Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the FA is going to be on point. Nothing that I've been able to dig up gives any indication that they won't be approved for federal loans. If I get accepted, I'm in. Everything just felt right for me.
I agree I really liked it, I just hope they get the kinks worked out

Members don't see this ad.

I guess that's just a risk you have to be willing to take with a new school.

Is the admissions committee meeting tomorrow or next Thursday?

I'm thinking about this too much, I know..

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet. They told us up to 3 weeks, so who knows.

Anyone else here interviewing Oct. 3rd? Marrowist, I saw that you will be.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to those interviewing today.

I was just selected for an interview, but the link to the interview portal does not work. Did anyone else have this problem?

Yes, this happened to me. I would respond to the email and let them know. That's what I did.

I was just selected for an interview, but the link to the interview portal does not work. Did anyone else have this problem?

Yes, same thing happened to me. Just emailed them. I'll update you on what they say

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a II just recently. But the link to the portal doesn't work either. If it happened for you guys too, any possibility that it could've been a mistake and they rescind it? I'll start crying

I got a II just recently. But the link to the portal doesn't work either. If it happened for you guys too, any possibility that it could've been a mistake and they rescind it? I'll start crying
No, not likely at all. This has happened to everyone (or almost everyone) that has received an II.

Don't listen to the little voice in your head that says the issue is due to a rescinded II. You'll be fine and have a good link in no time.

They are probably just working out some kinks. Just interviewed today. Call them. Awesome staff, awesome facility. Going to be a great program.

Interviewing 10/10! What airport did y'all fly into?

I interview on the 14th and I'm flying into Tulsa followed by a 2 hr drive. The flights are expensive, might want to get on it quick! (I was checking sites and the price tripled over 2 days, so I bit b4 it got worse..)

The flight directly into Fort Smith was actually cheaper than Tulsa if anyone is looking for flights for next week!

II and portal isn't working for me as well...

I'm waiting on a response from them on my interview date confirmation bc I already booked the flight. I'll calm down once I see that I didn't just throw away that money

Hey Guys,

I recently got an II.

Can anyone who has interviewed here please provide me with some insight into the interview??

What was the feel of the school like? Interview questions?

I would really really appreciate your help.

Thanks so much!

Hey Guys,

I recently got an II.

Can anyone who has interviewed here please provide me with some insight into the interview??

Thanks so much!

It is INCREDIBLY laid back. Out of the three interviews I have had, it was the most relaxed. They are very welcoming, as there are no students in the school. I believe it will be a great program. Just know why you want to be a DO, why you want to practice medicine, etc.

Thank you so much for the heads up!

How long after the interview did you hear back?
Were there MMI ?

Also, what did you think of the area??

I have not heard about an acceptance yet. It will be 2 weeks. It was a traditional interview, 2 on 1. The area is great, anything you would want. Beautiful state. Also, be sure to ask the staff questions.

Hey Guys,

I recently got an II.

Thanks so much!

The school is very welcoming and all of the staff are very much focused on the school's mission and the success of their future students.

You'll be sat down in an office where it's just you and your two interviewers. The interview has a conversational feel to it (they'll likely try to make you feel as comfortable as possible, they're not trying to scare you).

Interview questions were mostly basic, but I'm sure that they alter the questions a bit for each interviewee. Mine were something along the lines of "tell me something about yourself that isn't on your application, how will you handle the changes in your life that medical school will bring, name an ethical issue in your field of work and how to manage it, how do you manage stress/loss of a patient/disappointment."

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Do you know how big their incoming class is, or how likely an acceptance is after an interview?

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Do you know how big their incoming class is, or how likely an acceptance is after an interview?

Thanks!
Class size is 150. No way to tell about acceptance rates.

I see on the website that a letter of rec from a DO is required; however, I was invited to interview with only an MD letter. Did this happen to anyone else? Are their admissions requirements flexible since they are a new program, or will I be required to supply a DO letter if accepted?

I see on the website that a letter of rec from a DO is required; however, I was invited to interview with only an MD letter. Did this happen to anyone else? Are their admissions requirements flexible since they are a new program, or will I be required to supply a DO letter if accepted?
They'll want the DO letter prior to reviewing your file for admission

In my opinion, you will likely not be required to submit a D.O. letter. They have already looked over your file and decided you were good enough for an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
In my opinion, you will likely not be required to submit a D.O. letter. They have already looked over your file and decided you were good enough for an interview.

Take your opinion for what it's worth, but I was contacted post interview and asked to submit mine to allow my file to be reviewed

Have they replied to any emails of yours today? I emailed like 20 mins after I got a response last night and again this morning just to confirm my interview but I haven't heard back. I already booked the flight and it was hella expensive

Have they replied to any emails of yours today? I emailed like 20 mins after I got a response last night and again this morning just to confirm my interview but I haven't heard back. I already booked the flight and it was hella expensive
The reply I received today was from one I sent Friday night. I would call if I were you.

I gave them a call and they are busy trying to get the website back into order. If you emailed them Mandy will eventually get to you.

Take your opinion for what it's worth, but I was contacted post interview and asked to submit mine to allow my file to be reviewed

Ok thanks! I'll get on that tomorrow. I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon from this school TBH. It's great that they schedule you for an interview so promptly!

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any interview dates later than Oct. 17?

I emailed her and asked if there are any other later dates. We'll see what she says...

Does anyone know if they have mandatory lecture or a dress code?

Did they change the admission requirements because I don't see the cut offs on the MCAT or GPA on the website. But I am on my cell phone so it could be formatted weird. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did they change the admission requirements because I don't see the cut offs on the MCAT or GPA on the website. But I am on my cell phone so it could be formatted weird. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I appears they have removed those standards from the requirements page.