Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been rejected already (without having gotten an interview invite) or know of someone who has?

I don't see why they would not give someone an interview even but hold out till the very end to reject them? That's just cruel.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been rejected already (without having gotten an interview invite) or know of someone who has?

I don't see why they would not give someone an interview even but hold out till the very end to reject them? That's just cruel.

Agreed. This is getting a bit ridiculous. Like how do they not think to atleast let people know...

Reactions: 1 user
so we know one person got accepted. I wonder if anymore acceptance calls will be sent out today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the end of the work day is 5? I'd expect no more decisions will be heard today.

I'm in that boat. Haven't been contacted about a rejection or an interview. It's ridiculous, and people wonder why med students are stressed out haha

Yep, I got it through a phone call. My portal is not updated yet, she said my letter will come in the mail early next week but she wanted to give me time to get ready for June 19th.
Did she say what track? I'm wondering if the people who have heard by now are Track II

Did she say what track? I'm wondering if the people who have heard by now are Track II
Good question. Because in previous years, everyone got notified through the portal.

Another question though...why would they want track 2 people to be prepared way in advance and not track 1 if that's what they're going by?

This doesn't make any sense tbh. Especially considering how easier it is to just send a mass email to the people they want to accept (in batches)

Reactions: 1 users
Good question. Because in previous years, everyone got notified through the portal.

Another question though...why would they want track 2 people to be prepared way in advance and not track 1 if that's what they're going by?

This doesn't make any sense tbh. Especially considering how easier it is to just send a mass email to the people they want to accept (in batches)

Here's my theory...I think they must have notified the people who live the farthest away first because they would need the most time to adjust.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's my theory...I think they must have notified the people who live the farthest away first because they would need the most time to adjust.
Yeah I figured, but it still seems like they'd be more effective in sending out the generic acceptance emails instead.

Lol oh well, I'll let these people do their thing and just wait till Tuesday.

That's stupid. A mass email would have been smarter. Like we are all on high alert waiting for a response anyway and if the person isn't looking at their email every 10 seconds then maybe they don't really care if they get in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's stupid. A mass email would have been smarter. Like we are all on high alert waiting for a response anyway and if the person isn't looking at their email every 10 seconds then maybe they don't really care if they get in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Lol! Ikr

So everyone on here lives in Philadelphia or close to Philadelphia? I doubt it.

Maybe, I'm from NY so it is a bit far away. And I am most likely track II, she didn't say so but my mcat score was above the requirement for the med school matriculation.

Maybe, I'm from NY so it is a bit far away. And I am most likely track II, she didn't say so but my mcat score was above the requirement for the med school matriculation.

Lol!! well there goes that theory.
Damn...

I'm about 8 hours away from PA, so they /must/ be accepting the people who they thought were the most competitive. It's the only logical explanation to the personal phone calls that were given...albeit there seems to have been only 2.

Damn...

I'm about 8 hours away from PA, so they /must/ be accepting the people who they thought were the most competitive. It's the only logical explanation to the personal phone calls that were given...albeit there seems to have been only 2.
It could also be random phone calls but your reasoning makes sense.

Damn...

It could also be random phone calls but your reasoning makes sense.

or it could be based on last name, or pulling names out of a hat Its not worth worrying about haha. Most of us will know by the end of next week one way or another, keep your sanity.

Not trying to stir stress, but I'm seriously curious, why would they have certain people they just haven't said anything to, neither rejection nor interview? What would be the reasoning behind waiting to tell us?

Not trying to stir stress, but I'm seriously curious, why would they have certain people they just haven't said anything to, neither rejection nor interview? What would be the reasoning behind waiting to tell us?
Did u call their office and ask? Cos I think most of us here at least got an interview and are waiting to get accepted or rejected. It seems weird to not even get an interview or rejection.

I got a call on Friday and Im from NY. glad they gave us a call cause I definitely needed the heads up for work

Lol what's with this secret calls. They really don't want people to know that they are getting rejected? Lol wow. :unsure::(

This is so darn suspicious. I'm from NY too so they're definetly not going by location. Why couldn't they just send out all the acceptances at one?

:eyebrow: ....or did they?

This is so darn suspicious. I'm from NY too so they're definetly not going by location. Why couldn't they just send out all the acceptances at one?

:eyebrow: ....or did they?
I doubt they did.

It's more time consuming to literally call each person they accept (since that seems to be the primary mode of communication they chose......for whatever reason) and have short chats with all of them about preparing for June 19 and expecting stuff to be delivered in the mail.

I'm pretty sure they're accepting in batches.

I doubt they did.

It's more time consuming to literally call each person they accept (since that seems to be the primary mode of communication they chose......for whatever reason) and have short chats with all of them about preparing for June 19 and expecting stuff to be delivered in the mail.

I'm pretty sure they're accepting in batches.

Yeah I guess you're right. They're probably just going from most competitive to least.

When did you interview? Are you in Track II ?
I interviewed May 1st and they didn't tell me what track I'm in I'm assuming I'll be figuring that out with what they're mailing me next week. As for who specifically called me honestly I don't remember the name.

Congrats to everyone and good luck to others! 4th year Orthopedic surgery resident here! Contact here or PM with questions!

Dr. Webb

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't heard anything. Attempted to call and email and been unsuccessful At this point im accepting the fact that I most likely will be receiving a rejection.

I was told to email someone named Steven Rodgers (which I did). He said that they were going to be making a decision shortly. That was it.
Making a decision shortly regarding if you'd get an interview?
Very odd.

Can any accepted students create a private facebook page and post it here? It might be a good idea for us to start networking and possibly talk about roommate situations if needed.

Making a decision shortly regarding if you'd get an interview?
Very odd.

No, that they would be making final decisions regarding acceptances. He didn't mention anything about more interviews being extended.

Super excited for tomorrow! Whether I get accepted or rejected, I'm still prepared to become a Philly Master's student :clap:
HURRAY FOR CANNABIS!

Lol jk, my high is all natural:shifty:

Reactions: 5 users
Super excited for tomorrow! Whether I get accepted or rejected, I'm still prepared to become a Philly Master's student :clap:
HURRAY FOR CANNABIS!

Which program is your backup?

The last person that we know of who got an acceptance call interviewed on May 11th. I still got hope:horns: just in case they were accepting by interview dates. We'll see tomorrow.

HURRAY FOR CANNABIS!

That is if they contact us tomorrow. If I don't hear back tomorrow I am giving up for good. My blood pressure can't handle this stress.

That is if they contact us tomorrow. If I don't hear back tomorrow I am giving up for good. My blood pressure can't handle this stress.

Honestly y'all need a better way to manage your stress. How do you expect to handle pressure when you are caring for your patients in a potential life or death scenario?

Can any accepted students create a private facebook page and post it here? It might be a good idea for us to start networking and possibly talk about roommate situations if needed.

Hey! I was one of the ones who was also called on Friday. I created a Facebook group for anyone who's accepted. I figured it'd be a good way for us to all get to know each other.

Btw, I've never posted on this thread before but I've read a few posts back and wanted to say to everyone who's stressed out about decisions - please remember we are only a small population size from the entire applicant pool who follows this thread. Don't give up hope, during my interview former dpmsers said they were accepted well into June, one even said a week before classes started. I fully understand the struggle of not knowing your fate with certain schools, almost all of my medical schools this cycle waited until the very last day to reject me, it's cruel but you can't give up hope until the very last day. For now, DPMS program is still accepting, so that day hasn't come for any of you! Stay positive :)

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly y'all need a better way to manage your stress. How do you expect to handle pressure when you are caring for your patients in a potential life or death scenario?
I will worry about my patients when I have patients. For now it's me and my poor blood pressure lol

Reactions: 4 users
By the way, can someone post the office's number. I may end up calling later on this afternoon. Thanks in advance guys!!

By the way, can someone post the office's number. I may end up calling later on this afternoon. Thanks in advance guys!!
Haha you and me think alike. I was planning on doing the same thing.

I think the number is 1-800-237-3935