Anyone heard back from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Speak of the devil

March 3, 2010
Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy. Although it took a bit longer than we had anticipated, the Admissions Committee has completed its initial review of applications. I am pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee would like to extend to you the opportunity to visit the UIC College of Pharmacy and participate in an on-site interview during the week of March 22 through 26.

--
The applicant pool is extremely strong and making it to the interview pool is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!
good luck to everyone!:laugh::laugh::laugh::love:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ok guys I just received an invitation for interview!! Good luck everyone!

Yeah~~~
The waiting was totally worthwhile!!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Its finally here! :laugh: Now just to wait 3 more weeks for the actual interview..:rolleyes:

So after calling yesterday and getting slightly annoyed with everything, I woke up to an email in my inbox...Interview offered! :highfive::clap:

Yay! :) What a happy surprise in the morning!

To those of you who got the e-mail... what campus did you apply to? I applied to the Rockford campus and have not received an email yet.

Woot I just got an email! Time to schedule an interview. I applied to the main chicago campus.

Congrats guys and gals - Got my invite e-mail, too!! :)

When you respond to the e-mail did you guys indicate a date that you wanted or just that you are interested in the interview in general?

To those of you who got the e-mail... what campus did you apply to? I applied to the Rockford campus and have not received an email yet.
---> I indicated only Chicago

I put Rockford too and have not gotten an email either. Hopefully that means that Rockford is later and they did not outright reject me after all this!:scared:

Phew!! That is good to hear...maybe we will get an e-mail later today or in the next few days. Hopefully, this means that our interviews will be in Rockford too!

Mine was in my spam folder so if you do not have an email check there!
:):):):):):):)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have gmail and don't have anything in spam or inbox yet. Yikes...I hope this doesn't mean denied. I wonder if they would issue a denial by email or by regular mail?

I have gmail and don't have anything in spam or inbox yet. Yikes...I hope this doesn't mean denied. I wonder if they would issue a denial by email or by regular mail?

Usually regular mail. =( I haven't gotten an email yet either.

As per the post showing what the email from UIC said..."we have finished our initial review of applications"...so maybe there is still another round to go.

I wonder how the admissions comittee works at uic. Are they gonna do all the interviews and then meet once afterwards to review all the applicants, or are they gonna do it every few days? I asked for an end of the week interview, hopefully that won't lower my chances as I really wanna go to uic.

I did my interview in late January. I just got my letter of acceptance in the mail! UIC is the only school I truly wanted, so I'm very happy.

lol i just assumed i was gonna get rejected since most schools have offered their interviews already. i got mines today too, but i'm gonna decline :(

UIC will do their interviews, and after all the interviews are completed, they will make the final cuts. At that point, you will be accepted, wait-listed, or rejected.

Does anyone know how many students UIC are planning to interview? And how many are they planning to accept?

Does anyone know how many students UIC are planning to interview? And how many are they planning to accept?

It's estimated that they interview 300 people and accept 160 according to pharmcas and what they took in last year. I hope they're still in the process of sending out more interview applications. My little sister applied too and she hasn't heard anything, and she sent in her supplemental before i did.

It's estimated that they interview 300 people and accept 160 according to pharmcas and what they took in last year. I hope they're still in the process of sending out more interview applications. My little sister applied too and she hasn't heard anything, and she sent in her supplemental before i did.

+50 more for the Rockford campus.

Being in the same class as my younger sibling would weird me out.

+50 more for the Rockford campus.

Being in the same class as my younger sibling would weird me out.

I know, but I don't really care that much. I did four years to get a bs in chemistry at UIUC, then took a year to figure out what I wanted to do before deciding on Pharmacy. My little sister is at UIC finishing up her second year and applying to pharm school. I kinda feel bad, it's like we're competing, but I want her to do well and get into UIC as well. I woke up today and got an email for an interview from UIC, so me being the excited ******* sent her a text asking her if she got one. Sure enough, she didn't and now I feel like crap. I'm hoping they send out more invites.

I got my email for an interview today, too! Yay!
Does anyone know if the interviews are group or individual? Also, how's the weather in Chi-town in late March? I'm coming from Southern California, and currently sporting shorts...:\

I got my email for an interview today, too! Yay!
Does anyone know if the interviews are group or individual? Also, how's the weather in Chi-town in late March? I'm coming from Southern California, and currently sporting shorts...:\

Be prepared for anything from 10 degrees and snowing to 60s-70s and sunny! Seriously, I have lived in Chicago for 20+ years and still have no clue what the weather will be at any given time.

Probably 30-50 degrees F during interview week

My wife called UIC and they said that they will be sending out more interview invites through the end of the week.

Yeah in the interview e-mail they ask you to accept or decline (if you have decided to pursue something else) so they're probably waiting for people to decline and filling in those spots so they can interview as many people as possible.

I did my interview in late January. I just got my letter of acceptance in the mail! UIC is the only school I truly wanted, so I'm very happy.

May I ask when did you apply to get the interview that so earlier than some ones here?
Thanks.

May I ask when did you apply to get the interview that so earlier than some ones here?
Thanks.

I think he did UIC's new early acceptance program. If you finish all your prereq's before the early acceptance deadline date, you can submit all your stuff and get an early interview and acceptance earlier.

those of you who did get interviews did UIC cash your supplemental check yet??

I'll be applying next year, and may I ask You what your major was please? I'm currently doing bio, but my friend just said she got rejected an interview bc apparently bio major is too easy, and they want chem or bio chem?
Thanx

Congrats guys and gals - Got my invite e-mail, too!! :)

When you respond to the e-mail did you guys indicate a date that you wanted or just that you are interested in the interview in general?

---> I indicated only Chicago

For those of You aacepted may I know what major You are?

I'll be applying next year, and may I ask You what your major was please? I'm currently doing bio, but my friend just said she got rejected an interview bc apparently bio major is too easy, and they want chem or bio chem?
Thanx

Sounds a bit ridic they consider Bio too easy...anyway I wouldn't know though cuz I'm Biochem so I got an invite.

I think your friend is full of it. I don't think they even sent out interview declinations yet, as they have yet to finish sending out interview invites. I'm also pretty confident that they wouldn't tell her that her major was too easy to merit an interview. My major was chemistry btw, but I don't think that really matters to the admission committee. I'm thinking they look at gpa, pcat score, and whether or not all the prereqs were completed.

Tanx, makes me feel a bit better. I really want to go to UIC and my gpa's good, but I was starting to consider switching my major...

I think your friend is full of it. I don't think they even sent out interview declinations yet, as they have yet to finish sending out interview invites. I'm also pretty confident that they wouldn't tell her that her major was too easy to merit an interview. My major was chemistry btw, but I don't think that really matters to the admission committee. I'm thinking they look at gpa, pcat score, and whether or not all the prereqs were completed.

I completely agree.

My major is Biochemistry, but I know a few people at UIC that got in without a major at all just prereqs from a community college. That's certainly easier than a Bio major :p

So here is the thing, I went to UIC for 5 years of undergraduate and overall, UIC is slow is all things administrative. Every office works slower and it takes a while for anything to get done. So if you haven't heard back from them, don't worry, they are just slow. We have spring break starting the 22nd of march and i believe that is when interview week is.
Early interviews were during December and early January. I took mine the second week of January and got accepted a week later. However, I still haven't received my official letter of acceptance so I have asked the office what is going on and they say that it is just busy and will take a while. If anyone has any other questions about UIC or interviews or anything, feel free to let me know. :) Laterz!

p.s. Has anyone else who has been accepted to early interviews, gotten an acceptance letter or anything else yet?

So here is the thing, I went to UIC for 5 years of undergraduate and overall, UIC is slow is all things administrative. Every office works slower and it takes a while for anything to get done. So if you haven't heard back from them, don't worry, they are just slow. We have spring break starting the 22nd of march and i believe that is when interview week is.
Early interviews were during December and early January. I took mine the second week of January and got accepted a week later. However, I still haven't received my official letter of acceptance so I have asked the office what is going on and they say that it is just busy and will take a while. If anyone has any other questions about UIC or interviews or anything, feel free to let me know. :) Laterz!

p.s. Has anyone else who has been accepted to early interviews, gotten an acceptance letter or anything else yet?

Plus with the huge budget crunch and trying to frantically get everything going with the Rockford campus, UIC COP is in a bit of chaos right now.

Thanx

Never go by these word of mouth things. If you have a question, call the office. They will be more than happy to tell you these things. I would hate to see you not even apply due to something that your friend said.
And I got an interview, but I didn't have a major. Just did the pre-pharmacy track for two years to complete the pre-reqs.

Majors are unimportant for acceptance. You pre-req grades are way more important and also, taking >15 hours per semester looks good.
UIC will get everything done. It is just on their time frame and not yours. A major issue with financial aid is actually getting the tuition finalized. That can be delayed because the state hasn't completed their budget. Some years you don't get your financial aid letter until July if you are a continuing student.

Now I'm waiting for them to give me a specific interview date. I hope it doesn't take two weeks as I need to get the day off from work. Did anybody else get an interview invite after the first set of invites were sent out on Tuesday? :confused:

Now I'm waiting for them to give me a specific interview date. I hope it doesn't take two weeks as I need to get the day off from work. Did anybody else get an interview invite after the first set of invites were sent out on Tuesday? :confused:

I have not gotten my official date either, even though I replied 5 minutes after I got the email. I sure am glad I do not have to buy plane tickets and people I work with are willing to switch with me!

I did not receive my interview date either. Since the e-mail said reply by March 8th, my guess is they we will know sometime next week... hopefully...

I did not receive my interview date either. Since the e-mail said reply by March 8th, my guess is they we will know sometime next week... hopefully...

they sure are not giving us a lot of time! i feel sorry for out-of-state students who have to buy a plane ticket very last minute and probably get ripped off by the cost :/

they sure are not giving us a lot of time! i feel sorry for out-of-state students who have to buy a plane ticket very last minute and probably get ripped off by the cost :/

No kidding, considering this is during spring break, so plane tickets are RIDICULOUS.

Hi all,

Is there a recommended hotel near/on campus to stay over for couple days?

Thanks.