Azcom 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when we will be receiving our financial aid award letters?

Last time I spoke to the financial aid office I think they said 2 weeks before classes start.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you guys all submitted your financial aid stuff already? I submitted my FAFSA awhile back, but I haven't done the online financial aid counseling stuff online or submitted the promissary note yet. I have gotten 4 emails now to my student email account saying that I urgently needed to get my financial aid stuff complete. However, I'm not really clear as to the urgency since many people are still interviewing and won't have finalized their school choices until mid-May. I mean, do people who submit their financial aid paperwork in the summer NOT get their Stafford loans... I don't think, so as far as I know. Anyone have any information on the financial aid counseling stuff we have to submit online?

Two weeks before classes start sure seems like a short period of time. What is we don't end up getting all of the loans we request / are expecting.

rkaz - I was just told that our class needed all the financial aid stuff (checklist) complete by 4/3/09. Maybe it's different for those who interviewed later. I would just give the financial aid office a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Two weeks before classes start sure seems like a short period of time. What is we don't end up getting all of the loans we request / are expecting.

rkaz - I was just told that our class needed all the financial aid stuff (checklist) complete by 4/3/09. Maybe it's different for those who interviewed later. I would just give the financial aid office a call.

I am pretty sure everyone gets the amount they asked for, what differs from person to person is what portion of their loan is subsidized. Still, I am not sure so I would suggest calling the financial aid office. I did a while back but I don't remember exactly what they told me.

Yikes! I was accepted back in February. I never saw any April deadline for this. I'll have to call the office to make sure I'm still okay and get on it immediately.

My rationale was simply that since some students are holding a few acceptances, obviously they aren't going to be submitting their Master Promissary Note to all the schools they are holding acceptances at - thus I figured that even though I'm not planning on attending any other DO school besides AZCOM, I could also wait as well (I'm about 99% set on AZCOM right now).

What happens if someone doesn't get all the money they request? I never knew that someone couldn't get the full Stafford amount. Would they just have to borrow the rest through private loans?

*There used to be a troll post above this one, now it is gone! Thanks SDN!*

Troll post, posted in CCOM forum as well. Just ignore it and keep the discussion moving as if nothing is there...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Troll post, posted in CCOM forum as well. Just ignore it and keep the discussion moving as if nothing is there...... :rolleyes:

Agreed, a complete troll post. I've reported him. The guy probably couldn't even get into AZCOM.

Have you guys all submitted your financial aid stuff already? I submitted my FAFSA awhile back, but I haven't done the online financial aid counseling stuff online or submitted the promissary note yet. I have gotten 4 emails now to my student email account saying that I urgently needed to get my financial aid stuff complete. However, I'm not really clear as to the urgency since many people are still interviewing and won't have finalized their school choices until mid-May. I mean, do people who submit their financial aid paperwork in the summer NOT get their Stafford loans... I don't think, so as far as I know. Anyone have any information on the financial aid counseling stuff we have to submit online?

I also have not submitted all the required documents and have received the emails. I emailed financial aid and told them I planned on submitting it around the end of April or so. They responded saying that was fine and there is no deadline but obviously we shouldn't wait too long either! I hope that helps. I am working out the details to submit all of my info this week!

I also have not submitted all the required documents and have received the emails. I emailed financial aid and told them I planned on submitting it around the end of April or so. They responded saying that was fine and there is no deadline but obviously we shouldn't wait too long either! I hope that helps. I am working out the details to submit all of my info this week!

Thanks! You are right; I called the financial aid office and was told the same thing. They said to fill it out as soon as I could, but otherwise I am fine. I did all the online steps with the exception of the Master Promissary Note. I don't want to sign that until I am 100.0000% sure of starting. Right now I'm about 99.9% sure, but anything less than completely sure is not worth signing a MPN over. I'll complete the last step of signing the MPN sometime mid-July.

I just wanted to say congrats to the future class of 2013. You will find most current students more than helpful in providing you with any guidance you may like.

Hi everyone! I know there has been a lot of talk about financial aid, but would someone mind giving a brief run down of the steps they took? I filled out FAFSA a few months ago and haven't looked at anything else. I'm really just putting it off because I'm confused, haha. I'm on the waitlist at a few schools, so I'm just a little apprehensive about starting this process at one school if I do end up getting in somewhere else. But I do realize I don't have too much time to wait, there's a loooot of money we need! Thank you SO much in advance!!

