Anyone heard back from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I denied my interview invite so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone else. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

my bet is you won't be getting one. Just go to the lobby of the pharmacy building 30 minutes early and you should be fine. Remember, there's no breakfast or lunch, so get your energy in.

Thanks, I appreciate the info!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many students were admitted through early admission? I'm getting worried about my chances :/

Does anyone know how many students were admitted through early admission? I'm getting worried about my chances :/

They had several interview dates for early admission candidates. However, they told me of those who interviewed with me about 7-8, i think, were admitted.

So I received the initial interview offer email and I had replied to it about 3 times just being paranoid and thinking they hadn't received it. But they finally emailed our interview dates and I received a Tuesday one. So I called the school actually and had changed it to the Monday since I'm traveling from fairly farther away. I changed it on the phone and I can't seem to find my sent box message that I replied to the letter that listed the Monday date. I am pretty sure the phone call had confirmed it but I have not received anything and I'm pretty concerned that they gave away my interview spot because what if I didn't send my confirmation letter to them about the second letter. Anyone have any thoughts?

The only thing I can do is wait til Monday morning 8 am to call. But my flight's at 9 am that morning and I'm just worried about it. :scared::scared:

:(

Cheer up :) I don't think there'll be any problem because my impression is that they did their best to confirm the interview date/time with the applicants.

There was some problem with my/their E-mail that they did not get my reply to the initial interview offer letter, so they sent me a reminder E-mail the next week. I scheduled my interview in person with them and then got the E-mail with the date/time of the interview. I called Office of Student Affairs to confirm that the date/time works for me because I was worried that E-mail might not work again. Then after several days, I actually received another phone call from Office of Student Affairs to confirm the date/time again. I guess because I confirmed with them over the phone and since they did not have my confirmation letter they wanted to double check with me.

So I think they were carefully verifying every interview date/time with the applicants. If they had not received your confirmation letter, they would have called you to confirm.

So, don't worry, get a good night's rest :D You can also try calling the school early in the morning just to be 100% sure. But don't worry, you'll be fine. Good luck on the interview! :thumbup:

So I received the initial interview offer email and I had replied to it about 3 times just being paranoid and thinking they hadn't received it. But they finally emailed our interview dates and I received a Tuesday one. So I called the school actually and had changed it to the Monday since I'm traveling from fairly farther away. I changed it on the phone and I can't seem to find my sent box message that I replied to the letter that listed the Monday date. I am pretty sure the phone call had confirmed it but I have not received anything and I'm pretty concerned that they gave away my interview spot because what if I didn't send my confirmation letter to them about the second letter. Anyone have any thoughts?

The only thing I can do is wait til Monday morning 8 am to call. But my flight's at 9 am that morning and I'm just worried about it. :scared::scared:

:(

Cheer up :) I don't think there'll be any problem because my impression is that they did their best to confirm the interview date/time with the applicants.

There was some problem with my/their E-mail that they did not get my reply to the initial interview offer letter, so they sent me a reminder E-mail the next week. I scheduled my interview in person with them and then got the E-mail with the date/time of the interview. I called Office of Student Affairs to confirm that the date/time works for me because I was worried that E-mail might not work again. Then after several days, I actually received another phone call from Office of Student Affairs to confirm the date/time again. I guess because I confirmed with them over the phone and since they did not have my confirmation letter they wanted to double check with me.

So I think they were carefully verifying every interview date/time with the applicants. If they had not received your confirmation letter, they would have called you to confirm.

So, don't worry, get a good night's rest :D You can also try calling the school early in the morning just to be 100% sure. But don't worry, you'll be fine. Good luck on the interview! :thumbup:

Thank you so much! That is so reassuring! Based on all that, hopefully the phone call was the confirmation and everything will be set! Thank you again so much and good luck to you too! :)

Good luck to you guys on Monday :thumbup:

Good luck to all who are interviewing this week. If possible for anybody interviewing on Monday, could you possibly share with us what exactly the schedule of everything is (ie when the writing prompt and how many people were in the interview and information about when we would be hearing from them again).

It looks like there won't be a writing portion and the interview should only take 2 hours. I emailed the admissions lady today and got this back as a reply:

"There is no writing portion. This information is on our website. You will only be here about about 2 hours."

It looks like there won't be a writing portion and the interview should only take 2 hours. I emailed the admissions lady today and got this back as a reply:

"There is no writing portion. This information is on our website. You will only be here about about 2 hours."

Where did you see on their website that it says there is no writing portion? Here is a copy and past of the only thing I can find about the interview.

