DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted on 10/30/20. To clarify, I’m still being considered for the DPMS Program. The person who told me about my IHS referral also happens to the person I was corresponding with about DPMS so it caused some confusion. In other news, I was told in an email that I received yesterday that they have not started reviewing DPMS applications at all yet and they will be starting “soon”.
OMG this process is gonna take forever.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Are we able to submit our application without our recommenders uploading their LOR?
Our recommenders are able to upload their LOR at a later time, just has to be before April 30. Is that correct?

Are we able to submit our application without our recommenders uploading their LOR?
Our recommenders are able to upload their LOR at a later time, just has to be before April 30. Is that correct?

I believe you need to have all materials in order for your application to be ready for review. You can submit your application at any time, while materials are being gathered. They will then notify you that your application is complete and under review at that point. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm thinking about applying for this program and on the app I noticed they want us to attach unofficial transcripts as well as order official ones. I was rejected from Drexel med school a couple months ago, would I still have to order new official transcripts or should they already have them?

Hey guys! I'm thinking about applying for this program and on the app I noticed they want us to attach unofficial transcripts as well as order official ones. I was rejected from Drexel med school a couple months ago, would I still have to order new official transcripts or should they already have them?
This is a really good question, I would recommend emailing them at [email protected] just to make sure you get all the material you need

The dpms application is initally reviewed by the graduate school and not the medical school. So all materials need to be uploaded as if you never applied to the medical school. However, final decisions are made by the medical school.

The dpms application is initally reviewed by the graduate school and not the medical school. So all materials need to be uploaded as if you never applied to the medical school. However, final decisions are made by the medical school.
Oh wow I didn't know that! So essentially acceptance is determined by the medical school and not the DPMS board itself?

is anybody attending the virtual session tomorrow? Could you give an update on if they plan to do DPMS virtually or online this year? Like, what did they say about this? many thanks.

is anybody attending the virtual session tomorrow? Could you give an update on if they plan to do DPMS virtually or online this year? Like, what did they say about this? many thanks.
I will be attending again as I had some more questions & I was also curious about this. So if I find out, then I will post about it on this thread

It was said that it could be virtual and in person but it is still not 100% confirmed

Members don't see this ad :)
It was said that it could be virtual and in person but it is still not 100% confirmed
Did they mention if they have already started sending notifications out for applications or where they are on that part? Are they reviewing applications?

Reactions: 1 user
is there a way to view a pdf of our app after we have submitted?
I don't think so :/

I submitted early Feb and may or may not have freaked out about whether or not I submitted a rough draft or final draft of my DPMS essay :scared:(99.9% sure it was final but being unable to see the application planted seeds of doubt.)

I don't think so :/

I submitted early Feb and may or may not have freaked out about whether or not I submitted a rough draft or final draft of my DPMS essay :scared:(99.9% sure it was final but being unable to see the application planted seeds of doubt.)
LOL ME! also how long did it take your guy's LORs to show up as received after you sent them?

Thanks for replying! Were they any more specific like, do we have the choice to do it virtually or in person? And are you saying that they will offer virtual for those candidates that want to do it virtually AND in person for those that want to do it in person?

Thanks for replying! Were they any more specific like, do we have the choice to do it virtually or in person? And are you saying that they will offer virtual for those candidates that want to do it virtually AND in person for those that want to do it in person?
it'll probably be a mix of both, regardless im sure they will at least have orientation and start off in person

Do any of you know if the classes you take as a DPMS student count towards your medical school credits? From what I understand, it seems that you take medical school classes as a DPMS student.

Do any of you know if the classes you take as a DPMS student count towards your medical school credits? From what I understand, it seems that you take medical school classes as a DPMS student.
They do not count towards med school and any courses that mimic the M1 curriculum will be retaken. But I guess that’ll make it an easier transition 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! I attended the virtual open house today and I thought I'd share some things that I thought were interesting. This is all information I got from Dr. Monika Jost in a break out room so don't kill the messenger!

- The program has ~50 seats available this cycle.
- They are expecting ~500 applications to be submitted.
- They are planning to host the 6 week summer portion of the program online (potentially). Depending on the vaccine rollout, covid numbers, and state/local laws, they're aiming to have DPMS students in person during the Fall.
- Interviews are being planned for "some time in April" (I assume that means we'll start getting invitations in the next few weeks).
- Program leadership has changed from Dr. Ana Nunez to Dr. Leon McCrea.
- Classes for the DPMS Program take place at the Center City campus in the New College Building.

Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Hello! I attended the virtual open house today and I thought I'd share some things that I thought were interesting. This is all information I got from Dr. Monika Jost in a break out room so don't kill the messenger!

