Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 secondary! Simple layout, no repetitive info from AACOMAS, NO ESSAY!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how to send LORs to ARCOM through interfolio? The school is not listed in the delivery search.

Can anyone comment on the. clinical rotations for this school?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Can anyone comment on the. clinical rotations for this school?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
They will be in Fort Smith (Sparks and Mercy), as well as spread out throughout the state. Will also include an Indian reserve territory in Oklahoma. They named off a ton of places when they were at the local university, but I can't recall them right now. Hopefully they will put out a list soon. I do know that Mercy and Sparks will be the main targets for the school. Both are pushing to bump up to trauma 2 centers. Mercy is building a ~$8 million clinic right next to the college as a partnership for training purposes.

Just received an "application under review" email, someone is working late!

Has anybody else not gotten a secondary or any other email for that matter?? I emailed them asking about my status last week and I still haven't heard back...

I have received a secondary and a secondary received email. However, I have sent them some emails with questions and have not received any response. My guess is that since this is their first cycle, they are learning as they go.

I have received a secondary and a secondary received email. However, I have sent them some emails with questions and have not received any response. My guess is that since this is their first cycle, they are learning as they go.
When you submitted your secondary did you get the confirmation email quickly after? I submitted and paid however the screen went blank when I pressed submit and I never recieved a confirmation. Maybe it didn't go through?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you submitted your secondary did you get the confirmation email quickly after? I submitted and paid however the screen went blank when I pressed submit and I never recieved a confirmation. Maybe it didn't go through?

I would check to see if the charges went through to your account. I did not receive the secondary received email until last night. I submitted and paid 8/26. I would see what happens this week, it seems they are just starting to sort through some things.

I'm so sorry, just realized it was for the NYITCOM Jonesboro campus... Guess I'm still waiting on this school lol

II at 11:05 pm no joke haha

Edit: no indication that I was complete, submitted secondary first night it was available

3.6/505 stats

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II as well, but there are only 2 dates available right now and I can't attend them.

Just an FYI, I spoke with Patricia in Admissions regarding the old MCAT. They will not accept applications with the old MCAT score regardless of when it was taken. Hopefully I can save some of you from paying the $35 application fee. Best of luck to all other applicants!

So is it guaranteed no financial aid for the first class? you have to pay $60,000 out of pocket?

Just an FYI, I spoke with Patricia in Admissions regarding the old MCAT. They will not accept applications with the old MCAT score regardless of when it was taken. Hopefully I can save some of you from paying the $35 application fee. Best of luck to all other applicants!

Dam!! I wish I knew this earlier! I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email communications from them. Guess I will have to wait till my MCAT on the 10th then. It sucks that some schools take the old one and some only take the new...ughh

Dam!! I wish I knew this earlier! I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email communications from them. Guess I will have to wait till my MCAT on the 10th then. It sucks that some schools take the old one and some only take the new...ughh
As far as I knew this was the only school not accepting the older MCAT. Are there any others?

So is it guaranteed no financial aid for the first class? you have to pay $60,000 out of pocket?
Thinking you'll just have to do private loans instead of federal loans.

If you call for the discounted room rate, be sure to push whatever number connects you directly to the hotel. The central reservations office can't apply the discount. I wouldn't wish that 40 minutes of elevator music on any of y'all.

Interviewing Oct 3rd!

Reactions: 2 users
Just wondering if anyone has some insight into the financial aid situation at this school. Hypothetically if one gets accepted here would they be depending on family contribution/ private loans the whole 4 years or just the first year? I don't know about everyone else on here but I am not capable of funding my medical education out of pocket, seems like they are going to drastically restrict their selection pool of students without providing any means of paying for school here.

As a new school they can only offer private loans until they receive the first level of accredation. If you have any questions just ask the school. I am sure they will do all they can to provide the best financial options they can.

Just a heads up - the requirements they posted are firm. I went to the undergraduate school in Fort Smith and live 10 minutes from the campus. I have spoken to them about the requirements because I have a 504 overall but a 124 in CARS. They told me to retake the MCAT to be considered as a competitive applicant. They will have regional preference, but that does not mean you do not have to meet the requirements they posted. Unlike most schools, meeting 2 out of the 3 does not sound like it will be enough to give you a decent chance at an interview (even for a local applicant). They have agreements in the works with Sparks, but already have rotations setup with Mercy. It is going to be a great school.
I have a 124 in cars and I interview here in two weeks.

I have a 124 in cars and I interview here in two weeks.
Same 124 in psyc/socio and I interview in 2 weeks, I think they realized their standards were a bit unrealistic for an inaugural class

anyone know how their interviews are set up?
one on one, group, panel, or MMI?

anyone know how their interviews are set up?
one on one, group, panel, or MMI?
From the fast facts on the website:

ARCOM will conduct interviews beginning in August. The schedule includes interviews with faculty, administrators, and/or community physicians. Prospective students will receive information about ARCOM campus life, curriculum, financial aid resources, research opportunities, medical outreach programs, clinical rotation sites, and residency programs affiliated with ARCOM. Applicants will also receive a tour of the campus.

I guess nobody probably knows how many interviews/acceptances will be given?

I'm going to call and ask about their FA. If it's really personal loans only then ima drop my II today and it can go to one of you. My credit is sub par and I cannot get one of those loans :(

I'm going to call and ask about their FA. If it's really personal loans only then ima drop my II today and it can go to one of you. My credit is sub par and I cannot get one of those loans :(
Let us know what you find out. Also, explain your situation to them.

Good luck everyone, anyone find anything out about the financial aide?

-___- Applied here without realizing they wont take old MCAT scores.