Anyone heard back from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So since I am so darn anxious to hear back and such...
Of those who think that you have a pretty good shot, would anyone be looking for someone to live with by any chance?
I'm clean, quiet, and respectful. Promise!

i won't be able to help ya. i live in chicago so i'll be commuting if i do get in. CTA ftw! i've been using public transportation for 8 yrs already (high school+undergraduate). perhaps it's time for me to get a (used) car? LOL

sorry for the random topic change. i am extremely anxious too. i haven't been able to sleep well for the past week or so.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting quite nervous as well. I suspect we will hear Friday, but that's a complete guess. I will be extremely depressed if I get rejected from UIC, as it's my first choice and will keep me in Illinois and with my girlfriend. If I get rejected, I already decided I'm going to Michigan, leaving all my family behind and my girlfriend. If that happens, who knows what will happen. My girlfriend is already looking for an apartment near Chicago, specifically the Oak Park area. Has anybody living in the Oak Park area have good experience taking the CTA in? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting quite nervous as well. I suspect we will hear Friday, but that's a complete guess. I will be extremely depressed if I get rejected from UIC, as it's my first choice and will keep me in Illinois and with my girlfriend. If I get rejected, I already decided I'm going to Michigan, leaving all my family behind and my girlfriend. If that happens, who knows what will happen. My girlfriend is already looking for an apartment near Chicago, specifically the Oak Park area. Has anybody living in the Oak Park area have good experience taking the CTA in? :scared:

I was thinking Friday too, and I'm with you on the being upset if it's a rejection. I go to school in AZ but I'm originally from Chicago...got in here and Madison and decided I can't stand to be so far away anymore. If I don't get into UIC I'm going to Madison and also leaving behind my boyfriend and going to a school where I know not a soul and a town that I know nothing about. SO we can only hope UIC has good news for the both of us! Oak Park has a blue line stop so you can take it straight down to UIC without any transfers or anything. Probably would work out just fine obviously unless something went wrong with the L.

Last year a lot of people posted that they got accepted/rejected on April 8th around 11am. Last year April 8th was a Wednesday, meaning we could possibly here tomorrow!

Otherwise if they are consistent with April 8th, Thursday..

And hopefully if not by then, so I can keep my sanity, Friday

I was thinking Friday too, and I'm with you on the being upset if it's a rejection. I go to school in AZ but I'm originally from Chicago...got in here and Madison and decided I can't stand to be so far away anymore. If I don't get into UIC I'm going to Madison and also leaving behind my boyfriend and going to a school where I know not a soul and a town that I know nothing about. SO we can only hope UIC has good news for the both of us! Oak Park has a blue line stop so you can take it straight down to UIC without any transfers or anything. Probably would work out just fine obviously unless something went wrong with the L.

Why are you looking for a roommate if you have a boyfriend you could possibly live with? I'm really hoping I don't get rejected. On top of the out-of-state tuition, I'd also have to deal with finding a place in Michigan to live and spend approximately 10k additional each year. If you go back to Illinois and get accepted at UIC, will you be paying instate tuition? Are you paying out of state tuition in Arizona right now?

Last year a lot of people posted that they got accepted/rejected on April 8th around 11am. Last year April 8th was a Wednesday, meaning we could possibly here tomorrow!

I want to call them and just ask when they'll be sending out notices, but I refuse to be that crazy person that calls the office everyday asking for a status update.

I want to call them and just ask when they'll be sending out notices, but I refuse to be that crazy person that calls the office everyday asking for a status update.

if i haven't heard back by thursday 1pm, i'll give them a call and provide an info i get : )

Looking back 2 years in 2008, it looks like people interviewed during the week of March 25 and got their responses back April 7th which was a Monday. So if we combine two years of data, I think we can extrapolate that we will hear sometime this week. Anybody wanna search for a 2007 thread to see when they got accepted? LOL, we can plot the data. :laugh:

Looking back 2 years in 2008, it looks like people interviewed during the week of March 25 and got their responses back April 7th which was a Monday. So if we combine two years of data, I think we can extrapolate that we will hear sometime this week. Anybody wanna search for a 2007 thread to see when they got accepted? LOL, we can plot the data. :laugh:

hahaha i'm not falling asleep anytime soon even though i have an interview tmrw (midwestern). i will help you look since i am curious myself. i'll update this post with my findings

