Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many people are in the facebook group?
I don't think it matters how many people are in the FB group, I wouldn't go by those numbers since a lot of the people who have joined are current Drexel students (not recently accepted students) Come on guys, don't raise that white flag yet. The determination period isn't over, I know it's frustrating but why give up before even knowing? Don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got accepted do u guys mind sharing who you interviewed with?

Roger that. As an update, the number to call is: 215-762-7125. This is Dr. Walker's office number.....although it appears she never actually there :shrug:

When I called, I spoke to a guy with a southern accent (I dont believe he gave his name), and he told me that he couldnt officially give me his status. I gave him my last name, and then was told that he didnt see anything there. A bit odd since i interviewed May 2nd, hmm. He then gave me Dr. Walker's number, who non-surprisingly didn't answer. I basically told her that I needed a decision asap and gave her my number. If i dont get a call by tomorrw, I'll be withdrawing my application. Good luck everybody! I'm pretty sure i already know what my decision will be :laugh:
Did Dr. Walker get back to you?

Lol everyone seem so helpless and mentally exhausted (including me). we need humor :banana::banana::banana:. I haven't been accepted but if it is meant to be, it will be. Loosen up people. I'll shed a tear after June 2nd.

Reactions: 1 users
I find this situation absolutely distasteful. Its not like people who live far away deserve/want this so much more than others do. Selected few get to pack up, enjoy their weekends with no worries, make arrangements etc while the rest of us wait anxiously. The most painful thing getting rejected after the wait. I'm sure that even people who live close have to make adjustments too. Some will still want to live off campus. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 users
This wait is just terrible. Funny thing is, they probably already know who they are taking, but just won't say yet.

Hey guys. I knoww waiting is hard and extremely frustrating. But unfortunately, this is the normal process. Most years have gotten their decisions exactly 2 weeks ahead of time. (So that would be Friday for you guys). So I know it sucks, but don't freak out too much yet.

Good luck! And join the Facebook group once accepted.

Don't lose hope guys. As of this posting, over half of the students in the Facebook group are past DPMSers.

Good news is coming your way soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really think emails will go out tomorrow or even Saturday. Now whether it will be acceptance or rejection I don't know but oh well:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
For people waiting, have you all interviewed or are there some who haven't??
Also did anyone else get rejected?

Would I be doing the most if I called? I just got promoted to a new position. I would just feel horrible if I didn't give them adequate time before I leave.

Would I be doing the most if I called? I just got promoted to a new position. I would just feel horrible if I didn't give them adequate time before I leave.
You can try calling, but the lady whose last name is Walker doesn't pick up her phone lol
(or at least she hasn't for me and a few others)

Smh I don't even know what to say if someone picks up. Lol Hey may I know the stats of my app??

Smh I don't even know what to say if someone picks up. Lol Hey may I know the stats of my app??
You can say," is there a timeline when we will know if we got accepted or rejected. You could say the reason you are asking is you have to give at least 2 weeks time to resign at you work and so it would help if you could find out soon. :)

You can say," is there a timeline when we will know if we got accepted or rejected. You could say the reason you are asking is you have to give at least 2 weeks time to resign at you work and so it would help if you could find out soon. :)
Lmao!!!! Okay..

When I called I called the college of medicine admissions office because that whose making decisions and interviewing us. The number I called was 215-991-8202 and it was picked up by Kareem who set up our interviews. He's the one that gave me info about when they admissions staff met to discuss students and when acceptance were going to be sent out. I'd say call him

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Omg I just called that number. Pheww, was so scared I was gonna get yelled at lol. She was calm about it and she didn't give me any information at all. She just said I should call Dr. Walker and gave me her number lol

Done my part lol. I called the office 1-800-237-3935 took my name and all to forward it to Steven Rodgers unfortunately he was not in his office. His number is 215-895-6041. Done!!!

Btw did anyone try to contact the person you interviewed with??? Not saying you should but did anyone? Lol

I don't think they are answering calls bc they are too busy working on getting to whom they are gonna accept. Anyways, best of luck to everyone !

Just called and Steven Rodgers said that all decisions will probably be sent out next week...

I cannot live like this. EMails arent coming in, phone isnt ringing. I CANNOT LIVE LIKE THIS.

Sounds a lot more like rejections to me. I'm done, I'll find something else. I think it is just cruel to have people wait this long. If decisions are next week then we only have one week to get ready and I don't think it's fair considering that some people were given more time. Rejections (I don't even wanna go there).

Okay guys, Dr. Walker finally picked upo_O. She said the decisions are no longer in her hands that the medical school should be sending them out soon. They are trying to do that by the end of this week because the programs will be starting soon (she didn't sound so sure). Just check your portals too. At this point, I have very little confidence so I'm done posting on here. I mean I have tried to be very positive about this but I also have to prepare myself for a rejection email.

Okay guys, Dr. Walker finally picked upo_O. She said the decisions are no longer in her hands that the medical school should be sending them out soon. They are trying to do that by the end of this week because the programs will be starting soon (she didn't sound so sure). Just check your portals too. At this point, I have very little confidence so I'm done posting on here. I mean I have tried to be very positive about this but I also have to prepare myself for a rejection email.
+1 Goodluck to everyone!!!!

Just called and Steven Rodgers said that all decisions will probably be sent out next week...
What is this guy's role? At this point it's looking like it's the Caribbean for me!

What is this guy's role? At this point it's looking like it's the Caribbean for me!

Associate Director, Graduate Admissions-Enrollment Management & Student Success (his signature from an email). Just an FYI, the graduate admissions office doesn't sit on the DPMS admission committee. Dr. Walker or perhaps the med school itself may be better contacts IMO.

And I'm NO EXPERT but if the Caribbean is where you want to go aim for the big 3. Just be sure to blow your STEP exams out of the water. It's definitely a potential if this cycle is a no go for me. Keep in mind that the MD/DO residency merger will happen around the time that we graduate , assuming it's in the next 5 years, so the competition for certain residency specialities will be heightened.

Did anyone's portal change to this?
upload_2017-6-1_15-58-41.png

Did anyone's portal change to this?
View attachment 219791

Yes, I've seen it at times. Just log out and log back in and it should take you to the application. Worst case, go to Discover Drexel - Login or the Drexel Pathway to Medical School website and click the "start the application" prompt and log in there. Hope this help. Still no updates on my end in the portal though.

I was looking through class of 14_ 15 and they didn't get their acceptances till well into June 6. Keep your burning guys we are almost there. Only I don't understand why some get early notifications than others... oh well

Has anyone heard of applicants that have interviewed and gotten rejected?