Step 7
If selected, participate in admission interview (March 22 - 26, 2010) and assessment of written and verbal communication skills.

I keep hearing mixed things about the writing portion. When I wrote the office of student affairs, I was told there was one. Others keep saying that there isn't. I guess we will find out on Monday. I'm hoping there isn't one as I thinking a writing portion doesn't really tell you that much about the candidate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't tell either. One of my friends who already got in through the early acceptance program said there was no written portion. I would think they would treat the early acceptance interviewees the same as the regulars, no? :confused:
Also, my e-mail said the interview would take 2 hrs which makes it seem like there would not be enough time for writing. Guess we'll see...

Hey guys!
First of all, best of luck to everyone who has an interview this week. Great weather which is a plus for Chicago.
In regards to the interview, I had an early interview and it was pretty straightforward. It was closed file, so the interviewer has no idea about your GPA or past academic record nor what school you even go to. It was an early interview in January so it was just 2 interviews, 30 min each and that was it. I am not sure about the written section but it was very easy going. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask regarding the interview or UIC itself. I went there for 5 years of undergraduate so I know the area pretty well. Bye!

Thanks for the clarification!!!!! :thumbup:

Interviewed today and to confirm any obscurity: there is NO written portion; they said that they removed it because it's already covered in the pcat;

you basically sit and relax with the student ambassadors prior to the interview; they are mainly P1 students who are just there to answer any questions and alleviate any stress; the interview itself is 25-30 min, closed file 1:1 interview; clearly the time is subject to change; my interview was a whopping 50 minutes of drilling (i had a lot of pharmacy experience and she didn't cut me any slack);

after the interview, there is an optional tour;
snacks and refreshments are provided;

Had my interview this morning. I was kind of shocked at how SHORT everything was! Get there 30 minutes early, talk to student ambassadors, 30 minute interview, and then you can take an optional tour. I was in and out!
Very relaxed, though.
Good luck to you all :)

If you are lucky, you can ask them to see the Cubs plaque. across the street they have a plaque stating this was the Cubs played in the early 1900s and won the world series there.

Had my interview today. Everyone I met was fairly confident, but I felt like I botched my interview. I did not have a good feeling coming out. :(

It will take about 3 weeks until you hear back with any news. You will be notified regarding your decision: whether you're accepted, rejected, or placed on the waiting list.

If you are put on the waiting list, you can choose from the following: either stay on the waiting list or be placed for Rockford campus. The student I spoke with said that if you decide to go with the latter option, you do not have to do your interview again, but you will lose your spot on the waiting list.

I am not sure how many students are put on the waiting list. The student I spoke with did not know. She was able to tell me that they pulled approximately 20 students from the waiting list last year.

-----------------------------------

On the tour, we went to a lecture room that was being prepped to record video and audio for real-time transmission to Rockford campus when the semester began. It seemed very high tech

Last edited:
Had my interview today. Everyone I met was fairly confident, but I felt like I botched my interview. I did not have a good feeling coming out. :(

It will take about 3 weeks until you hear back with any news. You will be notified regarding your decision: whether you're accepted, rejected, or placed on the waiting list.

If you are put on the waiting list, you can choose from the following: either stay on the waiting list or be placed for Rockford campus. The student I spoke with said that if you decide to go with the latter option, you do not have to do your interview again, but you will lose your spot on the waiting list.

I am not sure how many students are put on the waiting list. The student I spoke with did not know. She was able to tell me that they pulled approximately 20 students from the waiting list last year.

-----------------------------------

On the tour, we went to a lecture room that was being prepped to record video and audio for real-time transmission to Rockford campus when the semester began. It seemed very high tech

Ahhhh, this is by far the best lecture room in the college (reclining seats and tons of space). Other students are actually a little upset that the P1s will be the only ones who get to use it next year since it's currently the only room set up to sync with the Rockford campus.

I was told by the student ambassador after the interview that if I want to send a thank you email to my interviewer, I should send it to the admission office and let them forward it. :confused: I was confused so I did not send one. I am wondering why :confused:

Wrote my check for supplemental app 1-6 and already got rejected about two weeks ago and they JUST cashed my check yesterday. How lame.

That's really rubbing salt in the wound. That sucks moni. Have you figured out where you're going yet?

That's really rubbing salt in the wound. That sucks moni. Have you figured out where you're going yet?