Hi everyone! I know there has been a lot of talk about financial aid, but would someone mind giving a brief run down of the steps they took? I filled out FAFSA a few months ago and haven't looked at anything else. I'm really just putting it off because I'm confused, haha. I'm on the waitlist at a few schools, so I'm just a little apprehensive about starting this process at one school if I do end up getting in somewhere else. But I do realize I don't have too much time to wait, there's a loooot of money we need! Thank you SO much in advance!!

Hey, I just saw that you posted in the Wayne St. thread...I'm waitlisted there also. I just filled out the FAFSA yesterday and submitted it, and I accepted the on-campus housing assignment at AZCOM, but I haven't done anything else besides that...Hope that helps some :)

Hey, I just saw that you posted in the Wayne St. thread...I'm waitlisted there also. I just filled out the FAFSA yesterday and submitted it, and I accepted the on-campus housing assignment at AZCOM, but I haven't done anything else besides that...Hope that helps some :)

Hey! It's nice to see a fellow Wolverine on here....I'm trying to wait patiently for Wayne, but I'm so frustrated with them. Although, I loved AZCOM but am getting more stressed waiting with nothing done if it comes down to the last minute and moving across country! Thanks for the reply though!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i'm just slowly prepping for my move to Glendale (SO EXCITED!!!)- i was wondering which cell phone carrier gives the best reception in the area? I'm starting to look at deals on phones and whatnot so any advice would be great. :D

Verizon and Alltel (which have now merged) are probably the best signal wise. A lot of people have AT&T, which is so-so, becuase they have Iphones.

Sublet with 2nd year DO roommate and rare appearance from a 4th year DO student (who's room you'll be taking).

Fully Furnished Apartment 1100sq ft at Sagestone. Queen size bed, desk and dresser, walk in closet, master bathroom, Piano, 42 inch HDTV with BluRay player, Large Grill, Patio with chairs/table. Less than a mile from campus. Fully furnished kitchen with most appliance and living room. Covered parking (shared with roommate). Pool. Gated community.

$550/mo plus utilities (about 75-100/mo)

[email protected]
217-417-2657

is there a pool in azcom's gym, i dont remember seeing one when interviewing but the gym was under construction

is there a pool in azcom's gym, i dont remember seeing one when interviewing but the gym was under construction

No there isn't. Which is really weird.

Hi Everybody,
I have been accepted to both AZCOM and Western COMP but am having a hard time deciding. Am I crazy? I know that AZCOM has a better reputation (at least with the MD's I have spoken with), but am concerned about 3rd and 4th year rotatations with the increased class size. Also, Western seems to have a much larger residency network than AZCOM, and wonder if being a graduate of Western will help me to obtain a Western residency. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

The on-campus housing complex has its own pool, open only to housing residents I believe, and down 57th about .75 mile (temporarily closed until September so you have to go a different, longer route) is the Glendale Aquatic Rec Center which has swimming, and there's usually some kind of discounted membership offer for students every fall. So prob'ly they figured it wasn't worth it building another pool. Plus, they needed room for sewing and music.

The gym building is not ideally designed from the students' point of view but this is what we get and, you know, it's better than nothing. Although, I've heard that the old, now closed, weight room in Barrel was larger than the new one in the gym. I think they should have left the old weight room there, so more people could use them.

Hi Everybody,
I have been accepted to both AZCOM and Western COMP but am having a hard time deciding. Am I crazy? I know that AZCOM has a better reputation (at least with the MD's I have spoken with), but am concerned about 3rd and 4th year rotatations with the increased class size. Also, Western seems to have a much larger residency network than AZCOM, and wonder if being a graduate of Western will help me to obtain a Western residency. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

I think residency is not restricted by school; it's all about your board scores, grades, recommendations, and performance on 3rd-4th year rotations. I'm not there yet so I'm just sharing "common knowledge" here; perhaps a 4th year or resident can comment. It doesn't hurt that AZCOM has a good reputation, though.

Regarding 3rd year rotations, you're restricted to Arizona for all but one primary care rotation which can be almost anywhere (in the 50 states). I heard a Canadian was unable to go back to Canada for one. A friend of mine's headed for NY state for hers. Or else, they have the Ohio rotations, and those haven't started yet so no data is available. Probably by the time you matriculate (way too late, of course) there'll be more information trickling back from our colleagues there.

I would guess COMP has some awesome rotation spots around LA and California in general, but I don't really know. AZCOM does have a nice campus and is in a pretty nice part of town, for whatever difference that makes. Best of luck deciding!