2005 april 15 2005 is when they heard back, dont know about interview date
2006 interview: monday morning first group, 3/20 // heard back 04-01-2006, 04:25 PM

nothing on 2007 although i did a very lazy search (just looked at threads with more than 15 postings keyword "uic")

Last edited:
Why are you looking for a roommate if you have a boyfriend you could possibly live with? I'm really hoping I don't get rejected. On top of the out-of-state tuition, I'd also have to deal with finding a place in Michigan to live and spend approximately 10k additional each year. If you go back to Illinois and get accepted at UIC, will you be paying instate tuition? Are you paying out of state tuition in Arizona right now?

Ah, he has to stay in Arizona, so we can't live together. :/
Yeah I'd be paying in state at UIC. I never changed my residence to Arizona because I figured I'd be coming back to Illinois. So ya, I'm paying out of state in Arizona, but I got a good scholarship so it ended up being cheaper than going to U of I in Champaign. But now tuition just keeps going up and up, so I need to get out of here haha

UIC-west campus is off the Pink Line, not Blue Line. The closest Blue Line stop is Medical District. You'll want to use the Paulina exit. It is a 5-10 minute walk to campus.

My friend called UIC up and they said they are trying to send out the emails by the end of this week...most likely Friday

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend called UIC up and they said they are trying to send out the emails by the end of this week...most likely Friday

I hope this is true! I try to get it out of my mind and then when I show up at work 10 people ask me about it and I get nervous again!:scared:

Ah I hope it's soon! I've been glued to my phone, and any time it vibrates I rush to the email.

Ah I hope it's soon! I've been glued to my phone, and any time it vibrates I rush to the email.

I'm assuming you're a blackberry user? I've been glued to my phone too. Gotta love push email right? It's gonna suck real bad though if I get rejected through email over the phone. One or two more days and we should get our response. :scared:

hahaha i'm not falling asleep anytime soon even though i have an interview tmrw (midwestern). i will help you look since i am curious myself. i'll update this post with my findings

2005 april 15 2005 is when they heard back, dont know about interview date
2006 interview: monday morning first group, 3/20 // heard back 04-01-2006, 04:25 PM

nothing on 2007 although i did a very lazy search (just looked at threads with more than 15 postings keyword "uic")

Ahhh I'm obsessively checking my email as well.
My midwestern interview is this Friday and it would be awesome to find out that I get accepted to UIC and not have to interview with MDW!

To add to the data...

In 2007 they found out Friday April 13th
In 2009 (last year) they found out as early as Wednesday 04-08-2009, 10:03 AM

I'm assuming you're a blackberry user? I've been glued to my phone too. Gotta love push email right? It's gonna suck real bad though if I get rejected through email over the phone. One or two more days and we should get our response. :scared:

iPhone, but same difference haha. I've been glued to it. Texts are not exciting anymore because it means that the vibration wasn't an email :(
I really hope they let us know by tonight. I anxiously await everyday until its 5 PM central, then I stop being so anxious haha. As long as we don't have to wait until after the weekend...that would be brutal!

This is infuriating- I want to know now! :)

I am not even a pre-pharmacy student and I want to know!!! ;)

like i promised, i gave them a call today.

someone picked up and told me to hold and then hanged up the phone

i called again but all i get is a busy tone:idea:

Still nothing today...., after a week with 3 exams, on top the anxiety I've experienced from waiting for this e-mail, I guess the only way I'll be able to sleep tonight will be if I get extraordinarily drunk. Hopefully I'll have some good news before/during my 8am orgo lab. Barf

Received my acceptance today (04/08/2010) at 3:46 PST by email! :)

Basically there are 3 steps that they need you to do next:

1) complete and print out the "Acceptance Form" from the link they provide you in the email; there are special instructions for those who got into the Rockford Campus;

2) $500 non-refundable deposit that goes straight to University account;

3) mail Acceptance Form + Check/Money order no later than Friday 04/16/2010 @ 5:00pm

it's time to camp your emails; good luck to the rest of you; :thumbup:

ACCEPTED to Chicago campus!
I was compulsively checking my phone the entire four hour volunteering shift I had, and I got it right as I left!
I'm ECSTATIC!!
I hope everyone else hears such great news! Good luck!

