Drexel DPMS 2014-15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a completed application email yesterday. Hoping to hear soon about the interview, if I am lucky enough to make it that far. I am glad to see everyone has all thier materials in:)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know whether materials should arrive before the deadline or postmarked before the deadline?

Does anyone know whether materials should arrive before the deadline or postmarked before the deadline?

When I called them, they told me that it needed to be in their office by Friday April 25th (today)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone else is as nervous as I am...Hah, who am I kidding; I just need a virtual hand to hold while I sit here every minute freaking out for the next few weeks.

Fingers crossed for everyone!! ><

Reactions: 5 users
Hey just wanted to say good luck to everyone applying this year! I'm a current DPMSer as well and for those worried who applied last min don't fret. I had my application completed the week of the deadline and had to wait a bit but got an interview in mid May and was accepted. So, just keep checking your emails and if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask or pm me.

Reactions: 3 users
For the applicants extended interviews have they been offering you to stay w/ current med students (or previous post bacs) as an option?
I've volunteered to let people (med school applicants) crash at my place, talk about drexel and any questions/anxieties they have. I'll extend this to those getting interview invites and give you info about my closeness to the school (15 min walk), etc. PM if interested & good luck.

Reactions: 5 users
What is the likelihood that people with hear about interview invites this week?

Reactions: 2 users
Just wondering but is there anyone that got an interview offer and applied as a regular applicant to Drexel Med. I heard that you can get your DPMS app status updated on the same website that you applied through as a regular applicant.

Just wondering but is there anyone that got an interview offer and applied as a regular applicant to Drexel Med. I heard that you can get your DPMS app status updated on the same website that you applied through as a regular applicant.
Yupp I did. And yes both applications are listed on the portal site.

It wasnt an email is was on the banner website and it said I'm going to be scheduled for an interview

Congrats!! Did you have a paper application or online application? For some reason, my application doesnt seem to be showing up, even though I received an email I was complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Did you have a paper application or online application? For some reason, my application doesnt seem to be showing up, even though I received an email I was complete.
I originally submitted through paper but then it got lost in the mail so I emailed it to the office. Did you apply as regular applicant and it took a while after my completion email before my app was uploaded.

I originally submitted through paper but then it got lost in the mail so I emailed it to the office. Did you apply as regular applicant and it took a while after my completion email before my app was uploaded.

I submitted the paper application. My app was never uploaded to the website.

Where is everybody checking their application statuses? I haven't received an email yet but I called the office and they told me that they would either call to confirm/email me when they had put my entire application together and I submitted mine online

Yeah, I did. :(
I was complete Apr 11, paper app and I don't see my app online either.
Just thought I would share for your peace of mind. Congrats to those who recently found out. Keeping fingers crossed, hopefully we will hear soon

Where is everybody checking their application statuses? I haven't received an email yet but I called the office and they told me that they would either call to confirm/email me when they had put my entire application together and I submitted mine online
I think this pertains if you applied to Drexel this past cycle as a traditional applicant. You can use the same login they provide you for the regular app to find out about dpms as well. I maybe wrong, so please correct if I misunderstood

I think this pertains if you applied to Drexel this past cycle as a traditional applicant. You can use the same login they provide you for the regular app to find out about dpms as well. I maybe wrong, so please correct if I misunderstood
Nope you're completely right. If you applied as a regular applicant this past cycle just log back in on the banner website and it should have your app there. If not it means that they just haven't uploaded it. Also in previous years threads a lot people found out about their statuses way before they were notified that way.

Nope you're completely right. If you applied as a regular applicant this past cycle just log back in on the banner website and it should have your app there. If not it means that they just haven't uploaded it. Also in previous years threads a lot people found out about their statuses way before they were notified that way.
Okay Great! So if you submitted your application just for the DPMS program but not for the application cycle you wont be able to see if you have a pending invite? I tried to login because I submitted my application online and there was nothing to refer to.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay Great! So if you submitted your application just for the DPMS program but not for the application cycle you wont be able to see if you have a pending invite? I tried to login because I submitted my application online and there was nothing to refer to.
correct

Since those thy applied only to DPMS, are we able to call/email the admissions office to inquire if we are on the list to schedule for an interview?

Since those thy applied only to DPMS, are we able to call/email the admissions office to inquire if we are on the list to schedule for an interview?

Are you asking if you can call the MED school admissions office?--> NOPE you CAN'T. Can you call the DPMS office--> YES. You certainly can call/email whenever you like and ask about your application w/ the dpms office. You'll be notified if you do have an interview by one method if not multiple. IF extended an interview at the med school for the dpms program you'll get a choice of dates if available.

i have not heard anything. anybody else?

Reactions: 1 users
It has only been 3 business days since the app closed though

My application has been completed for a while and I have not heard back since

Hey guys,

Again don't worry too much haha. I submitted around 4/23 and got an interview invite mid May. Time means nothing to Drexel, as you will soon find out.

Hey, I did not apply to Drexel application cycle, only to DMPS, but online though. I logged back into the application last week after reading some of the comments and realized I have been invited for an interview, I just need to schedule. Log back in, view your application, you should see a link above that says "Click to see if you have been invited for Interview" and did and voila... Good Luck to everyone.

Hey, I did not apply to Drexel application cycle, only to DMPS, but online though. I logged back into the application last week after reading some of the comments and realized I have been invited for an interview, I just need to schedule. Log back in, view your application, you should see a link above that says "Click to see if you have been invited for Interview" and did and voila... Good Luck to everyone.

@Believe!!!!!!! just out of curiosity when were you complete? I just recently completed last week so that's probably why I can't see anything yet when I log into my application

@Believe!!!!!!! just out of curiosity when were you complete? I just recently completed last week so that's probably why I can't see anything yet when I log into my application
My case is kinda tricky, I submitted my application first week of April, but my letter of recommendation wasn't received till the week of the due date. I had also received an email saying my application is not complete yet waiting for LOR... but I guess my application was reviewed without the LOR. If you completed the date of the deadline, they are probably still reviewing apps so no worries.

This makes me regret not submitting my app online!;)

Does this program start in June or July? Or August? haha.

My case is kinda tricky, I submitted my application first week of April, but my letter of recommendation wasn't received till the week of the due date. I had also received an email saying my application is not complete yet waiting for LOR... but I guess my application was reviewed without the LOR. If you completed the date of the deadline, they are probably still reviewing apps so no worries.
Oh WOW that would be amazing! But I cant find my application online!?!?! I go to the DPMS website, click on Apply to the Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program, then to Apply online and when I get to the server (aka Bannerweb) nothing, as if there was never an application completed

It could be they just haven't gotten to uploading it yet to the website.
I submitted mine online, I even went as far as to "start a new application" to see if it would bring me to a page where past applications have been submitted but nothing. Has anyone gotten an actual email or been contacted directly?

Same I've gotten the complete email but not anything since.(which I guess good so I can focus on exams)

The suspense is killing me. I've been complete as of 4/14, but haven't heard a peep. I looked on the banner website following some of the suggestions, but its completely blank. (I applied via their online website).

I can't sit still. +pissed+

I submitted mine online, I even went as far as to "start a new application" to see if it would bring me to a page where past applications have been submitted but nothing. Has anyone gotten an actual email or been contacted directly?

maybe you only see a change in your online application once you are offered an interview??? regardless all we can do is wait... darn the suspense! :(

Last edited: