Anyone heard back from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually received the financial aid estimate today via email. I completed my FAFSA several months ago. Back then, I didn't know what school I would get accepted to so I just added every school I applied to. A week ago, UIC actually updated my FAFSA and removed all the other schools :p I guess now they know where I applied... :)

Thanks. How long should we receive admission instruction from UIC. I should apply for FAFSA now. Because I have a young son, so I really want to go to MWU to save travel time but I have not heard anything from them till now. If UIC receive my FAFSA ,they will remove other schools. Then when I get into MWU, I do need to revise my FAFSA for fund disbursement? do you know anything about this. Pls share with me. Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Still haven't received my formal letter and info packet...Should I be worried? I called about a week ago and OSA told me that I'd get it within the week. But...nada. I'm from SoCal, so maybe that's why? Kinda paranoid about this...Anyone else in the same sitch?

Yeah, me too. I am from IL but still have not received anything.

Still haven't received my formal letter and info packet...Should I be worried? I called about a week ago and OSA told me that I'd get it within the week. But...nada. I'm from SoCal, so maybe that's why? Kinda paranoid about this...Anyone else in the same sitch?

Don't be worried. I found out my letter came in 2 days ago but it's nothing special. You don't have to sign off on anything. The most important thing is paying the deposit (which was done awhile ago). And since you're from Cali, I won't be surprised if it takes a few more days.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
To whom got into Chicago campus from Rockford, do you know the most recent waiting list number accepted.

To whom got into Chicago campus from Rockford, do you know the most recent waiting list number accepted.

As quoted from a previous post:
There are two lists:
1) Waitlist: those who got rejected from chicago and who got into rocford (these people will have dips on any opening in chicago)

2) Alternate list: those wh got denied completely and were given a number. They will get into rockford when spots open up.

As far as wait list goes, I don't think they pulled everyone off that list yet!

As far as alternate list goes, they already started pulling people off for Rockford.

If wait list is completely pulled, they will then go to alternate list for Rockford-->Chicago

bozeefus mentioned a while back that (s)he was #14 on the Rockford to Chicago list, so it has moved at least that far.

bozeefus mentioned a while back that (s)he was #14 on the Rockford to Chicago list, so it has moved at least that far.

UIC website indicated that 43 people moved off alternate list --> so 29 people dropped Rockford. Maybe s'o else has never been on this forum dropped UIC Chicago.

UIC website indicated that 43 people moved off alternate list --> so 29 people dropped Rockford. Maybe s'o else has never been on this forum dropped UIC Chicago.

where'd you find this information?

I was 14 on the alternate list - got offered admission to Rockford and waiting list for Chicago sometime around mid April - declined towards the end of April. When you get your alternate list email they give you your number on the alternate list and a link to a page that tells the highest number on the alternate list that they have offered admission to. I don't know where people are getting the number for how many people have gotten moved from Rockford to Chicago campus. I'm guessing they probably have something similar for the list of who gets moved from Rockford campus to Chicago campus.

I was 14 on the alternate list - got offered admission to Rockford and waiting list for Chicago sometime around mid April - declined towards the end of April. When you get your alternate list email they give you your number on the alternate list and a link to a page that tells the highest number on the alternate list that they have offered admission to. I don't know where people are getting the number for how many people have gotten moved from Rockford to Chicago campus. I'm guessing they probably have something similar for the list of who gets moved from Rockford campus to Chicago campus.

What as your waiting # for Chicago at the time you declined your offer? I just would like to know if I have any chance for Chicago

As quoted from a previous post:

As far as wait list goes, I don't think they pulled everyone off that list yet!

As far as alternate list goes, they already started pulling people off for Rockford.

If wait list is completely pulled, they will then go to alternate list for Rockford-->Chicago

It means they have 2 lists:

- 1st Chicago waiting list for people accepted on the 1st round to Rockford but waiting for Chicago.

- 2nd Chicago waiting list for people pulled off from alt list recently.

It is kind of complicated and I don't know how UIC can manage their 2 lists at the same time.

What as your waiting # for Chicago at the time you declined your offer? I just would like to know if I have any chance for Chicago

I have no idea - but i would assume not too bad...

It means they have 2 lists:

- 1st Chicago waiting list for people accepted on the 1st round to Rockford but waiting for Chicago.

- 2nd Chicago waiting list for people pulled off from alt list recently.

It is kind of complicated and I don't know how UIC can manage their 2 lists at the same time.

The way the alternate and wait list work - from what I was told is:

If you are offered a spot at the Rockford campus but choose Chicago campus as your first choice: you are on the Chicago waitlist.

If a spot at the Rockford campus opens up (for example like when I declined my acceptance offer), then the next person on the alternate list is offered that spot.

If a spot at the Chicago campus opens up - the next person on the Chicago waitlist is (automatically I think) given that spot - then the spot that they had at the Rockford campus is offered to the next person on the alternate list.

I wonder how long UIC is giving the people off the alternate list to reply with their answer. I still can't imagine many people wanting to go to Rockford(even with the cost of living being so low). UIC needs to get their act together and speed up how quickly they send out information. It looks bad on them and the University of Illinois system.

I forgot to mention what about the people who want to go to Chicago who are on the alternate list and get placed in Rockford. What if they've already signed their apartment leases in Rockford? How are they gonna go to Chicago then?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how long UIC is giving the people off the alternate list to reply with their answer. I still can't imagine many people wanting to go to Rockford(even with the cost of living being so low). UIC needs to get their act together and speed up how quickly they send out information. It looks bad on them and the University of Illinois system.

I forgot to mention what about the people who want to go to Chicago who are on the alternate list and get placed in Rockford. What if they've already signed their apartment leases in Rockford? How are they gonna go to Chicago then?

I had just under two weeks to accept or decline. Got acceptance on I think a Monday - with a link to a form - had to have it arrive at UIC the next Friday to guarantee my spot.

I would assume you always have the option of removing yourself from the Chicago waitlist and saying you just want to keep your seat at Rockford - never asked though - since I decided to decline.

It's UIC what do you expect. UIC moves slowly, but everything will be done.

With regards to financial aid, direct deposit is pretty much required. YOu can set it up on UIC Connect. There are two banks on campus, TCF (you can use your i-card as your ATM card) and Credit Union 1 (state of Illinois's credit union).

I've been accepted to both CSU and UIC-Rockford and I'm trying to decide on where to go. CSU is much more convenient for me because I don't have to move or change anything, however UIC is one of the top schools in the nation. Some say it matters where you graduate from and some say it doesn't so I'm not sure. Any opinions???:confused:

I've been accepted to both CSU and UIC-Rockford and I'm trying to decide on where to go. CSU is much more convenient for me because I don't have to move or change anything, however UIC is one of the top schools in the nation. Some say it matters where you graduate from and some say it doesn't so I'm not sure. Any opinions???:confused:

UIC Rockford DO IT:)

I am super confused about the whole waitlist situation for the Chicago campus. I was in the low 20s for the alternate list and then got accepted into Rockford. I sent in my deposit to get on the waiting list for Chicago and asked about my waitlist placement. Somehow that number is 2 higher than I was on the alternate list. Maybe my math is off, but I would think it would be the same or lower than that number, not higher. I think maybe I'm just not understanding how it works...

Regardless, Hi to my future classmates! :)

has anyone still not received their acceptance letter from UIC thru mail?...i have gotten everything through email but not anything from mail

I would really appreciate it if any current pharmacy student in illinois will help me answer this question. How does one document intern hours earned in illinois and how does one get the form to do so and how long do you have to mail your hours to them after the intern hours are over. I tried looking for these forms and information on the the state of pharmacy website and it doesnt have any information about it. Thanks.

I would really appreciate it if any current pharmacy student in illinois will help me answer this question. How does one document intern hours earned in illinois and how does one get the form to do so and how long do you have to mail your hours to them after the intern hours are over. I tried looking for these forms and information on the the state of pharmacy website and it doesnt have any information about it. Thanks.

Pharmacy students in Illinois don't need any intern hours outside of rotations.

I am super confused about the whole waitlist situation for the Chicago campus. I was in the low 20s for the alternate list and then got accepted into Rockford. I sent in my deposit to get on the waiting list for Chicago and asked about my waitlist placement. Somehow that number is 2 higher than I was on the alternate list. Maybe my math is off, but I would think it would be the same or lower than that number, not higher. I think maybe I'm just not understanding how it works...

Hi future classmate!

Yeah, it's pretty confusing but I will try to explain it the best way I can. There are two waiting lists: (1) students who got into Rockford but wanted Chicago and (2) students who have not gotten accepted anywhere. If you received an email with a ranking/number, you are in the #2 list. People who are in the #1 list have first dibs on any open Chicago seating. As these people in the #1 list move to Chicago, Rockford seats open up for students in the #2 list.

There should be four lists:

1. For people already accepted to Rockford, but are waiting to get into Chicago Campus
  2. For people who got into Chicago campus but, but are waiting to get into Rockford Campus
  3. For people not accepted anywhere, trying to get into Rockford campus only.
  4. For people not accepted anywhere, trying to get into Chicago campus only.
--
Obviously kidding, but It would make sense to do it this way right?

There should be four lists:

1. For people already accepted to Rockford, but are waiting to get into Chicago Campus
  2. For people who got into Chicago campus but, but are waiting to get into Rockford Campus
  3. For people not accepted anywhere, trying to get into Rockford campus only.
  4. For people not accepted anywhere, trying to get into Chicago campus only.
--
Obviously kidding, but It would make sense to do it this way right?

#2 does not exist

Eldiem, did the OSA tell you that you were in the 20s for the waitlist to Chicago? I was on the alternate list at #11 and have been repeatedly told that I am #33 for the Chicago waitlist. When was the last time you talked to them?

Hey BruinFlames,
I just got a response via email this week, Wednesday maybe? It was from Ms. Fleming at OSA. This is so weird...Why would you be #33? It doesn't make any sense that there are 32 people ahead of you that accepted the offer of admission at Rockford but would prefer Chicago. That would mean at the very most, there are ~15 at Rockford who wanted to be there.

Again, though, none of this is making any sense right now.

That would mean at the very most, there are ~15 at Rockford who wanted to be there.

I think that is about accurate.....there were in total about 15-25 people there for the interview day. Seems like the majority of Rockford people are set on going to Chicago, which kinda sucks.

Yeah, it does suck. And I thought for sure there would be more people interested in the Rockford campus, except I don't think it was that highly advertised to folks outside of the area.

Personally I think the Rockford program will be great, but location is really important to me. My family isn't nearby, and my parents are older, and I don't like the idea of living so far from an airport that can take me to visit them. To be perfectly honest, I would prefer to attend a school closer to them, but U of I is much cheaper since I already live in IL.

I suppose being from out of state, I'd prefer to stay in Chicago because it's closer to other LA people and it's the first time I'll actually be away from home.

It's just a bit daunting thinking of starting school and being on my own. But I am definitely excited to meet my Rockford classmates and I guess I'll be seeing you guys at orientation!

Hey BruinFlames,
I just got a response via email this week, Wednesday maybe? It was from Ms. Fleming at OSA. This is so weird...Why would you be #33? It doesn't make any sense that there are 32 people ahead of you that accepted the offer of admission at Rockford but would prefer Chicago. That would mean at the very most, there are ~15 at Rockford who wanted to be there.

What I don't understand is I have a friend who was on the alternate list and he was ranked higher than me, but when we were taken off the alternate list I was given Rockford and he was given Chicago. I called OSA to question it and they said the only time that happens is when a student has applied to a special program that is only offered in Chicago. I guess they were talking about a joint program PharmD/MBA but even though it still doesn't make any sense!

The PharmD/MBA program is no longer being offered because the business college backed out of it.

Hey BruinFlames,

There are 2 lists. I don't think they have gone through the first list yet for Chicago seating.

From what I have been told from OSA, there is only 1 waiting list for Chicago. This list was originated on April 8 for people got into Rockford and waited for Chicago. As they started pulling people off the alternate list for Rockford, this list is being added more but it is moving now. I keep checking with OSA almost every week and see that my number come closer.

From what I have been told from OSA, there is only 1 waiting list for Chicago. This list was originated on April 8 for people got into Rockford and waited for Chicago. As they started pulling people off the alternate list for Rockford, this list is being added more but it is moving now. I keep checking with OSA almost every week and see that my number come closer.

Ah I see. I guess that means that people who initially got accepted to Rockford but wanted Chicago have already been moved to Chicago seating. and now they are working on the actual actual wait list.

has anyone still not received their acceptance letter from UIC thru mail?...i have gotten everything through email but not anything from mail

Yeah...I haven't received anything in the mail either. I talked to OSA, and they said there was an uploading error with a batch of students, so UIN's couldn't be generated (thus, letters couldn't go out on time). I waited 2 wks then called again, and Holly gave me my UIN, but said it might not be active. I waited the weekend to see if it would get activated, but it didn't; when I called OSA again, they told me that UIC's OAR still needs to review my info and officially accept me. Long story short, I'm accepted by the COP, but not the overall University. I called UIC's Admissions and they told me that I should receive my letter within two weeks, so...we'll see.
I just really needed my UIN to sign up for on-campus housing (which has assignments going out starting today), so if you need info for housing purposes, then I would definitely give OSA a call.
I understand that UIC is a public school and has a lot to deal with right now, but not receiving anything in the mail while hearing about glitches and errors can be frustrating...so follow-up if you're concerned. Good luck! :oops:

Yeah...I haven't received anything in the mail either. I talked to OSA, and they said there was an uploading error with a batch of students, so UIN's couldn't be generated (thus, letters couldn't go out on time). I waited 2 wks then called again, and Holly gave me my UIN, but said it might not be active. I waited the weekend to see if it would get activated, but it didn't; when I called OSA again, they told me that UIC's OAR still needs to review my info and officially accept me. Long story short, I'm accepted by the COP, but not the overall University. I called UIC's Admissions and they told me that I should receive my letter within two weeks, so...we'll see.
I just really needed my UIN to sign up for on-campus housing (which has assignments going out starting today), so if you need info for housing purposes, then I would definitely give OSA a call.
I understand that UIC is a public school and has a lot to deal with right now, but not receiving anything in the mail while hearing about glitches and errors can be frustrating...so follow-up if you're concerned. Good luck! :oops:

So theres no way they can reject me right? I mean the pharm said yes, now they have to wait for admissions from UIC? wtf? I declined my seats in my other schools.

So theres no way they can reject me right? I mean the pharm said yes, now they have to wait for admissions from UIC? wtf? I declined my seats in my other schools.

This is same thing that is happening to me. Some story about not being uploaded correctly, I have my UIN, but can't even log in to accept my award letter for financial aid, which blows. I keep calling and they keep telling me the same thing. I am in the COP but UIC has me in a "pending" status in their admissions records. I don't think you could be rejected at this point. Its just uic that is dragging...I hope we can get our NetID's soon so i can move forward with this whole process. grrr

I just called Holly this morning. She said that the UIC admission office is working hard now due to overloaded. It may take us 5-6 weeks from the date OSA sent our info to admission office to receive the letter w/ UIN#. She said don't worry about the financial aid award letter since they all understand the situation. COP may accept students until one week b4 Fall 2010 starts. I also asked her should I call the admission office and she said that would not help since everything must be done in time order. BTW, I will call her back in 3 weeks to check.

I just called Holly this morning. She said that the UIC admission office is working hard now due to overloaded. It may take us 5-6 weeks from the date OSA sent our info to admission office to receive the letter w/ UIN#. She said don't worry about the financial aid award letter since they all understand the situation. COP may accept students until one week b4 Fall 2010 starts. I also asked her should I call the admission office and she said that would not help since everything must be done in time order. BTW, I will call her back in 3 weeks to check.

This isn't out of spite, but uic needs to get their act together. I love the university of illinois schools, but uic is supposed to be a top pharmacy program, arguably top in illinois. The way they've handled the interview process, and the acceptance process both at the chicago and rockford campus has been simply bad. Its not like they're a school that just got accredited or something. They've had 100 plus years to get this application process down.

This isn't out of spite, but uic needs to get their act together. I love the university of illinois schools, but uic is supposed to be a top pharmacy program, arguably top in illinois. The way they've handled the interview process, and the acceptance process both at the chicago and rockford campus has been simply bad. Its not like they're a school that just got accredited or something. They've had 100 plus years to get this application process down.

But this is UIC, it is part of the charm of the school. The COP accepts its students. Then they have to tell the office of Admissions who they accepted. The Office of Admissions will then assign UIN or reactivate the UIN for the accepted students. From there, ACCC will assign a netid.
In my year, they screwed up tuition deposits.

Yeah. Holly assured me that I wouldn't be rejected by UIC, because I was also uber paranoid about that. Haha. Don't worry. I'm sure UIC will have things straightened out by the time school starts. I'm glad that I'm not the only one in this boat; I was starting to think it was only happening to me. We can bond over it during Orientation. See y'all there!

P.S. Is there a dress code for Orientation? I'm coming from CA, and it's currently in the mid-80s...and I heard there are T-storms happening in the Midwest? Kind of wanted to make sure I wasn't over/under-dressed...Haha.

Is there a dress code for Orientation?

i remember hearing from the p1 and p2 students during the interview that there is no dress code for orientation. i am planning to show up in jeans+shirt+flip flops. :laugh:

june 14 is a week away and in chicago, it could be raining or 90 degrees by then (it was raining today)

i remember hearing from the p1 and p2 students during the interview that there is no dress code for orientation. i am planning to show up in jeans+shirt+flip flops. :laugh:

june 14 is a week away and in chicago, it could be raining or 90 degrees by then (it was raining today)

I'm surprised they told you this. Everyone at orientation was in business casual attire.

Will we be doing a lot of walking? I'm trying to decide which shoes to wear...

Hi future P1s! There is a dress code, business casual (no jeans, no gym shoes), but do try to wear comfortable shoes. You guys should be receiving an e-mail from your peer advisors soon (i only know this bc im a peer advisor :D). Can't wait to meet the new P1s at orientation