Hi Everybody,

I'm a soon to be 4th year and just wanted to pass on that your board scores, clinical rotations, and letters of rec will get you the residency you want. As for getting a "Western" residency I suppose you might have a few more connections if you went to Western. BUT, I think the bigger picture is that you want to get the best board scores that you can so you can get the residency you want. AZCOM has great basic science faculty. That being said, medical school is really what you put into it, get the book, study the material, and you'll get good scores. Everybody in the country has the same Robbins text for Pathology basically, it's up to you to digest out the information for yourself. I'm planning on matching allopathic but I don't feel that I would have any problem matching into just about any osteopathic residency. You just have to have confidence, work hard, and get it done. Keep your eyes on the prize. In the end, everyone will have that DO or MD at the end of their name and have a job. Hope that helps.

Hey, for anyone moving to AZ from out of state, how do you plan to move? lol

I am currently in MI and don't necessarily have anything of real value (except a TV, PS3, and laptop) but don't really want to spend thousands at Ikea (for example) buying new things for an on-campus apartment. However, I definitely do not want to drive from Michigan to Arizona. What are some other people doing?

I am currently in MI and don't necessarily have anything of real value (except a TV, PS3, and laptop) but don't really want to spend thousands at Ikea (for example) buying new things for an on-campus apartment. However, I definitely do not want to drive from Michigan to Arizona. What are some other people doing?

Well if you don't want to drive yourself the only other way of getting all your furniture and stuff would be to pay someone - Check out movinghelp.com .

Since you don't want to spend too much money at ikea for an on-campus apartment (which makes sense) you could also pick up cheap furniture locally by using craigslist.

I'm only a 5 hour drive away from AZ so I am just driving out there.

im in the same boat as you, but im coming from Florida. if you don't want to drive, you can have your car shipped to az. im guessing it will cost around $800, but don't quote me. another thing you could do, is ask some friends or family to drive it down with you (it can be like a road trip), and offer them a plane ride back as some sort of compensation.

im not bringing anything besides my clothes and other small things that i can bring on a plane. i figure i'll just buy a cheap desk, chair, and a small bed and ill be good to go. im not going to be buying any high end furniture or the like, just enough to get me through.

I have put down a deposit at AZCOM but have also been accepted to Touro MI. I am from california and can't decide which school is right for me. I have tried multiple times to contact current AZCOM students to no avail. I have unasnwered questions that I feel would help me make a decision. If you are a current student, please contact me...I would greatly appreciate it!

[email protected]

Some differences I have been considering:
AZCOM: topic based curriculum, testing twice/week (this seems like it would be really stressful to me and that you have no time to breathe)

TouroCOM: system-based curriculum, block exams (about 3/semester), also at Touro you can dispute exam questions you feel are unfair.

Thanks!! I need to make a decision within the next week!

yeah i'm moving from OH so i'm not quite sure what i'm going to do either. I am renting a room from a second year so the only thing i need to bring out are some boxes of stuff/clothes/tv/ and possible dresser/bed but i might just buy that cheap at ikea and say screw big moving costs. Dciple: where in MI are you and when would you be moving out? We could possibly split a truck/uhaul to keep costs down if needed?

i've also heard about using the PODS system, but those also seem super expensive...

ahhh moving sucks!

Sublet with 2nd year DO roommate and rare appearance from a 4th year DO student (who's room you'll be taking).

Fully Furnished Apartment 1100sq ft at Sagestone. Queen size bed, desk and dresser, walk in closet, master bathroom, Piano, 42 inch HDTV with BluRay player, Large Grill, Patio with chairs/table. Less than a mile from campus. Fully furnished kitchen with most appliance and living room. Covered parking (shared with roommate). Pool. Gated community.

$550/mo plus utilities (about 75-100/mo)

[email protected]
217-417-2657

Just wanted to pass on that my rent decreased this year so I can go down to $450/mo plus 1/2 utilities.

I have put down a deposit at AZCOM but have also been accepted to Touro MI. I am from california and can't decide which school is right for me. I have tried multiple times to contact current AZCOM students to no avail. I have unasnwered questions that I feel would help me make a decision. If you are a current student, please contact me...I would greatly appreciate it!

AZCOM: topic based curriculum, testing twice/week (this seems like it would be really stressful to me and that you have no time to breathe)

TouroCOM: system-based curriculum, block exams (about 3/semester), also at Touro you can dispute exam questions you feel are unfair.