It looks like I got put on the Rockford campus even though I never asked for it..and am on the waitlist for the chicago campus...does anyone know the chances of people dropping the chicago campus?

It looks like I got put on the Rockford campus even though I never asked for it..and am on the waitlist for the chicago campus...does anyone know the chances of people dropping the chicago campus?

same here. i don't know. people are saying congrats but i don't feel like i deserve it.

Got my acceptance (Chicago) today! :soexcited:

See everyone in the fall!!!

accepted to Chicago campus =)
dont need to go to midwesern interview tomorrow woooo

congrats to everyone!!

Congrats to everyone who got in! Even if it is the Rockford campus, just take it...better than nothing at all! Best of luck to everyone and if anyone has questions about UIC let me know, I lived there for 5 years and work at the College of Pharmacy. Bye!

Chicago campus! I'm so excitedddd!

Does anyone know what grades they require for classes being taken this semester? Is it a C or better?

JK everyone. It's a C or better.

CONGRATULATIONS, EVERYONE! :)

I sadly got waitlisted. Looks like ill be going to michigan. Good bye illinois. Ill miss you.

I sadly got waitlisted. Looks like ill be going to michigan. Good bye illinois. Ill miss you.

azn, were u offered rockford campus acceptance with conditional wait list for uic?

azn, were u offered rockford campus acceptance with conditional wait list for uic?

I wasn't offered rockford because I didn't want it. I think I checked on the supplemental that I wasn't interested in Rockford. So I'm pretty sure I'm on the Chicago waitlist. My number is pretty high though, so I don't think they'll get to my number. I'm just gonna put in my 250 deposit at Michigan and prepare to go there.

i never even put rockford as a preference, however they put me in the rockford campus and as a waitlist for an opening for the chicago campus

i never even put rockford as a preference, however they put me in the rockford campus and as a waitlist for an opening for the chicago campus....also azn what is your number?

Wow I got into Rockford as well... I am slightly disappointed right now, but happy I got in I guess... I didn't even put down Rockford.

If they offered me Rockford campus, I wouldn't be going to UIC. Did they give you a waitlist number if you got accepted into Rockford? I'm a little pissed at UIC right now, I'm still in a bit of shock that I didn't get accepted.

If they offered me Rockford campus, I wouldn't be going to UIC. Did they give you a waitlist number if you got accepted into Rockford? I'm a little pissed at UIC right now, I'm still in a bit of shock that I didn't get accepted.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? And getting into Michigan is awesome, that's a really great school.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? And getting into Michigan is awesome, that's a really great school.

Overall GPA 3.58
Science and Math GPA 3.46
Composite PCAT 84
BS in Chemistry from a major university

I was out of school for 2 years before applying, but I do have pharmacy experience. I forgot to mention that I'm finishing taking some pre-reqs at a community college.

Overall GPA 3.58
Science and Math GPA 3.46
Composite PCAT 84
BS in Chemistry from a major university

I was out of school for 2 years before applying, but I do have pharmacy experience. I forgot to mention that I'm finishing taking some pre-reqs at a community college.

And you're in state too? That is kind of weird...unless you blew the interview, but I still don't see how that would work. I wonder what they were looking for...you know how each school seems to focus on something different. Interesting.

And you're in state too? That is kind of weird...unless you blew the interview, but I still don't see how that would work. I wonder what they were looking for...you know how each school seems to focus on something different. Interesting.

I thought I did awesome during the interview, I thought it was the best I had. The thing I didn't like was that the person I interviewed with wasn't even a part of the admission committee. She was just someone who graduated from the school, so I felt like I was just a piece of paper to them. I don't even know if they looked at the rest of my application. I'm gonna go eat a bag of potato chips now. lol. Congratulations to everybody that got in.

For people wondering how far down the waitlist they typically go, it has varied pretty widely by year. In the last few years it has been anywhere from about 10-30. Not sure how it will change with the Rockford campus though.