only time in my life that I'm looking forward to a Monday
Happy So Excited GIF by Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum

• Haha
Holy cow!!! I got the A!!! Amazing way to wake up. Best of luck to you all. I interviewed on 5/4 btw.

• Love
Got the A😭😭So so excited! Best of luck to you all! I received mine at 10:10am EST. 5/9 interview

• Care
LET'S GOOOO I am so proud of you both! I interviewed in late May so I think I may just hear back later (if I even get in). But I am so proud of yall <3

Reactions: 2 users
LET'S GOOOO I am so proud of you both! I interviewed in late May so I think I may just hear back later (if I even get in). But I am so proud of yall <3
Thank you sooo much!! 🥰🥰 You got this 💪🏿

• Love
Congrats to everyone who has received an A so far! Anyone from 04/13 - 04/18 interview dates hear back yet?

Don't they send them throughout the day if I'm not mistaken? We aren't done yet right?

Me for the past half hour:
Refresh email
Refresh portal
Refresh SDN
repeat

• Haha
Just got the A before 11am! 🤩 Interviewed 5/9. Very grateful, but literally just received an A off the WL at my top choice med school, so I will be withdrawing my spot. Excited for my spot for this amazing program to go to one of you :) Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 12 users
Interviewed 05/16, had to take CASPER on the 19th. Got an A this morning at 10 (eastern time). Simply logging the movement, dont panic por favor <3

April 20th and I haven’t heard back yet. Trying my best not to lose hope

• Care
Tagging all
Same here. April 18th. We can only wait. You’ve got this!
I can't imagine the stress you two must be feeling since interviewing in April :( I hope we all hear back with a decision soon, regardless of what it may be. At least it will be one less thing to stress about.

• Care
I got the acceptance!!! This is amazing!! Cannot wait to start this program!!

• Wow
just got my A 💓 1:11PM EST and i interviewed 5/16! excited to meet everyone soon!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
I got an A!!! I intevrwied 5/16 and got my acceptance at 9:34 AM PST ( it was in my junk folder)

Reactions: 7 users