Hi Arlevine,

Congratulations on your acceptances! That's great. A few months ago I was in your shoes, actively trying to find information to decide between schools. However, I was never able to find anything very substantial to differentiate one school from another. I have heard that the first 2 years at AZCOM are solid, but that the 3rd/4th year clinical situation is a bit iffy right now. Initially this was a big concern for me. However, when I put things in perspective, for me, living in Arizona near family was truly important - and I figured that I am just going to make the best of the situation for whatever it may be. I was stuck in analysis-paralysis mode for awhile, but finally I just had to go with my gut feeling.

Consider which school you had a better 'jive' with. Did you find people friendlier in one place versus another? Which campus did you like better? Which city would you rather live in? Which curriculum do you prefer? (etc)

Although I think AZCOM may have a slightly better reputation than Touro-MI, I don't think it's a huge difference. If going to Touro gives you the chance to be closer to family and friends, and gives you a curriculum you prefer... then perhaps that is the best choice for you. Also, Arizona weather is nice, but California's can't be beat. Although I believe AZCOM is the best DO school to fit my needs, maybe Touro might be yours. I certainly don't want to discourage you from coming here, as I'd like to welcome my future classmates with open arms... but being able to live near family and friends is wonderful, and a great source of support during stressful med school years. So if I were from California, that would be a strong consideration.

Here are a few threads that might be helpful to you:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=206582

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=588877

Good luck with your decision!

Congratulations on getting into AZCOM, Class of 2013!

Just want to put out some housing info's for those trying to pick a place to live for next year (or years). These are places that I know/have seen. There are a tons more housing options around here if you have time to drive around and look. I think renting a house is the best deal if you can find roommates or have a family. Feel free to PM me if you have any question.:)

1. House for rent on 76th Ave/Utopia (1 mile west of school). $1500/month. This is my mentor, Dr. Dave Miller's House. (His specialty is OMM, a great guy to get to know!) 4 bedroom, 3 bath. Nice residential community. More info/picture contact Dr. Miller at (623) 687-6786 or [email protected]
  2. Fully furnished studio apartment for sub-lease on 59th Ave/Northern (8 miles directly south of school). $400/month, internet included. This was my friend's apt. He just got into graduate school in Washington DC, so he's subleasing his place from July to Nov. More info contact Mrs. Dy (his mom): (480) 231-1697
  3. $100 off rent at Adobe Ridge Apartment (2 miles east of school). This is where I'm living and it's a great community. A number of Midwestern Students live here also. They are having a special that if I refer a friend, they will give me a $200 rent coupon. So I don't mind sharing half of that. :) I'm paying $700 for a spacious 1 bedroom apartment. PM me for more info. http://www.mlpllc.com/Property.cfm?PID=1
  4. 3 of the most popular apartments for MWU students are right across from campus. They are San Lagos, San Padro, and Sage Stone. These are all really nice apartments that my friends signed the lease before they had a look at the place. The 1 bedroom for these places run around $850~$950ish. (Sage Stone might be slightly cheaper) Quite expensive for Phoenix, but you pay for the convenience.

Last edited:

I've just finished MSI at AZCOM, so I can give you my view points on the differences you've listed.
Topic Based: I for the longest time thought I wanted system based curriculum. I love the idea of integrating different knowledge. However, after my first year, I feel topic based curriculum gives a better structure for my learning. Your mind won't fly over anatomy, biochem, pharm, physio, path all at once. And in fact, the departments try to correlate the topics we learn in different classes so they are not completely separate from each other.
Test twice a week: I'm better at taking exams that contain less material than a gigantic final exam. So I like the frequent test schedule (can't believe I'm saying it).
Exam dispute: We do it quite often too. Some professors also do item analysis and throws out questions that seemed unfair/unclear.

I'm from CA and tried to stay in CA. But Touro just wasn't impressive for me. It was quite a depressing place in fact. But again, that's just what I feel. It's hard to make such a dicision, if everything else is pretty much the same, choose the place where you would be happy to live in for the next 4 years.

Test twice a week: I'm better at taking exams that contain less material than a gigantic final exam. So I like the frequent test schedule (can't believe I'm saying it).

So that weekly exams are relatively small exams?

I'm from CA and tried to stay in CA. But Touro just wasn't impressive for me. It was quite a depressing place in fact. But again, that's just what I feel. It's hard to make such a dicision, if everything else is pretty much the same, choose the place where you would be happy to live in for the next 4 years.