- They are planning to host the 6 week summer portion of the program online (potentially). Depending on the vaccine rollout, covid numbers, and state/local laws, they're aiming to have DPMS students in person during the Fall.
- Interviews are being planned for "some time in April" (I assume that means we'll start getting invitations in the next few weeks).
- Classes for the DPMS Program take place at the Center City campus in the New College Building.

Hope this helps.
Great information! Thanks!!

Has anyone been uploading their letters of rec from Interfolio? If so, how have you been doing it?

Has anyone been uploading their letters of rec from Interfolio? If so, how have you been doing it?
So what I did was I typed in the full name of the program, "Drexel Pathway to Medical School" put in the email to send the recommendations that was provided "[email protected]" and I also put the URL of the DPMS webpage. It was received the next day. I don't know how long is would take now, but I would imagine it would take no longer than a week since you are submitting them electronically.

So what I did was I typed in the full name of the program, "Drexel Pathway to Medical School" put in the email to send the recommendations that was provided "[email protected]" and I also put the URL of the DPMS webpage. It was received the next day. I don't know how long is would take now, but I would imagine it would take no longer than a week since you are submitting them electronically.
Awesome, thank you so much :)

Hope this helps.
did anyone ask if classes have always taken place at city center or did they change it this year? I thought they would be held on the med school
(queen lane) campus no?

did anyone ask if classes have always taken place at city center or did they change it this year? I thought they would be held on the med school
(queen lane) campus no?
No one asked and unfortunately I don’t know what’s done historically. That’s just what Dr. Jost mentioned.

I was reading some of the older posts, and it seems that there were people who struggled to fulfill the contract. Do any of you know the stats for matriculation into the college of medicine for the people who have the MCAT requirement?

I was reading some of the older posts, and it seems that there were people who struggled to fulfill the contract. Do any of you know the stats for matriculation into the college of medicine for the people who have the MCAT requirement?
Sorry, but what do you mean fufilling the contract?

Sorry, but what do you mean fufilling the contract?
The program has two tracks depending on your MCAT score when you apply. Track 1 retakes the MCAT and takes an MCAT prep course (I think it’s Princeton but I could be wrong). Track 2 does not retake the MCAT, they take an equivalent amount of courses (neurobiology of mental illness, functional neuroanatomy, and medical immunology).

Reactions: 1 users
You’re required to have a 3.2 GPA upon completion of DPMS and score 500+ on the mcat to “make contract”.

I thought it was 499? they changed it to 500?
I just checked the website and it states "Once an applicant is accepted into the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program, they must achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.2 with no grade lower than a C in any course, and have a minimum MCAT score of 499 with no section less than a 123. If an applicant is accepted into the program with an overall MCAT score less than 499 or any section less than a 123, they will be required to take an MCAT prep course with the Princeton Review while in the program as part of the curriculum and retake the MCAT by the date determined by the medical school. The student must achieve a minimum overall score of 499 with no section less than a 123 on the MCAT to matriculate into the medical school." Unless they are updating it and changing the score to 500, the program states that it is at least 499 with at least 123 in each section.

Do any of y’all know how many applicants they usually interview?

Thank you for the responses! What I meant by fulfilling the contract is that in the previous threads it seems that (in certain years) only 50% to 60% of the DPMS class made the 3.2 gpa / MCAT requirement. I was wondering why a lot of people dropped out or struggled to make the requirement for matriculation.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for the responses! What I meant by fulfilling the contract is that in the previous threads it seems that (in certain years) only 50% to 60% of the DPMS class made the 3.2 gpa / MCAT requirement. I was wondering why a lot of people dropped out or struggled to make the requirement for matriculation.
I would like to know this as well!

I emailed earlier this year about that and they told me 70% was the percentage last year!

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if it’s the MCAT requirement or GPA metric that holds students back... I feel awful that some struggle to cross that threshold. Hoping that those accepted cultivate a collaborative environment to support and uplift their classmates. I can’t imagine what the 30% left behind may feel after the other 70% matriculate.

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder if it’s the MCAT requirement or GPA metric that holds students back... I feel awful that some struggle to cross that threshold. Hoping that those accepted cultivate a collaborative environment to support and uplift their classmates. I can’t imagine what the 30% left behind may feel after the other 70% matriculate.
Right! God willing I get accepted I really am hoping to make a solid group of friends who would like to study and work together to make contract!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Right! God willing I get accepted I really am hoping to make a solid group of friends who would like to study and work together to make contract!
Exactly! I am praying so much for an acceptance because it feels like the only way I'll get into medical school! Making friends here to study with and for lifelong bonds (as mushy as it sounds) is definitely the goal!

Reactions: 7 users
(queen lane) campus no?
The DPMS classes have historically been at the NCB because the program is under the graduate school of biomedical sciences and professional studies which is housed at the NCB and not the queen lane campus.