99.8% sure I am going to Nova...unless UF/Mercer contact me with a miracle. =)

I have a question about Financial Aid - should I apply right now even though I have no been accepted yet? If yes, does anyone know when the priority deadline is?

that sucks - I know it's March 1st for undergrad, but for grad too? b/c midwestern's isn't until may 14th

You can fill out the fafsa and list all the schools you applied to before you even got accepted.

Anyone have any ideas when we should hear back, I know they said early to mid april..

Does anyone know when they started sending acceptances last year?

Should we start a poll on who can guess the day??

Anyone have any ideas when we should hear back, I know they said early to mid april..

Does anyone know when they started sending acceptances last year?

Should we start a poll on who can guess the day??

No a poll is dumb. It will probably be around april 8th. They're done with all their interviews, so it shouldn't take long now.

one more question, do I have to file as an independent?

UIC considers pharm students to be independent graduate students for sake of financial aid.

Does anyone know how many people were interviewed? Or how many they have interviewed in the past??

Does anyone know how many people were interviewed? Or how many they have interviewed in the past??

PharmCAS said last year they interviewed 300 and accepted 160. Those numbers should go up ~33% or so due to the 50 more students being taken at the new Rockford campus.

The wait is killing me!
I interviewed on the first day so I feel like it's been forever!

Tell me about it, this is my top choice and I'm dying to get in. I really want to get into the joint PharmD/PhD program after the first year.

Tell me about it, this is my top choice and I'm dying to get in. I really want to get into the joint PharmD/PhD program after the first year.

My top choice too! I'd give anything to be back in Chicago.
I just want to find out so I can start trying to find a roommate and somewhere to live.

My top choice too! I'd give anything to be back in Chicago.
I just want to find out so I can start trying to find a roommate and somewhere to live.

Haha, me too. Only I have someone I will be living with- on the chance that I do get in.

Haha, me too. Only I have someone I will be living with- on the chance that I do get in.

Lucky, haha. I was supposed to live with my friend, but she found an apartment she really wanted and there was some competition for it, so she already signed the lease :(

I spoke with UIC Financial Aid dept and they said there is no priority deadline for graduate students, just fill out and submit FAFSA by the beginning of the academic year. Priority deadlines are only for undergrads - phew!

I love Chicago and live in the city right now. Hope we all end up here!

Last edited:
I'm out of state! I wonder how many out of state applicants they interviewed. If it's a large number, I don't know if they still would stick to the 10% out of state thing or not. Kinda makes me nervous.

Any other UIC applicants out of state who had an interview?

I did, but I cancelled it. Kind of semi-regret it now as I feel I should have checked the school out at least, but 2 weeks notice didn't really give me much time to get a plane ticket. Especially after dishing out app fees for 6 schools. Oh well, I've been wanting to go to UT for years but never thought I would get in. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy in Austin.

Yeah the more I read up on how Illinois students are favored, being from Michigan I can't help but wonder if I even have a shot.....

I killed the interview so hopefully that will make up for it..

The student ambassador I talked with told me (even though she apparently wasn't supposed to) that they interviewed mostly out of state. It'll be interesting to see the breakdown of everything once decisions come out, especially with the Rockford campus and such.
I'm PRAYING that they let us know this week. I have a feeling they will :xf:

The student ambassador I talked with told me (even though she apparently wasn't supposed to) that they interviewed mostly out of state. It'll be interesting to see the breakdown of everything once decisions come out, especially with the Rockford campus and such.
I'm PRAYING that they let us know this week. I have a feeling they will :xf:

Hmm I wonder what that will mean in relation to there proposed 10% OOS policy???

Does anyone have any idea what the relationship between the rockford campus is to the chicago campus, in terms of transferring? Obviously the chicago campus is what most applicants would prefer, but if there was the possibility of transferring to the chicago campus after the first year would you do it?? Permitting you were waitlisted of course.

Hmm I wonder what that will mean in relation to there proposed 10% OOS policy???

Does anyone have any idea what the relationship between the rockford campus is to the chicago campus, in terms of transferring? Obviously the chicago campus is what most applicants would prefer, but if there was the possibility of transferring to the chicago campus after the first year would you do it?? Permitting you were waitlisted of course.

There won't be an option to switch after your final decision has been made regarding campuses. The whole idea of the Rockford campus is that it's geared for people planning to practice in rural areas. They didn't want people going there just to get an eventual in at the Chicago campus.

So since I am so darn anxious to hear back and such...
Of those who think that you have a pretty good shot, would anyone be looking for someone to live with by any chance?
I'm clean, quiet, and respectful. Promise!