I am in the same boat this year...I ended picking AZCOM over Touro because the feel of the area around both campuses even though I wanted to stay in CA.

Hi everyone! I'm going to be a MS1 at AZCOM looking for a house to rent near campus. Please PM me if you are trying to rent your house or have any other info. I'm trying to stay under $1,000/a month. Thanks!

Hi All,
I'll be starting this year and haven't received a schedule of classes yet. I called student services and they said I should plan on being in class from 8 am to 5 or 6 pm. This sounds like a lot of class to me, considering many other programs talked about being done by 1, starting later in the morning, or having certain days when they are out at 3. Are we really in class that long? I'm looking for some down time to study during the week, and I have a couple kids to take care of! Any help/info would be great.
I am super-excited to start!

Thanks for all of your input, I did decide on AZCOM so will be joining the class of 2013. I don't know anyone in Arizona and am looking to share housing with someone for this year. I am trying to save money so don't want an apartment by myself. If anyone is interested in looking together, please contact me: [email protected]

Also, does anyone know anything about the on-campus housing? Is it good, are there any problems with it (is there anything even left for this year?!?!)?!?!

For those new to the Phoenix area, I just wanted to let you know that there are many traffic cameras all over town. This can be a real issue for those who like to drive fast. Not only do the cameras photograph you for speeding, but you can also get photographed for making a left turn just as the light goes red (in many places - as they have a sign stating 'left turn on green arrow only'). I know both of these tend to be problem areas for many drivers, so be aware of this. I was in Scottsdale a few months ago (after not having driven in the Phoenix area for quite some time, as I'm currently staying in Tucson), and I didn't realized the 'green arrow only' left turn sign. So I made a left turn on yellow (that turned red mid-way through my turn on the intersection), and I got a nice photo of myself in the mail. The traffic cameras are really annoying, but I just wanted to warn people who aren't from the area.

You can check out this page about the camera issue that is currently on CNN news.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/06/04/aa.speed.cameras.highways/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

I have a geeky question. Has anyone gotten the schedule of classes yet or will we not see those until orientation? Also, why do we need 4 days of orientation? What could they possibly have to tell us that will take 4 days?

I have a geeky question. Has anyone gotten the schedule of classes yet or will we not see those until orientation? Also, why do we need 4 days of orientation? What could they possibly have to tell us that will take 4 days?

the block schedules aren't made yet, but here is the site you will be able to find them on. http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/administrative/Registrar/regAZ.htm#Blocks

as far as orientation goes, last year (for the masters program) orientation was long too, but most days you are only there for a few hours. One day there is a big financial aid meeting, the first day all of the programs meet together and we talk about basic campus stuff (because we are starting early it will probably just be DO/POD this year), then we all split off into our respective groups and talked about our specific programs. You will also be fitted for a white coat, get your pic taken for your ID, get your mailbox key etc. They could definitely put it all into one or two days, but for whatever reason they choose to spread it out...which is fine with me because it means there aren't any terribly long days...at least not until the first day of classes.

Ok, does anyone know how long we will be in classes each day? I mean honestly....8am-5pm every day seems a bit much. I am sure we have lectures in the AM and some afternoon labs...but any MS1/2 that can chime in and give us an idea of a typical day? Thanks so much:D

Can anyone recommend anyone pet-friendly apartments in the area? I'd be moving from out of state and anything that narrows the search down would be much appreciated. :)

Most of the other apartment complexes in the area allow pets. San Lagos and Sagestone are popular for students. San Prado is the closest but unreasonably expensive. I live at Adobe Ridge, the one close complex east of school. To my knowledge they all allow pets (maybe not big dogs) with a deposit and a small rent fee. And as far as I know, they all offer MWU discounts.

I was just going to let yall know that I declined my acceptance at AZCOM. I hope that this seat opens up for one of you. Best of luck in the future.

Ok, does anyone know how long we will be in classes each day? I mean honestly....8am-5pm every day seems a bit much. I am sure we have lectures in the AM and some afternoon labs...but any MS1/2 that can chime in and give us an idea of a typical day? Thanks so much:D

This is a good question and something I was also interested in. You have to keep in mind that the 2013 class is starting a cpl weeks earlier than the other classes so maybe you will be in class less per day than we were.

However, class starts at 8 then you have lunch at 12. Then you have class at 1 until 3. IF you have anatomy lab on that day you can be there until 530 or sometimes 6. Expect to be in class from 8-3 and sometimes 8-5

You will be in class a lot. its ok though, you get use to it. The first weeks or so is the hardest to get through but after that you get use to it all.:eek:

This is a good question and something I was also interested in. You have to keep in mind that the 2013 class is starting a cpl weeks earlier than the other classes so maybe you will be in class less per day than we were.

However, class starts at 8 then you have lunch at 12. Then you have class at 1 until 3. IF you have anatomy lab on that day you can be there until 530 or sometimes 6. Expect to be in class from 8-3 and sometimes 8-5

You will be in class a lot. its ok though, you get use to it. The first weeks or so is the hardest to get through but after that you get use to it all.:eek:

Yeah. We're in class a LOT. A whole lot.

Has anyone received any further information about what to expect with schedules, classes, financial aid, etc? Are we just going to learn about everything at orientation? I've been having many "now what" moments.

You should eventually get your award letter for financial aid. They typically go program by program awarding them (and probably year by year also). I think I got mine as a new student sometime in mid-summer, so don't freak out if you havent' gotten it yet.

You will learn more than you will ever want to know about health insurance, financial aid, the libabry services, and tons more at orientation. Schedules (are usually posted 3 weeks before classes at the www.mwunet.midwestern.edu site, if it asks for a password- just hit cancel), locker assignments, keys to mailboxes (located in Barrel 3- FYI, they didn't tell us), and will get your IDs also during day 3 or orientation(pics for IDs are taken the 1st day, so look pretty).

Schedules: Here's winter quater- It's pretty close to what you will expect for fall. The only difference is that the blocks dedicated to physio would be spent on biochem and anatomy (but either way your in class during that time). Also, they treat anatomy, histo, and embryo like one giant class- so just because its says one thing on the official schedule, doesn't necessarily mean you'll be hearing about that topic in class (you'll get a separate schedule for those classes)-P.s. take this with a grain of salt, the schedule maybe really different since you all are starting earlier??? Also, 3rd quarter you get out a bit earlier (like 2-3pm, as opposed to 4-5pm) most days since you don't have biochem workshop or anatomy lab anymore.

You will have at least one exam a week 1st quarter (excluding the 1st two weeks), sometimes 2. You will pretty much have 2 exams every week 2nd and 3rd quarters (again , excluding the 1st 2 weeks of the quarter). Finals- Omm finals are given the week before "finals" week, as is the ICM practical (3rd quarter is a bit different). You will have ~1 final a day during finals week, and they do a decent job of alternating easy and hard finals during that week.

scream if you have more questions

Attachments

• sched.doc
    36 KB · Views: 317
Thanks for the information. Its just crazy that we are going to be starting in a few weeks and I still feel like there are so many things I need to know before classes start. Do most people attend class?

Thanks for the information. Its just crazy that we are going to be starting in a few weeks and I still feel like there are so many things I need to know before classes start. Do most people attend class?

Some do, some don't. If you don't: make sure you befriend someone who does so you keep abreast of what is going on in there (sometimes professors announce or cut topics for the exam). If you do: keep up on the material and topics being discussed. Classes are useless to you if you're clueless to what's going on in them.

Some do, some don't. If you don't: make sure you befriend someone who does so you keep abreast of what is going on in there (sometimes professors announce or cut topics for the exam). If you do: keep up on the material and topics being discussed. Classes are useless to you if you're clueless to what's going on in them.

I understand. I plan on going to class and seeing if it is beneficial. I appreciate the advice.

1. House for rent on 76th Ave/Utopia (1 mile west of school). $1500/month. This is my mentor, Dr. Dave Miller's House. (His specialty is OMM, a great guy to get to know!) 4 bedroom, 3 bath. Nice residential community. More info/picture contact Dr. Miller at (623) 687-6786 or [email protected]

Just want to add some photos for the house.

4699_703335413065_3403500_42480352_5948528_n.jpg

photo.php

4699_703335428035_3403500_42480355_3826925_n.jpg

4699_703335447995_3403500_42480359_6584381_n.jpg

More on:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2354779&id=3403500&l=e13ae98975

The expectation is that you attend class (unfortunately- which kind of makes you feel like a kid). I would guess on average 75% of our class present at any given class. Some professors have "fill in the blank" notes to encourage people attending class or "clicker" questions (which tend to show up on exams). And you get a better feel of the expectations for the exams, if you attend class. So I would reccommend it.